Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd
Enumclaw, WA 98022Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crystalmountainresort.com/Summer-Activities/Summit-House
- Phone: 3606633085x
- Hours of Operation:
The Summit House is open daily for lunch from 10:30 am to 4:45 pm Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 am to 7 pm Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
A word from Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
The Summit House is Washington state’s highest elevation restaurant. It is perched at the top of Crystal Mountain Resort at 6,872' and is accessed by the Mt. Rainier Gondola. The menu features local ingredients and is inspired by both Pacific Northwest and Global Alpine cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Enumclaw ›
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (284)great for outdoor dining (192)great for lunch (185)special occasion (151)kid-friendly (77)romantic (77)good for groups (54)great for brunch (52)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (15)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great views!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Great views and good food! The bugs were very annoying! Overall, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth It!DinnerguyDined on 9/21/2014Having been reassured that the menu would not be affected by our visit on the last day, we were disappointed that this was not the case. Menu half the size. Despite being promised a window seat to celebrate my mom's birthday, we were told that this was not possible. Staff was not flexible in allowing us to combine two tables near the window even though they were not busy and many other tables were available. We then were informed that they were out of beer, except for raspberry stout. Next they informed us that they did not have Caesar salad or garden salad. My bruschetta that I settled for was soon cancelled as that was also not available. Salmon was still raw and had to be recooked. Food was tasty when finally arrived. Not coming back.Special Features:
- Wasn't too impressed...CheatedonCrystalDined on 9/21/2014Was there on the last day it was open. Luckily I made a Rez because for some ODD reason, they were turning people who did NOT have a Rez, away. Thing is, the place was MAYBE half full, if that. Our waitress was very nice, but the service was slow. We got there at about 3pm, and were being told by Staff that they were "running out of menu selctions" (menu selection was small to begin with). Got the Grilled Chicken & Brie. It was pretty bland. However, my GF absolutely LOVED the Strawberry Salad! Garlic fries were only "Ok", and lost their crisp quickly. For the price of getting up there, I really expected a better dining experience. Or at the very least, for STEAK to be on their Menu. I left feeling a bit "cheated".Special Features:
- End of season experienceaejp2013Dined on 9/21/2014We had dinner here on their last day of the season so various food options were not available. The menu is a typical lunch menu at any restaurant: salads, sandwiches, burgers, etc. The view itself is amazing and is worth a trip up. Kick back, relax and take in the stunning view of Mt Rainier as you have some nibbles, you won't be disappointed (unless it's a cloudy day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLivingOurLifeDined on 9/21/2014We were so excited to have this opportunity to enjoy a lunch - our original reservation was for late lunch (1:15), we were early to arrive on the summit and the wonderful, friendly staff were able to accommodate our early arrival.... Beautiful! Stunning! Food was exceptional!!!!! Perfect for an anniversary celebration! Highly recommend to those looking for a destination out of the norm spot. We had steamed clams and the Hikers Wrap, both were very tasty and we almost had too much food... It was a stunning day, warm, little to no breeze and about 75 degrees on the summit. So glad we found this opportunity.Special Features:
- Foodizze1Dined on 9/20/2014While the food was good and presented nicely, we were disappointed that they did not have many of the menu items. The reason they gave for this was that this was the next to the last day the restaurant would be open for the summer season. So, we were disappointed and settled for burgers, chicken sandwiches and a good rib sandwich. It would have been helpful to have the person who took our reservation to inform us of the possibility that there would be a limited menu. The wait staff handled the whole change in expectations really well and we did have a good time - who could not with Mt. Rainier as your main view!!!Special Features:
- What a viewDaveDined on 9/20/2014This is definitely a table with a view. The food was amazing and if you get the opportunity to get a table outside, I would highly recommend it. You can not get a better view of Mount Rainier on a clear day. I highly recommend having a reservation when you are going up on Crystal Mountain, because if you don't you may not get a table if you wait until you get to the top.Special Features:
- FOG in the form of clouds.enjoyTryingDined on 9/19/2014Reservations weren't really needed as there were only two other couples dining at the time. Cloudy at that elevation so we never really seen anything except the inside of the dining room. The food was good yet terribly overpriced. The service was good. The lift tickets to get to the restaurant added an additional $44 to our dinner and due to the fog/clouds we couldn't see much from the gondola. All in all I wouldn't go back. Too expensive, too far away, and no view.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014WOW! Breath-taking view (it was fabulously sunny!!), excellent food, and friendly staff! What a grand afternoon. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beveridge4Dined on 9/19/2014The restaurant was in such a beautiful setting. The portions were huge and very good. The service was wonderful. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day!Sanctum11Dined on 9/17/2014Beautiful spot with the best of everything you want in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I took my mother there for lunch to celebrate her 88th birthday, she really enjoyed the scenery, the food and the service. They wrote Happy Birthday on her dessert plate, which really pleased her. This was our second time here and we enjoyed both visits, especially this time with mom, she was so happy that we took her there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Viewjoann98367Dined on 9/15/2014Located at the top of Crystal Mountain, this lovely cabin-themed restaurant is a great way to enjoy the snow capped Washington Cascade mountain range. The server was great, the lunch delicious and the end of summer view spectacular. Suggest reservations. People were actually turned away.Special Features:
- What a view!OutandaboutDined on 9/14/2014The best thing about this dining experience was the view.....Mt. Rainier staring you down. It's a pretty penny to take the ride up in the gondola, so we thought their menu should have been more reasonable. It is NOT fine dining, but they charge as if it were. We thought the menu selections were better fit for a nice lunch. Also, when we were there, mid-September, the last seating was apparently 4:45 and we were told that the last gondola ride down was 6:00 (not really true..they wait for you!). The staff was already clearing all around us (and talking/bantering among themselves loudly) before we even got our food. Maybe we were less impressed as we had just spent the day hiking in Sunrise, with even better views of the Mountain.Special Features:
- summit houseannieDined on 9/14/20144 of 6 of us had fish and chips. Not impressed with the "special" batter and the fries were over done and chewy. Drinks are a bit pricey. Come on 20% tip for a group of 6. We knew that going in, but its a bit of a small group for that, and those at the table like to be able to tip according to our own measurement of service. Other than that it was a beautiful day and the view was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view, so-so foodTonyDDined on 9/14/2014At the top of Crystal Mountain and accessible only by gondola ($$), this restaurant has an awesome view. But $22 for a burger that was over cooked even though I asked for it "rare" was a bit much. Service was excellent. Overall, it was OK and I would recommend it for a special event or a lazy afternoon, but be prepared to drive a long way to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I loved that we celebrated our wedding anniversary here and were able to have our beloved dog at our feet. The views are amazing, Mount Rainier at sunset, with mt Adams looking on. The summit house is always a special spot for us. Great staff. I got the feeling everyone working there was truly happy to be at work and serving guests.Special Features:
- Location, location, locationSeattledeservesbetterDined on 9/13/2014You have to see it to get the complete reason why this is a great place to dine. Short walk to the restaurant from the Gondola, 100 feet. But it will take you a while because you will stop just to stare at Mt. Rainier which looms in the distance but looks close enough to touch. Good selection on the menu, and great when the food gets to your table.Special Features:
- great lunch and a good viewmanimalDined on 9/13/2014Food was super delicious and the service was great. Literally have nothing bad to say about the place. I'll go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good viewHappyCrystalDined on 9/13/2014Best view I have ever seen of the mountain! I had a fun time hanging out and taking the trails around it. Great food and great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain dining with gorgeous viewwolfgangDined on 9/10/2014Not only an unsurpassed view of Mt. Rainier but with amazingly good solid food and efficient service with a smile.Special Features:
- blondieDined on 9/8/2014Service and food were great. Only criticism was that there were many servers with nothing to do and they gathered and talked and laughed loudly.Special Features:
- MacdaddyDined on 9/7/2014Awesome scenery!!!! We had a great time celebrating our anniversary. Weather was beautiful and the food was excellent as well. Friendly waitress who did a great job!! It had been quite a few years since we had been here and we all agreed we should make it a yearly event!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing views. Good Food.AnniversaryDined on 9/7/2014The views are amazing! The food was great. The menu is a bit limited but still has some good choices. Try the buffalo shrimp!Special Features:
- AMAZING View of Rainier!fendiDined on 9/7/2014Worth the extra cost of the gondola ride up and would definitely recommend if you want to see Rainier!Special Features:
- Awesome!Bebe21Dined on 9/7/2014Wow what an amazing experiemce if you haven't been here yet. The food was delicious, service was awesome and the scenes unreal. My husband was really surprised and loved it for our 2nd Anniversary just be prepared if you sit outside it's more family seating than individual tables if you're looking for romantic but the views are so breath taking it doesn't matter anyway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mountain was stellarBeaconHillLisaVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed a fantastic afternoon at the Summit House. Food only takes a second to the view of Mt. Rainier. The sun was shining and everything was really enjoyable. My one major complaint is it cost $90 to take the gondola up to spend $300 for lunch and drinks. At least the Space Needle gives you the ride up the elevator for free if you commit to spending a pricey sum in their restaurant. We visit the Summit House as often as we can. We enjoy a great view of Mt. Ranier where we live, but this place adds the WOW factor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable view!XdinerDined on 9/7/2014Lovely view and attentive service. Marginal food was pricey and kitchen extremely slow. Try to get an outdoor table on a sunny day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was very nice the views were great everyone needs to experience it at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We had an excellent experience at your restarant. Ricky our waiter was informative, funny, very responsive to our questions and needs. Our only wish is that we could have stayed up there longer when the stars come out. So if you ever decide to put on a later program or for a group please let us know. That would be wonderful star gazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time visit just this summerSteveBDined on 9/6/2014A great place to take that special person or people. Visited twice this summer after putting it off for years. Can't wait to experience the views in winter. Out of town visitors will be very impressed.Special Features:
- view makes up for average foodwineNdineDined on 9/6/2014While the view was breathtaking, the food was really blaise and less than even remotely stellar. Meat was severely overdone and fish would have been better prepared at a local fast food fish house the only redeeming items were the cocktails! Disappointed by the food but the view is what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Outdoor ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/6/2014Definitely make reservations. Glad we did! Site does say that gondola cost separate, tho a bit surprised by how expensive the gondola was ($22 adults, $17 seniors). But the views are spectacular, especially from the outdoor/bench seating that overlooks Mount Rainier. The indoor seating has nice views the other direction, but not spectacular like the outdoor seating. Food is excellent, with a good range of American food and beverage selection. The homemade ginger ale was tasty, as were the truffle fries, the rustic tomato soup of the day. Chicken salad sandwich was excellent and would have been good as a salad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have been up there twice and each time the experience was wonderful. Our order took a little long because of the prawns(guess they were hiding!)so we were given dessert for free. The waitress was lovely and accommodating...sorry cannot remember her name- dark blonde w/ green eyes? Our orders of lunch was yummy and the tomato soup was delicious as well as my prawn sandwich! It was fun looking at the yummy orders that were served; makes one want to come back for more! If any improvement was needed, the music was a little too loud with rock n' roll style so the noise level inside was hard for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014There was a sense of being distracted which came from the our service person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatVooVooDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I went up for an early dinner expecting a nice restaurant. Nice yes but a very limited menu. I had the Crystal Burger which was very good and my wife had the eggplant. The eggplant tasted as if it was cooked on old grease. The only thing that saved it was the noodle and sauce. My wife said it was OK and not say anything but it was a definite disappointment. The service was very good and cheerful which made for a pleasant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracy Steensophia1Dined on 9/1/2014Great service, view, food and overall experience. The gondola ride added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Summit HousegoldfinchDined on 9/1/2014The gondola ride and the view are the major attractions of this restaurant. On a beautiful day the view is untouchable in all of Washington state! The Summit House operates in a challenging , remote location and yet food and service are still high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experineRegulatorDined on 8/31/2014Had a fun trip for my wife and I. Beautiful scenery and friendly people! The chipmunks was a bonus. They were so friendly that 2 of them jumped up on my lap. The food was very good and I was surprised on the proportions size. I don't think anybody leaves there hungry! I found that booking a table through your website was well worth it. We got seated right away while others that were not booked had to wait an hour and half. We defiantly coming back up there again. Thanks again LarrySpecial Features:
- Food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The Summit House was a great place to come for my wife's birthday. The food was great, and the service was even better. the only complaint that I would have is the $22 per person Gondola ride to get to the restaurant. I would think there would be some kind of discount if you had dinner reservations, say 20%. But other that that, a very enjoyable experience. Can't wait to come up earlier in the season for some hiking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.