Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3024797970x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Tuesday through Sunday in lounge.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)romantic (68)notable wine list (54)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (38)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The table was ready when we arrived. Dinner was amazing and the staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plated the wrong steaksLost4wordsDined on 9/14/2014Requested medium steak but got medium well that someone else ordered. Requested take out boxes for left overs but never got the steak or potatoe that was not finished.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Mt dinner went well, food was great. Our server Travis did a great job. Bill and Kim was on duty and made visits to our table to follow up with our service. Great Job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodGinaDined on 9/13/2014Service could use some refinement - to say the least... unless of course I'm mistaken and the lower caliber waitress staff is truly the image Sullivan's is now going for... will come back with crossed fingers there's been turnover soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightCBDined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating our 22nd Anniversary and everyone from the hostess to the waitress to the manager all treated us special. Food was phenominal as always, and we were treated to a champagne toast and "free" dessert !!Special Features:
- Sullivan's WilmingtonPuckVIPDined on 9/12/2014Sullivan's is a reliably good steakhouse. The food and service are very good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- InconsistentVIPDined on 9/8/2014My new york strip was chewy and my husband's 6 oz filet wasn't a best cut. We go often but this time it wasn't that great.
- The Roca Patron dinner was great!ChooseyOneDined on 9/6/2014On a whim we decided to try the special four-course Patron dinner, and it was a delicious decision. I would definitely consider doing something like this again, and next time with another couple or two - it's a fun way to dine. The pork belly tacos were especially good, and the tres leches cake was sinful.Special Features:
- JMAielloDined on 9/6/2014As usual, the meal was excellent. everyone who works at Sullivan's are friendly and helpful. they made our birthday dinner celebration a great experience! Sullivan's is our go to Restaurant whenever we decide we want a great meal!Special Features:
- Great flavorLovesteakDined on 9/5/2014Service was great steak was perfect potatoes were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momwhoeatsDined on 9/3/2014Think paying for a salad that used to be free is cheap and the portions seem smaller.Special Features:
- steaklover 08steaklover08VIPDined on 9/2/2014The service was wonderful. The manager stopped over to check on me and my husband. The meal was great..love love love the cheese steak rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe with friendsfeelingrushedDined on 8/31/2014We arrived about 15 minutes before our reservation time...checked in with the hosts and was informed that they don't seat incomplete parties and we could wait in the bar. As we headed to the bar, they told us that the other half of our reservation was already checked in and was in the bar - wrong! So we sat at the bar, got a drink each and waited for the other couple we were meeting. When they arrived, we went back to the podium and were then shown to our seating. We had requested a booth but were shown a table. Immediately, the manager or maître d' came over and asked if we had reserved a booth and apologized and seated us in a booth. The service was decent but they failed to bring back the leftovers. We've had better experiences therSpecial Features:
- Consistently SuperbBobPDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. service even better. Entire staff make you feel welcome.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Momof2Dined on 8/30/2014Had a great time and the best dinner in a long time. Our waiter Christopher was fantastic as wellSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We eat at Sullivans several times a year including any notable occasion in our lives, (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.). The food is always excellent, the service impeccable and the staff attentive without being over bearing. We will be back often. My girlfriend had the $39.00 Prix fixe menu and had the filet which was very well prepared. She did feel the potatoes had a little too much horse radish but all else was excellent. I had an eight ounce salmon steak served on a bed of rice with a blueberry sauce which added a touch of sweetness to the rice. As always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks comparable to OutbackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014While I enjoyed our meal, I didn't think the filet Mignon was any better than one from outbackSpecial Features:
- Classy, ClassyRCfromDCVIPDined on 8/27/2014Sullivans is the classiest restaurant on Concord Pike. The service is indeed outstanding. Of course the male clientele will appreciate more that the servers are lovely young, personable ladies instead of the middle-aged men that older steak restaurants use. And, a manager always stops by the table to check on us. I love the bisque, and the steaks are excellent. I don't live in the area, but I try to dine there every time I come to Wilmington.Special Features:
- BIG PRICES, LITTLE CLASSALFREDVIPDined on 8/27/2014We found the service at Sullivan's to be seriously lacking. Server knocked over my wine glass (1/4 full) and made no attempt to get me another wine. We were kept waiting before being seated even though we were there at 5 PM and the dining room was full of helpers cleaning the glasses and no customers were in the restaurant. Ordered simple thing liker a baked potato: told not ready yet after my well done steak was delivered. Would be another 10-15 minutes. Everything seemed very disjointed. Will not go back here!!!
- Last Time Eating Here!MarlonphotosDined on 8/26/2014I had eaten at Sullivan's several time before. The food has been declining each time I have returned since my first visits. After my most recent visit, I have decided not to go back. During this visit my food was over cooked and after letting the waitress know nothing was done about it. She told me someone would be informed about what happened with the food, but nothing was done. Rather then make an uproar, I felt it would be best to count my losses and just not return.Special Features:
- Steak PerfectionNoNicknameDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I ordered an appetizer, salads, the larger filet cut and the aged strip along with garlic horseradish mashed potatoes and the mac and cheese. The meal was delivered at the proper time increments. The steaks were done perfectly as ordered. Portion sizes on the salads and the sides were large. The food was all delicious. The bar mixes great cocktails. Staff at the restaurant have been top notch and well trained and managed each time I have visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysCaptainDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service, food and beverage. It is our go to place for "date night" and to get the best steak dinner in the area.Special Features:
- Great food but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food is always excellent at Sullivan's. However, it has become very expensive. Our bill was $128 for the fixed price option with an inexpensive bottle of wine and no dessert. With the tip $150 is going to be dinner for two.Special Features:
- Dinner with class.diningnite7Dined on 8/22/2014This was our 50th wedding anniversary dinner and we were treated as VIP's. Only the service topped the food. I had to carefully pick the right spot for such an important occasion and I could not have found a better place in the greater Wilmington area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch The SeafoodAllanDined on 8/19/2014Had a good time and we were treated well. The 1/2 Lobster that came with my steak was one of the worst I've had. It was tough, stringy, chewy, you get the idea. I told the manager that I had better at Ruby Tuesday's. They took it of the bill but that doesn't do much for My Dinner. Manager said to please come back and try it again because their seafood is normally very good. the rest of our meals were well prepared and done as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast service...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014but not what we're looking for from a high end restaurant which is what they are trying to be. If this place wasn't in close proximity we certainly wouldn't go out of our way. Servers were nice but apps and salad came out way too fast (about 60 seconds after ordering) which indicates that they were prepped and in the fridge and not prepared fresh. My steak was cooked perfectly, but the 1/2 lobster tail seemed to be cooked much earlier. My Wife ordered Medium + and it came out Medium Rare. At this price point I expect better. Nothing worse than spending $200 on a meal and being underwhelmed.
- Fantastic restaurantDiner08Dined on 8/15/2014Sullivan's is a phenomenal restaurant with unbelievable service and food. Every time I go I am blown away by the dining experience. In addition, Bill, the manager, always comes out to say hello and see how everything is. The food is always cooked to perfection and makes your taste buds explode with happiness. It is a must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaklover 08steaklover08VIPDined on 8/14/2014Waitress served me water with floating particles. .when I asked for another glass she told me the next glass would be the same and that their machine for water was not able to give clear water. That waitress later left and the next waitress and waiter were great...the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionSussexMomDined on 8/13/2014Special Occasion -- that's what we mostly come to Sullivan's for. We both had specials (involving steak) and they were both excellent. Wine by the glass for this evening, but in the past we have ordered bottles from the wine list which is very good. I have never been disappointed at Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerkdrbDined on 8/7/2014Sullivan's staff members were attentive, addressed food allergies questions, and served delicious food. We would go back again, and wouldrecommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for business discussionLocalfoodieDined on 8/6/2014Very hard to find good restaurants which are quiet enough to hold business discussion - many places are either so loud you have to yell or too closely packed that you can't have a private business discussion. This place is perfect if you want to hear your peers and clients, without having others hear them as well.
- Worth the costAnnDeDined on 8/4/2014My marks for the food were because many of the side dishes contain pork (bacon) which is NOT mentioned on the menu. If I had not made an off-handed comment to my waitress, I might have had an upsetting experience that would really have ruined the evening. That didn't happen, but I found that my options were much more restricted than I initially thought when I reviewed the menu online and made a reservation. That all aside, I had a wonderful evening. My date loved his meal and the wait-staff was friendly. They paid exactly the right amount of attention. They responded to our needs without being asked, but did not hover or constantly badger. We will definitely try to come back for one of the Thursday/Sunday evening events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedkarinandericDined on 8/3/2014Has the look and feel of a chain restaurant. The staff were friendly and professional. The quality of the meat was excellent and the preparation was perfect. We shared several side dishes and appetizers and they were much better than expected. Wine list was a bit uneven, but had a number of good choices at reasonable—by restaurant standards—prices.Special Features:
- Perfectly cooked steakscap10mcDined on 8/3/2014Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was very good. Crowd was light so restaurant was very quiet and very conducive to nice conversation. We hjad a reservation right after opening time at 3 PM and it worked out greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion SuccessfulLove2Dine2Dined on 7/30/2014Upon my arrival I was greeted by Sullivan's Steakhouse "smiling Staff", they were very busy, I waited before giving my name and said I was still waiting for my guest. I contacted my brother & informed he was having traffic issues; I went back to the Greeting Staff and told them my guest would be arriving within the next ten minutes. Bill, the Maitre'd, introduced himself and offered me a soda while I continued waiting (how gracious); I declined & thanked him for his considerate kindness. He returned minutes later and asked if I cared for a cocktail or a glass of wine; I again declined and explained my brother was finally on US 202 and within moments my brother arrived, Bill & I greeted him with"Happy Birthday!" We were seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dry-Aged beef and wine listbest2waDined on 7/28/2014Dry-aged NY strip was perfectly prepared Medium-Rare... Sommelier was very helpful in finding a nice bottle for us... 2010 Clos Du Bois Marlston Alexander Valley...Special Features:
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Food was great, service was great. No complaints nice night out.Special Features:
- Love Sullivans!ChefpieDined on 7/26/2014We went with 2 other couples. Dinner was amazing as always! Great place to take new and old friends! LOVE SULLIVANS!! Make sure your bartenders stick to the recipe's of your famous drinks though. Myself and 2 of the other ladies at the table ordered the Mango Tango Martini. The 2nd ones brought to us didn't look right and we knew right away someone else has made them. Thank goodness the waitress knew too. She was right there to get us new drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeding Expectations.BobPDined on 7/26/2014The food was great as always. One of the things that sets this restaurant apart from others is the sincere friendliness of the staff and this visit was no exception.Special Features:
- Loved the food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I loved the food and the service. I would truly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features: