Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
1785 East River Road
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (520) 299-4275
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jonny Ricketts
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Sunday
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (46)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Perfect ambience, food, and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary - this was perfect - We had great service - love how all the wait staff showed care for us and congratulated us. Food was superb and served at a leisurely pace. My husband loved the giant wine rack! Truly a wonderful place and meal for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak OrderMaggieVIPDined on 11/20/2014I ordered my steak med rare after discussing the fact that rare was a cool center. Mine was not medium rare but in my opinion overcooked. This is a very pricy restaurant and the customer deserves to have the meat cooked to the ordered temperature. To the manager's credit I was offered a replacement but by the time that would have arrived my dining partner would have finished his meal. The brussel sprouts side dish was magnificent but you don't go there for the side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Visit for a "48th Wedding Anniversary"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The restaurant is elegant and sophisticated, but gives a warm welcome feel with its use of beautiful dark wood throughout the bar and dining areas. We were seated within minutes of arriving and we were greeted warmly by our waiter. He was very helpful and attentive. He set a very relaxed unhurried pace so we could enjoy our dining experience completely. His recommendation of the Cheesesteak Egg rolls went well with our pre-dinner cocktails, The Knockout (the signature martini) was excellent. We opted for the $42 Prix Fixe menu and we were not disappointed. Excellent food for excellent value. The fillet mignon was butterknife tender and cooked to perfection. The salmon also was quite nice. The meal was excellent and because we were celebrating our anniversary we were given a complimentary dessert. We chose the Banana's Foster Bread pudding. FANTASTIC! A great dining experience like this only needed to be finished by a cup of their delicious hot fresh brewed coffee. Unfortunately this is when the whole experience went down hill. My husband ordered a decaf and I ordered regular. We waited and waited. They brought out our complimentary dessert but still no coffee. We really wanted to enjoy the coffee with our dessert. We couldn't find our waiter anywhere. Finally he came by to ask how we liked the dessert. We asked where our coffee was and he had totally forgotten it. He assured us he would be back in a flash. Five minutes later he brought the coffee and said he was so sorry for the delay but this was just freshly brewed so he had to wait for it to be done. He poured my regular brew and my husband's decaf and left us to enjoy the rest of our dessert with the coffee. We took a sip from our cups and it was cold! It either had to have been left in the carafes from lunch, or the coffee machine they were using had the heater turned off. They apologized and took the coffee off of our bill. It was a disappointing ending to what up until then was a stellar dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014My husband nad I went for our wedding anniversary. They were amazing, they took our picture and made us a card. It was great. Love the fireplace outside sitting area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodNothappyDined on 11/8/2014We ate on the patio. The ambiance was great- there was a combo on Saturday night. The service was very good. The food was only mediocre. We each had a small filet and a baked potato. Other steak houses we have eaten at have been much better. I can even do better at home. The meat was over seasoned and dry, and theotato was over cooked and dry. You prices are near other steak houses in town, but your food was not.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodWineTsarDined on 11/8/2014Excellent Service and Food. It was my wife birthday and at one time or another various members of the wait staff came by and wished her happy birthday. They were cordial and fun. Despite our waiter being relatively green in the business his enthusiasm and willingness to please overcame his lack of experience. We enjoyed conversing with him. The Steaks were incredible as were the salad and soups. My wife's mac & cheese side was everything she wanted. The wine was a top notch Pinot Noir from Calera at a very reasonable price. We had told them coming in that we wanted to proceed at a leisurely pass and they accommodated well to that request. Don't miss the Shrimp/Lobster Bisque. Have and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overallRipleysmom221Dined on 11/7/2014I found Sullivan's to be an ideal place for dining. The food is great as is glreat and the ambiance is fabulous! My only complaint is the valet parking! All the front spaces are reserved for valet and those of us who are disabled and who do not want valet, have to park on the side. It makes more sense to have the valet park on the side or back because the valet is not disabled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 545454tucsonDined on 11/7/2014Steak was poor. Lobster was awful !! Table was great, Meridith our waitress was excellent, food was very poor. Doubt I would go,again.
- WonderfulLovingMomDined on 11/5/2014Had a night out with my daughter. We enjoyed everything. The wait staff were very attentive, but not intrusive. The food was excellent, presented well and tasted wonderful. My daughter is a restraunteur and felt that Sullivan's was excellent in all areas.Special Features:
- First time and great experienceFoodie4LifeDined on 11/5/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I had made a request when making the reservation which the staff was quick on following through with. I don't remember our waiter's name, but he was very friendly and made the experience a happier one. We had gone early on a Wednesday evening so there was not customers. It was quiet and the setting was perfect. He had ordered the ribeye which was quite large, and I the 1lb lobster along with Cheesy mac on the side for us to share. There was nothing really to complain about for the food as everything was prepared just right, though it did not WOW me as much as I thought it would. Overall, I did enjoy Sullivan's Steakhouse in Tucson and would recommend it to others as for more special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Hostess was super nice. Waiters were great. Waiter dropped a very small portion of steak when he went to box it up so they cooked a brand new one for my client to take home. Super nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A worthwhile experienceFoodDudeVIPDined on 10/22/2014As a golf/resort/vacation town, Tucson has more steak houses--both local and chain--than most cities this size. Carving out an identity must be hard for these folks and finding a unique niche doubly so. Sullivan's--now an affiliate of the Del Frisco chain--holds its own in this category. Their beef is certainly high quality if the steak salad is representative. It's an excellent lighter dining choice that still takes advantage of the focus of the menu. Similarly, the seared Ahi plate with a tangy mustard sauce was equally outstanding. The appetizer category was a little less satisfying. Nothing wrong with the calamari at all, just not exceptional. The shell fish appetizer platter is quite labor intensive (cracking shells) and pricy at that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Service was good. Food was good too, but wasn't AWESOME! HahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!!DinerVIPDined on 10/21/2014Chef Gio really knows how to cook. Go for the New York Strip.Special Features:
- No pressureFoodiePrimeVIPDined on 10/20/2014We love going to Sullivan's because the food is always prepared to perfection, the ambiance is romantic and private, yet, for a group meal with business associates, it is very highbrow and the service is seamless. I can safely say this the best steak and seafood restaurant in Tucson - having lived in Tucson for >25 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I always enjoy our visits to Sullivan's. The service couldn't get any better and the food is fantastic. Definitely start with the cheesteak eggrolls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had such a great time and almost everyone came over to wish Ryan a happy birthday which I know he really appreciated. Expensive restaurants can eem a litle stuffy but the laid back personalities of the staff made us feel right at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014We were seated at a table that was private and quiet as requested. The steak was delicious according to my son and husband. I had the sea bass which was perfectly prepared and very tasty. Very nice selection of wines both by the glass and bottle. Our waiter Michael was most attentive and efficient. Overall we enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014Excellent food and service, and very enjoyable for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!JksamDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. Our steaks were prepared perfectly. Great place to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experiencescubahoopsDined on 10/11/2014The food was very good, service was great and the overall experience there was very good. Because of price it isn't somewhere we will go very often but for a special occasion it is a great place to go.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFoodForThought2014Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary at Sullivan's, and had a great experience. Dinner was excellent, and at least a half dozen staff members came by to congratulate us, including the manager. They also comped two glasses of champagne and our dessert. Really fine service and fine dining. Perhaps a bit pricey for an ordinary night out, but great for a special occasion. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Was a wonderful overall experience. Service was just right, the wine list more than adequate and the food superb. A fine place to course and enjoy the evening if that's Your thing. Five star experience right in the neighborhood so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review 10-4-2014OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Food was outstanding! Went with my wife. She was a little taken aback by how short the female servers' skirts were. She considered it distracting from the ambiance overall and bordering on poor taste. Server was very attentive and sociable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and two boys went to dinner here for our 12th anniversary. The menu was great and the food was delicious. Our waiter Eric was great and always came back to make sure everything was ok. I loved the atmosphere and I look forward to coming here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodPhilDined on 9/27/2014The food is outstanding. The quality of steaks and the care in their preparation is fantastic. The shrimp and lobster bisque is remarkable.Special Features:
- Lovely way to celebrate AnniversaryJoanneDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner and took advantage of Arizonans restaurant week. Enjoyed Sea Bass special. Our waiter Brandon was great and attentive. He also brought us a delicious banana bread pudding on the house to celebrate our anniversary. Prices a little too high since it's not Las Vegas or New York, but still good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionCelebrationDined on 9/20/2014A party of five for a mini celebration. Food was excellent, and the wait staff made us all feel special. Get Sarah in the bar to get you a "knockout"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hold The Salt!azsteve1Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating her birthday so thought it would be a real treat to go to Sullivan's. Were surprised to find the hostess wearing a U of A jersey, short skirt and fishnet hose. Her dress didn't seem to fit the ambiance of the restaurant (better fit for a campus bar). We ordered appetizers, salads, and pricey entrees. Quality of the food was good UNTIL we got our entrees. They were both EXTREMELY salty. We talked to our waiter and he apologized and said we might want to order "lightly seasoned" next time. Management came around and said they would take $25 off our bill. This was nice, but we would have rather had a good meal as our total bill was still over $150. Perhaps the chef should just hold the salt next time!Special Features:
- Parties, parties, partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014There were at least 3 parties happening at the same time in the dining room which created a nosier atmosphere. Maybe the number of parties should be limited and only allowed to happen in the upper level dining area. I was VERY impressed by the server but the noise was too much to have going on for our occasion. The food didn't "WOW" me like I thought it would. I had the lamb chops. They were good but not great. Not to sound like I'm had to please but for the pricing I expected more.Special Features:
- Five StarsDaJeDined on 9/5/2014The service was excellent and the meal perfect. We could not have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining, but Not Fine FoodAnnivBustDined on 9/4/2014Sullivan's reputation for fine dining comes certain expectations...for item price, I expected an excellent cut of meat, it was. I also expected excellent preparation, it was not. The filets were ordered medium rare. They were received med rare but over cooked on the outside to the point were they were dry. A disappointment.Special Features:
- MikeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food, wine list and service! We had the bottle of wine special, and the filet/lobster special--delicious! The kale salad is a great addition.Special Features:
- BEST STEAKHOUSE IN TUCSON!!!!!TheSpiegelsDined on 8/28/2014We had the absolute best experience!! The staff was impeccable! They were on top of every request, they made mine & my husbands anniversary so special, especially since he was leaving the next day to go back to Afghanistan. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone to try!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner.JerseyGirlDined on 8/28/2014Our first time here. We had the prix fixed dinner. The shrimp cocktail - 3 tasty meaty shrimp, the shrimp lobster bisque- yum, the steak - cooked and sliced perfectly. It was a Thurs night and the restaurant was not that busy. We had great service from all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak joint with great apps!BsalvagDined on 8/23/2014If you go to Sullivan'syou gave to try their cheese steak egg rolls and the roasted garlic meatballs, absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- WonderfulDTSTVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had an excellent meal and fabulous bottle of wine. Staff was very accommodating as was the highly personable general manager. Thanks for a wonderful birthday dinner for our daughter.Special Features:
- Special OccasionBmatt3rdDined on 8/21/2014We've dined at several Del Frisco locations and this Sullivan's is on par with the others. Service was outstanding! The "Prix Fixe" menu appears as a bargain and we both chose (although we chose different versions) this option. The options were well thought out but the filet mignon and the sliced New York strip were not as tasty as those choices on the main menu. This was my wife's 74th birthday and the restaurant offered a very generous free desert. She chose the Key Lime Pie and it was terrific. Thanks to the restaurant for making this a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AmbienceAZcollectorDined on 8/14/2014Better than typical steakhouse chain restaurants; friendly service; good prices, particularly on specials and prix fixe meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KyraKew4Dined on 8/10/2014Service was awesome and the waitress was great. Amazing prime rib and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.