Summit House Restaurant
2000 E Bastanchury Road
Fullerton, CA 92835Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://summithouse.com/
- Phone: (714) 671-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Plumb
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Summit House Ballroom can accomadate up to 250 guest for your Special Dream Wedding or Event. Call our Catering office for details at 714-671-3092
- Entertainment: Piano nightly
A word from Summit House Restaurant
For Centuries the English Inn has earned a great reputation for Friendly faces, cozy rooms and cheery firesides. As soon as guests come to the Inn, the charming host and hostesses run to greet them. In front of a crackling fire one can partake of good hearty fare - the tankard is always full - the spit hung with roasting beefs - and a table heaped with sweets and such. The Inn keepers of the Summit House were inspired by the custom to create a hospitable place where friends could meet to eat, drink and delight in the views of North Orange County's countryside. To one and all, welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Summit House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fullerton ›
Summit House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)scenic view (168)romantic (124)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (57)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Another celebration!mommyjoDined on 11/18/2014For a number of years, Summit House is our place to go in order to celebrate a very special occasion. This restaurant never disappoints. The ambiance, the food, the service are always impeccable. We love going to the Summit House and our memories are rich with pleasure. Thanks very much for making it so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Better AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014The food was good. The prime rib was good but the sides were great. What takes this restaurant to the next level is the service and ambiance. My wife and I received a card for our anniversary upon arrival. Dessert was also brought out on the house. We would definitely come back and recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lovely but sad menu...DisappointedDined on 11/16/2014Dined here many times (married here 20 years ago) but disappointed with the changes in the menu. Fewer choices, many long-times favorites gone, had to beg for a substitution, and kids menu was not for kids (fish & chips, grilled cheese on wheat, but no mac & cheese).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I love summit house the food is always great the ambiance is perfect lit perfectly, We will be back !Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLGLPDined on 11/14/2014We came late on Friday night to celebrate our anniversary. They seated us by the window with gorgeous night view of the city. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. The prime rib was moist, tender and delicious. We also had Chilean Sea Bass, it was soft and almost melt in our mouth. A very nice evening experience and will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE OF NORTH ORANGE COUNTY'S BEST!CousinsgroupDined on 11/12/2014My husband and I have dined at the Summit House since it opened many years ago and I've never been disappointed in a meal or its ambiance. Our 8-year old granddaughter, Samantha, enjoys eating escargot with her Papa. It's simply fine dining in Fullerton, CASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014Too bad some don't understand this is fine dining. Note to young people; leave the t-shirts and jeans at home. Denim really isn't formal wear. We hosted our daughter's wedding reception here eight years ago and Summit House will always be a special place to us.Special Features:
- Good food but can't talkBoDawgDined on 11/8/2014We went there with another couple for a birthday celebration. I was glad the food was so good, because we couldn't hear each other and had to yell if we wanted to talk. Exhausting. We were in the room with the great view but the bigger room was just as loud or louder. We ran into some friends there who sat in the other room and they said the same thing. Wish I had asked about the patio, nobody was seated out there and maybe we could have talked during our dinner and heard each other. We were disappointed and won't be going back. :(Special Features:
- Always great.gjcoburnDined on 11/8/2014We have been here many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- stancarmDined on 11/8/2014Excellent service and the prime rib is the best of any restaurant we have been to. One of my favorite restaurants in Orange County!Special Features:
- Cute Romantic GetawayCinderellaDined on 11/5/2014It's a quaint cottage sitting on top of a hill in Fullerton. The windows pan a gorgeous view of the city, although I was hoping our party would have a closer window table as requested. Otherwise, their service was great and they even presented a complimentary birthday cake for our special occasion.Special Features:
- Best Brea RestaurantJudyDined on 11/5/2014Love this restaurant and can't wait to go again. Great food, service, ambiance, etc.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGrahamDined on 11/2/2014We love the view. Food is good and consistent. Their prime rib and all the trimmings is great!Special Features:
- Prime Rib!ItsmeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Absolutely the best prime rib I've ever had! The nighttime view is very pretty as well. Highly recommend, but make reservations - it's always booked.Special Features:
- DDinerDdinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014The Summit House is always a winner! Great food and service! Both Noah and Joe are just great as servers, making you feel comfortable and not rushed. We will for sure dine with them again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're So LuckybreabudsDined on 10/31/2014As a longtime Fullerton residents, we consider Summit House as a gem on the hill. While we reserve it for special occasions, the food, service and ambiance is a luxury we appreciate and count own year after year.Special Features:
- Fell short this time... :-/yabooniVIPDined on 10/30/2014This use to be the place we would go for special occasion and it's highly regarded. This past experience just didn't meet expectations. Service was slow and we felt unattended to. Salad was drowned with dressing and cream corn need to have more corn and less cream? Quality of the prime rib is still good and consider we went on Prime Rib Thursday, it was great value for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View and foodJonathanDined on 10/29/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversay with a very nice prime rib dinner. Food was prepared to our liking. Noise level was on the high side on this particular night but was tolerable. Service was very good. Our waitress was attentive and timed her visits well to check on how we were doing. Staff gave us a signed anniversay card that was waiting at our table when we were seated. Very nice touch. We had a nice window seat of the lights of Fullerton. Thanks for making this part of our evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I'm always a sucker for prime rib so when I heard about this location, I had to give it try. Looking online, I could see the place was nearby (Fullerton) and offered delicious dining with a beautiful view. Going in, it has a very cozy, home-y feel. I booked an reservation with some girlfriends for a birthday and we had a great time with great food and nice glass of wine to go with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fabulous time!KTC2012Dined on 10/27/2014Summit House had never let me down. We have been coming here for years and everytime it is amazing! Keep up the awesome work over there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerbirthdaygalDined on 10/26/2014My boyfriend took me to Summit House for my birthday and it was the first time I had ever been there even though I have lived in Fullerton for many years. The staff was great, the ambiance was wonderful and the food was outstanding. Loved the birthday card signed by the staff and the lovely complimentary dessert with the birthday candle. The Restaurant should be on the Food Network. Fantastic experience overall !Special Features:
- celebrated 10th Wedding AnniversaryRG1433Dined on 10/25/2014We wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the Summit House, we decided to eat in the Tavern as it was more secluded, which we prefer. Noah was our server, he was awesome, knew the menu well, was very professional and friendly and took cate of us very well, he made our celebration worth the money spent! I absolutely loved the artichoke hearts and the prime rib, and the complimentary dessert was to die for, we left there well fed and quite happy. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "go-to" restaurantMobius8201Dined on 10/25/2014I've been going to this place for around 15 years. I've never had bad service or food. It's always good. Really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Summit HouseDanaDined on 10/25/2014Great Restaurant! We'll be back. Loved the service, the view and the food. Live piano music was very welcome and considerate. The musician check with us a couple of times to be sure he wasn't too loud for us since our table was right next to him.Special Features:
- Cozy Loud Living Room24kmanDined on 10/25/2014very nice place, if you like prime rib, this is the place!! next visit will try the bar area..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014IMHO, one of the best restaurants in California, maybe the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rogerwvDined on 10/23/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Everything was very clean. Beautiful view after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Hi, My husband and I dined at The Summit House for the first time last week. The service was awesome (Thanks Gladys). The food was very good. Thank you for the free birthday dessert and the birthday card signed by the staff which was a sweet surprise. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Just a few miles from the run of the mill convention restaurants, but worth the trip. Definitely coming back next tripSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent in every way. Staff is friendly, waiters very attentive, food delicious in taste and lovely in presentation. Special occasions are well celebrated. A definite place to which to return!Special Features:
- Had to see the view for myselffoodadventurerDined on 10/15/2014Wow of a view. Im so glad a made a request with my reservation to sit by the window. We had to taste the Prime rib with red wine and soups. My boyfriend and I liked everything we ate. I had the lobster bisque and he had the onion soup. It was a really unique experience. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in the areaWaycatDined on 10/15/2014Everything about this restaurant is perfect. Will not be disappointed. Recommend Recommend Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPLENDID SETTING - NICE PLACENormanDined on 10/15/2014A very busy place for lunch. Seems like a country club with several events occurring at lunch time. Food was average - ie, the Halibut did not compare favorably to other San Diego area restaurants. Wine list adequate but not exemplary. Margueritas average. Service prompt but inadequate training (forgetting bread, wine bottle cooler, water).Special Features:
- no rush, very relaxedDuffyDined on 10/15/2014My girl friends & I enjoyed our total experience. At other restaurants a party of three ladies doesn't always get the respect that all customers should have. We had wine, great food & were not rushed. we were able to catch up on all of our latest news. Our waitress was attentive & we tipped her appropriately.Special Features:
- Romantic!LineriderDined on 10/14/2014This is a great location for a celebration. It has a distinct charm that makes dining here very warm and special. The food is fantastic as is the service. It's all very first-class. They are best known for their beef, but we have had most of the entrees on their menu and have yet to find anything that wasn't amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant EVER!!!LP23Dined on 10/12/2014Got married here 11 years ago and have loved it ever since. Hubby just took me to a nice dinner no real special occasion and it was my choice. Everything was fabulous as usual. This is the best restaurant in Orange County!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treatCherokeeRoseDined on 10/12/2014This place is a gem! The service is outstanding and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went for our Anniversary and they gave us an anniversary card along with a window seat. They made us feel very special and made our night special. As always the food was excellant.Special Features:
- Great experiencefood4thoughtDined on 10/11/2014We were there for my date's birthday. Our server Marcia was impeccable and made sure we were taken care of. We started with the cheese plate to go with our wines and then filet mignon and prime rib, summit house cut, for our entree. Our food were delicious (and big portions) and cooked perfectly. The night view by the window made our experience that much better. We will be back.Special Features:
- Our special occasion placeiluv2shopVIPDined on 10/9/2014We went for our anniversary. There was an anniversary card on the table when we were seated. The prime rib was the best we have ever had. The creamed corn is especially good, and they have the recipe printed out to take home. The service was impeccable and the staff very friendly, and they made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.