Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3024797970x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Tuesday through Sunday in lounge.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)romantic (80)notable wine list (78)good for groups (68)fit for foodies (59)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (17)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014THE FOOD WAS TERRIFIC FROM APPETIZER TO DESSERT. I NEVER TRIED STRIPED BASS BEFORE. AFTER MY EXPERIENCE IT MAY BE NOW MY FAVORITE SEAFOOD CHOICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Our first visit to Sullivans. The staff was exceedingly helpful and friendly but not overbearing. Enjoyed the food very much. Took advantage of the prixe fix menu. The only complaint - the staff was a little over zealous in recommending MORE food; they made it a little uncomfortable in saying NO to more add-ons.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Very slow semi-attentive service asked second loaf of bread never received it. New waiter had multiple support waiters checking in on us but still waited significant time between ordering appetizers and meal also a significant time between receiving the appetizers and meal. only 4 of us and dinner service took almost two hours mostly due to waiting for food. Sullivans should restructure their appetizer menu and not have the staff tell us appetizers where big enough for two-it was insulting when the portions came out. Also the braised short rib, even though i know it could be fatty was 40 percent fat and i could only eat half of it. I was not going to send it back because it took so long to get meal in first place.
- Solid experienceAlexDined on 10/21/2014Good food, wasn't rushed, pleasant staff. Just a great evening out. Large crowd for a Tuesday which tells you something.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's night outBarbaraTVIPDined on 10/21/2014Excellent service and food. Everything is truly first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Had my second dinner there over the weekend, and prepare your self for a good 2 hour dinner. This is not a bad thing if you ask me, as the service, food, and the Wine list is amazing. Between the conversation, and the over all atmosphere the Night was amazing.Special Features:
- derbopotamousDined on 10/18/2014Busy Saturday evening led to a delay in being seated. Happy to wait in the bar. Upon ordering, we were served promptly. The food was precisely as ordered and tasty. We will continue to come back.Special Features:
- is everybody happy?afanVIPDined on 10/18/2014we were having dinner, almost last minute, with old friends and couldn't find a time and place that everyone was happy with until i remembered sullivan's. everybody was thrilled. when we didn't love the table location we were first seated at we only had to wait a bit more and were seated where everyone was happy, again. loved the price fix menu: steak was perfection, sides delicious and our server is now our new best friend.Special Features:
- Unusually Long WaitJenTVIPDined on 10/18/2014I had reservations for 7 PM but when we arrived about 5 minutes ahead of time, we were told they were running late, and had no idea when our table would be ready. They were busy, but I thought this was odd, since even whey they're busy, they should at least be able to give a rough timeline for when a table would be available. Like I said, very unusual for Sullivan's usually extremely prompt and ready to go. We were seated at 7:23, so not a terribly long wait, but something that was unexpected from them. We ordered the specials, which were outstanding. Delicious dinner, overall.
- Sullivans reviewpab2416Dined on 10/18/2014I love going to dinner at Sullivans. It is my favorite. Food and service is always the best.Special Features:
- As expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014If you want delicious food with great service, this is the place to go. Each time I go I know I'm going to be pleased when I leave. One thing to note, the boy who placed the bread on our table, well, he was clearly not thrilled to give us the bread and the butter was kind of a toss onto the table as he rushed by. I know being the bread boy is not the best job in the world, but we all have to start somewhere. The remainder of the staff, of course, were very accommodating.Special Features:
- SullivanssteakmanDined on 10/16/2014Service was a bit below their normal high standards. For the money it's the best steak house around.Special Features:
- Fun Night OutblondejakeDined on 10/16/2014I always enjoy coming to Sullivan's. Their Knockout Martini is a must. Its pineapple flavor with a hint of orange is so delicious. My husband loves their wine list and the spicy calamari. I chose filet mignon which is a classic and always cooked to perfection. My husband enjoys fish, so we both have options. It a good thing I don't live closer, because I would not be able to stay away from their great happy hour.Special Features:
- Great steakhousenovaDined on 10/14/2014We were seated immediately and had a server immediately for drinks and a nice welcome. The food was served efficiently and at proper temps. We enjoyed our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodBanginG69Dined on 10/13/2014Me and my wife come her at lest 2 times a year and we come her an are wedding anniversary and even before we got married veary good stakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllenEllenDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner on Sunday. The filets were some of the best we've tasted at Sullivan's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantShineAndDineDined on 10/11/2014The entire staff of the restaurant was very attentive, and on top of our table. The food was great; I definitely recommend any of the steaks. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Rock SolidJimmyMacDined on 10/11/2014I have eaten here before. They tweaked the menu since the last time I was here a few years ago. Solid Steakhouse....right up there with Ruth's Chris....Del Frisco restaurants never disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceHighExpectationsDined on 10/10/2014Sullivan's never disappoints as the perfect place for a special night out. I appreciate the attentiveness of the staff, the food has always been excellent and cooked as ordered, and the cocktail and wine selection are very good. Sullivan's is always high on my list for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Amazing place. Atmosphere, service and food. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food and service at Sullivan's is excellent. The noise level in main dining room was a bit much. However if you can get a table in the back in is a lot more quiet.
- Service needs a lot of workNaganaeatthereagainmaybeDined on 10/4/2014Food was on point as usual, as well as the atmosphere, but the service needs a lot of work. I'm usually not this picky about service, but when you are spending almost $100 a person when all is said and done, I shouldn't have to ask to see the wine list, I shouldn't have to ask for bread plates, and the waiter should never reach across me to set down silverware or clear plates.Special Features:
- Great4foodDined on 10/4/2014Great atmosphere great service great food The knockouts are superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!WinoDined on 10/3/2014Great food! Their steaks are always perfectly cooked. They have a very big wine list with everyone's favorites and new names that most haven't seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedNochainjaneDined on 10/2/2014Entree came while only halfway through appetizer and minutes after our bread arrived. With full glasses of wine we were asked twice of we were finished and were interrupted numerous times by someone wanting to clear our table. The food was great but the service really ruined it for us.Special Features:
- Awesome all AroundTakenCareVIPDined on 10/2/2014We had the best experience at Sullivans. Awesome Service, Food, and great Wine. Made it very easy to do businessSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerMilestoneDined on 9/28/2014Out to celebrate a milestone Birthday with the family and couldn't have asked for a better night. From the ambience to the food, and especially the service, the Birthday celebration ended on the high of high notes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wilmington SullivansFJBKSQ310Dined on 9/27/2014Great dining experience, Bill and his staff do a great job! Thursday is a great nite for Jazz & Bargin bar menue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It was restaurant week in Wilmington, DE and my group of 7 were there for 3hours 45mins. Way to long for a dinner to be served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuffedDined on 9/27/2014Sullivan's is a treat for us, and we are not disappointed when we eat there. My only complaint is getting no pink in my filet when I ordered it medium-well at my server's suggestion instead of medium. This happened the last time, too. I will be sure to stick with "medium" the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than the first timeDrHumbugDined on 9/27/2014We had eaten at Sullivan's many years ago and was not satisfied with the steak. Can't remember the specific details however. We decided to try again and were very much pleased this time with all aspects of the service. The waitstaff was efficient. The three courses were served in quick order. The entrees arrived hot, and best of all, the food was excellent - a great improvement over our only other experience years ago. Will now strongly consider Sullivan's for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great FoodSiegel3845Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. Went with friends to Delaware Dines Out event. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceImaxFloDined on 9/27/2014We were promptly greeted and seated, and the server appeared shortly after being seated. She was very professional, prompt, and anticipated our needs. The filets' were fantastic, vegetables perfectly prepared. The desserts were super! Overall we had a memorable experience and will be returning, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Date NightDivaLifestyleDined on 9/26/2014For me, getting out of the house was long overdue. We were planning to go to Del Frisco's, but I wanted to stay Local. so the next Best thing to my Favorite Philadelphia Restaurant is it's Sister Restaurant. And what a Great Evening we had. It was nice to just get out of the house and have a Romantic Dinner in a tranquil environment with wonderful Service.Special Features:
- Best steak!liluDined on 9/26/2014Took my boyfriend here for a nice dinner out and he and I were amazed by the steaks. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner!SeptgirlsnightoutDined on 9/26/2014Food was wonderful, service was outstanding and the drinks were the best!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceTennisBallDined on 9/25/2014Options were very good, and the food was very tasty, although portions could have been larger. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyFoodguyDined on 9/25/2014We dined during restaurant week. Food was very good, but in my opinion tables were toclose and it was very noisey. Not somewhere I would want to go for a romantic dinner! SEEMED RATHER EXPENSIVE.Special Features:
- Food was amazing!DIVINEDined on 9/25/2014Me and my date went for restaurant week. The prefix menus had a great selection. Our waitor Travis was very pleasant and attentive. The manager was nice enough to give us the wine menu. The food was fantastic worth every penny. Me and my significant do plan to go there again outside of restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meal but...BettyDined on 9/25/2014We've been to Sullivan's several times and knew the food would be great. We had a few disappointments with the DOD experience: the side dishes were extremely small (maybe 1/2 cup each), odd since these have a low cost to the restaurant; On the other hand, the main entre and dessert were generous. Secondly, we felt rushed: we were incomfortablr lingering our cocktails, as the waiter repeatedy asked us to order, the courses were delivered as if on an assembly line, and each course was delivered before we had finished the previous one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.