Summit House Restaurant
2000 E Bastanchury Road
Fullerton, CA 92835Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://summithouse.com/
- Phone: 7146714111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Plumb
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Summit House Ballroom can accomadate up to 250 guest for your Special Dream Wedding or Event. Call our Catering office for details at 714-671-3092
- Entertainment: Piano nightly
A word from Summit House Restaurant
For Centuries the English Inn has earned a great reputation for Friendly faces, cozy rooms and cheery firesides. As soon as guests come to the Inn, the charming host and hostesses run to greet them. In front of a crackling fire one can partake of good hearty fare - the tankard is always full - the spit hung with roasting beefs - and a table heaped with sweets and such. The Inn keepers of the Summit House were inspired by the custom to create a hospitable place where friends could meet to eat, drink and delight in the views of North Orange County's countryside. To one and all, welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Summit House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fullerton ›
Summit House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)scenic view (166)romantic (115)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (22)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (4)Show More
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014My grandsons 1st Prime Rib dinner was served cold, it was replaced with one of correct temp. but had a big black hair underneath the meat. This was taken away and our bill was credited for the amount but dinner was never replaced so he left hungry, had to stop at Mcdonalds on the way home. My prime Rib dinner was ordered medium but when received it was well done. It was replaced with appropriate medium. Over all the quality of the Prime Rib was extremely poor. Another visit does not seem like something I would do.
- ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I had dined at Summit House is the past and were looking forward to celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary and Paul's birthday. We were not disappointed. We were seated immediately even though we were early for our reservation. The service was impeccable. Our server, Petra, was helpful and friendly and made our night memorable. We were not rushed. We had time to enjoy our cocktails before dinner. Our meals were outstanding. The surprise desserts and the birthday and anniversary cards signed by all of the staff topped off our night. We are already planning our next visit and will bring friends and family back to enjoy this wonderful restaurant. Great atmosphere and incredible views of OC. Thank you, Summit House!Special Features:
- Excellent, again and again!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Simply a great restaurant! Always great service and great food!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful lunchhappycamperDined on 9/23/2014I brought my elderly Mom & Dad for lunch. The food and service was excellent! Everyone seemed to bend over backward to make sure we had a good time. Will definitely be bringing friends/family back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better serviceHank21Dined on 9/22/2014Made reservations here to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect. Could not have asked for a better dining experience. The staff went above and beyond to recognize our anniversary and make our night that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We were initially excited to have our anniversary dinner at the Summit House. My parents have eaten there quite a bit. Unfortunately, our visit wasn't very good. My wife tried to order the sea bass only to be told that there wasn't any left. I ordered the 8 ounce filet mignon...the steak was tender, but tasted like charcoal...there wasn't any flavor to enjoy. Oh...and a drink I ordered but sent back after one drink because I didn't like it was still added to my bill, along with the drink I ordered to replace it. The restaurant is beautiful, but for the prices we paid we expected more.Special Features:
- Memorable dinnerAdeleDined on 9/21/2014There are not many places where we dine that we remember all about it, but at Summit House it is not easy to forget. The dining room is lovely, food delicious, waitress is always checking back with you making sure everything is perfect, and the view is wonderful. It is so calming there and we always love it when we go there. I would recommend the Summit House any time.Special Features:
- PeripateticPhoodieDined on 9/21/2014I always enjoy eating at Summit House. The ambiance is elegant yet comfortable. The view is spectacular - ask for seating near the window. Staff are well trained and enjoy their job. Staff were flexible with a requested change of seats. BDay card at our table was a pleasant surprise. Food and service are always exceptional. Artichoke appetizer was delicious with the lemon flavored sauce. The Wedge salad was perfectly sized and the dressing was amazing. Prime rib is consistent and flavorful. Horseradish cream was well balanced. The creamed spinach had a notable smoky quality that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent customerbigeaterDined on 9/19/2014We often go to Summit House for birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations. The food is invariably well prepared and the servers are friendly and efficient. A must - try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationbirthdayDined on 9/19/2014Last friday was my wife's birthday, and i took her and a few friends to your restaurant. We had an absolute wonderful experience from the valet parking to dessert. Your staff was friendly helpful and attentive. I loved the card signed by all the staff your waiter gave to my wife. What a great idea. We will vist again soon. thank youSpecial Features:
- newlyDined on 9/19/2014It was exactly what I was expecting. It was excellent.Special Features:
- the service was excellentdevdadDined on 9/17/2014Im really happy with our waitress, the food was good, not matching exactly the price. overall is a good spot for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- CelebrationspecialplaceDined on 9/10/2014Celebrated a birthday. Very nice card was on the table when we arrived. Birthday desert was awesome. The waitress was the best we have had in awhile. Would love to celebrate anything at such a lovely restaurant. Prime rib excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jm44Dined on 9/8/2014We generally celebrate our wedding anniversaries at the summit house. This nite was our 51st. I used the on line method for a reservation and it was very easy and effective. The "best wishes" card at the table was a nice touch. Unfortunately, my wife said the pork chop she ordered was not as good as she expected and was unable to finish it. Everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014This place is my favorite place for prime rib. The creamed corn is perfect. The French onion soup was delish. So was the cabbage leek soup. Exceptional service. Could not ask for anything more.Special Features:
- Much improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Noise level in main room has been my big complained for years, but on this visit we were seated in the smaller dining area and the noise level was very satisfactory. We could actually have a conversation. On my next visit I will request the same seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualhungrycatVIPDined on 9/2/2014Chose the Summit to celebrate our anniversary and were not disappointed. Superior food, service, and ambiance. The chicken was excellent and the seafood special ( sole) was exceptional. After learning it was our anniversary, our waiter, Noah, brought a small candle lit dessert that was just perfect to top off our evening.Special Features:
- BigeaterVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food and atmosphere was great, but the portion size of the main entree appeared to be small with respect for the price paid. For example, for the price paid for the prime rib I and my date had, we could have gone to Gulliver's restaurant in Irvine which gives a larger portion sizes of prime rib entrees for the same prices.Special Features:
- NoisyJazzbuffDined on 8/30/2014The only complaint is the noise level. Six people at the table on the main floor. Talking to three after the dinner mentioned that the noise level was so high that they could not hear the person sitting next to them. The tables were close together. Perhaps some noise reduction material on the ceilings would help.Special Features:
- Beautiful view amd ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Beautiful view, ambience, great service and loved the piano music.Special Features:
- WonderfulSandDined on 8/29/2014We celebrate our wedding anniversaries there. This was our sixth one. Food, service, view, all good. Prices are higher than before, but worth every bit of it. Will be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful for specal lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014One of the only really nice restaurants that is open for lunch. Romantic and great foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I was a first time customer, recommended to me by a friend, it was an excellent experience for my and my wife, as i was looking for a great place to take my wife on her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchBillVIPDined on 8/27/2014The Summit House is a great place for lunch. The restaurant has a lovely ambience, good service and good food all at the typical Orange County price level (i.e. high). Highly recommend as the location for a casual lunch with friends and family.Special Features:
- LovelyMerryDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 53rd anniversary there this week. We've been going there for many years for special occasions. We believe the restaurant has never faltered in their food and service over those years and has probably improved.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceAlexDined on 8/25/2014The main dining hall is expansive and sedate (upon opening for dinner). The piano playing was pleasant and unobtrusive. As the tables filled throughout the evening the sound level increased but remained at a level that allowed relaxed conversation across a broad, round table. The service was somewhat informal but efficient and professional. The wine list has been reasonably rounded out to complement the food courses offered. Of the food, the double rib pork chop stood out for preserving a flavorful tenderness within a fully cooked through meat. The English trifle dessert topped off a celebratory evening with swirls of moist, rum infused pastry separated by veins of custard and strawberries that combined into a taste delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointing...FoodieDined on 8/24/2014The service was absolutely impeccable - friendly but professional, very well timed, etc. BUT - dinner was disappointing; actually, more than a bit. The menu choices - not as varied as one might have hoped; Bloody Marys were poorly seasoned; prime rib was very fatty for that cut; creamed spinach flavorless. Yorkshire pud was fine, SH salad decent; breads tasty but poorly presented (!). On the other hand, the dessert sampler was VERY nice, a lovely treat. Recently I've been there mainly for luncheons - not for dinner in about 2 years - seems like dinner has gone downhill in that time span. Finally, the noise level was most unpleasant - rather than "energetic" I would call it "excessive" - not a great way to enjoy our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDCherokeeRoseDined on 8/23/2014The food was superb, the service exemplary. The view is a bonus, but overall, this is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spankySpankyDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner and the exceptional service. Great atmosphere for a special event and an excellent choice for a great meal and a business discussion. Probably one of the best places you can go for Prime Rib!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why?cookieDined on 8/20/2014I always question why, especially in steak houses, are the steak knives almost as sharp as the butter knives? Also, why is good warm bread served with butter that is so hard it can't be cut or spread?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to rememberoldfogeynfogeyetteDined on 8/18/2014In addition to the excellent food, great view, enjoyable ambiance and attentive service, we were treated to extra kindnesses because it was our anniversary. We received a beautiful card signed by all the staff and a lovely dessert we had not expected. This is one of the best restaurant experiences ever, particularly the prime rib and the creamed corn. We have never had better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurantBunchbeDined on 8/16/2014Great restaurant. Great food, service and food. We did have to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time before being seated, however, and it was very loud and crowded, but overall it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 for dinner/Thursday evedoreenDined on 8/14/2014The prime rib and Halibit fish were wonderful along with the oviounceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time visitRalphdiDined on 8/14/2014We were seated promptly for lunch on our visit and the staff was very friendly and courteous. Our server was excellent and helpful. Summit House met or exceeded our expectations and we were very satisfied with our experience.Special Features:
- vegetarian dishesFamily93Dined on 8/13/2014My family and friends enjoyed our evening except for one thing, no vegetarian options were available. This was very disappointing and when we asked our server all she could offer was mac and cheese and brussel sprouts with BACON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not excitingwdkatleastfourcharactersDined on 8/12/2014Service was slow. Had to ask for water. We were seated quickly. Prime Rib was a little chewy. Why does the review have to be at least fifty characters in length?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to bedissatisfiedDined on 8/9/2014The Summit House used to be stellar. Now, the food quality has gone down while the prices have gone up ($63 for the average-tasting ribeye and $48 for four small, fat-filled lamb chops). The quality of service has also taken a hit. I recommend going elsewhere.
- Return Visit was great!Lov2eatwellDined on 8/8/2014We have come to Summitt House several times and they never disappoint. Great food and service, and a great view to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place that does in disappointHUNGRYDined on 8/7/2014I am recovering from hip surgery & wanted to take a friend to lunch who had been very helpful to me. We have both been to summit house & enjoyed it so decided on that for a late lunch. It was relaxed, comfortable & just perfect for a leisurely meal. And the food was excellent, I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Food was lacking!MaxwelDined on 8/7/2014I loved the restaurant setting, and the main dining room was magnificent. Every thing was great except the food!Special Features: