Summit House Restaurant
2000 E Bastanchury Road
Fullerton, CA 92835Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://summithouse.com/
- Phone: 7146714111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Plumb
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Summit House Ballroom can accomadate up to 250 guest for your Special Dream Wedding or Event. Call our Catering office for details at 714-671-3092
- Entertainment: Piano nightly
A word from Summit House Restaurant
For Centuries the English Inn has earned a great reputation for Friendly faces, cozy rooms and cheery firesides. As soon as guests come to the Inn, the charming host and hostesses run to greet them. In front of a crackling fire one can partake of good hearty fare - the tankard is always full - the spit hung with roasting beefs - and a table heaped with sweets and such. The Inn keepers of the Summit House were inspired by the custom to create a hospitable place where friends could meet to eat, drink and delight in the views of North Orange County's countryside. To one and all, welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Summit House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fullerton ›
Summit House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)scenic view (152)romantic (109)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (30)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Always a fabulous time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014Summit House had never let me down. We have been coming here for years and everytime it is amazing! Keep up the awesome work over there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerbirthdaygalDined on 10/26/2014My boyfriend took me to Summit House for my birthday and it was the first time I had ever been there even though I have lived in Fullerton for many years. The staff was great, the ambiance was wonderful and the food was outstanding. Loved the birthday card signed by the staff and the lovely complimentary dessert with the birthday candle. The Restaurant should be on the Food Network. Fantastic experience overall !Special Features:
- celebrated 10th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the Summit House, we decided to eat in the Tavern as it was more secluded, which we prefer. Noah was our server, he was awesome, knew the menu well, was very professional and friendly and took cate of us very well, he made our celebration worth the money spent! I absolutely loved the artichoke hearts and the prime rib, and the complimentary dessert was to die for, we left there well fed and quite happy. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "go-to" restaurantMobius8201Dined on 10/25/2014I've been going to this place for around 15 years. I've never had bad service or food. It's always good. Really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Summit HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Great Restaurant! We'll be back. Loved the service, the view and the food. Live piano music was very welcome and considerate. The musician check with us a couple of times to be sure he wasn't too loud for us since our table was right next to him.Special Features:
- Cozy Loud Living Room24kmanDined on 10/25/2014very nice place, if you like prime rib, this is the place!! next visit will try the bar area..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014IMHO, one of the best restaurants in California, maybe the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rogerwvDined on 10/23/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Everything was very clean. Beautiful view after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Hi, My husband and I dined at The Summit House for the first time last week. The service was awesome (Thanks Gladys). The food was very good. Thank you for the free birthday dessert and the birthday card signed by the staff which was a sweet surprise. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Just a few miles from the run of the mill convention restaurants, but worth the trip. Definitely coming back next tripSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent in every way. Staff is friendly, waiters very attentive, food delicious in taste and lovely in presentation. Special occasions are well celebrated. A definite place to which to return!Special Features:
- Had to see the view for myselffoodadventurerDined on 10/15/2014Wow of a view. Im so glad a made a request with my reservation to sit by the window. We had to taste the Prime rib with red wine and soups. My boyfriend and I liked everything we ate. I had the lobster bisque and he had the onion soup. It was a really unique experience. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in the areaWaycatDined on 10/15/2014Everything about this restaurant is perfect. Will not be disappointed. Recommend Recommend Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPLENDID SETTING - NICE PLACENormanDined on 10/15/2014A very busy place for lunch. Seems like a country club with several events occurring at lunch time. Food was average - ie, the Halibut did not compare favorably to other San Diego area restaurants. Wine list adequate but not exemplary. Margueritas average. Service prompt but inadequate training (forgetting bread, wine bottle cooler, water).Special Features:
- no rush, very relaxedDuffyDined on 10/15/2014My girl friends & I enjoyed our total experience. At other restaurants a party of three ladies doesn't always get the respect that all customers should have. We had wine, great food & were not rushed. we were able to catch up on all of our latest news. Our waitress was attentive & we tipped her appropriately.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant EVER!!!LP23Dined on 10/12/2014Got married here 11 years ago and have loved it ever since. Hubby just took me to a nice dinner no real special occasion and it was my choice. Everything was fabulous as usual. This is the best restaurant in Orange County!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treatCherokeeRoseDined on 10/12/2014This place is a gem! The service is outstanding and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went for our Anniversary and they gave us an anniversary card along with a window seat. They made us feel very special and made our night special. As always the food was excellant.Special Features:
- Great experiencefood4thoughtDined on 10/11/2014We were there for my date's birthday. Our server Marcia was impeccable and made sure we were taken care of. We started with the cheese plate to go with our wines and then filet mignon and prime rib, summit house cut, for our entree. Our food were delicious (and big portions) and cooked perfectly. The night view by the window made our experience that much better. We will be back.Special Features:
- Our special occasion placeiluv2shopVIPDined on 10/9/2014We went for our anniversary. There was an anniversary card on the table when we were seated. The prime rib was the best we have ever had. The creamed corn is especially good, and they have the recipe printed out to take home. The service was impeccable and the staff very friendly, and they made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!pamnterryDined on 10/1/2014We always enjoyed the Summit House, and our last visit did not disappoint. It was the first time for our two friends and it was a special occasion. They really enjoyed the food, the ambiance and our server was fun and well spoken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The Summit House is a neighborhood gem. It was close to home but felt like a really nice place where couples could feel secluded from their everyday life. The food was really good, but the service was outstanding. There were families, larger groups and groups of couples. The food selection was very nice, and we are not wine drinkers by any means, so I cannot really comment on that. But overall, I would go there again in a heartbeat with the wife and like it. BTW, the view by the window was fabulous at night!!!!!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014My grandsons 1st Prime Rib dinner was served cold, it was replaced with one of correct temp. but had a big black hair underneath the meat. This was taken away and our bill was credited for the amount but dinner was never replaced so he left hungry, had to stop at Mcdonalds on the way home. My prime Rib dinner was ordered medium but when received it was well done. It was replaced with appropriate medium. Over all the quality of the Prime Rib was extremely poor. Another visit does not seem like something I would do.
- ImpeccableRickyTonyDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I had dined at Summit House is the past and were looking forward to celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary and Paul's birthday. We were not disappointed. We were seated immediately even though we were early for our reservation. The service was impeccable. Our server, Petra, was helpful and friendly and made our night memorable. We were not rushed. We had time to enjoy our cocktails before dinner. Our meals were outstanding. The surprise desserts and the birthday and anniversary cards signed by all of the staff topped off our night. We are already planning our next visit and will bring friends and family back to enjoy this wonderful restaurant. Great atmosphere and incredible views of OC. Thank you, Summit House!Special Features:
- Excellent, again and again!RobertDined on 9/26/2014Simply a great restaurant! Always great service and great food!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful lunchhappycamperDined on 9/23/2014I brought my elderly Mom & Dad for lunch. The food and service was excellent! Everyone seemed to bend over backward to make sure we had a good time. Will definitely be bringing friends/family back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better serviceHank21Dined on 9/22/2014Made reservations here to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect. Could not have asked for a better dining experience. The staff went above and beyond to recognize our anniversary and make our night that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We were initially excited to have our anniversary dinner at the Summit House. My parents have eaten there quite a bit. Unfortunately, our visit wasn't very good. My wife tried to order the sea bass only to be told that there wasn't any left. I ordered the 8 ounce filet mignon...the steak was tender, but tasted like charcoal...there wasn't any flavor to enjoy. Oh...and a drink I ordered but sent back after one drink because I didn't like it was still added to my bill, along with the drink I ordered to replace it. The restaurant is beautiful, but for the prices we paid we expected more.Special Features:
- Memorable dinnerAdeleDined on 9/21/2014There are not many places where we dine that we remember all about it, but at Summit House it is not easy to forget. The dining room is lovely, food delicious, waitress is always checking back with you making sure everything is perfect, and the view is wonderful. It is so calming there and we always love it when we go there. I would recommend the Summit House any time.Special Features:
- PeripateticPhoodieDined on 9/21/2014I always enjoy eating at Summit House. The ambiance is elegant yet comfortable. The view is spectacular - ask for seating near the window. Staff are well trained and enjoy their job. Staff were flexible with a requested change of seats. BDay card at our table was a pleasant surprise. Food and service are always exceptional. Artichoke appetizer was delicious with the lemon flavored sauce. The Wedge salad was perfectly sized and the dressing was amazing. Prime rib is consistent and flavorful. Horseradish cream was well balanced. The creamed spinach had a notable smoky quality that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent customerbigeaterDined on 9/19/2014We often go to Summit House for birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations. The food is invariably well prepared and the servers are friendly and efficient. A must - try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationbirthdayDined on 9/19/2014Last friday was my wife's birthday, and i took her and a few friends to your restaurant. We had an absolute wonderful experience from the valet parking to dessert. Your staff was friendly helpful and attentive. I loved the card signed by all the staff your waiter gave to my wife. What a great idea. We will vist again soon. thank youSpecial Features:
- newlyDined on 9/19/2014It was exactly what I was expecting. It was excellent.Special Features:
- the service was excellentdevdadDined on 9/17/2014Im really happy with our waitress, the food was good, not matching exactly the price. overall is a good spot for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- CelebrationspecialplaceDined on 9/10/2014Celebrated a birthday. Very nice card was on the table when we arrived. Birthday desert was awesome. The waitress was the best we have had in awhile. Would love to celebrate anything at such a lovely restaurant. Prime rib excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jm44Dined on 9/8/2014We generally celebrate our wedding anniversaries at the summit house. This nite was our 51st. I used the on line method for a reservation and it was very easy and effective. The "best wishes" card at the table was a nice touch. Unfortunately, my wife said the pork chop she ordered was not as good as she expected and was unable to finish it. Everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014This place is my favorite place for prime rib. The creamed corn is perfect. The French onion soup was delish. So was the cabbage leek soup. Exceptional service. Could not ask for anything more.Special Features:
- Much improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Noise level in main room has been my big complained for years, but on this visit we were seated in the smaller dining area and the noise level was very satisfactory. We could actually have a conversation. On my next visit I will request the same seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualhungrycatVIPDined on 9/2/2014Chose the Summit to celebrate our anniversary and were not disappointed. Superior food, service, and ambiance. The chicken was excellent and the seafood special ( sole) was exceptional. After learning it was our anniversary, our waiter, Noah, brought a small candle lit dessert that was just perfect to top off our evening.Special Features:
- BigeaterVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food and atmosphere was great, but the portion size of the main entree appeared to be small with respect for the price paid. For example, for the price paid for the prime rib I and my date had, we could have gone to Gulliver's restaurant in Irvine which gives a larger portion sizes of prime rib entrees for the same prices.Special Features: