Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3024797970x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Tuesday through Sunday in lounge.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)romantic (77)notable wine list (64)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (45)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (16)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Out to celebrate a milestone Birthday with the family and couldn't have asked for a better night. From the ambience to the food, and especially the service, the Birthday celebration ended on the high of high notes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wilmington SullivansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great dining experience, Bill and his staff do a great job! Thursday is a great nite for Jazz & Bargin bar menue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It was restaurant week in Wilmington, DE and my group of 7 were there for 3hours 45mins. Way to long for a dinner to be served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuffedDined on 9/27/2014Sullivan's is a treat for us, and we are not disappointed when we eat there. My only complaint is getting no pink in my filet when I ordered it medium-well at my server's suggestion instead of medium. This happened the last time, too. I will be sure to stick with "medium" the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than the first timeDrHumbugDined on 9/27/2014We had eaten at Sullivan's many years ago and was not satisfied with the steak. Can't remember the specific details however. We decided to try again and were very much pleased this time with all aspects of the service. The waitstaff was efficient. The three courses were served in quick order. The entrees arrived hot, and best of all, the food was excellent - a great improvement over our only other experience years ago. Will now strongly consider Sullivan's for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. Went with friends to Delaware Dines Out event. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We were promptly greeted and seated, and the server appeared shortly after being seated. She was very professional, prompt, and anticipated our needs. The filets' were fantastic, vegetables perfectly prepared. The desserts were super! Overall we had a memorable experience and will be returning, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Food was wonderful, service was outstanding and the drinks were the best!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceTennisBallDined on 9/25/2014Options were very good, and the food was very tasty, although portions could have been larger. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014We dined during restaurant week. Food was very good, but in my opinion tables were toclose and it was very noisey. Not somewhere I would want to go for a romantic dinner! SEEMED RATHER EXPENSIVE.Special Features:
- Food was amazing!DIVINEDined on 9/25/2014Me and my date went for restaurant week. The prefix menus had a great selection. Our waitor Travis was very pleasant and attentive. The manager was nice enough to give us the wine menu. The food was fantastic worth every penny. Me and my significant do plan to go there again outside of restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meal but...BettyDined on 9/25/2014We've been to Sullivan's several times and knew the food would be great. We had a few disappointments with the DOD experience: the side dishes were extremely small (maybe 1/2 cup each), odd since these have a low cost to the restaurant; On the other hand, the main entre and dessert were generous. Secondly, we felt rushed: we were incomfortablr lingering our cocktails, as the waiter repeatedy asked us to order, the courses were delivered as if on an assembly line, and each course was delivered before we had finished the previous one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local fine dining experiencecsmarDined on 9/23/2014We were vey impressed with our server and hist timing bringing the courses. We had the filet, it was perfectly cooked The atmosphere was relaxed, yet elevated. We will return to experience additional selectioinsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Disappointed :(blueroxVIPDined on 9/23/2014This was my first time at Sullivans and thought DDO would be a great opportunity to try the restaurant out. The food and service was very good. The entree came with horseradish mashed potatoes and sauteed squash. I love spice, but unfortunately it doesn't like me. The server was kind enough to bring me a sample of the mashed potatoes so test the spice level so she knew about my situation. Why then would she not alert me to the spice level of the squash. When I asked to swap out the mashed potatoes (which were $8.50 on the regular menu) for the au gratin potatoes ($9.50 on the regular menu) I was told it was not possible and that I would need to purchase the au gratin potatoes at full price. Not sure I would visit again based on this visit.Special Features:
- Excellent Every TimeAngelVIPDined on 9/23/2014Still one of our favorites. Same attention to detail and service, but, most of all, excellent food. Thanks again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Dining out Delaware - would have liked to be told by wait staff that the Homemade Cheese Cake was served with strawberry sauce and dopple of wipe cream. We prefer plain cheesecake with no toppingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimingHcbjebDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent (except for hair in calamari), but timing between courses was terrible. We are not sure if it was a server or kitchen problem. Time between finish of meal and serving of desert was completely unacceptable and coffe orders were forgotten.Special Features:
- Sullivans started great,ended badjwilkDined on 9/20/2014Appetizers and Soup/salad were great...my 16oz. NY steak was perfect. But my wife's fillet mignon was requested med. To med well. Instead of server or cook recommending the fillet to be butterflied for easier thorough cooking to proper temp. The steak was brought out with a charred thick leathery skin. My wife acted as though it was fine and ate only a bite... but steak is supposed to be a draw to your location and her meal was extremely dissapointing and put a damper on my mood being she would not let me send it back...so $140 later on our 5yr wedding anniversary and first trip to your establishment for great food, we were let down in the end.Special Features:
- Always a Great EveningForeeverDined on 9/19/2014The atmospher, food and service are always exceptional. The attention that management pays to each table is warm and fiendly, making you genuinely feel they appreciate your patronage.Special Features:
- MarieDined on 9/19/2014everything was great I especially liked the three course optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Wedding AnniversaryDNix7Dined on 9/17/2014Had a great time and even was able to order from a fixed menu!Special Features:
- Great placeCjsharkDined on 9/17/2014The table was ready when we arrived. Dinner was amazing and the staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plated the wrong steaksLost4wordsDined on 9/14/2014Requested medium steak but got medium well that someone else ordered. Requested take out boxes for left overs but never got the steak or potatoe that was not finished.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Mt dinner went well, food was great. Our server Travis did a great job. Bill and Kim was on duty and made visits to our table to follow up with our service. Great Job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodGinaDined on 9/13/2014Service could use some refinement - to say the least... unless of course I'm mistaken and the lower caliber waitress staff is truly the image Sullivan's is now going for... will come back with crossed fingers there's been turnover soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightCBDined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating our 22nd Anniversary and everyone from the hostess to the waitress to the manager all treated us special. Food was phenominal as always, and we were treated to a champagne toast and "free" dessert !!Special Features:
- Sullivan's WilmingtonPuckVIPDined on 9/12/2014Sullivan's is a reliably good steakhouse. The food and service are very good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- InconsistentVIPDined on 9/8/2014My new york strip was chewy and my husband's 6 oz filet wasn't a best cut. We go often but this time it wasn't that great.
- The Roca Patron dinner was great!ChooseyOneDined on 9/6/2014On a whim we decided to try the special four-course Patron dinner, and it was a delicious decision. I would definitely consider doing something like this again, and next time with another couple or two - it's a fun way to dine. The pork belly tacos were especially good, and the tres leches cake was sinful.Special Features:
- JMAielloDined on 9/6/2014As usual, the meal was excellent. everyone who works at Sullivan's are friendly and helpful. they made our birthday dinner celebration a great experience! Sullivan's is our go to Restaurant whenever we decide we want a great meal!Special Features:
- Great flavorLovesteakDined on 9/5/2014Service was great steak was perfect potatoes were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momwhoeatsDined on 9/3/2014Think paying for a salad that used to be free is cheap and the portions seem smaller.Special Features:
- steaklover 08steaklover08VIPDined on 9/2/2014The service was wonderful. The manager stopped over to check on me and my husband. The meal was great..love love love the cheese steak rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe with friendsfeelingrushedDined on 8/31/2014We arrived about 15 minutes before our reservation time...checked in with the hosts and was informed that they don't seat incomplete parties and we could wait in the bar. As we headed to the bar, they told us that the other half of our reservation was already checked in and was in the bar - wrong! So we sat at the bar, got a drink each and waited for the other couple we were meeting. When they arrived, we went back to the podium and were then shown to our seating. We had requested a booth but were shown a table. Immediately, the manager or maître d' came over and asked if we had reserved a booth and apologized and seated us in a booth. The service was decent but they failed to bring back the leftovers. We've had better experiences therSpecial Features:
- Consistently SuperbBobPDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. service even better. Entire staff make you feel welcome.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Momof2Dined on 8/30/2014Had a great time and the best dinner in a long time. Our waiter Christopher was fantastic as wellSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We eat at Sullivans several times a year including any notable occasion in our lives, (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.). The food is always excellent, the service impeccable and the staff attentive without being over bearing. We will be back often. My girlfriend had the $39.00 Prix fixe menu and had the filet which was very well prepared. She did feel the potatoes had a little too much horse radish but all else was excellent. I had an eight ounce salmon steak served on a bed of rice with a blueberry sauce which added a touch of sweetness to the rice. As always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks comparable to OutbackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014While I enjoyed our meal, I didn't think the filet Mignon was any better than one from outbackSpecial Features:
- Classy, ClassyRCfromDCVIPDined on 8/27/2014Sullivans is the classiest restaurant on Concord Pike. The service is indeed outstanding. Of course the male clientele will appreciate more that the servers are lovely young, personable ladies instead of the middle-aged men that older steak restaurants use. And, a manager always stops by the table to check on us. I love the bisque, and the steaks are excellent. I don't live in the area, but I try to dine there every time I come to Wilmington.Special Features:
- BIG PRICES, LITTLE CLASSALFREDVIPDined on 8/27/2014We found the service at Sullivan's to be seriously lacking. Server knocked over my wine glass (1/4 full) and made no attempt to get me another wine. We were kept waiting before being seated even though we were there at 5 PM and the dining room was full of helpers cleaning the glasses and no customers were in the restaurant. Ordered simple thing liker a baked potato: told not ready yet after my well done steak was delivered. Would be another 10-15 minutes. Everything seemed very disjointed. Will not go back here!!!