Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle
621 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2064944442x
- Hours of Operation:
Late-Night Happy Hour 11:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Zach Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spanning two stories, the layout includes a dedicated lounge with cozy booths, cocktail tables and bar top seating for 20. The sprawling, handsomely appointed main dining room is filled with colorful paintings, crisp linens and fresh flowers with seating for 200 Seattle diners in comfortable booths or at spacious tables on the main floor. The downstairs private dining room features 10’ drop screen and State-of-the-Art Audio visual with seating for 50. A dramatic staircase leads up to a second private dining room to accommodate 75 of your closest friends, clients or business partners.
- Entertainment: Sullivan's Steakhouse offers live music Monday-Saturday in the lounge. You can find Seattle's best musicians playing the baby grand piano accompanied by up-right bass, guitar or a full trio. The party really gets started on Thursdays at "Swingin at Sully's" when happy hour goes all-night long.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (39)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- superb steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We discovered Sullivan's two years ago while in Seattle. Naturally, this visit had to include another visit. The very best steaks ever and it was a great place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- To saltySimplepeepsDined on 8/17/2014The service good food a little to salty General manager made rounds on guest that had dinner never came around again to ask when others got food. Incocsistancy to all guest . We knowtist this and think is was a great thing for GM to do table checks but needs to consistent . To many tables for server to give above average service . He was a good server but didn't give above average table service because he had to many tables. Thing like proper table bussing thru out meal .inconsistant garnish for drinks first beer with lemon garnish second none .Really to salty for price steak was tough but cooked great . if the general manager made rounds to new guest she I would have told her myself .Special Features:
- Fish TacosNicekatDined on 8/13/2014I was disappointed with the fish tacos. Very little fish and just a small scattering of lettuce. Honestly, the fish tacos are better at Taco Time.
- Betsysub111Dined on 8/10/2014Sullivan's was an awesome restaurant. The wait staff was wonderful and attentive without being annoying. The food was delicious! The main thing that would keep me from going back weekly was that it is expensive. Expensive but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure ThingEddieDined on 8/9/2014Got the three course "sure thing" selection. I've been to fancy establishments where you have to order a bunch of sides to make your meal filling. Between the bread and the "sure thing" I couldn't finish my steak. My wife had the sure thing as well and I found her filet minion was better than the strip (shocking). Good selection of local spirits including a gin from Everett that was great. Their signature drink was excellent as well. I drank to many and can't remember what it was called. The bourbon steak sauce was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandBDined on 8/6/2014All staff were personable but our waiter was the best. The salmon was done to perfection. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and they made it a very happy event. Thank you Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backPNWMANDined on 8/5/2014Dinner was superb pre theater. Waiter kept us on schedule and the courses where not rushed. Felt we had persona service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diners.DonnaDined on 8/2/2014First time eating here and enjoy it very much. Food and service was outstanding. Liked the menu with individual items or choose items from a 3 course meal at a set price. Live music in the bar could be heard from our table which was nice as it was not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentrobinsnestVIPDined on 7/30/2014The service was terrific and the food very good. The waitress was attentive and anticipated everything and the hostess helped out when she saw something was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A business lunch favoriteLeslieDined on 7/28/2014I can always count on a great lunch. There is a great variety of menu items, the food is served timely and the ambience is conducive for business.Special Features:
- Fine food and serviceWiscguyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Hot spot kind of bar with entertainment! The food and service was very good with reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great for hosting clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The atmosphere was great. The wine list exceptional. Food amazing. We hosted some key clients and would do so again.Special Features:
- Service was disappointingMikeVIPDined on 7/17/2014Read the good reviews on Open Table so my wife and I decided to try this place. We arrived early so very few dinner customers (bar was full). Nonetheless, we were walked all the way to the back of the restaurant (quite a long walk) to the table right next to the kitchen entrance door, despite there being at least 10 to 12 open tables in that section of the restaurant. Server got my soup order wrong; bread removed from the table just before delivery of the entree (I've never seen that before); and "healthy" salad was inedible. Won't visit here again.
- Excellent steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Food was wonderful and service was great. We will go back and definitely on the favorite list now. Relieved to find an exceptional steakhouse in downtown Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014Sullivan's presents itself in the image of a great, old school steakhouse, reimagined with modern ingredients, prepration, and style. My wife and I had a really exceptional meal here on a Sunday night (Half off on wine on Sundays! Imagine a $100 bottle of wine for $50!). My steak was an excellent cut, perfectly done, my wife's salmon the same. It's a bit pricy, but you understand why when the food is served. It's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!RickDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Sullivan's several times, normally prior to a musical at the 5th Avenue Theater. Prices are a little high so we usually order from the 3 course fixed price ($39) menu. There are a limited number of entrees, a small filet, salmon and another sliced steak if I remember correctly. The starters are very good and a fairly large portion size. Salads are good. What really sets Sullivan's apart is the service, both in the restaurant and later, if you give them your contact information. We normally get a card in the mail good for a free desert once or twice a year. We also received a hand written thank you note from our server today, four days after our visit.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceLTEODined on 7/9/2014Wait staff was great. Food good but extremely expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good!foshoDined on 7/4/2014The place seemed popular by the locals, and I can see why. The food was great, the style was throwback (new stuff, not throwback as in 50 year old furniture), and our waitress, Mary, made us feel very welcome and was great. Good place. If there was a Sullivan's where we live, we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place !ohsogrumpyDined on 7/2/2014Will definitely return again ! Loved the house drink the knockout. We had a party of six and we all loved our meals ranging from filets to salmon to fries ! Our teens loved the menu and we all loved the service.Special Features:
- Great business lunch spotSnowSnobDined on 6/26/2014I was pleasantly surprised by our visit as I always think of Sullivan's being more of a chain. The three of us ordered different salads and all were delicious. I particularly enjoyed the kale salad with salmon. It was really flavorful and filling. I'll definitely be going back and ordering that!Special Features:
- Visiting SeattleDinewithMOMnDADDined on 6/21/2014Expected something more upscale based on Open Table reviews. Service was great! Food was good value for money. Live music was disappointing.Special Features:
- Our favorite RestarauntSandyDined on 6/17/2014We've been to Sullivan's many times and it's one of our favorites. They send us a card for our anniversary and birthdays and give us a free dessert. We reserved a table on our anniversary and they made it very special. Everyone was wonderful and wished us a happy anniversary. They took our picture and all signed the framed picture wishing us a happy anniversary. The Manager stops by and visits every time we've been in. She is very pleasant. It was such a wonderful time we recommended our kids to go the following weekend for their anniversary and they had a wonderful time as well. Thanks for the wonderful food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed !ShoshDined on 6/15/2014Very nice atmosphere, beautiful and tasty food, great staff. Everything was presented beautifully, but staff could have paid us a little more attention.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerfoodieforlifeDined on 6/15/2014We had great service this evening; however missed the valet parking. Did not realize it is not provided on Sundays. I think it should have been offered on a special day such as Father's Day. I had the prime rib special which was excellent and a very nice size!! My wife had the halibut special that evening and it was also excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Not just for steakJoeSVIPDined on 6/15/2014Another great dinner. I had the lobster trio, good portions and cooked perfectly. My wife had the halibut and she said it was as good as it gets. Even though we think of this as a steak place their fish and seafood is almost always spectacular. The have a great bar and Brandy is a great bartender who really pays attention to her customers. All of the wait staff, management and hostesses have great personalities and make this a fun place to eat in addition to great food. Stephanie in particular was very interesting and knowledgeable about the whole sports theme. A great evening before the play.Special Features:
- formula with flairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Don't usually patronize national chains for up-scale dining experiences, my experience is that the locals do it better (Daniels, El Gaucho, the Met). I was surprised that at every step of the way Sullivans performed at a high level (and at a cheaper price). Professional service that was knowledgeable, quick and friendly. Prime rib was the best I've had in a while. Only off note was the over-oily shaved brussel sprouts. Half off wines over $75 on Sunday nights, with a good selection of wines to choose from makes if a great place to end a busy weekend with a treat. Plus they know how to make a Manhattan. Pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMMM :PAndreyDined on 6/14/2014I ordered a Filet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly. Very flavorful and delicious. Broiled Salmon wasn't bad either, but their steak is definitely the way to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, great service. We were celebrating my husbands birthday and they sent us home with a very nice picture of the two of us. Very nice touch!Special Features:
- Pre-Theater dinnerDavidDined on 6/14/2014My party of 4 made reservations for a 6:15 pm dinner, contemplating an 8:00 pm curtain at the nearby 5th Avenue Theatre. Our salads were all fresh and crisp. I had a bleu cheese wedge salad that was delicious. Our main courses consisted of bone-in ribeyes, halibut on a bed of salad and sea bass. Side dishes were Brussels sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes. In addition to my delicious medium rare steak, I sampled a bite of the sea bass, and it was spectacular. The food preparation was outstanding, and all delivered to our table together, and hot. Because we were a little pressed for time and very full, we opted for coffee and tea instead of a dessert. Next time, I will order a smaller steak, and be sure to sample a dessert!Special Features:
- MelanieDined on 6/12/2014Our server was personable, informative and our steaks were delicious! I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service amazingly poor!elaineVIPDined on 6/10/2014i've eaten out a lot, but this was an experience i've never had, nor care to have again. i asked for my steak without any sauce. when it was put down it looked very moist, as if a sauce on top. i asked the waitress to please just verify with the kitchen that there was no sauce. instead, she took a cloth napkin she was holding (and i don't know where that was before this) and patted my steak with it to show me no sauce--but the napkin was wet when she was done so not sure what she was trying to prove. that's got to be against some public health law!Special Features:
- Great Bar menuUmbrellaDrinksDined on 6/7/2014Traffic screwed us with a bridge closure and a 1.5 hour delay crossing I-90 from the Eastside... so we were very late for our reservation. I actually called and cancelled so we wouldn't hold up a table. Since we were running behind we decided to just sit in the bar and have an appetizer before heading to our next reservation for a show. We sat down and told the bartender we didn't have much time to eat. He suggested things that would be fast and we both ordered steak slices with mashed potatoes. It made the perfect quick meal, and very tasty. Wish we had a Sullivan's on the East-Side.Special Features:
- Perfect Before Theater DinnerKathyTVIPDined on 6/4/2014We wanted a place to have a nice meal before going to a production at the Paramount. Despite one member of our party arriving 45 minutes late, the waitress delivered our meals in a timely fashion and we made it to the play in time. Kudos to her for that! My sea bass was done to perfection and the kale salad was excellent. My husband's broiled salmon very tasty as was the Casear Salad and the spicy calamari that came with his meal. The other two meals, both steaks from the Prix Fix menu were perfectly cooked, even if consumed in haste. We requested a quiet table so we could hold a conversation and, despite the fact that the restaurant was very busy, we were easily able to hear one another. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceHankDined on 6/3/2014WE had a slight communication glitch regarding parking, (valet parking not avail Mon and Tues) but found a public garage nearby. With our request we were seated a a quiet area. Service was spectacular with water and drink order within seconds of arrival at our table. A warm loaf of bread and a perfect martini took away the residual stress from traffic and parking. We used the Prie Fixe menu which gave good value for a three course meal. The appetizers were delicious, salads generous and fresh, and the steaks perfect to order. The house merlot was premium! We declined dessert due to a show engagement following. Our waiter asked about a performance as we sat down and fit our service within our time schedule. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- DeeBeeDined on 5/31/2014Food was well prepared and presented, but some members of our party felt the prices were a little steep for what was received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect meal before the MusicalFoodjunkieVIPDined on 5/28/2014Sullivan's Steakhouse replace a restaurant that we had been to on several occasion. This was our first time at Sullivan's and enjoyed it! Service and food were very good. Our service was very good. Servers were attentive and aware of our time frame for the show at the Paramount. I had the filet and lobster and both were cook to perfection. I also had the side of asparagus and a chopped salad. My partner had the crab cake. The crab was excellent. We split the calamari as an appetizer. We used the valet parking and it was helpful since we had been advised by the Paramount to arrive early due to all the construction in the area. Overall it was a greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The food was spectacular. Service and wait staff super friendly. Would recommend this to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayflutetooterDined on 5/11/2014Had a special Mother's Day brunch. Usual tempting surprises on menu. Shrimp-lobster bisque was fantastic, and key lime pie was the best we ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak & FishWagonGirlDined on 5/5/2014Between the three of us we had the steak and the sea bass. All of it tender, juicy, and tasty. The baked potato and the Brussels sprouts were plenty to share. The made to order martini was perfect, and the Knockout really was just that, a vacation in a glass. Service was friendly, prompt, and unobtrusive. We found street parking half a block away. Can't wait to go there again!Special Features:
- AwesomejjbirdDined on 5/3/2014This place is just wonderful. Everything from food to service to ambiance. Or is our spot for all nights special to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.