Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd
Enumclaw, WA 98022Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crystalmountainresort.com/Summer-Activities/Summit-House
- Phone: (360) 663-3085
- Hours of Operation:
Winter operation hours are 7 days a week 10:30AM to 2:45PM, weather permitting. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your reservation to allow for ticketing, restroom break, and gondola ride up. Please wear proper footwear, as you will be transiting from the gondola to the restaurant on compact snow.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
A word from Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
The Summit House is Washington state’s highest elevation restaurant. It is perched at the top of Crystal Mountain Resort at 6,872' and is accessed by the Mt. Rainier Gondola. The menu features local ingredients and is inspired by both Pacific Northwest and Global Alpine cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Enumclaw ›
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (209)great for outdoor dining (149)great for lunch (134)special occasion (111)kid-friendly (55)romantic (52)great for brunch (39)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (12)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (7)Show More
- 45th Wedding AnniversarythreelloloDined on 8/30/2014My wife & I have been to Summit Restaurant twice previously on our anniversary. First time a little cloudy, mountain occasionally visible. Second time it was so clear we could see 'forever' as my wife said. Even though it rained this year and we could not see mountain, we did see chipmunks and the river below! Gondola a treat. We had nine in our party and each enjoyed it tremendously. Food excellent! Our two teenage grandchildren came up a few weeks ago with 'other' grandma and loved it then too. We have recommended Summit Restaurant/Gondola to many of our friends. Gave friend your number yesterday. . .hopefully he will be able to make reservations for their anniversary. Rain or shine the gondola and dining wonderful! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot with a great viewSquiggleDined on 8/30/2014Went to the Summit House after hearing the commercials about it being open in the summer. The wait staff was really considerate about my Gluten allergy. The food was very delicious and filling so much so that I probably should of just walked down the mountain to burn it off! Considering where the restaurant is located I expected it to cost more to eat there but was pleasantly surprised by the overall cost. We will return for sure in the winter for a nice lunch and ski trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetieDined on 8/27/2014Very good food, fast and friendly service. Outstanding location at the top of Crystal Mtn. Look forward to going again. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the TopExskiersDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch in the Summit House. My husband had excellent fish and chips, halibut that you don't often find, and the tartar sauce was outstanding. My Hiker's wrap was excellent also. Overall a fun experience on a beautiful sunny day. We will do it again.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Mid-week lunch reservations. Appeared to be short-staffed as we waited 45-50 min. after ordering to receive food. Server recommended "Truffle Asagio Fries" They arrived cold and hard. Coffee was luke-warm. Server's attitude came across like we were bothering her. Crab Bisque Soup was luke warm, Eggplant Pasta was not warm and my Mom's Sandwich was either cold-toasted (not browned) or the bread was stale. Overpriced. The pulled pork sandwich was the best item as it didn't matter that is was cold.Special Features:
- HstampsDined on 8/25/2014The experience was fun. Food was okay, service good and the view was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PNW spectacularjazzzy206Dined on 8/24/2014It's definitely a highly recommended experience for locals and visitors alike. Took a group of 11 adults and 2infants and a toddler up the gonadal and took the "easy" hike. They all enjoyed it, the restaurant was very accommodating, I had originally 8 in my party. Reservations are highly highly recommended, they had a 45 min wait time as I was checking in. Service was unbelievable, our sever Danny aka Danielle was very sweet and knowledgable about the menu. Overall the restaurant had a fun vibe and views from every angle. Everyone kept eye-balling the dessert tray as it was brought around to different tables, we had 4 of the strawberry puffs...delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsSeattleNewbieDined on 8/24/2014I'll admit that I didn't have high expectations for the food when I made this reservation. We had family in from out-of-town and thought it would be a unique experience to ride the gondolas up to the summit and enjoy the view of the various peaks. It turns out there was a nice selection of food to complement the spectacular views for lunch and everyone actually enjoyed his or her meal, even the adults who tend to be very particular about their food. They even commented on how good everything tasted and that they thought the menu was reasonably priced for the quantity and quality of the food served. Definitely would consider doing this again if we were in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for my wife's Birthdaybirthday2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was a great place to have lunch. I thought the views were gorgeous. The staff gave you just enough attention without being in your face all of the time. The food was great! I even took home half of my sandwich for lunch the next day. We shared a delicious chocolate volcano cake. It was very tasty. The choices on the menu were diversified. I actually had choices of very different meals. There was also a good variety in the dessert choices. The noise level was low enough where we could have a conversation at our table without speaking loudly or having to repeat what we said. It was busy but not completely full at the time we were there. We had a fabulous time and it made my wife's birthday a very special day.Special Features:
- Airedale22Dined on 8/24/2014Dining at the Summit was a special memory. After one short, very quiet gondola ride up the mountain, my husband and I both felt like we had been transported to Switzerland. We sat next to a family from Leon, France; one table over was an extended family from India, and two tables away was a family family from Asia. Their teenage son ate the tallest hamburger imaginable. After a terrific lunch, we sat in the lounge chairs and watched chip monks run across our feet. Mount Rainier was spectacular. Thank you for the wonderful service and experience.Special Features:
- Where's Brunch?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Really enjoyed the experience at Summit House with great service and food. However, we had made the reservation with the expectation of eating brunch, not realizing you only serve lunch now. This was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Mediocre FoodLindyDined on 8/23/2014We had to send back our $12 truffle fries. They were barely warm and tasted old. When they came back you cold see the oil on them and they were warmer but they still tasted old. Not much truffle flavor either. The food felt like Denny's. The descriptions were good but the actual food doesn't measure up. One person in our group liked the clams. Don't waste time on watermelon salad, quinoa salad, or steak. The steak was supposed to be a filet but they had changed to flank steak. The server was excellent and very professional. We did have good wine. We saw a giant burger go by so maybe that would be good. The view is spectacular so if you don't mind not having great food order up. If you want good food pack your own.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Since this restaurant is at the top of the gondola at Crystal Mountain Ski Resort, my expectations were actually fairly low. The food was quite good - a bit pricey, but not unexpectedly so. The service was a little harried; the waiter did not remember what drink I ordered and started to take the food to the wrong table. The view, of course, is incredible.Special Features:
- summit houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Service was wonderful. My salmon had to be sent back; was raw. They fixed the issue right away, "even the chef came out and apologized and made it right. Our waitress made sure we were satisfied and thru in a couple items for our minor issue. Main door needs to be fixed; every time it would shut it sounded like a big base on drums going offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensivecarmencsDined on 8/23/2014Steak wasn't very good,fries cold. waitress forgot our drinks and when asked about drinks she got upset will bring picnic dinner next time.
- Can't beat the view at Summit HouseWhittersonDined on 8/23/2014If you have out of town guests and want to get them out of the city, I would definitely recommend the Summit House at the Crystal Mountain Resort. They have a good variety of food and you can choose to sit indoors or outdoors - either way, you have a great view of Mount Rainier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014An excellent experience. How can you beat eating while facing one of the most fantastic mountain views on earth? The weather was perfect for an outdoor meal. Inside would have been okay had the weather turned bad though. Food was good and fairly priced. Service was great. Recommended for anyone for a special occasion. The price of the gondola ticket makes it a bit of a pricey meal experience, but as an afternoon excursion for great sightseeing, plus something to eat during, it was well worth it.Special Features:
- The SummitPyrolaDined on 8/23/2014Awesome views of Mt Rainer and bird eye of the surrounding peaks and valley. 75% of the seating are excellent .The ride to top Is smooth and pleasant A treat for the whole family..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it for the viewSmallwhitedogsDined on 8/23/2014You certainly pay for the view! I think it's worth it though. The food was not spectacular, but good enough. Horrible beer selection though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular viewnotyetaseniorcitizenDined on 8/22/2014Read all the bad reviews just before we ready to go so was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food. Of course, the best part of this restaurant is the spectacular view. I am world-traveled and this restaurant is the best I've ever been to for views. I wish I could attach the photos taken. A fog rolled in that made the sunset even more ethereal and beautiful. Our service was prompt and friendly. I had a nice salmon entree for about $24 which I thought was reasonably priced. The gondola could be a lot cheaper = $22. What is with the high prices for these things?Special Features:
- Ready to drop bucks for dinner?Food4thoughtDined on 8/22/2014It will cost you $44 just to get up to the summit house for dinner. Something to factor in to eat there. Food was good but rushed and almost all of it came out at once. We were they to to leave about 8:30. Can't beat the view and experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventure worth waiting forfoodadventureDined on 8/22/2014The special was good. The atmosphere and view were outstanding. Fun event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a clear day, you can see forevernewchef1Dined on 8/22/2014You'd think a restaurant with a captive audience at the top of a mountain looking across at majestic Mt. Rainier would have food as an afterthought, and ridiculous prices. Not at Summit House Restaurant! Very good food, especially if you combine a nice salad with the 4oz filet or chicken for $4 extra....about $15 total! Nice choices, reasonable prices given the location, quick and friendly service. But make a reservation if you can...the place is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious at the Summet HouseJollydinerDined on 8/22/2014Our first time visit at the Summit House Restaurant was one we will never forget. The view was fantastic; the service was excellent and the food was extremely good. Although we ate inside, there was an outside eating area that was just as good. It was a bit pricy but worth every dollar spent. You would truly cheat yourself out of an excellent experience if you did not dine at the Summit House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffWonderfulDined on 8/21/2014Super friendly staff. The salmon was prepared to perfection and the view goes whithout sayingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayluvbeingnativeDined on 8/21/2014I was entertaining a guest from NYC and wanted something different so I booked lunch at the Summit. Everything was better than I planned. Excellent experience on the gondola, excellent weather, excellent views of Mt. Rainier & Mt. Adams - an overall wonderful experience. Good food, good service. What more could I ask.Special Features:
- bevajaneDined on 8/18/2014Great weather didn't hurt this outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Maybe the best restaurant view in the state! Good food and good service in a beautiful unique setting/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 18th, 2014 Horrible FoodMaggieJimDined on 8/18/2014We had reservations at 1:00 and we were wonderfully received by your Hostess, Paula. While waiting, there were several people turned down that did not have reservations saying that they were totally booked. We met a family that flew 15 hrs from Dubai and I asked Paula if there was any way that they could be seated with us. She went well out of her way to find them and got them and we sat outside. Trust me when I say, there were plenty of spots to be filled. Serena?? Was a fabulous server!!!We ordered the fish and chips and the fish was like rubber and the Tomato basil soup was not eaten by the girls!! How embarrassing to the family of Khalid Alsubal and family.
- Arrest warrantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014My wife enjoyed her steak frites; I felt that the bruschetta was so awful -quarter-sized bits of bread,not toasted, no olive oil, more lettuce than basil - that if there were a food police it would likely be charged with being an imposter. But the ride up and the sensational view make the place somewhere I'd go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the view.islaygirlDined on 8/17/2014So, let's be honest here, if you're up at the Summit House, you've just spent at least $22 on a gondola ride, if not a whole lot more on a lift ticket. Once you surrender to the cost and just remind yourself it's worth it for the view, it goes down a lot easier. The menu is varied and the food was better than average. The drinks were pricey and not generously poured, so maybe stick with the wine. Overall, the food isn't going to blow you away, but the breathtaking view makes it all worth it. If you're going in the summer, it's worth the wait to be seated outside.Special Features:
- gorgeous view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This is an amazing experience! Great food, and an Outstanding view! The staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceJAM2507Dined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 6. We were promptly seated at our reservation time. The food was very, very good. However, we had to wait a very long time for it - was nearly an hour after we were seated that our orders finally arrived! The drink orders didn't arrive very promptly either. Would've been understandable if all tables inside and on the outside patio were full, but that was not the case. There were many empty tables in both locations.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMemorymakerDined on 8/17/2014This combo of the Gondola ride and lunch at the Summit House was amazing! Fun, great food, great service, beautiful view! We have already recommended it to a lot of our friends and it's only been two days since we were there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lost its ratingyuckDined on 8/16/2014We went to the summit house two years ago and the food, service, wine list and everything that would make it a 4 star restaurant was part of the experience. This year the food was bar food at best. Wine list was awful. Wait staff was friendly and almost seemed to sense that people were disappointed. No fine dining here. 1 star at bestSpecial Features:
- Fogged In, but good atmosphereadventresDined on 8/16/2014Of course you never know what will happen with the weather on top of a mountain, for us, it was fog. But that is ok, it gave the whole experience a mysterious feel for our romantic date. We had reservations for dinner. Quick sit down, but of course you can't always get the view, first come first serve with that. The server was really nice. The menu seemed like your typical ski resort food. They had a great special price for dinner that included the entree, appetizers and dessert. A glass of wine for both of us. I would say the food was good. If you didn't get the special dinner, I felt the dinner entree prices were expensive. The portions were fair, not to big or small. Overall the experience was great.Special Features:
- Awesome65Skylark64Dined on 8/16/2014Thanks for asking me. First the view was supercalifragilistic, our waitress was very good. However the bees and flies on the inside of the windows were annoying We both had steak and fries, but the degree of cooking was mixed up mine was medium and hers medium rare, served wrong, did not discover till half way thro. Also the fries were too many and got cold ,perhaps a small scoop of rice pila would of made a more tempting meal.. The price was within my budget. Also a little more attention to why we are there, it was my 81st B/D and our 3rd year anniv, but no acknowledgement. I would recommend and have already informed many friends . Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivetrysomethingnewDined on 8/16/2014A first time for me and my husband to go, loved the gondola up, and even though the mountain was engulfed in clouds, the rest of the view lovely, friendly service and food good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!SnowSkierDined on 8/16/2014The Summit House is a hidden gem. Wasn't sure what to expect, but was amazed with the service and food. Whitney made sure our group was well taken care of going above and beyond our expectations. Our food was prepared perfectly and well worth the price. Our only disappointment was with the cloud bank that blocked our view of Mt Rainier, but had it been in control of the Summit House it would have remained bright and clear.Special Features:
- Summit House menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014While the restaurant has discontinued the special dinner menu of past years, they still offered a couple of specials that were on par with the excellent entrees of the past. I recommend the specials for a fine dining experience since the menu is now only a basic grill selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.