Sun Ray Grill - New Orleans
1051 Annunciation St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Sun Ray Grill - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sunraygrill.com/
- Phone: 5045660021
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International, Creole
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Calamia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We offer both onsite banquet and reception style catering or offsite events from office lunches to private events.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room and private areas for banquets, cocktail parties or rehersal dinners. Three bars on site.
- Private Party Contact: Dana 5048841405
- Entertainment: 500 Gallon Saltwater Tank.
A word from Sun Ray Grill - New Orleans
Sun Ray Grill has been serving New Orleans since 1996. We aim to provide our guests with warm and attentive service and unforgetable food. The menu offers a passport to a unique cuisine blending international flavor with local sensibility. The appetizer menu is vast with many savory small plate samplings. Salads are bold and elegant, and sourced for local ingredients. Fish and seafood are expertly prepared in unique ways. A full bar and sushi bar operate inside the restaurant offering another variety of choices for our valued customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sun Ray Grill - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
- Awful ServiceStayAwayVIPDined on 5/18/2013The waitress was terrible. She was not helpful and the order took forever to get to us, first with the drinks and later with the food.
- Everything was good, but itCatherineDined on 5/12/2013Everything was good, but it took awhile just to get our drinks and I mean awhile, sunray was empty by the time we ate in there, the redfish dish of us got it out of 20, don't get it noone like itI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value mealNOLAgirl1Dined on 4/18/2013Great cocktails. Guacamole is fabulous. Portions are generous.Special Features:
- Best place we ate during ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013Best place we ate during our whole trip to New Orleans. Great food Great service. Will definitely be returning on our next trip!Special Features:
- Was in NOLA for a large convention.KidDocDMCVIPDined on 3/3/2013Was in NOLA for a large convention. This place was in the opposite direction that most of the crowd was going, so still had open tables at 7:30pm. I went with a friend, and both our meals were really good. I had the Fish+Shrimp+Cheesy Grits and it was flavorful, and filling. My friend had the Thai BBQ Chicken and said it was also tender and rich in flavor.Special Features:
- Great selection/easy FREE parking.NOLAFoodieDined on 2/19/2013One if my favorite downtown lunch spots with clients. Great selection and lots if easy free parking.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great food, excellent, friendly service. Didn't give it 5 stars because I don't believe in it.Special Features:
- Great Grill near Natl WWII Museummy2cents4diningDined on 2/4/2013Flew into N.O. for Super Bowl from San Francisco. Delighted! Great for visitors to the National WWII Museum just a few blocks away (it far outpaces the restaurant in the museum at which we ate as well), or those who want to have a nice meal before getting on a refurbished street car that will travel through the lovely Garden District. The neighborhood is funky, but it seems like one of those "artsy/trendy" type areas in town. The service was excellent, the food fresh & delicious, prices reasonable, and ambiance open and artsy. Cool tropi-fish tank! We went for lunch and didn't drink any wine, so we cannot comment on the dinner/vino scene. The owner came by our table to ensure everything was terrific and we were happy to report that it was.Special Features:
- Food was good, server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013Food was good, server was very friendly. The only issue was they did not have our reservation. The server stated they do not get the Open Table reservations unless they go in and check then add to their books. Luckily, the had room for our party of 10.
- Lunch would have been a betterLolliVIPDined on 12/21/2012Lunch would have been a better meal, I think. They were out of 3 food items that we wanted. Food was ok, just not as I expected.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in NOLA!iliketopreachDined on 10/4/2012Best restaurant in NOLA, hands down. Terrific menu variety. Very fresh. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- It's fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2012The place has been mostly empty every time we go. The food is fine; we go here because I can get tacos and my husband can get sushi in the same restaurant. That's pretty much the only reason we'll go here, is when we can't agree on Mexican or sushi!!!Special Features:
- Did not get credit for dining on 6-HarryTVIPDined on 7/14/2012Still attempting to get the credit for dining at this restaurant from June 23, 2012. The owner of the restaurant informed me he reported my attendance on that day. May I have the credit please. I see no way to contact anyone at your businessa but this so I am again writing in the review area to try to get someone to listen.Please!Harry S. Tervalon, Jr.
- Problem receiving pointsHarryTVIPDined on 6/30/2012I really like this place and go quite often. But I would truly also love to get my points from my June 23, 2012 visit. On the Open Table web site it is still listed as 0 points. I have also reported this to management at the restaurant. I visited on June 30, 2012 and those points have already been credited. Please advise.
- Art & Fabulous Food VarietyScarlettDined on 6/26/2012Finally made it back to one of my most favorite places. I'm an orig. Westbank Patron from Dana's beginning in the 1990's. Love all the menu progression, but still had to have an order of Coconut Rice TO GO before leaving town again. My 24yr old son had a Multi Sushi Roll Plate;loved it. My 11yr old daughter had the cheese quesadilla & cleaned her plate. I had the Shrimp,Crab&Olive Pasta(outstanding)(w/a caesar salad); shared appetizer Grilled Pita Bread w/Sicilian Olive Compound Butter (if you love garlic, this butter is a Must to start your meal). My 11yr old couldn't get enough. Noise level extremely HIGH as a Lrg group event being catered in 2/3's of the venue. Food well worth the inconvenient roar on our Thursday evening.Special Features:
- I thought the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2012I thought the food was very good and the service was excellent. Friendly and honest.Special Features:
- A good place off the beaten trackcathdavVIPDined on 5/27/2012This was close to the WWII Museum and a good find. It was afternoon after lunch time so the restaurant was empty but really good.Special Features:
- We arrived early and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012We arrived early and were made to feel welcome. We enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Three of us had a nice casualrcote75VIPDined on 5/16/2012Three of us had a nice casual dinner at Sun Ray. Two ordered the special tenderloin filet and both thought it was outstanding. One had the burger which was cooked to order and good. Margaritas as always were nice.Special Features:
- One of my local favorites!nolafoodieDined on 5/13/2012We were greated with a big smile and welcome and seated immediately. The service was great, the atmosphere was great and the food was fabulous. We had a variety of drinks and they were all delicious as well. They met a few special requests we had with a smile. The prices are reasonable and it's great food at a great price! An overall great experience!Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our experience! Always happy to recommend Sun Ray and am never let down!Special Features:
- I made my reservation at the1NOLAgrownDined on 5/4/2012I made my reservation at the last minute on Open Table and was pleasantly surprised to get a table 15 minutes later. This was our first time at this location, we usually patronize the Westbank location, and as usual we were not disappointed. Unfortunately, I don't remember the server's name but he was really good. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. Food wasDeedeeDined on 4/30/2012Very disappointing. Food was not freshly made, and was moderately warm in the re-heating. Would not recommend.
- The fish tacos were okay butnateDined on 4/28/2012The fish tacos were okay but nothing special. The Pork Shank was overcooked but a reasonable amount of food. The drink I ordered was very short on liquor. The drink my wife ordered was too sweet.
- we eat here weekly. thereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2012we eat here weekly. there are always interesting daily specials in addtiion to the regular menu. food is consistently good. service is always friendly.Special Features:
- Tasty and Flavorful FoodHarryTVIPDined on 4/20/2012This is a chain restaurant that has a kitchen that puts out some delicacies that would rival some white linen restaurants in our City. The Goat Cheese Fritters are outstanding. Their crab cake special is one of the best I have enjoyed in New Orleans. And the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad is wonderful for lunch or dinner and is very large. The free parking across the street makes this an easy choice for good food and service in the Warehouse District of New Orleans.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantORRNVIPDined on 3/29/2012Good neighborhood restaurant with unique menu - sushi and Mexican and New Orleans-style with friendly & helpful wait staff & reasonable prices.Special Features: