Summer Summer Thai Eatery
5885 Hollis Street
Emeryville, CA 94608Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Summer Summer Thai Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://summersummerthai.com/
- Phone: 5106583234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call
- Private Party Facilities: We provide a private section for up to 35 guests, with communal table and bench seating.
- Private Party Contact: Nooch Chatsrinopakun (510) 658-3234
- Cross Street: Hollis St & 59th St
- Public Transit: AC transit 19 (everyday) Emery-go-round (all Hollis route on week day) Berkeley Lab shuttle
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: 1 and 2 hours free street parking space around the building can be found during lunch. Public parking at Emeryville Amtrak station is a block away. Easy street parking after 4pm and all time on weekend.
A word from Summer Summer Thai Eatery
At Summer Summer Thai Eatery, our chefs and staffs are constantly cooking up and preparing authentic Thai and other surprising new dishes inspired by our rich food culture in a laid back atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Summer Summer Thai Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Loved the food and great for dinner. Nice menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food and QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It nailed my criteria, good food and a noise level that let me visit with friends w/o competing with crowd/music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/15/2014Consistently, good food, wine, & outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Thai foodFoodloverDined on 6/22/2014The Thai food is superb - crisp sparkling flavors, fresh and the sauces are blended beautifully. The service was helpful, friendly and attentive. It was intimate and quiet although there were a lot of people in there. Our 3 person group sat next to another group, yet we weren't talking over them, nor them us. I'm immensely glad there wasn't a TV. I'd go there again in a flash the food and ambiance was so lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the more imaginative dishesVolvodadfastDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed the more imaginative dishes we had more than the usual Thai fare on the menu. The decor and atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- The following 149 reviews are from the Summer Summer Thai Eatery reviews archive.
- Great Fish and CurriesikasaurusDined on 5/11/2014Mixed sashimi appetizer was amazing, curries were all incredibly flavorful, and the sea bass my wife had was great,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014The wait staff was so flexible and kind when we wanted to move our table at a very busy time for them. The food and atmosphere are well worth the price. Great place for a birthday dinner or mother's day meal.Special Features:
- Just rightjudybugDined on 4/18/2014We had a small family dinner together---Everyone agreed the food tasted fresh, flavorful, and appealing in every way...Will keep on coming.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceCaliforniaGirlDined on 3/26/2014Food was delicious and the restaurant has good decor and nice ambiance. I was with a group from several countries (India, Israel, US) and everyone enjoyed the food. My Indian friend said his dish was very good - just the right amount of spices in his dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!fallonVIPDined on 3/19/2014The food here is excellent. There are classic Thai go-tos on the menu, and a few unique twists. Everything we tried was delicious. The restaurant was not full, but the servers seem to be a hurry. Don't come here expecting a top-notch table-side manner; do come with an appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnCroeMegaDined on 2/14/2014This place had a very nice feel to it and the music being played was well received. I loved the dimmed lighting and the layout of the small restaurant. This is definitely a place I would gladly recommend to friends and family. The food was amazing, I had the best steak I ever tasted and the food presentation was very nice. The service was quick and the servers were all in good spirits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good green choice in EmeryvillePamelaEDined on 1/18/2014I enjoyed the ambiance and food quality of Summer Summer Thai, and also appreciated that this restaurant is certified as a Bay Area Green Business.Special Features:
- Still goodQuietVIPDined on 12/13/2013We took our grandson here for the second time and he loved it. he was happy, we were happy!Special Features:
- Best Tai in TownSATisfiedDined on 12/9/2013Summer Summer has a fresh selection of grocery items from local growers which permeate the taste of each and every bite. The meals are very flavorful with a very appealing presentation. Even on these cold winter days the Summer Summer menu has the recipe to warm you up on the inside.Special Features:
- OK for office lunchEastBayAdventurerDined on 12/6/2013Summer Summer is in the recesses of Emeryville's office district, so convenient for weekday lunch. Not flavorful for Thai food, and tables too small for dinner. Not worth a trip out of your way, so just eat here if it is nearby.
- Cute spacesoyletteDined on 12/6/2013I like Summer Summer for large groups. The service there is great. If you want "Thai spicy" they won't hold back ;) The food is otherwise good, but definitely American-Thai fusion. The cocktails are a little too sweet. It's still a lovely hip looking interior to have a drink and meet up with friends.Special Features:
- fresh with thai twistLoLADined on 12/5/2013My friends and I love to grab dinner after work here. They have a great happy hour menu. The entrees always taste fresh and have a unique thai food twist. I recommend the garlic edamame and Ponza tuna. The noodle bowls are a nice portion and can be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy diningMo2dineDined on 10/26/2013We were in a bit of a hurry since we needed to catch a movie and the delicious food arrived promptly and the wait staff was courteous and friendly. We had the crispy spring rolls and Tom Yum soup to start. The soup was very spicy just like in Thailand. We also had Thai fried rice and Pad see U. Both delicious and plentiful! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Good FoodroddetiDined on 10/22/2013Small group where we ordered a variety of food and shared. Good food and service. I will certainly be back to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Good Thai food, however...SFdinerDined on 10/12/2013Altho generally a good dining experience, we were disappointed w/2 things: 1) after ordering most of our items I mentioned that we wanted some steamed veggies, in particular for our kids. Our waitress recommended something from the menu. When the dish arrived we discovered it was steamed veggie smothered in a thick peanut sauce. Not what I expected at all. One of our kids is just over 1 yr old and not eating many nuts yet. Thankfully the waitress took it back and off our bill; 2) we asked if we were still within the happy hr time zone, our waitress said "yes." My husband ordered a beer only to find that when we got our bill it was not on the happy hr list. Why didn't our waitress alert us to this after having asked about the happy hr?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerwhirlybirdDined on 10/6/2013The food was great and the drinks are fantastic! Very nice restaurant... Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thai with a flareBrianDotNetDined on 9/24/2013We ordered some untraditional Thai dishes and my roasted duck noodle was fantastic. Love it. My friend ordered Spicy salmon salad which was a great pick too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai food in East BayQuietVIPDined on 7/19/2013We love this restaurant and come here often because it has the best Thai (fusion) food in the East Bay! The place is clean -almost spiffy. The prices are reasonable and the portions more than adequate. Try it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice supriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2013Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in E'ville, not so many great places within walking distance, however, the shuttle will drop you off here. Nice surprise! GREAT dumplings and curry....I will dream about them till my next trip back here, sashimi salad was really good, interesting, fresh, just the right combination. Will definitely come back hereSpecial Features:
- Great variety & authentic dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2013This is my new favorite Thai restaurant in the East Bay. Dined here with my husband for a "date night" Saturday night dinner. Easy to get reservations. In fact, there weren't many tables around 6 pm on Saturday. Great, mellow decor. Cool music. Excellent bar and drink options. But the best is the variety of dishes. There have dishes I've only been able to find in Thailand, so it was like a trip home without the crazy plane ride! I know it's "fusion", but I also love that they offer Japanese dishes as well (sashimi-style items). Food was very good. The happy hour is fantastic and a great deal. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Thai FoodAribVIPDined on 6/16/2013Great thai food and atmosphere. Could improve on their wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2013As usual. Food was great, service was great, not too loud to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Thai FoodStevieVVIPDined on 6/13/2013Really good and fun place in the heart of Emeryville...waitresses are very nice and accommodating. Great job!
- Nice Asian-fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2013Thai-inspired, since theirs no sushi is Thailand. Still, it tastes great if you want asain-stule food. if you have a strong Thai craving, go elsewhere. Great happy hour food and drinks 5-7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be excellentQuietVIPDined on 5/31/2013It's hard to add something new when Summer Summer keeps up its excellence. My wife and I and a granddaughter each had a different salmon dish and they were all EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good veg-friendly ThaierisDined on 5/18/2013Summer Summer has been my fave Thai in the Bay Area since it opened. The Drunken Noodles are great, both vegetarian and regular versions are spot on. The meat-eaters in the group liked the Mignon and the roast pork noodles. The Roti with green curry sauce is a fun starter, as is the "Miang Kham". There's a decent selection of beers and some fun cocktails - I like the Sunburn and the tamarind one. One thing, the level of heat they bring without being asked to is a nice, pleasant heat. If you're not used to spicy, ask for mild. Of course, you can ask for spicy if you want heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2013This is one of my favorite Thai restaurants. They serve not only regular Thai dishes, but they have wonderful updated versions which I can call Thai -fusion...old thai recipes with new, modern twists that give all their dishes a wonderful look and taste. Love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice discoveryvwniVIPDined on 5/5/2013Pickings are pretty slim in Emeryville, so we were pleasantly surprised to find this gem of a restaurant. Fresh ingredients, subtle flavoring, not greasy like some Thai restaurants can be. Moderately priced and large portions. Happy hour from 5-7 daily features $5 cocktails and appetizers. Overall, we had a very good experience, and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai Food in East BayQuietVIPDined on 4/7/2013We've come here several times because of the food and location. It has gotten better each time! We now rate Summer Summer the best Thai food in the East Bay area. The presentation is elegant, the flavors delectable and service is warm and friendly. (We'd had some concern about slow service during a previous visit but this time everything was excellent.)Special Features:
- Food is delish, staff is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013Food is delish, staff is very nice but service is not there.Special Features:
- One of our favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2013Lovely, as usual. The food is excellent, the employees are extremely nice, not loud.Special Features:
- Delicious food, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Delicious food, friendly service, quiet enough to have conversations at my table. highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Delicious meal - every appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Delicious meal - every appetizer and dish was PERFECT. It was a nice celebration for my husband's birthday. We appreciated the candle in the dessert at the end. Cocktails were incredible as always. We will definitely be back, and I have recommended you to many friends!Special Features:
- When you want Thai food SummerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2013When you want Thai food Summer Summer is the best!Special Features:
- Flavorful Food to EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2013Summer Summer is a great place to catch with a friend. It's quiet enough to actually have a conversation without having to strain to hear. The food was very flavorful and yummy. Great presentation. Loved the salmon bowl. Definitely will order that one again. The Drunken Noodle is a favorite as well.Special Features: