Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd
Enumclaw, WA 98022Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crystalmountainresort.com/Summer-Activities/Summit-House
- Phone: 3606633085x
- Hours of Operation:
The Summit House is open daily for lunch from 10:30 am to 4:45 pm Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 am to 7 pm Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
A word from Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
The Summit House is Washington state’s highest elevation restaurant. It is perched at the top of Crystal Mountain Resort at 6,872' and is accessed by the Mt. Rainier Gondola. The menu features local ingredients and is inspired by both Pacific Northwest and Global Alpine cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Enumclaw ›
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (181)great for lunch (115)great for outdoor dining (115)special occasion (97)romantic (54)kid-friendly (53)great for brunch (38)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (9)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great weather didn't hurt this outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Maybe the best restaurant view in the state! Good food and good service in a beautiful unique setting/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the view.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014So, let's be honest here, if you're up at the Summit House, you've just spent at least $22 on a gondola ride, if not a whole lot more on a lift ticket. Once you surrender to the cost and just remind yourself it's worth it for the view, it goes down a lot easier. The menu is varied and the food was better than average. The drinks were pricey and not generously poured, so maybe stick with the wine. Overall, the food isn't going to blow you away, but the breathtaking view makes it all worth it. If you're going in the summer, it's worth the wait to be seated outside.Special Features:
- gorgeous view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This is an amazing experience! Great food, and an Outstanding view! The staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceJAM2507Dined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 6. We were promptly seated at our reservation time. The food was very, very good. However, we had to wait a very long time for it - was nearly an hour after we were seated that our orders finally arrived! The drink orders didn't arrive very promptly either. Would've been understandable if all tables inside and on the outside patio were full, but that was not the case. There were many empty tables in both locations.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This combo of the Gondola ride and lunch at the Summit House was amazing! Fun, great food, great service, beautiful view! We have already recommended it to a lot of our friends and it's only been two days since we were there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lost its ratingyuckDined on 8/16/2014We went to the summit house two years ago and the food, service, wine list and everything that would make it a 4 star restaurant was part of the experience. This year the food was bar food at best. Wine list was awful. Wait staff was friendly and almost seemed to sense that people were disappointed. No fine dining here. 1 star at bestSpecial Features:
- Awesome65Skylark64Dined on 8/16/2014Thanks for asking me. First the view was supercalifragilistic, our waitress was very good. However the bees and flies on the inside of the windows were annoying We both had steak and fries, but the degree of cooking was mixed up mine was medium and hers medium rare, served wrong, did not discover till half way thro. Also the fries were too many and got cold ,perhaps a small scoop of rice pila would of made a more tempting meal.. The price was within my budget. Also a little more attention to why we are there, it was my 81st B/D and our 3rd year anniv, but no acknowledgement. I would recommend and have already informed many friends . Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivetrysomethingnewDined on 8/16/2014A first time for me and my husband to go, loved the gondola up, and even though the mountain was engulfed in clouds, the rest of the view lovely, friendly service and food good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The Summit House is a hidden gem. Wasn't sure what to expect, but was amazed with the service and food. Whitney made sure our group was well taken care of going above and beyond our expectations. Our food was prepared perfectly and well worth the price. Our only disappointment was with the cloud bank that blocked our view of Mt Rainier, but had it been in control of the Summit House it would have remained bright and clear.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We relly enjoyed our lunch there. Food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Well presented food and great staffDynomiteduckDined on 8/13/2014We had been given a gift certificate which we finally decided to use. The weather was cool with clouds moving in and out. We had the fish and chips which were cooked to perfection, served quickly and were delicious. Dani, our server was efficient and congenial, taking time to visit with us and making us feel very welcome. A totally enjoyable day date for my husband and myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade Lemonade OasisCulinaryDivaDined on 8/12/2014Dinner reservation cancelled by the restaurant due to thunder and lightening. Our mid-afternoon "snack' up at the restaurant the next day: decent but not fabulous except for the homemade lemonade and ginger ale. Truffle fries were greasy and limp but flavorful; the watermelon-feta salad with fresh mint a disappointment. In Greece, fresh watermelon is served as big juicy slices with big creamy chunks of goat or sheep milk feta. Period. That represents a true pairing of watermelon and feta. All the staff were warm, welcoming, helpful and worked hard to make it a pleasant experience for us. Great service made up for the lack of pizzaz for poorly done fries and salad which were way over the top pricewise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 53rd anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014we were looking for some nice new place to go. upon thinking some, I finally thought of crystal mountain and their gondola. I looked at the web site and got the phone number . then I called it up ;and talked to the most delightful gal who told ma all about it and sold me on where we should go . the forecast was for nice weather and that sealed the deal . and. the experience was very good. we thoroughly enjoyed our one day trip. my wife rates it " lovely, wonderful , could not have been better." ps the web site said it was $15 for the gondola trip for seniors, but the sign said $ 17. somebody should check into the different screens that may come up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would choose to visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Friendly service and excellent food. Loved the chipmunksSpecial Features:
- Enjoy the ride up and viewsAussie2SeattleDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful ride up to the restaurant via the gondola. The views are WOW! The food and beverages were average, nothing that sticks out as being exceptional. But it was nice to sit back, enjoy the views, have a cool drink on a hot day and spend time together as a family. The wait staff were run of their feet and hurried about in a mad dash, none of them looked pleased to be their and conveyed an air of 'oh geez more customers what a bother!'. The place can of course get away with it as its a tourist place and not reliant of returning customers and people will go just for the views/location/no other option atop the summit. We had a nice time afternoon but if the restaurant was in our neighborhood it would be a once visited place.Special Features:
- Destination lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014With an unobstructed territorial view of Mt Rainier, lunch at the Summit House was tasty and relaxed. I took my South Dakota (flatlander) Mom there for lunch and created a memorable experience for us both. Highly recommended. Go earlier to avoid the larger crowds.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful experience. A great way to show off one of the gems of Washington State to friends from out of town. The close-up view of 14,700 foot (approximate) Mt. Rainier, from the perspective being on top of Crystal Mountain (at close to 7,000 feet), is awe inspiring!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The food was much better than I expected for a restaurant at the top of a mountain. Great service. The food was similar to, but better than, Red Robin. Prices were 25 to 35% higher than "normal".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FerdinandDined on 8/10/2014Holy cow! The gondola ride, the views, the food & service spectacular. We love to wine & dine, and it is difficult for a lot of our family to go out for a few short hours and be around a lot of people when we all service our own businesses. I must say Crystal Mountain handles it beautifully, clean, showcases of blooming flower containers, safe and a lovely Summit restaurant and staff. The greeter over the top amazing job, especially for the numbers of people visiting. My husband had a reservation (strongly suggest), Lindsey & team had ice water delivered continually, hors d'oeuvre luscious, wine list included our daughters wine cellar team @ Tablas Creek (highly recommend), my brother said his beer was ice cold, food & dessert stunning!Special Features:
- Will not returnJShadDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has an amazing view!!! The food, however, is so underwhelming! My daughter ordered the fish and chips and the batter on one piece was not cooked. They replaced that piece of fish (1 of 2). Then I ordered the steak and fries. I ordered it cooked medium to medium well. It came out charred. We are talking all black and crisp. I cut into it and it was also completely well done. I sent it back too. I ordered a sandwich instead since 2 out of 4 meals were not cooked correctly. The waitress took $3 off my kids $10 meal. We spent $60 on lunch and half was not cooked correctly. VERY DISAPPOINTING! We went Sunday at 11 am. A Sunday brunch menu would have been nice. We will never go back!Special Features:
- Great view horrible foodKRKRDined on 8/10/2014The view from the too was beautiful, and definatly worth the trip up the gondola. The food was horrible. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich that tasted like it came from a school cafeteria. The fries are similar to mcdonalds. Way over priced and not worth it. I would recommend just having a drink and enjoying the view.Special Features:
- Best place to visitNewYorker1Dined on 8/9/2014Best place to visit & dinner........................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLuvtodineDined on 8/9/2014The views are amazing........ For the last 3 years we have visited the Summit House for our Anniversary. This year our experience was much less than exceptional as our previous visits were. To start the hostess spoke on the phone as several people waited to be seated. Our food arrived promptly and my salmon was cold. There was a wedding the same day and the service staff was rushing us through our meal trying to get us out of the restaurant. When you pay $$$ - $$$$ price range the last thing you expect is poor service and to be rushed through a meal.Special Features:
- Gluten Free with a view2gfgwithviewDined on 8/9/2014We had a fantastic time here. View was amazing. All staff were incredibly helpful. Food was very good. Gluten free options were marked on the menu. I however wanted a chicken burger so asked for the burger without the bun, I was pleasantly surprised when the waitress informed me they did have gluten free buns! We had a beautiful window seat with mountain view, were not hurried and service was prompt. Would highly recommend to all.Special Features:
- Exceptional View & Great FoodPDXPeopleDined on 8/9/2014On a clear day, the only other restaurant in the Pacific NW that might be able to give this amazing of a view would be SkyCity at the Space Needle in Seattle. In addition to a great view, our food (Grilled Chix & Brie (me) and Strawberry Pear Spinach Salad (wife)) was excellent - very fresh and exactly as advertised on their menu. The price wasn't too bad, keeping in mind the location - our bill was $75 before tip for the two entrees, two drinks, and two desserts (which were awesome). I strongly suggest reservations on clear, weekend days, - on Saturday, 8/9/14 at 3pm (a clear day), wait times were 90 minutes+ for those w/o reservations. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a combo of great food & a fabulous view.Special Features:
- underwhelmingfirstdateDined on 8/8/2014After reading the menu online and seeing how unique a setting I thought this would make a memorable first date. The gondola was spectacular and the day was so clear so the setting was perfect. Our table was in a great spot able to take in how awesome the views are. We ordered coffee and when it was delivered our waitress mentioned it had grounds in it and would be happy to get another cup if that was not OK. I was shocked! After this I began to look at the general cleanliness of the the dining area. We had a couple flies in our window...Our orders came and must say after the 2 he drive and $22 per rider up the gondola I expected more. It was displayed well but the eye test did not meet the taste test. Dessert saved the day and experience!Special Features:
- Love the Summit!!!LUVDINEDined on 8/8/2014My husband made reservation for us to go to the summit house on our 17th wedding anniversary. The gondola ride up was so cool and the people working at the restaurant were so wonderful, and let us sit outside on the patio. Food was wonderful and promptly served, had a great time all while setting right in the shadow of Mount Rainier! Would recommend this experience to anyone. Sonja ChoateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We took our niece up to the summit and stayed for lunch. A memorable meal and dining experience. My husband and I will return for the sunset dinner soon. The wait staff was most attentive and friendly. Coming from a service background I give them the highest praise. Highly recommend it!! Jack and Vicki AngusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious and the scenery breath-taking! Each of the five people in our party ordered something different for lunch, then shared and everyone agreed that the food was great! The steaks were cooked to perfection and the food was served at the proper temperature. Making a reservation is certainly recommended as the lady in front of us was told there would be a 35 minute wait; however, we had reservations and were shown to our table with a wonderful view of Mt. Rainier! A fun day trip!Special Features:
- good food and awesome view.Calvin14Dined on 8/8/2014In my opinion, it is not a establishment for children due to the items on the menu. IE grilled cheese, hot dogs or chicken strips. The Blue cheese martini was a little strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath taking viewscout637Dined on 8/8/2014Priced very well. I will definitely be back. Very good place for eating outside if weather permits. The gondola ride makes this dinning experience very unique an unmatched. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view rulesgdt1VIPDined on 8/7/2014With a glass of wine and the right company it's magnificent . The food is surprisingly goodSpecial Features:
- Great View and Fooddjt4Dined on 8/6/2014The view of Mt. Rainier is amazing and the food was outstanding too.Special Features:
- Breath taking view!BirthdayTripDined on 8/6/2014The view was awesome, the wait staff was great and the food was an 8 out of 10. A little pricey for the type of food served, but overall a great way to spend a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014A Gondra ride was expensive, but the view was sweeping! The taste at the Summit Cafe was very good. The chef is very creative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunnygirlDined on 8/6/2014Perfect place to bring out of town guests. Makes for a great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For my husbands birthday . . .realisticexpectationsDined on 8/4/2014First of all our waitress was outstanding and made our visit very enjoyable! On the food, I checked very good, only because there was no fish and chips, so I ordered a Cesar salad with chicken. There was a $6 up charge for chicken! That's a huge up charge! For service, I checked 'fair' because the second we arrived, we were 'greeted', and I'm not kidding you, the instant we walked through the door way we were told by the manager(?), that there was a 15 minute grace period and we had missed it, not made it in time, but that he would graciously allow us to be seated! I said it was just now 5pm(it was Monday the 4th, my husbands birthday). He argued with me, but said he'd allow us to be seated, WOW! Very disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crystal Mountain Summit House.MrBillOhNoooDined on 8/4/2014I took my wife there for her birthday becaue she loves Mount Rainier and there is a wonderful view of it from here. We both had the filet mignon which comes with fries (never saw that combo before) and it did not resemble any filet mignon I have ever had before. I expected a tender morsel wrapped in bacon but not this time. The taste was fair but it was tough and my mouth got tired chewing. Seriously. There was another table who came after us and were finished before we were and my wife said it was because they didn't have so spend all that time chewing their steaks. The view was fantastic and everyone was very nice. We enjoyed the gondola ride immensely.Special Features:
- Amazing View but Questionable FoodSouthernDined on 8/4/2014The cost of the ride up the mountain was pricey at $22 per person, but the view was amazing at the top. The restaurant staff was great and very friendly, however neither of our appetizers never showed up and apparently the waitress forgot to put them in. The pasta was very flavorful and excellent. The mango salsa on the salmon was great, but the salmon itself was very dry and overcooked. I got a small steak as an add on which was supposed to be cooked medium but it was very over cooked (no pink at all), dry and tough to eat. We sat in the corner by the window so we could have a romantic view of the mountains but the two windows were covered in flies. I counted over 15 at one point. The front door kept slamming shut, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.