850 Providence Highway
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.summershackrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7814079955x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Madden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available. Please contact the restaurant at 781-407-9955 or email email@example.com
- Special Events: See our website at www.summershackrestaurant.com
A word from Summer Shack-Dedham
The Summer Shack is a fun, casual, restaurant. Specializing in New England Style Seafood. We offer 10 to 12 different types of oysters daily. Lobsters in varying sizes and styles including our signature clambake. Wonderful local grilled fish and crispy fried seafood. We do offer several non-seafood items as well. Steaks, burgers and award winning fried chicken. We are a children friendly restaurant and we can accommodate larger groups upon request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Summer Shack-Dedham - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Summer Shack-Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)kid-friendly (25)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (14)special occasion (9)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- 3rd time is a charmyokie123VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had previously been here 2x before and weren't impressed. Swore we would never come back. We happened to have friends in town and couldn't get resv. at another nearby popular seafood restaurant so we decided to give SS one more try. So glad we did!!! Chelsea our server was so nice and very helpful. Not overbearing, came by when she should. She explained new manager, Vinny for ~1 yr. worked really hard to fix issues (that we had obv previously experienced). Great food, great time. Only complaint is our table for 4 was too small for all the yummy food we ordered :-) If you haven't been by lately, give it another shot. Don't think you will be disappointed at all.
- Just Go to LegalMcd11Dined on 9/19/2014We were looking for a place to have dinner with some friends at a midway point and none of us had been to Summer Shack but had wanted to try. Big mistake. All four of our meals were sub-par. I had a lobster roll, which is kind of hard to ruin but for $24, they found a way. It was bland and small. My husband had the bluefish special, which ended up being lukewarm fish braised in a red sauce. One friend had the fried clams, which were so small and tasteless. The other had the swordfish special, which came with green beans but I don't think the cooks know what a green bean is because those were sugar snap peas. We will never go there again. Should have just gone to the Legal C Bar. It would've only been $1 more an entree but so much better.
- Superior Seafood!KsbyayaDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for terrific seafood this is the place to go! Fried Ipswich clams are fantastic! French fries are simple and delicious. Flounder cooked perfectly and served by a terrific waiter what more can you ask for!Special Features:
- Yummy yummy yummycfoodlvrDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant is outstanding. From starting your meal with some fresh fabulous oysters to the Pan Roasted Lobster which everyone who loves Lobster should try once, this place cannot be beat. Finish it up with some outstanding dessert and it makes for a memorable night every time. Dominic, one of the servers at this location, is one of the finest servers you will ever have the pleasure of being served by!Special Features:
- Good food, but not cheapSteveDined on 8/30/2014I have been to a few of the Summer Shacks and they all offer good seafood selections. They are sometimes unique in the combinations they offer, but for the most part they dishes are flavorful and certainly fresh. The bar side is livelier, if you are looking for that. The only other thing I would mention is that they are on the pricey side for what you get and what you might expect from a place called The Summer Shack. A recent dinner visit (just me and my teenage son) cost about $80 with tip for the two of us - and that was with no alcohol.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner at SummershackSeafoodpaloozaDined on 8/27/2014Great place for seafood. I started my meal with a half dozen cherry stones that were fresh and ice cold. I chose the bluefish over brown rice and wilted fresh greens, and topped with a pickled vegetable medley. I didn't care for the pickled vegetables as they really didn't add anything to the dish. The bluefish was not as moist as I would have liked. Service was average. Our waiter was not as knowledgeable about the menu. One of my group asked him what was in the crab cakes and he couldn't answer. He also didn't know what type of crab meat was used. Summershack is rather pricey. Right now, the wholesale price on lobsters is very reasonable but they were pricing a 1.25 lb lobster at over $30.00Special Features:
- Jasper White never disappointscheekyparrotDined on 8/24/2014First time visit and the food, service and atmosphere were great. I was sorry he closed his restaurant on the waterfront in Boston but happy to find the same quality in his Summer Shack. We think you should open one in Rhode Island. Loved the lobster potstickers.Special Features:
- fantastic meal!MarciDined on 8/22/2014The appetizers were yummy!!! fresh and interesting and totally satisfying! The entrees were cooked perfectly and good size portions. The service was outstanding - friendly and attentive but not too hovering. Manager Vince Lombardi makes the experience a thorough delight!Special Features:
- Can't get a better lobster anywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014The service was excellent. Chelsea is the best! The food was fabulous - and not just the lobster. They were very accommodating when we added an extra person. If you enjoy good food, don't want to be rushed this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top Notch!!!!JagGarcesDined on 8/20/2014Food always taste fresh and delicious, but the service really brings the overall dining experience top notch!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good anymoreswotrbVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been there 1-2 times per year, never fancy but always good quality. Still not fancy, no longer good quality, not going back.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been long-time fans of Summer Shack. The food is excellent, as is the service (we had a particularly good server for our most recent dining). The wine list is somewhat limited but you are provided a reasonable list for the food offering. In addition, the prices are reasonable. At times in the past the background music has been on the loud side, but not this time.
- BirthdayDined on 8/14/2014I celebrated my aunts 86 birthday, just the best chice on Agust 14 she had a fun lovely time. A special thank you to Shavon our fun, and wonderful waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!cinnamondrDined on 8/11/2014Food was great! However, lobster roll was a little light on lobster.Special Features:
- Always GreatCapricorn10Dined on 8/8/2014Great food. Friendly service. We always enjoy eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!WiniVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had dinner with two other friends and the food and the service was great. We were glad because our first experience with the Alewife location. we had with worst service. We told the manager, Vinnie, we loved the food and he brought over Jasper White! Nice touch.Special Features:
- Not one of my favs..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014I have a love hate relationship with the Summer Shack.. It's just ok! drinks, seafood, food just ok! I don't think it's worth the high prices been a few times but wouldn't be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodSimplymoiDined on 7/26/2014The food was awesome. The menu was pricey, but for a seafood spot that is to be expected. I will def go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great foodLuvFoodDined on 7/22/2014We came here for Paintnite.com which was an absolute blast! We got there early to have dinner and the food was awesome...especially the claim chowder. And the wait staff were so attentive and quick for such a big crowd. Definitely going back to try more of their menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJAM4Dined on 7/11/2014I've eaten there multiple times and introduced many new people to the restaurant . The experience has always been great with consistently excellent food, service and appropriately changing menu. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday evening family timeCrtrDined on 6/29/2014We have gone to summer shack many times, but we had a great family night this past Sunday. They had a man making balloon animals, eh uh was great for my 3 year old and had a fantastic server Kevin. Lots of families and great little sundae bar for the kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We felt that the portion sizes in relation to the prices was ridiculously inadequate.
- Great seafood!Ted1007Dined on 6/26/2014I hadn't been to a Summer Shack in awhile. I was pleasantly surprised with this location. The service was excellent. Our server made great recommendations for oysters and our main dishes. The yellow fin tuna with ginger and soy glaze was so delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGreatseafoodDined on 6/24/2014The restaurant has the feeling of a typical New England "Fish Shack", serving fresh caught fish. The service was extremely good based on personality, knowledge of the food and preparation style, and general info. We had lobster and the choices were many and yet we all decided on the baked stuffed lobster and no one was disappointed. We started with multiple appetizers and shared for sampling purposes. All was great and will go back when we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseeat2liveDined on 6/23/2014(7:30 dinner) The supervisor and staff were knowledgeable and very attentive. The food was cooked specific to my request. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMarciDined on 6/20/2014the food was mediocre at best - great calamari appetizer, everything else was bland
- Overall goodTanyaDined on 6/18/2014Had an ok experience. Food was good a little pricey but that is to be expected for a seafood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer14Dined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was great and very accomodating. The food was fresh and cooked wellSpecial Features:
- Father's Day Lunchgoodeats1Dined on 6/15/2014We had an awesome customer service experience. The food was delicious with good portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodmareVIPDined on 6/8/2014dinner was very good and very reasonably priced. Service was very friendly and helpful, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 297 reviews are from the Summer Shack-Dedham reviews archive.
- Great food and staffenajDined on 5/26/2014Great variety on the menu. The calamari, tuna and steamers we shared as appetizers were succulent and delicious. The plank salmon tender and cooked to perfection. Liam, our waiter, was attentive and responsive and friendly in the best way. We had a terrific birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Mother's DayJAM4Dined on 5/11/2014Despite a very busy dinner time, we were seated immediately at the time of our reservation. The wait staff were great and I had one of the very best swordfish meals ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!AnnieDined on 5/11/2014First time there, and everything was great! Great staff really acknowledged the mothers on Mother's Day! I felt special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HostGeorgeDined on 5/11/2014For some reason reservation or not you are always seated at the bar. When you don't have a reservation and you are seated at the bar you are told you need a reservation to sit in the other section of the restaurant. When you make a reservation you are still seated in the bar section at those high tables. Since when Summer Shack became a reservation only restaurant. This time we had a reservation and we got seated at the same high table and bar section when we did not. AMAZING!!!!!! the only positive part of being seated in the bar section is the waiter.
- No brunch?cmcd91085Dined on 5/11/2014I was very disappointed that brunch was not offered on Mother's Day. We were told " the kitchen couldn't handle that on Mother's Day". It should have been posted online or on opentable. My party of five was disappointed since we had planned on breakfast food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been a while.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Had not been to SS for some time. Brought friend visiting from Europe for dinner. Not as good as it use to be. Had fried clams and a fish and chip dinner. Food was dark. (old oil I think) Also had a beef dish that was "ok" and bluefish was "good". Over all not as we remembered. Then again it has been the Camb location we have been to in the past.Special Features:
- Not worth itMEM31Dined on 5/10/2014The steamers were definitely the best I ever had, but the lobster roll was not worth the $24.00; I've better/ less expensive at Papa Gino's. The service wa not that great. After we got our meal, the waiter never came back to our table, except to bring us the overpriced bill.
- Isn't worth it at all!AntonioVIPDined on 4/27/2014Very expensive. Fair food. Good service regardless of bad meal.
- If you want good seafood this is itDaveyBDined on 4/26/2014I have become a regular here, not only because the food is outstanding, but the service is unsurpassed! This staff is on top of everything! They are experts on the menu, and if you need a suggestion they are prepared! You won't be disappointed dining here, trust me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014While the food was pretty good, it did not stand out from other seafood places, although, the prices would imply differently. The seafood portions were respectable but I found their prices a little high. he beef tips were small and a little pricey for the amount, too. Jasper's chicken was the highlight of the meal. With a sizeable meal for a price that was only a little high for what you got.