Sun Dried Restaurant
2635 Sandy Plains Rd
Marietta, GA 30066Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sun Dried Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sundried.us/
- Phone: 6785406642
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sun Dried Restaurant
Sun Dried Restaurant invites you to celebrate gastronomy at its best. Our mission is to serve World Cuisine, a unique and classic blend of flavors from around the world prepared utilizing local seasonal produce and regional ingredients. Both the menu and wine list will reflect the elegance and international appeal of Chef Njike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Sun Dried Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Sun Dried Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (11)romantic (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Charming Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Hidden gem of gourmet goodness! When people begin to realize how great this restaurant is there will be a line out the door! Fresh Spices and great flavors! Buffalo Shrimp were great! The grilled pita salad wraps were fantastic as well. Very reasonably priced also!Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014If you want something different, this is for you. The menu is not extensive but what you get is delicious. Small, intimate restaurant and family owned. The staff was extremely friendly and explained the menu in detail. I had the penja blackened fish that was delicious. They took their time to make the presentation special. The chef even came out to see if everything was okay. If you are in a hurry, don't go here. This is dining at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014This restaurant is simply a hidden gem. From the greeting at the entrance to the farewell after the meal, everything was just perfect. The chef came out to speak to my daughter because it was her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, slow serviceQueenla1Dined on 8/2/2014The people working in the restaurant were interesting and extremely nice. However, the portions were small and confusing. It took an hour for our food to arrive, but by the time it got to the table I had drunk so much water I wasn't hungry anymore. The menu is very unique, but ultimately not as exciting as I had hoped.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemAdrianVIPDined on 8/2/2014My party of 4 visited during Saturday Brunch. The dishes that my table ordered all tasted ridiculously amazing that we had to re-order one of the appetizer since we couldn't get enough of it. These are the dishes that I recommend: The Beef Sliders, Buffalo Shrimp and the Steak Frites, their Mimosa was different but very good. Warning, their French Fries are of the best quality and you will finish all of them. The service is friendly and welcoming, the place is roomy, it has what looked to me like 2 bars that don't interfere with the main tables, and the decor is pleasing to look at and gives off a comforting ambiance. This is a no-brainer, I will be returning and recommend anyone in search for great food to visit Sun Dried Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to love this place, BUT ..MariettaScottVIPDined on 8/1/2014We live in the same neighborhood and hoped Sun Dried would be a bright spot for us. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. The bads far outweigh the goods. The potential is there, but the owner needs to adjust quickly or he'll find himself a failed restaurateur. The good - 1) close to home; 2) the plantains were very good. They are sauteed along with red beans and a sauce that really complemented everything else; 3) earnest and sincere service. They try hard but there was only one server and one water refiller; Sigh, now the bads - 1) their menu is NOWHERE as extensive as their website menu suggests. There were maybe 12 items total on the menu, and they were out of most of them on a Friday night! 2) food mostly unremarkable; 3) slowwwwwwwwwwww.
- phenomenal gem in our neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Ultra gourmet dishes and great prices. The Chef if from French Camaroon, and puts the most elegant spices and visual displays. We had a broiled romain salad with 100 year old balsamic and his special sauce. The signiture fish "fenche?" was unbelievable 17 spices and on a homemade bed of creamed corn. Melts in your mouth. The Kope steak was cooked with sake, salt and something else. The taste just permeated your taste buds, with very unique homemade mashed potatoes. Normally do no get a dessert. But the homemade cousecouse with a delicate homeade sweet yogart, could have been a meal in itself. Each dish was a cullinary delight in looks and taste. Highly reccomended. Cant wait to go there for there weekend brunch.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!RebeccaVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food at Sun Dried is some of the best I've ever had. Very flavorful. My husband and I enjoyed the evening and the staff was very helpful and friendly. This restaurant has a Mediterranean/European feel to it. Very laid back atmosphere, which means you need to come for dinner when you have time to enjoy the evening and not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemRay4Dined on 7/23/2014Sun Dried offers an exceptional dining experience with creative versions of some "familiar" items, along with some surprising new ones. The owner/chef personally explained menu offerings, and our party of four had a variety of different selections, all of which were deemed outstanding. The wine and spirits on offer are limited, but adequate, but what they had was good. All-in-all, a real "find" and a place providing a really satisfying alternative to other local options.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!ATLGNODined on 7/20/2014Delectable! First, Chef Alain came out and introduced himself, took the time to explain the origins of the foods (Cameroon), and also provided us with several recommendations. Our meal started with beignet haricot and bouye, compliments of the chef! We weren't expecting the beignet haricot or the bouye and had already ordered the plantains and grilled romaine heart as our appetizers. Both dishes were absolutely amazing! Our main entrees were the fish and grits, chicken and grits, and steak and grits. Everything was fresh and perfectly flavored with a nice blend of unique seasonings. The meal is slow paced but worth the wait. We'll definitely be back to this wonderful gem in Marietta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMDinerDined on 7/18/2014We were surprised to find this restaurant pretty empty. The food was delicious and very well prepared with fresh ingredients. The chef took personal care with every dish and it showed. He also came to the table to give some insight into the ingredients and preparation. Our server was very polite, and gracious, but he did not offer us a beer or glass of wine before dinner - most people would expect that. Overall, it was a treat to have such wonderful food and experience a different cuisine. Note - the cuisine is listed as "contemporary american", which is not accurate - it is more "African Fusion".Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSonnyDined on 7/3/20142nd time for my wife and I to dine here, and we were not disappointed. We will definitely be back! We love the cuisine and the flavors the chef brings out in his unusual menu items. The service here is attentive and caring. We love it!Special Features:
- Relax & great tastesRedhummerDined on 7/1/2014Great food combinations. Takes J's suggestions on what Chef has prepared for the night. West Afarican Fish is always great. If Chef has keylime pie get it. Relax and enjoy the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AND AwesomejerniegirlDined on 7/1/2014I googled "organic restaurants, Atlanta" before our recent trip there and this was one of the restaurants that came up. It was close to our business so we tried it. I cannot rave enough about it! Their "world cuisine" is truly out of this world with flavor. The chef spent time with us explaining his choices. We felt like we were his only customers! And the hostess was especially charming, too!Special Features:
- Great FoodLOVETOFineDINEVIPDined on 6/29/2014Chef personally visited our table and recommended great foodSpecial Features:
- Must try!!!dyang7878Dined on 6/27/2014This is an absolute must try for the daring palate. Fish was very fresh and exotic spices are well used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, experienced chefalandgregDined on 6/21/2014Sun Dried was very quiet on Saturday night. Chef Alain made a point to visit us when we came in and tell us his favorites. He might have been the only one working in the kitchen, however, so the food took a little while. It's a nice atmosphere, though, so if you're not in a hurry, this is a great choice. Only 1 house white and 1 red, but the red was fantastic. Paired with the steak beautifully, which makes sense because the chef is also a sommelier. Great farm to table restaurant that we'll definitely go back to. Recommended!Special Features:
- Exceptional food!! Hidden gem!F4FoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food was beyond exceptional! This is a hidden gem in East Cobb! Try the far west Africa. The flavors are amazing! The wait staff was very engaged and checked up on is often. There was bit of a delay in between meals, but the chef sent us out a couple of free dishes to sample and they were equally as good! Made it well worth the wait. The prices are very reasonable! Also try the beignets! The beans that are served with it were amazing and I don't like beans! Grilled chicken dish was also very flavorful for those that can't handle spicy food, this is the dish for you! We went back the following day and ordered some food to go and it was piping hot and just as good as if we had eaten there. We plan on making this a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, unique restaurant!SonnyDined on 5/27/2014We will definitely be back again! This was our second visit to Sun Dried. The blackened snapper dish was outstanding over a creamy corn sauce. Every item on the menu we have tried has been original and tasty. And the service has been gracious and personable. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Sun Dried Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food, slow serviceEdWhiteDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and son for Mother's Day brunch. It was a fixed sampling and all of the food was fantastic. The Eggs Benedict had a nice spicy twist to the sauce, the plantains were delicious, the Cameroon inspired beignets and beans were a delight, and the shrimp and grits were some of the best I've had. Sadly, the service was slooooowwww. It appears that it's a family operation as there were only two people on the floor, leaving tables uncleared for the duration of our stay. While traffic may be slow during the regular week, a special occasion should have been cause to bring in some more help. Was it worth the wait? Yes, but it was getting close to no.Special Features:
- Left without orderingDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Went in for Mother's Day brunch with a reservation. The place was maybe 1/3 full. When the host looked you could see he couldn't find the reservation and did not know what to do. They "parked" us in a waiting area for a while before leading us to a table. As they sat us the woman commented "it may be a little slow today because we are at capacity". Like I said, there were more empty tables than full. We saw several folks get up and walk out without eating. One told us they had been there an hour and still were waiting to place their order. We decided getting out was the best choice and left without ordering.
- Worst Restaurant Experience EverMomOf3Dined on 5/11/2014My family went to Sun Dried for Mother's Day (party of 6). We sat for 45 minutes -- no menus, no drinks, no food (after repeated requests) -- and then we left. I ended up having to prepare my OWN Mother's Day brunch since, at such late notice, it was impossible to get in somewhere else. Very disappointing. Four large-party tables (6+ people) left before we did; telling us to "cut our losses". Everyone in the restaurant business knows that Mother's Day is one of the busiest days of the year; Sun Dried only had two people covering the entire front-of-the house! It is a shame...I don't think I have ever walked out of a restaurant AFTER I had been seated. Don't waste your time!
- Worst experience everDKF195209Dined on 5/11/2014We walked in and the restaurant was hot. They didn't even have the AC running. After five minutes they brought us someone else's starter food for brunch. Not knowing this was the case we nibbled on it. 30 minutes later still not a waiter to take a drink order. They weren't bringing anything out. No food or drinks to any table. Ourselves and about six other tables of people got up and walked out. Never again. Had to go elsewhere for Mother's Day which ended up being a two hour wait.
- Lack of ServiceDineout4Dined on 5/11/2014There seemed to be some problems with service and availability of items. The staff was not able to deliver coffee and juice within 45 minutes of ordering them. At this point we paid for what we ate and left.
- LovelyMAC1Dined on 5/2/2014A hidden Jem. We could not figure out where the customer where. The restaurant is beautiful, service was great and food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchNeedcDined on 4/20/2014When we arrived there wasn't much in the brunch line, because they bring all of the dishes to you! We had a fabulous time and the food was delicious. We had scrambled eggs, omelets, beingets, bacon, muffins, french toast and they offer selections from the menu.Special Features:
- A Good ChoiceMariettaMooreVIPDined on 4/19/2014I had read the most recent Open Table reviews and found our experience to be just a good. Service was excellent, nice house wine selections and food was tasty and well prepared. A nice alternative to Seed, Common Quarters and the like. Perhaps it was because it was the Saturday night before Easter, but we were concerned the restaurant was nearly empty at 7:30. I hope they make it because we'll be back!Special Features:
- I'm obsesses with Sun Dried!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/11/2014Every bite is full of flavor! A place to go when you are not in a rush, since all food is made to order and you will want the time to enjoy it. Favorites are the Penja fish and fried plantains...and the greens, and the couscous and yogurt, and the bread pudding... We are now regulars!Special Features:
- Unique tasty foodDMN27VIPDined on 4/4/2014Very tasty, very accommodating. Definitely worth a try. Have been several times, all have been very good experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully Surprised. ....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014This is a great find. .. Great food.. Great service... Great ambience. . I love it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and uniqueCblaferVIPDined on 3/21/2014Sun dried was a unique take on african food, but not so foreign that one could not find tasty treats. The snapper was excellent as was the shrimp and grits. The plantains were amazing. The chef explained every dish.Special Features:
- Unusual menu, but loved theSonnyDined on 2/26/2014Unusual menu, but loved the food! Chef Alain checked with us twice explaining items on the menu. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disaster! Much to be learned...2littledickiebirdsDined on 2/15/2014Never, in my entire dining out experience, have I been more disappointed. Having had 6 o'clock dinner reservations for a party of seven, we were seated by the chef's wife, who then proceeded to take our drink orders. My husband's Manhattan came on the rocks, not straight up as ordered. My wine was short poured with the promise of a new bottle to be on the way. Complimentary appetizers were delivered to the table, I guess an appeasement for the dinners that were never to come, after a two hour wait. I question why, after making several inquiries, we waited so long to be served. Others who came later were. After, we all agreed it was simply to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, finally, coming to our senses, we left. So sad!Special Features:
- Just overwhelmed on valentine's daynhatlantaDined on 2/14/2014On the plus side one diner we met said the food was great when they had been there previously. However, they just didn't have the training to deal with a mostly full room. On arrival the hostess was gracious and professional. She took us to a table and was nice about re-seating us when the first table was next to a speaker. Unfortunately, that is the last attention we received from anyone working for restaurant until we had to walk out over 25 minutes later. It wasn't just us; we were the second table to walk out while we were there and by the time we left one woman was actually offering wine to a woman at another table because no one near us could get any employee's attention for drinks. Unfortunate; seemed like it had potential.
- Worst dining experience IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Worst dining experience I have ever endured. Service and food was terrible. The very few Servers that were staffed tried but they had no training or experience. I will NEVER go to this restaurant again.
- GIVE IT A CHANCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014the food was great and the atmosphere was good too. they had a blues singer that was going to all the tables and singing throughout the restaurant which was really nice. however we went on valentines for dinner and it got busy. they only had 3 front of house workers which got overwhelmed quickly. one of the boys had a panic attack and the other was in over his head. the third was a woman that obviously had experience and was trying very hard to keep it all together. it seemed like the two manager looking men did not seem to know or care about what was going on and just sat back for most of the night. overall it was disappointing but i still would like to give it another chance because the food was really good and it was V day. give it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's dinner and I took my girlfriend to Sun Dried thinking we would enjoy.a quiet romantic evening together. Instead, we literally sat at our table an hour and a half and did not receive even one single item that we ordered off the menue. We politely told the server that we were leaving. It was kind of sad really.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014Food was outstanding. Service was excellent. Grat meal from start to finish. The penja fish was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Give this place a try, it deserves your support,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS FINDOooMommyDined on 1/24/2014My son and I went for dinner. At 7pm on a Friday night, the place was very sparsely filled. Since it was our first time with Cameroon food, we had many questions for our server who tried to be helpful but was a little awkward. He asked if we would like to speak to the chef and we said yes but he came back later to say the chef was too busy and was unable to come out. We both ordered fish - one fried (Tchako), one blackened (Far West Africa). Both were delicious but the batter on the fried fish was unbelievably light and very delicious! We were also served complimentary plantains. Compared to other restaurants, I have to say the portion sizes were small. Service was a little slow but for us the wait was worth it. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding find for foodiesChrisBDined on 1/12/2014What a find for foodies or the health and taste conscious! The food was unique and prepared perfectly. I loved their spices and taste blends on standard dishes. Great prices for an excellent experience. The chef came by our table to tell us about his use of spices and preparation. Can't say enough about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.