Summer Fish & Rice
201 S. Robertson Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Summer Fish & Rice
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.summer.fish/
- Phone: 4242799111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from Summer Fish & Rice
Recently opened in 2013, Summer Fish & Rice is the third creation in Southern California of the team that started Gindi Thai Burbank and Summer Canteen in Toluca Lake. Chef Pisan brings his creative take on Sushi and Japanese cuisine to this contemporary and elegantly designed space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Summer Fish & Rice reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Very niceChrisVIPDined on 10/13/2014This place could be busier as it offers great food, original rolls and delicious sushi as well as original dishes. Like most Japanese places, wines could be better but most likely customers don’t drink wine there. The 5 to 7 pm happy hours are worth an early dinner. The place is nice and has a good vibe. I often return to it and always enjoy it.Special Features:
- Interesting SushiMickeyRVIPDined on 9/21/2014The sushi is interesting and they serve brown rice and are quote accommodating to dietary needs. The only complaint is that you cannot swap out items, but if you order a la carte or stick to what is a dinner you will do great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something differentYummy63Dined on 9/5/2014It was nice to try a new sushi place. The 1,000 point incentive led me to discover this restaurant. I enjoyed the black rice and crab and was glad they serve brown rice. Many dishes were spicy which doesn't work for me or my husband but the staff and chef were accommodating and flexible with substations which we appreciated. I liked the casual modern decor and some unique combinations of ingredients such as mango. The prices were a tad steep but not as high as some lesser quality sushi bars we've tried. We'll likely return with our teenage children who love sushi too.Special Features:
- Another unknown newcomerDisasterDined on 8/8/2014Arrived at the restaurant with a reservation in advance. half empty restaurant with the other half crowded with dirty dishes and un-cleaned table. We had to wait a table to be cleared for us. Only two people were working and one was new to the business. Very expensive but still they charged us for sesame seeds.
- Great Quality Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I took my son here for a lunch date. We had the best food and service. Small little intimate place with a fresh feel and decor. Lots of sunlight and a great open feeling.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find!MeganVIPDined on 7/3/2014Outstanding service! The entire staff was friendly from the sushi chefs to our waitress. We asked our waitress for recommendations from the menu & took almost all of them. We ordered the Dynamite appetizer, Ebisu roll, Killer roll, special Black & White rolls, Hitachino Nest White Ale & tempura green tea ice cream & thought all were delicious. Our waitress also asked if we wanted hot saki on the house to celebrate the 4th of July holiday. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Summer Fish & Rice reviews archive.
- first time dinerJenkfiveDined on 4/19/2014We went the night before Easter which is why we assumed the restaurant was not busy at all. The service was fast and the staff was agreeable to what we asked for. Great dinner deals - which is nice since it always seems you can only get a good deal at lunch. Menu is varied, but not huge. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almostNoNameVIPDined on 4/4/2014sushi was fantastic but salads and cooked foods were very disappointing. i ordered the omakase and more than half of the selections were NOT sushi even though the menu listed sushi only. i was not consulted on the substitutions. Stick to the sushi and you'll have a great experience.
- Quick stop for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014It was my first time here selected primarily for proximity to a later appointment. The ambience was minimal however the food was good and service attentive. The portions on the lunch menu were skimpy but the pricing was comparable. The food was fresh and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Was a slow nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014Great food. Was a slow night for a Saturday evening. Not a big sushi fan, but this restaurant made me a convert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dekicious!ChrisVIPDined on 1/18/2014Wow! Simply and quickly put, it’s delicious! Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBillVIPDined on 12/27/2013The restaurant was good enough but the menu lacked creativity. There were no creative specials or interesting additions to a traditional sushi Japanese menu. The fish was fresh and delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi YummyMaychihuiVIPDined on 11/25/2013This place has a great lunch Sushi Raw meal and it's very affordable. The service is always great. They are attentive and the food is great. I've been there a few times. Ice tea is really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/10/2013Have been there several times for lunch and the sashimi and sushi is prepared expertly. The quality and freshness of the fish is terrific. Sad to say that it's almost empty when I go so the ambiance is missing, but the staff, chef and food is of the highest level. I hope people try this place and biz picks up as it certainly deserves it. There has not been one item i can criticize and can only rave about everything I've eaten there. This is a great neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent New Sushi PlaceSteakLoverVIPDined on 8/27/2013This is a great new sushi place in Beverly Hills. Been here for lunch a few times now and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodie4SureVIPDined on 8/15/2013The best sushi I have had in a very long time! Easy to park. Great service and exquisite atmosphere!Special Features:
- Another sushiBheaterVIPDined on 8/9/2013Having been here before we really knew what we were in for... Meaning what prices were and what we get. The sashimi salad was lovely with four different types and enough for two... The yellowtail with grapefruit was a treat. Different and the combo really worked. Just a get run in and out place near we're we live. Easy parking after 6 and two hour parking prior. All the conveniences of a great start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another sushi in BHBheaterVIPDined on 7/27/2013With all the "in" sushi restaurants this is a nice neighborhood go to. We found the potions to be large. When you go for sushi you know $ will be spent. at least here you got a lot for the money? the fancy rolls are awesome.. Just know a lot of sauce over them. Once we caught on we said easy on the sauce. Interesting twist on stable rolls. The fish was fresh and that is necessary with sushi.easy parking after 6 at night. The service is spot on and friendly and helpful. Clean and new in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- this place will be gone soonconnoisseurVIPDined on 7/1/2013sushi is just passable for the prices charged. the place was empty. the sushi chefs paid a lot of attention to what clearly must have been regulars (guys eating alone at the sushi bar). it was an overall sad scene. big bummer. sayonara.
- Fresh beautiful sushi, withfoodfiendVIPDined on 6/30/2013Fresh beautiful sushi, with wonderful recommendations from the sushi chef.Special Features:
- What a find.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2013Been here twice and it just keeps getting better. If you are a sushi lover, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- Good sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2013The food was good. I was a little turned off when we ordered the sashimi lunch special and it only had 5 pieces of fish & one hand roll but cost $17. We ordered two rolls as well, drank water, and the total bill was $55. The rolls were delicious. But it's not a place I'll go that often just because the price is a little high for what you get. Service was great - we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food... Where are thcustomers?SCubaVIPDined on 4/25/2013Great food. Atmosphere was very quiet on a Thursday evening .Special Features:
- Quality Sushi at Fair PricesMarkInLAVIPDined on 4/13/2013Our new go to sushi restaurant. Fair prices for quality sushi. Great service. What else can you ask for? This is a place we can afford to go often for a great sushi experience.Special Features:
- Was simply searching for sushi1234VIPDined on 3/9/2013Was simply searching for sushi in LA. Figured it was relatively new (1 month), so gave it a shot. The food was excellent. I had the 8-piece Omakase as well as the Tuna Poppers and Baked Mussel. (I prefer to try new things when I can, and those two apps jumped out at me). The baked mussels (3, large) were very unique and savory. Highly recommend if you want new flavors. Tuns poppers are exactly what you think they are. Also good. The fish used for the sushi was extremely tender and delicious. My date had a roll (mango, tuna, avocado) and that was also very good. Only complaint would be I wish there was more. The roll was 4 pieces - decent size, but for the money would like it to be a bit bigger.Special Features: