36 Hope Lane
Dennis, MA 02638Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://summerstockrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5083858300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Seven Days a Week: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Pre Theatre $22 3 course menu if seated before 6pm
Happy Hour 1/2 priced appetizers at bar after 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Joseph Dunn II
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether it is a fundraiser under a tent, a rehearsal dinner or wedding on location at Summer Stock, or a graduation party in your home, Summer Stock can create the perfect menu for your event! See our catering menu, or contact us to have a menu created for your special event!
- Private Party Facilities: Areas of the dining room can be sectioned off for privacy, or the dining room or lounge can be reserved for your private event!
- Private Party Contact: Beverly Dunn 5083646063
- Entertainment: Summer Stock features an extensive entertainment schedule.
There is live Jazz, Steel Drums, Acoustic Duos, Funk Fusion & many more!
Check the restaurant website for listing
A word from Summer Stock
Located on the campus of the Cape Playhouse, Cape Cinema & Cape Cod Museum of Art, featuring a fresh twist on American Bistro Fare with creative cocktails and eclectic wines. The menu is diverse- there is something for everyone in your group! Start with an appetizer- Shaved Rib Eye atop Flatbread with Blue Cheese or a personal pizza- or house Seafood Chowder? Featured entrees inlcude Sea Scallops atop a roasted cipollini and bacon relish over butternut squash, Char Grilled Rib Eye with roasted vidalia onions, blackbery jam & figs over whipped potatoes, or Roasted Squash Lasagna with fresh herb, ricotta and basil drizzle. Also see the house made desserts! Visit Bar Lilly, giving nod to popular Cape Cod fashion icon Lilly Pulitzer. The Outdoor Twilight Garden has seating for cocktails. Hear Live Jazz- or piano in Bar Lilly. Opened by the owners of The Islander in Osterville & Island Merchant in Hyannis- winner of Cape Cod Magazine Best Chef 2011 & 2012 - also a Best of Boston Winner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Summer Stock reviews from OpenTable diners
- The Fall menu is more limitedNellyVIPDined on 9/7/2013The Fall menu is more limited than the Summer menu. I wish they offered more options, especially fish and seafood. Very nice service. Fish tacos were great!
- enjoyableDesigngirlDined on 8/31/2013The food was actually very good and they used local ingredients. The attention to details was lacking ie: No bread offering until asked or water. The kids menu online is not the same as what is now offered. For example, there was no Mac and Cheese but when asked the kitchen did accommodate by using an Alfredo sauce and my grandson was happy. I would definitely go back again because the food was very good.Special Features:
- Where's the waitress?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2013We were greeted and seated right away. Menus were placed on the table, and the waitress disappeared. She returned later to take drink orders, which never showed up. No rolls and butter. The restaurant was nearly empty so one of us had to head for the bar area to see where she had gone. We had to go looking for her again to see what had happened with our dinner orders. Food was okay, but obviously the very slow service has kept the patrons away.
- Awesome diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2013We were very surprised about how great this restaurant was. Food was excellent ans the service was great. Wish it was closer to our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous surprise!grandparentsVIPDined on 8/25/2013Soup, "chowdah", wedge of lettuce (big enough to split), steak, fish, veggies, and cocktails all were just right and came to us quickly. THANKS Open Table without you we would never have known about this terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not very good. ServicecjncDined on 8/24/2013Food not very good. Service mechanical - no real concern for the customer.
- Fun night outJEANNEDined on 8/23/2013An all too rare get together with friends was even more fun than usual at Summer Stock. The food, drinks and service was great. The Red Sox game was on. It was casual enough in the bar area to allow us to relax yet still seemed like a special place for a birthday celebration. We'll be back!Special Features:
- convenient to theaterscwgmdDined on 8/22/2013we dined here for convenience - close to Cape Playhouse and Cape Cinema. The restaurant is not super special but it is very good, as well as being extremely convenient.
- depressingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013Reviews were good and was surprised there was an 8pm slot open on a sun in mid august. Walked in to a sad looking restaurant. Clearly neglected. Between my wife n I we had tomato soup, shaved rib-eye on naan, and fish tacos. The soup was the best part, even though we found a dark colored chewy bit the size of raisin. The shaved rib-eye? Wasn't rib-eye and wasn't shaved. More like a sirloin steak on bread. The fish was ok, not much flavor. It was the accompanyments that I didn't touch. The watery sour cream, the stiff ball of what looked like store bought salsa, and a puree of avacado called guacamole. And to top it off it was all way overpriced. Looks like a place trying to hold on, and the quality is suffering.Special Features:
- Very disappointed!SummersuckerDined on 8/17/2013We walked in and were ignored, then had to wait way too long for every stage of the meal, including water and forks. The food was mediocre at best, The dark brown carpet and puce walls were unappetizing, and no one bothered to light any of the candles on the tables. The whole place felt like it was an afterthought with bad Feng Shui and no one gave a darn about the customers. Every time the waiter came over he apologized, but it wasn't even busy. I would never go back or recommend it to anyone. I have no idea how it's still in business. I knew it was a bad sign when we first came in at 7:15 on a Saturday night in August on Cape Cod and it was fairly empty. So I guess everyone else already knows what we were too late to discover.
- Amazing food!PeaandbooDined on 8/17/2013Love this great neighborhood jem! Real cape cod! Local farm to table fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing is everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013We have been to Summerstock several times since ownership changed. We pull for this place because it's a great location and atmosphere. The food is creative and tasty but every time we go the food comes out cold. I suspect the head chef is talented but the folks doing the actual cooking fail to time the preparation appropriately. It's too slow to blame the servers. There were five of us last weekend. Four meals were room temperature and one was hot. We will continue to go there but will likely not risk bringing guests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO disappointing I had to reviewhealthcoachmomDined on 8/15/2013This was the worst meal I've ever had on the Cape! Restaurant was empty, but service was slow. Website promised great kids' menu and butcher paper with crayons. Got not of that... kids' chicken didn't even come with fries, but rather a few limp lettuce leaves Waiter said pizza was house-made, but crust looked frozen and limp. Was completely tasteless. Grilled peaches with cajun salmon weren't grilled and not even fresh (canned) Waiter offered to charge $3 (kids' menu price) for my daughter's bowl of soup, but give her the adult portion ($4)... were charged $4. Hostess was a bit rude and seemed put out when my daughter asked for crayons. Absolutely no ambience!
- Really GreatMattVIPDined on 8/15/2013Celebration dinner for my father's 80th birthday. Everyone had a fantastic time. The food, room and service were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2013This place is a hidden gem off of Route 6A ini Dennis on Cape Cod. Decor is basic, something you would see in Martha Stewart Living magazine. Food and service is excellent. One note: Unless you know of the place or attend a play at the playhouse, you would never think to wander down the side street to find a place to eat; also signage is very small and not attached to the building, so we almost passed the place - it all goes along with the old New England Yankee feeling. This place is a must if you want excellent food without an uptight atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks, super staff.2DCapeDined on 8/6/2013We went to Summer Stock on a very quiet evening, a new play had just opened at the Playhouse and had not yet been reviewed so the theater crowd was non-existant. Appetizers ar awesome--try the crab cakes or the steak on nan bread. All 5 of our entrees were delish and beautifully presented--fish tacos were a huge hit. We'll be back-- we had two foodies and two picky eaters in the group and everyone was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WebsiteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2013The food was great. The website says very kid friendly. It is not unfriendly but more for a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sad about this experience,Msh16Dined on 8/4/2013So sad about this experience, was excited when I saw the advertised kids menu online but was not what they had when we got there, kids chicken fingers and burgers weren't even served with fries. They tried with the adult meals but was not enjoyable. We could also tell how empty it was as others must already have the opinion we now do. Even excited about drinks but didn't have ingredients to have the special ones advertised. Really?!
- A very nice experiencelocalcaperDined on 8/3/2013A clean and quiet establishment with delicious food at reasonable prices in an informal but not casual environment and plenty of space between tables. Dinner tab for party of 4 adults with 1 mixed drink each, soup or salad, entrees, and shared key lime pie, no coffee = $50 each, excluding tip. No problem getting a same-day reservation for 6:45 PM on a Saturday night in August on the Cape. That convenient availabilty shouldn't last much longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal andFun2Dined on 8/2/2013We had a wonderful meal and great experience! We were late due to traffic and had tickets to the show, our waitress was wonderful taking our orders and making sure we would get to the show on time. The food was outstanding and the wait staff excellent. A true hidden gem, try it even if you aren't attending a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2013Was able to get a reservation quite easily, and the waitstaff were friendly and helpful. Kids menu on site did not match the one on their website, however, and all the kid meals we had consisted entirely of three chicken or fish strips with a few pieces of dry lettuce on the side. Admittedly, the fish didn't appear as processed as usual, so perhaps higher quality than the usual frozen stuff. Adult entree was decent, but not sure the $10 for three small to medium-size scallops to be added was really worth it. Overall, ok if you want a quick sit down, but value wasn't great.
- The cheicken penne while notNWC1Dined on 7/28/2013The cheicken penne while not as described on the menu was very good and the steak/blue cheese/Nan starter was tasty and huge.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2013Nice place, great dinner and service. Where is everyone?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Ask for bread...notCapedineDined on 7/24/2013Good food. Ask for bread...not sure if there is an additional charge...we asked too late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the movieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Great spot for dinner after/before the movie at Cape Cinema or the theater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta get drinks and apps!MaximammaDined on 7/20/2013The fresh drink specials are amazing! And the apps are over the top! The entrees were decent but could use a little pizazz. I recommend sitting at the bar with a fresh fruit cocktail and some stellar appetizers-they will be enough for your meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre NourishmentYarmRecDined on 7/20/2013The staff was responsive and attentive. The food quality was excellent and the menu was diverse enough to address many dietary needs. The quality and depth of the preparations was great and the portion sizes were generous. We were going to a show next door and we had ample time to eat and run tot he theatre.Special Features:
- Great dining before theater!PairadocsDined on 7/20/2013Summer Stock is conveniently located within steps of the Cape Cod Playhouse and Cape Cod Cinema. Our dinner was delicious and the drinks were terrific. We had 5:30 pm reservations on a Saturday evening and had plenty of time to walk to the theater for a 7:30 performance. Our waitress was very attentive and made our evening so enjoyable. And the food....was perfect. I had the risotto and topped it with salmon - yummy!! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it .., we were celebratingYummieDined on 7/19/2013We loved it .., we were celebrating a birthday& staff we're so sweetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average....CapecodfortheweekDined on 7/18/2013Two adults, three kids dining. Menu seemed ok. Service just ok, needed reminders often. Portions were excessive, sloppy, and not flavorful. Loud interior noise. Not a great dining experience. Not sure why they advertise in Cape Cod magazine as "award winning." Will not recommend or return.
- Okay foodHelenVIPDined on 7/17/2013Food was average. The good thing is we got 1000 open table points, so it wasn't a total lost cause.
- Summer stock is a hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013Great place to go real over a meal after a day at the beach- the staff is friendly and the food was awesome. The drink menu has some great choices. They have some great options for children too. Great place to go with the family although on our way out we noticed the Lilly bar was crowded and looked fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In addition to the excellenttherevDined on 7/5/2013In addition to the excellent food and service, a prime advantage of Summer Stock for me is its location so near the Playhouse. I often go there on Fridays when I have theater tickets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot before the Play!!CAPTDined on 7/5/2013We had a delightful dinner at Summer Stock, food was yummy and the service was very good!! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Summer StockOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2013We've been to Summer Stock twice now recently (we only come to the Cape two or three times a year), and both times we had good experiences. Both times we've gone to hear jazz, which was locally produced but quite good. The fact that the food was interesting and savory was an added bonus. Everything about Summer Stock is simple but tasteful from the decor and the setting (adjacent to the Cape Cod Museum of Art in Dennis) to the attentive service to the menu itself. Clearly the people in charge of Summer Stock care about getting the little details right. By the way, if they have the BBQ pulled pork on pappardelle special when you go, get it! It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and terrible serviceECM2Dined on 6/30/2013Our server was unavailable. My drink set empty for twenty minutes. The Jazz band was extremely loud, this prevented us from having conversation at our table.
- Great change from cape fareHotdocDined on 6/29/2013Creative menu, with varied options (including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free) was perfect for our party. Reservations were much appreciated. Great spot for before or after the theater.Special Features:
- food was good but would notbobbyDined on 6/29/2013food was good but would not recommend the rib on a flatbread for one person- way too much food; crabby melon was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013The service was very slow and we had to eat hurriedly to get to our performance on time. Our waitress was very pleasant however. The food was very mediocre.
- Big ImprovementangelDined on 6/27/2013The restaurant is much better than it was last year and the year before last. The food was far better -- they must have a new chef. The noise level was much calmer and service was pleasant and efficient. I have been there 3 times in the past few weeks. Each time I brought different friends and everyone was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.