Summerhill Pyramid Winery - Sunset Bistro
4870 Chute Lake Road
Kelowna, BC V1W 4M3Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Summerhill Pyramid Winery - Sunset Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.summerhill.bc.ca/Sunset-Organic-Bistro/Hours---Info
- Phone: 2507648000x3
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Wine bar Menu: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Croy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Everything from plated wine paired Winemaker’s dinners to stunning buffets for groups from 15 to 250 persons, with room for bands, DJ’s and dancing is offered. Wine and cheese receptions, or unique winery wide gourmet meal events for groups from 200 to 500! From fun, casual events to formal custom gourmet dinners, we can cater to any group or event.
- Private Party Facilities: Summerhill Pyramid Organic Winery has a selection of venues catering for all functions and budgets from 250 person weddings, corporate presentations, to private dinners for 10.
- Private Party Contact: Meg McManus 2507648000x131
- Special Events: Summerhill is the ideal location for an unforgettable wedding, convention, dinner, tour, or any special event you desire. Experience the superior service, award winning wines and gourmet cuisine of Summerhill.
We offer a wide variety of venues for your special events. There is the Summerhill Sunset Glass Room, The Sunset Veranda, The Pyramid and Vineyard Terrace, all with their own unique style.
A word from Summerhill Pyramid Winery - Sunset Bistro
Summerhill Pyramid Winery's Sunset Organic Bistro has unparalleled views of Okanagan Lake. The Bistro is the perfect venue to experience the wonderful marriage of organic food and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Summerhill Pyramid Winery - Sunset Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Summerhill Pyramid Winery - Sunset Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)great for outdoor dining (85)special occasion (56)romantic (54)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (42)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (32)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- Review for Summerhill BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our evening started out well with lovely outdoor seating to enjoy the superb view. Our reservation was for 7PM which was great for watching an incredible sunset. However, after that with only 1 measley candle on the table for 4 people we could not see very well. We requested an inside table which fortunately was avalable. Our server was very good but she alos had a table for twenty inanother part of the dining area to serve. Hence very slow service. Not a great management decision. The food was fine, but no-one had any wine. The other three tried the tasting and found nothing to their taste -either too sweet or too sharp. Two of the three are OK wine enthusiasts. I would recommend the Bistro for lunch this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the stop.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed the view while dining a fantastic lunch! The wine selection was great. The service was attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer hill is a great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014I really enjoyed summer hill. The good was fantastic and the service in terms of knowledge and personality was also quite good. However, there were unfortunately a few children who were crying and acting up which disrupted our meal. From my perspective a winery is not a place for children. In addition the spacing between courses was quite long especially the dessert course. However the exceptional food quickly made me over look that. Overall I recommend summer hill as a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take a girl!BrockallyDined on 9/7/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated her birthday here, it was great!! We are seriously considering moving to the neighborhood, what a perfect place.Special Features:
- Thank you to Good FriendsGudFrendsDined on 9/7/2014We were visiting from Burnaby and took our good friends out to dinner and they live not far from your restaurant/winery. My friend recommended the Gewurztraminer and it is fabulous! Very smooth, lovely hint of fruit, so nice on the palate. Had the Vegetarian Coconut Curry over Quinoa and loved it! I am not a quinoa fan but THIS dish I loved! It was a lovely night and we didn't feel rushed in any way........enjoyed the whole meal experience. Would come again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DebMcCraeDined on 8/31/2014The brunch we had was outstanding, and the service was first class. The only problem we had was, we made our reservation for 1015, as the site said that they started Brunch at 1000. When we arrived we found out that the didn't open til 1100. We were very fortunate that the restaurant had room for us at 1100. And we had a lovely table overlooking the lake. The Brunch was so good. I loved the Beans, which was actually a chicken chili, and am waiting for the Chef to email me the recipe. We live 4 hours away and we will definitely make the trip and have a meal there again!Special Features:
- Great View of the LakeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our go-to restaurants when we have out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but too fastWhatIThinkDined on 8/28/2014Had our anniversary dinner here. I really can't complain about the meal itself as it was prepared and presented very well, though a bit sparse. My only real complaint was that it all happened so quickly. When you are paying that kind of money for your food, you would expect it to be more of an expreience. We were in and out of there in just over an hour.Special Features:
- Online ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014My confirmed online reservation was not there. What is the point of booking online?Special Features:
- Great setting/ food, but be patientwestsidefoodiesDined on 8/24/2014Ambiance was amazing, summer evening overlooking the lake... service was acceptable but the wait for our entrees was unacceptable -- over an hour. Annoying for our guests who were rather hungry, we remained patient but that long a wait for your food is ridiculous. My pork chop entree was very nice, perfectly seasoned and cooked...Special Features:
- Disappointing.HappydinerDined on 8/24/2014I am very hesitant to go back to Summerhill Winery for another meal. The last three times I have been to the restaurant, the food quality has been average at best. It saddens me, as I love the atmosphere and view. We love to dine out so will seek the many other fine restaurants / wineries Kelowna has to offer. No complaints about the wine and service, both are great.
- Sunset blissFoodie1Dined on 8/23/2014For incredible sunset views of the valley and expertly sourced and prepared food, you must visit Summerhill's Sunset Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seasonal foodDinedivaDined on 8/22/2014A true seasonal food restaurant. Duck and pork chop dinners were great. Service was great. The server paid good attention to my wheat allergy and my friend's picky food requests. The winery's own rosé sparkling wine with added local raspberry liquor was fantastic. I would go back again and recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experienceNortherngreekDined on 8/19/2014Food was great, not excellent. Wine list is not extensive, but a few good choices. Service is slow, not well organized. We were lucky we had a hard working waitress. Overall we were happy and enjoyed our dinner, we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Okanagan viewJeromeDined on 8/17/2014We have had dinner there around 8:45pm, mid August. We were sitting on the patio with an amazing view on the Okanagan lake at sunset. It's a winery and a good one, so there wine list full of choices to pair with the food. The food is also great, the meat was perfectly cooked, If you take only a main course the portion might be a bit small, but with a desert (Key lime pie) I was full :)Special Features:
- Afternoon Delight...ChrisasaurusDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed a mid afternoon lunch with perfect weather, wonderful food, great service and a bottle of wine that fit the moment like a glove. Followed by a tour and tasting of a truly interesting winery that I have not seen before myself. Oh and there's a pyramid. I look forward to bringing new friends back for a visit and to try my more items on the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014I actually had a Pinot Gris that the server said was earthy it was more like slate, with granite overtones how they could sell it was beyond me.Special Features:
- Great food great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Great for a special occasion or for taking out of town visitors! Food was great, and the server was attentive and helpful in choosing menu items. The view is awesome though the one drawback is if you go too early, the setting sun shines in your face and you have to draw the patio blinds down, which obstruct the view (at least while you are at the table). The menu wasn't kid-friendly per se, and we didn't take our toddlers but did see other children, so presumably it is in fact kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKtowneatswellDined on 8/8/2014We have been here several times. Their menu is as local and organic as you can get. Our server was excellent and very attentive. Food was very good and so was the merlot! The view is one of the best in the valley. We live nearby and will continue to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noallergyworriesDined on 8/6/2014Fish was overcooked- wine servings were very small- not as good as previous visitSpecial Features:
- Very good foodNojoDined on 8/4/2014Food was very good and hot at the table the view of the area was very nice and the service was great would come back for another vistSpecial Features:
- SH AugSH1111Dined on 8/4/2014was fortunate to have a server we've had several times before and she remembered us, even though one of us comes once a year only. I know your food is organically, biodynamically grown and I spread the word. It is always a treat to eat at Summerhill. And Summerhill wines are the best. Period. Thanks SummerhillSpecial Features:
- Mediocre setting, food just OKGigiDined on 8/3/2014Disappointing setting, the tables are bare and sticky, we had a view of an old banged-up tank off the deck. Kitchen not at all flexible about food prep. Yes you have a view of the lake (over many feet of farm implements, etc), but on a warm day, the outdoor terrace is stifling, there is no air movement (ceiling fans would go a long way to making this a better experience). Lots and lots of kids eating with their parents, on our day they were well-behaved. Service was fine but hardly superior enough to justify the prices. We were surprised people had recommended it so strongly, we had far better meals in Kelowna.Special Features:
- great scenaryrider1Dined on 8/1/2014Great for outdoor dining, overseing the Okanagan lake, beautiful scenery. Great food.Special Features:
- surprisedDarkimDined on 8/1/2014We we were pleasantly surprised. We have been to the restaurant a few times in the past and we're left unimpressed. On our last visit we found the food exceptional albeit the portions a bit small. Ceiling fans would help cool the warm nights on the deckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014it was a beautiful hot evening we had a 7pm reservation. great views except the sun blazing in our faces at that time of day, wine was perfect the food was good but i was hoping for outstanding. we will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 7/31/2014Unfortunately the menu for our 3.30 pm reservation was really limited just to find out that table which came 15 after us had access to full dinner menu, that was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Another delicious meal!AngieDined on 7/28/2014We have lunch here every time we are in Kelowna - it is my favorite winery restaurant. This time we were underwhelmed by the menu and had a hard time deciding what to have. We ended up ordering the Bistro salad and 2 pizzas, as well as the Steelhead trout with soba noodles and everything was delicious! Good food, good wine and the amazing view - what more could you ask for?!?Special Features:
- noallergyworriesDined on 7/28/2014Great food- no problems with allergies to chemicals-large portions - attentive servers-beautiful scenery .They need to clone your restaurant so everyone can have access to such flavorful real foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Front receptionist has cold face . Feels like we are not welcomed. The server is good. Food is okSpecial Features:
- Reasonable lunch pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Good menu and affordable for a nice winery. Great views. Not particularly quiet because of all the tourists stopping by the wine room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedTravelgirl57Dined on 7/23/2014Went for a special occassion with a girlfriend for an early dinner and everything was very good. I have had not the greatest experience in previous years. Very inconsistent. Things seem to be running very smoothly now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDinner4twoDined on 7/19/2014Although there was a decent amount of time between ordering and delivery of food to the table it was an incredible experience. The food itself was very good; however, there was a small let down as the steaks were on-par with other restaurants (Cactus Club or Joey Kelowna). The service was outstanding and made the night something special as it allowed my girlfriend and I to truly relax and simply spend time with one another. If you are looking for a relaxing place with great service, great food, and an unforgettable view, this is the place to be.Special Features:
- YogiDined on 7/19/2014There seemed to be a lot of staff but no urgency in waiting on us. Lots of tables empty. Our guests had arrived and were seated but we stood in line they didn't seem to know we were at the same table even though we had reservations. Way to windy. We asked our waitress to lower the blind as the sun was blinding. She said no. One of our food items was under cooked. The fries were still white. Way to much dressing on the salad. Quite often when you order a salad you are ordering it for the crunchiness and low calorie option. To much dressing makes it soggy. We waited a long time for our coffee after desert had been served and had to ask another server to check on it. Our waitress seemed to be trying to be cute and funny.Special Features:
- DisappointingWineryfoodieDined on 7/18/2014While visiting Kelowna we had planned two evenin at wineries with Summerhill being one of them. From the time we arrived it started off less than our expectations, the hostess was very not very pleasant even though we had made a reservation. Although our waitress was a sweet girl she was not attentive at all. It also seemed that all he servers were randomly serving tables. There was very little communication by any of the waitstaff. We waited a very long time for our meal and when it finally came it was cold and very bland. We did say something to our waitress and the manager took our entrees off the bill. Overall huge disappointment in service and food quality for such a beautiful venue and view. Would not go back.Special Features:
- A previously great restaurant...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The wholesale change to a pub style menu doesn't fit the Summerhill brand, location or level of service. In previous year's the menu changed but remained on a consistent theme (which was fantastic) of high quality nature foods. It is hard to understand the current direction of the Bistro, as a dry-fry and pie serving establishment. All that is required to make the transformation complete is the installation of a few widescreen TVs for watching sports...
- Amazing Views & FoodfoodiejunkieDined on 7/17/2014We always enjoy dining at Summerhill. What a view! Great food and wine - and lovely servers.Special Features:
- delicious!FoodFanDined on 7/16/2014Our meal at Sunset was lovely -- the view is great and the service was excellent. The food was superb and there was a great vegetarian/vegan option on the menu that was a coconut curry. We'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lotaluvDined on 7/11/2014Very enjoyable atmosphere and the food was delicious. The menu had a good variety and they were willing to substitute for make a meal gluten free.Special Features:
- Place to enjoy!BanjoDined on 7/10/2014We have enjoyed this winery and restaurant since the beginning. We have never been disappointed and always make sure it is one of the experiences everyone from out of town get to enjoy. The food, the service and the ambiance is one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.