Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
1785 East River Road
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5202994275x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jonny Ricketts
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Sunday
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (33)notable wine list (25)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and two boys went to dinner here for our 12th anniversary. The menu was great and the food was delicious. Our waiter Eric was great and always came back to make sure everything was ok. I loved the atmosphere and I look forward to coming here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodPhilDined on 9/27/2014The food is outstanding. The quality of steaks and the care in their preparation is fantastic. The shrimp and lobster bisque is remarkable.Special Features:
- Lovely way to celebrate AnniversaryJoanneDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner and took advantage of Arizonans restaurant week. Enjoyed Sea Bass special. Our waiter Brandon was great and attentive. He also brought us a delicious banana bread pudding on the house to celebrate our anniversary. Prices a little too high since it's not Las Vegas or New York, but still good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionCelebrationDined on 9/20/2014A party of five for a mini celebration. Food was excellent, and the wait staff made us all feel special. Get Sarah in the bar to get you a "knockout"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hold The Salt!azsteve1Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating her birthday so thought it would be a real treat to go to Sullivan's. Were surprised to find the hostess wearing a U of A jersey, short skirt and fishnet hose. Her dress didn't seem to fit the ambiance of the restaurant (better fit for a campus bar). We ordered appetizers, salads, and pricey entrees. Quality of the food was good UNTIL we got our entrees. They were both EXTREMELY salty. We talked to our waiter and he apologized and said we might want to order "lightly seasoned" next time. Management came around and said they would take $25 off our bill. This was nice, but we would have rather had a good meal as our total bill was still over $150. Perhaps the chef should just hold the salt next time!Special Features:
- Parties, parties, partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014There were at least 3 parties happening at the same time in the dining room which created a nosier atmosphere. Maybe the number of parties should be limited and only allowed to happen in the upper level dining area. I was VERY impressed by the server but the noise was too much to have going on for our occasion. The food didn't "WOW" me like I thought it would. I had the lamb chops. They were good but not great. Not to sound like I'm had to please but for the pricing I expected more.Special Features:
- Five StarsDaJeDined on 9/5/2014The service was excellent and the meal perfect. We could not have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining, but Not Fine FoodAnnivBustDined on 9/4/2014Sullivan's reputation for fine dining comes certain expectations...for item price, I expected an excellent cut of meat, it was. I also expected excellent preparation, it was not. The filets were ordered medium rare. They were received med rare but over cooked on the outside to the point were they were dry. A disappointment.Special Features:
- MikeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food, wine list and service! We had the bottle of wine special, and the filet/lobster special--delicious! The kale salad is a great addition.Special Features:
- BEST STEAKHOUSE IN TUCSON!!!!!TheSpiegelsDined on 8/28/2014We had the absolute best experience!! The staff was impeccable! They were on top of every request, they made mine & my husbands anniversary so special, especially since he was leaving the next day to go back to Afghanistan. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone to try!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner.JerseyGirlDined on 8/28/2014Our first time here. We had the prix fixed dinner. The shrimp cocktail - 3 tasty meaty shrimp, the shrimp lobster bisque- yum, the steak - cooked and sliced perfectly. It was a Thurs night and the restaurant was not that busy. We had great service from all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak joint with great apps!BsalvagDined on 8/23/2014If you go to Sullivan'syou gave to try their cheese steak egg rolls and the roasted garlic meatballs, absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- WonderfulDTSTVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had an excellent meal and fabulous bottle of wine. Staff was very accommodating as was the highly personable general manager. Thanks for a wonderful birthday dinner for our daughter.Special Features:
- Special OccasionBmatt3rdDined on 8/21/2014We've dined at several Del Frisco locations and this Sullivan's is on par with the others. Service was outstanding! The "Prix Fixe" menu appears as a bargain and we both chose (although we chose different versions) this option. The options were well thought out but the filet mignon and the sliced New York strip were not as tasty as those choices on the main menu. This was my wife's 74th birthday and the restaurant offered a very generous free desert. She chose the Key Lime Pie and it was terrific. Thanks to the restaurant for making this a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AmbienceAZcollectorDined on 8/14/2014Better than typical steakhouse chain restaurants; friendly service; good prices, particularly on specials and prix fixe meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KyraKew4Dined on 8/10/2014Service was awesome and the waitress was great. Amazing prime rib and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to treat a Lady?1DozDined on 8/9/2014Take her to Sullivan's for a memorable meal. We've been there several times and have never been disappointed. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:
