10820 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suncafe.com/
- Phone: 8183087420x
- Hours of Operation:
Thurs-Fri 11am-11pm /Sat 10-11/Sun 10-10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Unspecified, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Roi Elam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from SunCafe
SunCafe is an exciting and healthy organic eatery. We are a full service dining, sit-down, destination located in Studio City, CA, just steps away from Hollywood, Universal Studios and many major movie studios.Continued
We offer many vegan, gluten-free and raw food options. Despite our healthy focus, our first and foremost aspiration is to offer delicious and crave-worthy cuisine.
We offer many vegan, gluten-free and raw food options. Despite our healthy focus, our first and foremost aspiration is to offer delicious and crave-worthy cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
SunCafe - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
SunCafe reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (45)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (30)good for groups (23)special occasion (21)romantic (16)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- My Favorite Vegan CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Within 30 miles of my home, there are exactly 2 restaurants that serve organic vegetarian food. Driving 50 miles for a fabulous lunch with good friends is a perfect way to spend a Sunday. The new restaurant location is perfect, very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Spot is Unbelievably Nice!ChewieDined on 9/27/2014The last time I ate at SunCafe was at their old location just down the road. What an upgrade! The new spot is way more spacious, and while I enjoyed the ambience before, they have definitely stepped up their game here. We ordered the Pad Thai and Supreme Pizza. Originally wanted the Farmer's Market Pizza, but our server said it had been replaced. That was disappointing--please keep updated menus! The food itself was really tasty! I wonder how the Pad Thai would've tasted as a warm dish... Our server was nice and pretty attentive until at the very end when we wanted dessert. Needed to ask someone to grab him after waiting ~10 minutes. No biggie--he came right over. For dessert, get the Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake. Seriously, just do it.Special Features:
- Great vegan restaurant!wed0166Dined on 9/26/2014Sun cafe is the premiere vegan experience! Wonderful location. Beautiful decor inside. The food is phenomenal. Best shakes and smoothies on the planet. (Particular note: must try the mint shamrock shake!) Non-vegans will be won over, given the chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vegan optionjmjrVIPDined on 9/26/2014Good vegan option in Studio City but there are other accessible LA options equally as good.Special Features:
- Great experienceteresaDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I are newbie vegans and have struggled to find great vegan food outside of home. We will definitely go back to Sun Café. Our server was great and took time to explain the dishes and give his suggestions. One in our group struggled a little to find something substantial because he eats meat but he had the risotto which was rich, creamy, and perfectly prepared. The Sun Burger is very tasty and filling and my husband had the Italian sandwich and loved it. Definitely share the desserts, they are large and very rich...and delicious. The patio area is very inviting and it seems like a great place to stop by for a smoothie and hang out. Very friendly staff and convenient valet parking. No hesitation recommending Sun Café.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemOnlyEatOutDined on 9/13/2014I'm not a vegan and really wasn't excited about going here. I was so wrong. The food is great. I'm still not a vegan but will be back often. The SunCafe is a real gem.Special Features:
- slow servicecleoDined on 9/1/2014service was good when present but too slow - we had to ask for each thing rather than being solicitedSpecial Features:
- Very disappointing experienceHeidiVIPDined on 9/1/2014The service was dreadful, we waited for quite a while for menus, to give our orders and for our food. The waitress was hard to flag when what was served was so unsatisfactory it had to be sent back. Would NEVER return.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was unimpressive for the price. I was dining with a fellow vegan chef, and a meat-eater that loves to eat vegan. We were all underwhelmed with the food and service.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantluv2eatoutDined on 8/25/2014We love everything about SunCafe - food, service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious vegan cuisine!ReenieroDined on 8/25/2014SO happy to have found Sun Cafe! Loved the nachos and the mac & cheese, and the coffee smoothie. It's great to have a new neighborhood vegan spot to go to! Great friendly service, wonderful ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!luv2eatoutDined on 8/24/2014Love this restaurant! Delicious food! Many gluten-free choices.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING VEGAN DININGfoodchowVIPDined on 8/22/2014With the atmosphere of a very nice restaurant, a good wine list, a fine beer list the Sun Cafe serves sophisticated vegan food that is good for the body. Knowledgeable servers explain the ingedients and some very surprising concepts to make it easy on first time diners. Laid back, warm and inventive. This restaurant is on our list of regular places to eat - and it's healthy too! Valet parking. Patio. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best cuisine in LAThoughts4myfoodDined on 8/17/2014When it comes to dining out, my expectations of food are kind of high. This place always has consistently good food. Healthy raw vegan food and I'm not even vegan but I crave the lettuce tacos and zucchini lasagna. Smoothies and cupcakes are a great guilt free treat to and the sangria is the bomb! I've dined here at least a dozen times at the old location and new. Service was perfect on this last visit. It can be hit or miss sometimes though. I'm sure they will work out the kinks. This place is wonderful!!! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood Gemluv2eatoutDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food. Great for food allergies! The macaroni and cheese is outstanding as are the fiesta burger, the portabello mushroom sandwich, and the almond butter 'cheesecake'. Terrific menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Vegan FarejmitchlDined on 8/5/2014Seriously great food, period. Not just "great for a vegan place" - GREAT. It's a bit pricey but well worth it. The "dairy" elements made mostly from nuts are incredible. The key lime pie - completely raw - was perhaps the best I've ever tasted. For me - I am not vegan, by the way - this place was a bit of a revelation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious AND nutritiousYumTumDined on 8/4/2014Wow! I was taken aback at how delectable food is at this organic cafe! I'm not vegan or a raw food fanatic but there were so many great sounding options. We shared three entres and all we're delicious. A lovely patio. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed this time...davidyDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten at the old location a number of times and found the food outstanding. This was the first time at the new location, which is very attractive. But, the food was very disappointing. The did offer to replace what we ordered and they paid for our dessert. We hope this was a fluke.Special Features:
- Party of 3PlantpowerDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic food! Other than needing to remind the waiter that I was still waiting on a sun burger that he obviously had forgotten after my lunch dates had finished half of their meals, everything else was great! The new location is much easier to talk in and is much roomier than the old one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & yummyKLaw9Dined on 8/1/2014Great spot for lunch, great atmosphere, great service, just great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014We loved everything about Suncafe, the place itself, the food, the service, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks Good Tastes Good Sounds MehthepriestandthebluebirdDined on 7/28/2014Sun Cafe recently moved to a lovely and MUCH larger venue with great parking - Mac N' Cheese has been modified (I preferred the original) and it seemed the prices were a bit higher - however the food was still fantastic but the music left a dull sound in our ears..... my BF said he expected to at least hear new agey type music or preferably chill/lounge/cid jazz but it was kind of what you expect to hear at Sizzler ... with a lot of top 40 middle of the road easy listening rock from the late 70's and 80's.... otherwise Sun Cafe is a staple vegan location for us and our friends... Highly recommend their cooking classes on Saturday mornings :-)Special Features:
- Eating healthy never tasted so goodScjimVIPDined on 7/26/2014Yes it is a vegetarian restaurant which offers vegan and raw options. It is an inventive and highly skilled kitchen turning out flavorful and creative healthy food that is simply delicious.Special Features:
- Organic, Original, Outstanding !hockeyfoodDined on 7/26/2014Since my wife is pregnant, we are trying to eat GMO-free and pesticide-free. An online search pointed me to SunCafe. The food was truly amazing. The restaurant staff is very knowledgable. We will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Love SunCafenomnom1Dined on 7/22/2014We highly enjoyed our meal at SunCafe, great vegan spot that meat eaters will also enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/21/2014Best vegan food in LA. Friendly service. The ambiance in the outdoor area is especially delightful on a summer evening. Street parking is often hard to find, but there is valet service for those who want to use it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LlanetMartinDined on 7/19/2014This place was cute, central to LA, and the food was super delicious and healthy! My group and I all have different dietary restrictions and this place accommodated it all! To say we enjoyed this place is a HUGE understatement! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Healthy and HappyHealthyFoodieDined on 7/14/2014Each dish is thoughtfully created, balanced and surprising (in a good way). The cacao shake is enough of a reason to return. The zucchini lasagna and accompanying garlic bread with balsamic was the perfect entree. Raw dishes abound and there are choices within choices. For instance the nachos could be raw or cooked. I chose the cooked option with corn chips - - a must! Enthusiastic, interactive staff. Raw, vegan and gluten free foodies finally have a place they can be proud to take their meat eating friends to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very creative vegetarianAwinrmVIPDined on 7/13/2014While we have just recently started eating Vegetarian food, most places have been ordinary and bland. The menu here is very creative, flavorful and delicious. We were very impressed.....and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful New Location but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014I love the Sun Cafe's new location and addition of outside dinning but the food has taken a step downwards. Service was so very slow. After a half hour our waitress finally admitted it was taking a long time but would be right out, that it was due to a large party right before us, and we waited another 15 minutes. We sat inside in one of the back booths next to a very noisy table. I had the sunburger which i have had before and loved but this time it was lack-luster and flavorless. One of the reasons I made reservations here was to have their amazing chocolate cupcuakes. It was early in the evening and they were out, and out of the keylime desert to. Really at 7:30pm? Very disappointed.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION!DarstcoachVIPDined on 7/11/2014We've been enjoying SunCafe's food for a while now, but it was always cramped and challenging to park - but no more!! SunCafe has just moved to where Zach's used to be on Ventura Blvd. It is a spacious and beautiful location with a lovely outdoor patio in the front. I think the food is better than ever!Special Features:
- Unexpectedly goodLovetoEatDined on 7/7/2014The food is unexpectedly delicious for being completely vegan. Portions too small and prices are high. Service a little spotty. We had sat down for almost an hour and nothing was brought to our table until we asked. But manager kind enough to put drinks on the house. We'll be back though we are not vegan.Special Features:
- 1st time at Sunn2healthDined on 7/5/2014I brought a friend for his 1st time...not sure he was impressed....Special Features:
- Healthy Delicious Food!marsha831Dined on 7/4/2014We made multiple visits. Exceptional food and a vibrant staff. Fig pizza with balsamic was great. The curry was world class. Risotto was creamy and comforting. Loved the tacos and kale salad with everything but the kitchen sink. Exceptional juices and smoothies to die for. The new location is light, airy and the colors, wood and furniture complement the cuisine. Josia was the perfect server - funny, bright, attentive and knowledgeable. Got the job done with grace and anticipated our needs. Again, exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Always!Sasha36Dined on 7/2/2014This is my absolute favorite place! The service is always consistent - some of the best staff is LA. The food is divine - there aren't words for how good it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationswouldlov2sitdownDined on 7/2/2014Yes we had reservations, but the staff seemed confused, there was not a table ready, and they kept asking if we had reservations, i.e.... do you have reservation before we got in the door, after we were inside ask three times, host looked in the book, confirmed party of three, then ask if we had a reservation??. Anyway there was no table waiting for us we followed the host through the place as he looked for a table, when one was readwe went to sit down and the manager came over and stopped us from sitting down, he then proceesed to sit down adjust the table legs with the napkins from the table, and then insted of removing himself quickly, he stayed seated and rearanged everything on the table to his liking, this was very strange to watchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet veganNewveganDined on 6/26/2014What a wonderful find! Excellent food, great service. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFood2Dine4Dined on 6/22/2014very excellent Vegan Food. My son drives 20 miles to get their Kale Shake, now I know why. Can't wait to return. It was a bit noisy but they are moving to a bigger place and i wish them loads of success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy GourmetLizzieDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant serves the most delicious vegan food! The service is always excellent. It is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Whether I'm meeting a friend for lunch or it's a special occasion for dinner, this is the place we choose. And on a hot summer afternoon, nothing beats swinging by and getting their Kale Shake to go!Special Features:
- RaespringVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great raw food options. The Raw nachos and lettuce leaf tacos are delicious....Not to mention the shakes!