Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3024797970x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Tuesday through Sunday in lounge.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)romantic (74)notable wine list (56)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (44)vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Nice eveningFoxdineDined on 7/21/2014Found this spot close by and went for dinner. Great meal and an even better wine list to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodjackDined on 7/19/2014It was very good, but disappointing that we made a reservation 48 hours ahead of time and still had to wait for a table. The dinning room is noisy the bar area is actually more quiet. Service was good and food was very good. Over steakhouses prefer Flemings over Sullivans due to the prompt seating, great service, superior food, and the same price.Special Features:
- Great steaksRichDined on 7/19/2014The waitress was great and the steaks came out perfectly cookSpecial Features:
- Great Filet69erVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had the prefix menu which was great except vegetable selection. The filet mignon was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Filet!JoeTDined on 7/12/2014We had not been to Sullivan's in several years.....it was as good as we remembered it! My wife and I dined there last Saturday evening. We both had the 8 oz filet which were excellent. We shared grilled asparagus and skillet mushrooms as sides which were both delicious. I started my meal with the iceberg lettuce wedge, and my wife had the kale salad. Again, both were terrific. Excellent service added to the high quality if our meal. Sullivan's is, of course, always pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicePerryDined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service.......................................................Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Our waiter, Christopher is an asset to the restaurant staff. He's professional; very personable, but not too chatty. Daniella was in training and will learn the ropes soon enough. Good luck! We have had some great bottles of wine at Sullivan's, and this evening's was no exception. A delicious 12 year old cab to celebrate our anniversary. Too bad it was the last one. We'll be searching for it elsewhere for sure...it was a fine compliment to a great steak dinner.Special Features:
- AdelVIPDined on 7/7/2014As always the food and service were excellent!! Even my parents loved it who don't like to eat out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant - UpscaleSmokieDined on 7/5/2014Sullivan's is a fantastic restaurant. The food was great and it was easy to identify the smokey flavors that the chef is going for. As far as price, it seems that the guest is paying for the brand, as you can get the same dining experience at Firebirds for half the price. This does not go to say that I will not return to Sullivan's, as well as recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeDelawareDined on 7/5/2014First time visit really like the music at the bar good drinks, food was great had a great time will be backSpecial Features:
- Great food in a relaxing atmosphereJoeMDined on 7/5/2014I brought a party of 3 here for dinner. We all ordered the Summer Fling, filet with a half of lobster. It was delicious. We also had the tomato & Mozzarella Salad, cheese steak egg rolls & the tuna appetizer everything was perfect. We had great service, they were knowledgeable regarding the menu and wines. I have been to sullivan's a number of times and I'll keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed...again...JerseyboyDined on 7/4/2014We have frequented Sullivan's over the years, but have been disappointed with the food lately. I ordered the Steak & Lobster. The steak was delicious! However, the lobster tasted very musky and smelled very fishy (likely the cause of the musky, unpleasant taste). Anyway, the manager offered me a replacement, but I turned down the offer. Apparently, he checked the lobster and noticed the odor as well. So, he removed the entire dinner from the bill, although half credit would have been fine. Anyway, I appreciate what the manager did, but I'm really concerned about the food of late (two previous issues over the past year). Consequently, we're really not sure if we're willing to give them one more chance...we'll see...
- Sullivan's at Concord PikeJimmyfoodieDined on 7/2/2014After having lived in DE/PA area for five years, this was the first time I dined at Sullivan's with friends. The atmosphere was cozy, and the staff very friendly. The food was good, especially the steaks. Everyone at my table tried the filet mignon, and/or Kansas steak, and they were very pleased with the quality and the taste of the cut. It was a memorable dinner for us.Special Features:
- EnjoyedKenCeeDined on 7/1/2014High quality steaks, delicious appys, friendly and proper service...a treat for a special occasion. Perhaps the highest price point in the area though for food and drinks. The promotion (Surf & Turf) at $42 and the prix fixed dinner at $39 were well worth the price.Special Features:
- EllenEllenDined on 7/1/2014We always enjoy Sullivan's and once again had a terrific time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JOM123JOM123Dined on 7/1/2014Overall food was very good, steaks were excellent, cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we hoped fordinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014My son was turning 15 and wanted to try a steak house for his birthday dinner. Our meals took a very long time, and we were not served all at the same time. In addition, since we told them it was a birthday celebration, they offered him a choice of cheesecake or pie for dessert. We ordered pie, but the manager said they were out of birthday candles. Then we ordered an additional dessert for the table, and the waitress brought only the additional dessert, set it down in front of my son, and said , "Happy birthday, buddy." Very anticlimactic.Special Features:
- Great experience all aroundroboDined on 6/28/2014Sullivan's was great start to finish. From host to server. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdelVIPDined on 6/27/2014As usual, excellent food and service!! Have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWillbbackDined on 6/27/2014Great experience, service and food. We will return with friends. Thnaks for the Great Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBigLouDined on 6/26/2014An excellent restaurant. Everyone was accommodating, polite, and attentive to detail.Special Features:
- bloominDined on 6/26/2014Service and food were excellent! We enjoyed our evening and every one was extremely attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great business dinnerCmogle1Dined on 6/25/2014Took four clients here for dinner... Bar staff was very helpful and friendly. The wait staff again was very helpful, both floor managers checked on us several times to make sure we were happy. Food was excellent..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great staffFoodIsGoodDined on 6/21/2014After dining at Sullivan's for Mother's Day and having such a wonderful experience, we decided to do it again for Father's Day. Both times we had amazing meals and the entire staff was very attentive, helpful and on the money. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time! Loved it!JoeyPopDined on 6/21/2014Finally found the time to get to Sullivan's and what a great experience it was. The wait staff was knowledgeable, friendly (without being invasive or overly familiar), and outstanding. The steak was what I expected, cooked top perfection and delicious ( I got the filet, medium rare). I was very impressed with the wine list as well. I would defiantly recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'sFoodyFredDined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed an excellent dinner at Sullivan's the other night. Dirty martini, Lettuce wedge (with loads of bleu cheese, and sea scallops wrapped in crispy bacon. Topped it off with bananas foster bread pudding. Dear wife had a sweet drink, lobster bisque and a petite filet. Top notchSpecial Features:
- AdelVIPDined on 6/19/2014Once again a consistently excellent meal with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner at Sullivan's and everything was delicious as always. The service was great and the ambiance is very romantic. We'll definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ~Always a favorite~ChoosySuzyDined on 6/15/2014We eat here often. Once in a great while we have to send our filet back for further cooking..Not this time! It and everything else was perfect! It was my husbands first Fathers' Day without any kids around. I took him to Sullivan's. We had a great time and everything was great. Bill is an awesome manager always making sure everything is just so. I'm also glad you carry Blue Coat Gin. My husband doesn't drink often but enjoys a gin and tonic on occasion (with Blue Coat Gin)!Special Features:
- lovely waitressesPhillyDinerDined on 6/14/2014great steakhouse. been here many times. great steakhouse. been here many times.Special Features:
- AdelVIPDined on 6/10/2014As usual the staff was attentive and made sure everyone was happy with their meals. The food is always great!! I Highly recommend this Sullivan's... Better than all the rest! Even my mom and dad were impressed... Not easy to do!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a GemBobeatsDined on 6/8/2014Sullivan's never disappoints. Quality at every turn. Food is always very good and the service is above reproach.Special Features:
- Mostly goodJelloDined on 6/7/2014POSITIVES: The food and waitstaff were excellent. They also have a nice wine list. Everything was prepared wonderfully and it was a thoroughly delicious meal. Our waitress (Anna?) was perfect: friendly and efficient but not intrusive. Servers delivered our meals in a quiet, efficient way. NEGATIVES: Other than the person who drove (who was parking the car) our party arrived together, including a disabled person. They had plenty of tables available for our 6:30 reservation, but the front desk didn't offer to seat us immediately - we had to wait for the driver! That seems thoughtless. Also, the manager (Kim?) came by our table to check in, and was not tuned in at all that she was interrupting - and her tone was rather rude, too.Special Features:
- As good as it getsLucyLraeDined on 6/7/2014In spite of the rave reviews my friends had given Sullivan's, the food, service, and atmosphere was beyond my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly Cooked Food, TwiceTravelForWorkVIPDined on 6/3/2014Went for a business dinner and we all ordered steaks, of course. The two rare ribeyes were delicious. However, the two medium steaks (one ribeye and one filet mignon) were even rarer than the rare steaks. It took several minutes to get someone back to the table to report this cooking error and they took the steaks back to the kitchen. When the two of us with rare steaks were already 3/4 done with our food, the medium steaks finally returned medium-well and charred. By this time it was late and my guests were just hungry and did not want to have to complain again, so they just ate their steaks. You would think being a "steakhouse" they would be able to actually cook a $60 steak properly. We had a $500 bill and it was in no way worth it.
- Eat here if you like a good steaklawyermommyDined on 5/31/2014Sullivan's is a great place to get a perfectly cooked steak. My husband prefers his steak medium rare and most restaurants in the area tend to over cook their steaks. which is frustrating when steak is so expensive. Sullivan's sends out a perfectly cooked steak every time. The food is great, although at our recent visit the noise level and music was super loud and it was difficult to have a conversation with our guests. Service was slow but it was a very busy Saturday night, the food was worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great up until the end........OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014everything was exceptional up until the end. our server (who was excellent) had asked during the course of dinner if we were here for a special occasion, to which we replied it was my bf's birthday. after dinner, our server brought us a piece of cheesecake, said happy birthday to my bf and said it was on him. very nice, we thought (although my bf hates cheese cake), until we received the bill and we had been charged for it. kind of a slimy move, which put a damper on an otherwise stellar experience. thanks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent service by ENTIRE staff. Great wine recommendation in the Von Strasser Cabernet. Food is always consistently GREAT!Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerGuilford1Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent experience our party of 6 was lead to a rectangle table but when we asked to switch to round we were immediately accommodated. Excellent service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerSnookumDined on 5/30/2014I was there with 4 others, being from Florida, we asked our conceirge at the Hotel for a recommendation for dinner, and he suggested Sullivans. We were their for our Grandson's Graduation, the food was excellent as well as the service. The restaurant was very busy, however the waitress and staff were very attentive and very professional. If we are ever back in Wilmington that would be our choice of restaurants, thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.