- AnniversaryTheophilus360Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I first visited Sullivan's for our 5th Anniversary recently. We were more than impressed. The atmosphere was nice and quiet where we were sitting. The dress code ranged from people wearing casual all the way up to formal dress. Our wait staff was not only attentive but was pleasant and willing to give recommendations on pairing of wine with the dinners. I can't say enough good things about the food. From appetizers to dessert it was all amazing. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and after our first bite we just sat quietly and enjoyed the experience for a few moments. Sullivan's became our "go to" for special occasions on our first visit and we are already looking forward to going back again in the near future.Special Features:
- Fish at a SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014my girlfriend and I had dinner the other night both ordered fish both tasted fishy and overcooked.always good ambience. but order a steak!Special Features:
- Best steak in TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014We've been to Sullivan's several times and are never disappointed. This visit was to celebrate my partner's retirement. Our waiter, Tyler, was gracious and attentive without being "snooty". He kept our champagne glasses full and genuinely joined in our lee ration. The menu is standard upscale steakhouse fare. We had salads, steak (my partner had the bone-in ribeye and I the dry aged New York strip) with white cheddar au gratin potatoes for a side. The salads we refresh and crisp; steaks prepared as ordered, and the potatoes were excellent. Be sure to ask for a table away from the bar, which can be quite noisy!Special Features:
- 5 starcmsfromMichiganDined on 7/30/2014A friend and I had lunch and the service was excellent. The waitress made a suggestion or two that was taken. Served timely and hot like it should be. Late lunch as I am retired and will not go to a lunch at noon out of courtesy for those still working and on limited time lunch hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksPickyEaterDined on 7/29/2014My wife and her business partner took us spouses out to Sullivan's to celebrate a tough work week. We had a wonderful time, as usual, and the food was delicious. The service was uncharacteristically inattentive, but not totally absent. Highly recommended for the Ancho Chile Ribeye or scallops.Special Features:
- Guy's Night OutGhostRiderDined on 7/28/2014Some co-workers and I scheduled a "guy's night out" to socialize away from work and have a good meal. Sullivan's was recommended by the one local in our group, as the rest of us are recently relocated to Tucson. What a great recommendation! Naturally, we all love steak and each of us received a perfectly cooked NY Strip. Our waiter Javier was very attentive and flexible. We never felt rushed and our drinks never sat unfilled. We went on a Monday evening, so the restaurant was never more than half-full and the atmosphere was comfortable. While the price was a bit more than I'd normally pay for a dinner out, the quality of the food and service were outstanding, so well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placejremlapDined on 7/26/2014The evening exceeded our expectations for a special occasion dinner. Great service perfectly paced, and excellent food - no too saucy or salty, as can often be the case.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant and lounge are nice and well appointed. The staff is well trained and you are welcomed from the time you enter the establishment. The wait staff in the lounge is attentive and friendly. The dining room experience was excellent. The table service was attentive with good wine and menu suggestions. The food was cooked precisely as ordered and it was prompt and well presented. And our server, Sarah Price could not have been any nicer or better trained. This was not my first time at Sullivan's and I can say, without reservation, that I've never had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- Delicious SteakAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 7/20/2014Service was excellent - attentive but not intrusive. Mac and cheese was tastySpecial Features:
- Son's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Steaks were excellent as always. Was disappointed in the small side dish (white cheddar potatoes,maybe 1 1/2 potatoes). Coffee was lukewarm at best (and I bragged about great coffee). Jenna very accommodating. Tremendous job wishing my son happy birthday! Wonderful cake presentation with birthday wishes written in chocolate. Monday night, very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite What It Use To BeNovemberbrideVIPDined on 7/13/2014Sullivans actually used to be a much better value than it is now. The food portions have gone down dramatically while the prices have risen. I ordered a 6 oz filet mignon. It came on a gigantic white plate and resembled a hockey puck on this much too large for my steak, plate. For almost $10 I ordered a side of "grilled asparagus" that was actually sautéed asparagus. There was no seasoning on the asparagus. The steak was cooked to my liking but it looked very incomplete on my huge plate. I had read so many great reviews on what Sullivan's used to be like and was disappointed that it doesn't live up to those reviews any more. The service was great though and the restaurant is quite charming looking.Special Features:
