Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh
414 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27603Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9198332888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Crawford
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz in the lounge Monday through Sunday.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (223)romantic (144)notable wine list (111)good for groups (78)fit for foodies (69)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (20)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The meal at the restaurant was great. We had 4 people in the party and all of us had a great experience. I was disappointed in the service overall at the restaurant. The last 2 times I came here, it appeared that the servers had very little knowledge of the good and didn't come around all that often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Another wonderful experience...you can't ever go wrong @Sullivan's. Love love LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary here and our limo was about 30 minutes late. I called the restaurant and I was assured that it wouldn't be a problem, our table would be ready for us when we arrived and it was no problem at all. The greeting staff were upbeat, friendly and courteous. Service staff prompt, efficient, attentive and eager to please. The food was absolutely delicious worth the price. We had a large party and were treated like we were the only customers there. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food was amazing and I will become a regular customer here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's Steakhouse a Raleigh GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We've eaten at Sullivan's numerous times now and it's always outstanding...from the waiters/waitresses to the food and drinks. This is an outstanding place to have a splendid dinner with someone special. The level of concern and professionalism shown by employees and management staff is commendable...from neat and professional demeanors to keen knowledge of the menu, to the way they make guests feel cared for and welcome. This time they had a special buffalo mozzarella and various tomatoes salad available that was a superb starter. After that, we had a delectable steak and lobster trio followed by a banana foster type desert--all of which were excellent. Thank you Sullivan's for making another dining experience special for us.Special Features:
- My customers like Sullivan's...bt102586Dined on 8/27/2014Good food but weirdly dark for a small, serious business dinner. Service good but a little overbearing. The waitress went thru the beer selection (no draughts!) and neglected to mention the locals. Wine selection excellent. A boisterous table near us that detracted from the experience. The shrimp cocktail was good as was the HK-style Sea Bass but the Caesar salad was unremarkable. I'll be back because this is the kind of place several of my customers covet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food good serviceLuvfinedinningDined on 8/24/2014Food was excellent along with excellent service. Immediate seating. Excellent wait staff very professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DrMouseDined on 8/24/2014Food was excellent, staff was great, and atmosphere was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PavyDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent as well as the food. Courses were nicely spaced to allow a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Way too Rushed serviceGigiDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent but service was way too rushed... Like they wanted us out fast so they could fill with another customer... Was restaurant week and excellent price but rush spoiled the evening... Could see waitresses running down the aisle... Finished 3 courses before one glass of wine...Special Features:
- Outstanding!YumYumDined on 8/23/2014What a pleasant surprise - the best steak I have EVER tasted! Wonderful service! Wonderful everything! We look forward to visiting as often as we can. So happy we have a new favorite to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out-bit of a waitintheneighborhoodDined on 8/22/2014We arrived early, but were not seated until 30+ minutes after our reservation. Other than that, ambience is great, as is the food. The price is about what you would expect to pay for a destination restaurant. Live music was playing in an active bar area. For a great night out in a vibrant part of town, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Awful Experienceet24Dined on 8/22/2014Arrived 10 mins early for our 8pm reservation to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday. Was told by the hostess that we were to be seated in 10 minutes, however, 30 mins later we were still not seated. I asked how much longer it would be since our reservation time had long passed and was told by the hostess that she could not tell us when. The hostess did not want to tell us a time as it may be inaccurate, she was extremely rude. We decided to leave the restaurant without even dining. The manager apologized by offering complimentary wine/cocktails but was unable to guarantee a table. We have been to Sullivan's several times before but have never had a poor experience like this one. We were very disappointed and will likely not return.
- An Experiencekeg1Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our 45th Wedding Anniversary at Sullivans in Downtown Raleigh. NC. We had 6:45 reservations, but the place was packed and several very large parties came through. We finally were seated at about 7:00. Not too bad all in all. Everyone was cordial. Our wait staff, Alexis and Lindsey were perfectly aware of our needs and while not intrusive were on the spot to serve us when needed. I had arranged to have a large bouquet of roses delivered earlier in the day and they were prominently placed on the table when we arrived. Three managers stopped by during our meal and asked about our experience. The food was wonderful. Steaks cooked to perfection. We had a grand time and would go back.Special Features:
- Amazing service!!flemingsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Gui was our server and he, as always, is amazing!! So friendly and spot on with our orders!!!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed Sullivan'smikendebDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I tried Sullivan's during Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week. The food was fabulous and the service was even better! I cannot recall any time having better service than what we had at Sullivan's! My wife's steak came out a little over done and it was corrected very quickly with the apologies of two different managers. We will definitely return to Sullivan's for another fabulous dining experience. By the was the filet just melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Celebrated anniversary here. Little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Best steak Ive ever had. It's a little noisy, but for what it is I could get over it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014To be honest, it was very loud. Not what I would expect for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raleigh Restaurant Week outingCaptainBDined on 8/20/2014I had heard about Sullivan's for many years but never had an opportunity to go. A friend suggested Sullivan's for Raleigh's Restaurant week, so we dined there. Big place, very good food (we both had great steaks), good wine, excellent service. If I had to pick something to improve, it was the noise level. Just lots of people talking, but it was loud enough that talking across a table-for-two required full speaking voice. All in all, a very enjoyable dinner. I will return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest selection for business dinnerCaryREDined on 8/20/2014Business dinner party of 7; excellent food and service; great atmosphere (round table) for a fully-engaged discussion with all attendees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 47th anniversary dinnerGrandmaDined on 8/19/2014The food and the service were absolutely impeccable. My only complaint was the noise level. It was extremely noisy when we first arrived but once we had our food we didn't pay much attention to the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night locationCB88Dined on 8/17/2014Had a good time. Just pricey for it being considered a dinner special. The service was great and the bar area was very invitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I ordered my filet medium and it came rare. On top of that, it was tough. Baked Potato was warm.
- art456Dined on 8/16/2014Nice ambience, waitstaff was friendly and efficient. Steaks were good, cooked according to request, although my wife's NY Strip was a little tougher than expected. The only thing that disappointed was the "bacon wrapped scallops with peach glaze". I have had this dish at other resaturants and loved it, was looking forward to it here. It was absolutely dreadful. Hate to be so negative about it, but it was really quite horrible. Everything else was very, very good. Out of a party of 10, I was the only one with the scallops who was really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Staff and Ambiance -Thumbs UpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I come here when friends visit and for special occasions. The dining room is open, yet, intimate and seperate from the bar(which actually has its own room). The staff operates like a well oiled machine. The food is prepared just right. Plus, it's downtown so you can take a stroll afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left wantingXperiencefudDined on 8/14/2014My experience wasn't necessarily bad, but for a bill of $100 at the end if the night the good and service could have been so much better. Our server was lack luster but there were a couple of others we over heard who gave. Much better explanation of the nights specials. We ordered 2 filet mignons, mine med-rare and my fiancé ordered his medium. The order came out incorrectly with mine medium and his medium rare. The highlight of the night was the birthday cheesecake they surprised us with. They didn't mention anything about our special occasion until the end of the meal. Overall, I wish we had spent his birthday at Flemmings or Ruth's Chris. Probably won't go back to Sullivan's foe dinner.Special Features:
- Quality SteakhouseJP1775Dined on 8/10/2014As always, we had a phenomenal meal with top notch service in a great atmosphere. A wine for every palate and food combination, Sullivans does it right. The server was knowledgable and engaging without being overbearing and certainly added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksCoreyDined on 8/9/2014Love the food! Steaks were prepared perfectly and my wife loved the signature martini. We'll go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 year anniversaryMagPie77Dined on 8/9/2014I took my husband here for our 10 year anniversary. He's wanted to go to Sullivan's for a number of years now. It's a bit out of your everyday price range so we never went. We were so happy with the entire experience. Starting from making reservations on line, where they even ask if you have any special requests, to the amazing service and the fantastic food! Perhaps we'll treat ourselves in another 10 years :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome restaurantfoodloverDined on 8/9/2014The only thing that got on my nerves was the fact that I made a reservation and still had to wait.... but once we sat down everything went smoothly and we will have to go back and enjoy some of the other menu items... everything was great and I was overall pleased with my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had a great time & a great meal on my fiance's birthday. The service was excellent. At first, it was a bit noisy, but there is nothing the staff could have done about this - it was busy. We had a great experience!Special Features:
- Hot and ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We went there to celebrate a two graduations with a few families. Half of the meals were great. The other half were not prepared as ordered. For example a medium rare steak was presented as medium well. One steak in particular was well over cooked twice. The management tried to fix the one meal, however it was not adequate the second time either. I have been to other Sullivan's and it has been great. For the price, the meals should be prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticNCOptDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I have made a tradition of visiting sullivans for his birthday. We have always been impressed by the wait staff and the food is delicious. Their Kalahari is the best we have ever had and their dry aged steak is out of this world good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice traditional style steak houseMartyDDined on 8/2/2014Been to Sullivan's two times and have enjoyed both visits. Great service, well done food in the traditional steak house style, a little pricey but at least they deliver. Nice 3 course option is reasonably priced. A great place to take a date or business meeting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!!Anniversary14Dined on 8/2/2014The Cheesesteak eggrolls were AWESOME! The drinks from the bar were fab, and our steaks were cooked to perfection. We'll be back soon :-)Special Features:
- The BEST Dinner Ever!!Gboys2Dined on 8/2/2014The whole experience was Awesome!! They made you feel like you were the most important person in the room!!! I highly recommend Sullivan's for you next dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagle Scout CelebrationeddieJDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were outstanding. They made us feel very special and made some nice comments regarding our celebration.Special Features:
- Fabulous for birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Or really any day! Amazing appetizers, steaks, sides, desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakNCBLUMVIPDined on 7/27/2014When I am in the mood for steak, Sullivan's is my go to place. It is hands down the best steak in the Triangle. With that said, the service was just so-so. In a restaurant at this level, I should not have to pour my own wine but that is what happened in our most recent visit. In addition, salads arrived and were eaten before the bread was delivered to our table. Our server was not attentive. I have had great service at the Raleigh Sullivan's in the past so am not sure what happened here. Maybe we had the new guy.Special Features:
- Second timesweetlady121Dined on 7/27/2014You must try the cheese steak egg rolls absolutely delicious. My husband and I have really enjoyed going here for our date nights. Will definitely recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningEnjoyDiningOutDined on 7/26/2014As usual, Sullivan's provided a wonderful evening out. The food was delicious, service very good and ambience was very pleasant. Steaks and lettuce salad wedge were outstanding. Will definitely return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.