Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle
621 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (206) 494-4442
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Zach Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spanning two stories, the layout includes a dedicated lounge with cozy booths, cocktail tables and bar top seating for 20. The sprawling, handsomely appointed main dining room is filled with colorful paintings, crisp linens and fresh flowers with seating for 200 Seattle diners in comfortable booths or at spacious tables on the main floor. The downstairs private dining room features 10’ drop screen and State-of-the-Art Audio visual with seating for 50. A dramatic staircase leads up to a second private dining room to accommodate 75 of your closest friends, clients or business partners.
- Entertainment: Sullivan's Steakhouse offers live music Monday-Saturday in the lounge. You can find Seattle's best musicians playing the baby grand piano accompanied by up-right bass, guitar or a full trio. The party really gets started on Thursdays at "Swingin at Sully's" when happy hour goes all-night long.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)good for groups (43)romantic (42)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (24)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Date Night Spot!kevangDined on 11/15/2014My husband couldn't make up his mind what he wanted to do for his birthday. I made a last minute reservation, noted it was his birthday. The server greeted him by name when we got there, had him sample some bourbons he hadn't tried, and accommodated my finicky wine needs. We started with the unique Philly egg roll. It was delicious. The combination of cheese stake, cheese and egg roll worked perfectly together. My husband got the rib-eye on the bone cooked Pittsburgh Rare and I got the filet trio cooked medium rare. Both entree's were cooked to perfection. The filet trio offered great flavor variation. We got a bottle of wine and the Sommeleir helped me pick it out. I appreciated she didn't try to direct me into a selection outside of the price range I wanted to spend. To top it off they had great dessert to finish up the excellent meal. Sullivan's exceeded our expectations this last weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before ACT TheatreSophiaDined on 11/12/2014Our group of 6 wanted a place within walking distance to ACT and Sullivan's was very accommodating. Food was good, service very nice, they held our leftovers for pick up after the play. I'd definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend to everyoneAmustgo2placeDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant not only has the best food but the staff made it even better! It truly made our wedding an even more memorable event. The waitress treated us to a glass of champagne and desert and went out of her way to make it an awesome night. The atmosphere was incredible and paired with a fabulous menu can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOutandaboutDined on 11/8/2014Dinner was excellent. Be ready to spend some money, but you get the quality that you are paying for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aptmnt8Dined on 11/6/2014Thoroughy enjoyed my experience at Sullivan's. There's live entertainment near the bar, so ask for a table if you're not into all the noise. Our party had the NY Strip and Salmon; both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackmoDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I had dinner there and had a wonderful time. The food was great, as was the service. It was our first time eating there and we will return sometime.Special Features:
- Service was InattentivejimofseattleVIPDined on 11/5/2014We went to this place for lunch, ordering two tenderloin steaks and one Caesar salad. When, after more than twenty minutes, the salad had not arrived, I went in search of our waiter. He apologized for his oversight, and said our steaks were on the way. When the steaks were delivered they showed signs of having been held under a warming lamp for way too long. We asked that the steaks be prepared fresh. About fifteen minutes later the manager delivered properly prepared steaks and another apology. We were surprised and dismayed by the poor service and by the first entrees which left the kitchen with the approval of the chef.
- Great Place!FoodieDined on 11/1/2014I would go here again for another birthday party. Excellent customer service and food! You may have to pay for parking since parking can a be a pain. Other than that, great place to eat Steak. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodFoodieDined on 11/1/2014The food was terrific and the service was great. I would definitely eat there again and recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- Great mealBelltowngirlVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had a great time. The bar happy hour was loud and impossible to walk thru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCWDenverGuyDined on 10/30/2014Great tastes, not as expensive as I thought, especially the mixer for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service?dinneroverDined on 10/28/2014Worst service ever in downtown restaurant. When asked for the manager, she could care less. Same attitude as our server. Too bad since there food is really good.Special Features:
- Sullivan'sMikkiDined on 10/27/2014Had a great dinner here! It as restaurant week so there was a great price for a terrific meal. Terrific Caesar Salad and steak was seasoned beautifully. My first bite seemed too well done so even though I said it was fine--the amazing waitress had them cook me a new one. The chef himself brought it out to check that it was done perfectly! They are fantastic and aim to please! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Great mealBelltowngirlVIPDined on 10/26/2014We had such a great time. The food was great we went for Seattle restaurant week our third steak place in a week and we're blown away by the value and selections. As opposed to our other visits we were made to feel like bargain hunters. Nick is great waiter and manager Stephanie went above and beyond but we had no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFooderDined on 10/24/2014Great restaurant, best salmon I ever had. The wsite suggested the right things for us and made sure we could get out in time for our theater show. Will go again...and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week!ddaemiliDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I went to enjoy the restaurant week dinner. She ordered filet mignon with 5 dollar extra and I ordered new york strip. I loved the meal.Special Features:
- Seattle Restaurant WeekBesMarkorenVIPDined on 10/22/2014Best 3 course selection ! Service was prompt and friendly - even though the place was crowded. Restarant management was visible and asked if our meal was ok - nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The Great Meal I'd Hoped ForHungryManDined on 10/22/2014I have been to Sullivan's many times. The food is usually great, except for this time. Onion soup overcooked. Fillet undercooked. Portions for the side dishes are much smaller.
- BusinessDinerDined on 10/22/2014Excellent service and meal. We dined during Seattle Restaurant Week and the menu was diverse and appeal to all in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice week day mealluvtoeatVIPDined on 10/22/2014The service was excellent the ambiance was fine. I was a little disappointed that the steak was a little grizzly this time--but the fish was good.Special Features:
- High Prices Low ServicePracticingFoodieDined on 10/21/2014Went here before going out to a musical. It is restaurant week, so score right? The meal was mostly good. The Vegetables were uninspiring. The meat was great. The Drinks although great took a long time coming. Bread arrived way after it should have and the waiter was confused after we pointed out that we got a wrong desert. Especially since we had agreed to an up charge for swapping out from the fixed menu. I know its restaurant week. However their showcase of who they are to us was flat.Special Features:
- Seattle Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014I went before a show at the 5th Avenue for Seattle Restaurant Week. I never order a New York Steak but since that is what was on the menu, I got that. It was perfect. I was very pleasantly surprised. Definitely made me want to go back and try their other steaks. Service was great, very personable.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekBarbin09Dined on 10/21/2014Five of us were here for dinner during Seattle Restaurant Week before going to a play at ACT. Location for ACT is perfect. Service was exceptional, from our waiter Drew to the manager stopping by and the group that delivered entrees to each of us - faultless. We all loved our appetizers and entrees (sea bass and steak), very generous servings for the $30 option. Desserts were also good, although the fresh strawberries with chocolate were not as good as the mousse or bread pudding.Special Features:
- noise leveltechnocpaDined on 10/21/2014It nice to have a lunch meeting and actually be able to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLyleVIPDined on 10/20/2014we were very pleased with the menu offered on the $30.00 promotion, the food was excellent, we plan to return
- Has potentialskdispickyDined on 10/19/2014They did absolutely the best spicy calamari we've ever eaten and the appetizer size was enough for an entrée. The bread while hot was still in the experimental stage--needed some whole grains to make it worth the calories. My linguini primavera needed more of a selection of vegetables to add to the flavor and color. My husband had the New York steak--thin but quite tasty. The Caesar salad was drenched in a weak dressing -- definitely needed something to jazz up the taste. The wait staff was friendly and efficient.
- RoninTucsonVIPDined on 10/18/2014We go often to the Sullivans in Tucson but this was our first time at Sullivan's in Seattle. I have many fond memories of the old USG which was in that location for many years. My meal was wonderful: beginning with a perfect martini, through deliciously fresh oysters, to perfectly prepared lamb chops. My wife claims her sea bass was the best she had ever had. The quality of the food and proximity to ACT and the 5th Avenue theaters will draw us back frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimeTiffany7Dined on 10/16/2014This was our first time to dine at Sullivan's. The food was good. The service was exceptional. It was theatre night so our server made sure we were ou in plenty of time and she. Made good recommendations for us to order. They are on Passport Dining so it makes it even more affordable. We might try their Happy Hour next go around. They do need to order small plastic bags for their to go boxes so they don't leak. We would go back.Special Features:
- Consistently StrongJMAC1Dined on 10/15/2014I had a small group out for dinner. We were looking for a good steak but did not want a stuffy environment. We had a great wait staff. The steaks were exactly as we wanted and teh atmosphere delivered some great memories. Coudl not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Not impressedSatisfiedVIPDined on 10/14/2014I arrived & told the server that I wanted to take my time for a leisurely dinner. I ordered a martini. When he brought it he asked if I was ready to order. I again told him that I just got my martini and wanted to enjoy that first. He came back two more times before I drank my martini. On the second time I ordered an appetizer. When my dinner comes out from another server there is only a steak. I ate half of my steak before the original server came back and he told me that he did not put the order in. What an outcome for simply wanting to have an pleasant meal. I would have thought that they would have offered to rectify the matter with me in some fashion. They did not. I will not go back as there are too many great alternatives.
- Great spot and amazing food!BostoncrewDined on 9/27/2014We stayed downtown and had our group dine at Sullivan's before a concert at Key Arena. Great location, wonderful food and service. We were full from drinks, dinner and dessert and ready to enjoy a concert at Key Arena! This will definitely be our go to spot for future events while staying in Seattle. Stephanie and service staff was impeccable and accommodating as always! THANK YOU!Special Features:
- jrliuJRLiuDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding staff! Very attentive and friendly. Food was excellent and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKenSDined on 9/24/2014Reannen was a detail oriented pro who made our dining experience a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Resturant.SomeGuyDined on 9/22/2014The food was amazing the first time my girlfriend and I went, but on this visit, it wasn't quite as delisious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBelltowngirlVIPDined on 9/20/2014We dine here often and are never disappointed. There service is always great and swift. The seasonal favorites are always spot on but make it hard decide. The desserts make a great finale and are just the right size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance and ServiceRutmanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately the food was just ok. The presentation was fairly plain, and so was the food. I had the $42 fixed price meal. The shrimp were a little mushy, the lobster bisque was good, and the beef filet was sadly on the tough and greasy side for a filet. It reminded me more of a NY Strip. The service and decor was definitely a cut above the food quality. I noticed the recent reviews of this restaurant were mixed. I now understand why.Special Features:
- DissapointingFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014The special that my husband ordered--2 four-ounce fillets--were maybe two ounces total. A complete joke and of course he left hungry and had to eat again. Absolutely ridiculous and they should be embarrassed. Our server spent what felt like 15 minutes going over the menu in excruciating detail, like we'd never seen one before. We had a fixed amount of time for dinner because we were going to a show (told her at the outset about our time constraint) so we already knew what we wanted, but she wouldn't have any part of abbreviating her menu recitation. We had to leave before we could have dessert, which she seemed surprised by--we allocated 90 minutes for dinner which should have been plenty at 5 pm. Will be hard pressed to go back.
- Fantastic!!!!CynthiaDined on 9/13/2014A great place- wonderful staff and great food !!!!Special Features:
- fun times @ sully'sPMA1234Dined on 9/5/2014Went here with our whole family for my dad's birthday and had a great time - the restaurant was full and we were right in the middle of it, close enough to the bar to hear the live music, it was a great atmosphere. Wish the lighting had been a little dimmer, it was pretty bright and it kind of took away from the "nice restaurant" vibe. Waitress was very nice and attentive, she had a lot of help and we were always taken care of which was nice. Would definitely recommend this and will definitely go again - we all had the chef specials and they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehbingolongDined on 9/3/2014When you go to a steak house you expect a great steak. The New York strip was mediocre. Thankfully not a very large cut for the expensive tab.