- DisappointedEricVIPDined on 7/3/2014Maybe we simply had a bad waiter, but service was not up-to-par with the quality you can expect fron this type of restaurant. The 3 of us ordered appetizers, entrees....my friend s appetizer was served first and we had to wait 15 mns for the 2 others to come to table (after I gently pointed it out to waiter). Onion soup was very salty. Steaks and lobster great. But again our waiter was nowhere to be seen when we needed him and the restaurant was 60-70% empty. I will stick with Flemings next time, always had consistent great service there.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulMaggieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had dinner for my husband's BD. Service was exquisite, food marvelous etc. etc. Our waiter Brad was cute as could be. He forgot our soup but bent over backward to please us, complimentary dessert and even offering to send home some of the French onion that we didn't get served. After teasing him we told him that it would be a wonderful treat to try next visit. Since it is probably the best restaurant in Tucson we shall return soon. So few restaurants are worth the price but this one isSpecial Features:
- Consistently Very GoodDLSmithDined on 6/21/2014We returned to Sullivan's to try their summer steak and lobster special. The food and service is consistently very good and make it a pleasure to come back.Special Features:
- DianeDvr22Dined on 6/20/2014We had a couple mistakes with our food order but the management and staff went beyond our expectations correcting the issues and left us with an amazing experience. A plus for service and food. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to the other steakhouse!NancyInPortlandVIPDined on 6/15/2014You have a choice of steakhouses in Tucson and I would definitely advise spending your money at the other steakhouse beginning with the letter F where they have done an outstanding job of training their young staff, impeccably for Tucson, from the bussing to waiters to using far better quality ingredients for a few dollars more. We won't be back to Sullivan's as we rather spend more and get far better quality ingredients, delicious food and trained staff. Del Friscos parent company of Sullivan's better get their act together...it would be nice to have an alternative venue but I'm not going to support a restauant that's completely lost it...good luck Sullivan's you are sinking further down the whole...very sad!Special Features:
- We so enjoy itosixcpaDined on 6/15/2014A special occasion place that has good food, good service, good wine. Attentive service. If the wind ever stops blowing we would love to enjoy the patio dining.Special Features:
- The following 828 reviews are from the Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson reviews archive.
- Great steak!Gary144manDined on 5/31/2014Possible the most tender I've had almost anywhere....Special Features:
- Dinner with WifeArizonaDiningDined on 5/31/2014We were visiting Tucson from our home in Scottsdale. I had nice lunches before with customers. Service and attention by management were outstanding, but they over cooked my steak. To request another steak would have ruined the dinner for my wife so I didn't complain. The Pinot wine (brand name Meiomi) was great. Try it. It is lighter than most Pinot's like an infusion of a little Syrah has been added). The atmosphere was nice like most upscale restaurants of this kind. It was an enjoyable dinner experienceSpecial Features:
- SulliespanchoDined on 5/30/2014My wife enjoyed it very much. The staff amazing and friendly. Made us feel right at home. The bartenders, Clayton and Kaylee were great. Definelty will be back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This place is great for special occasions but because of the prices it would not be in my budget for a monthly visit. I'd say once a year is all I'd be able to afford. The prices are a bit over the top. I understand the overhead they must have but $8 for a baked potato is a bit much. My steak was well done when I'd asked for a very pink medium. The taste was still very good so I didn't complain. The service is slow. I suppose you're to enjoy the ambiance with long breaks between the soup and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivans hosts Adult PromTHCCDinerDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I enjoyed ourselves this weekend at Sullivans Adult Prom. General Manager, John Hackett created a great special event - great food, fun atmosphere, an 80's DJ with dance floor and even Prom door prizes! It was fun. It's a great venue for a dinner night out or a special event!Special Features:
- classy service in classy restaurantGoodSteakAfficienadoDined on 5/17/2014We arrived at 6:28 pm for a 6:30 reservation and were promptly seated. Service matched the quality of the restaurant, which is to say outstanding. Server made thoughtful recommendations and observations since we had never been to Sullivans. It was an outstanding evening.Special Features: