Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73505 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7603413560x
- Hours of Operation:
Opens Daily at 3:00pm
Happy Hour Daily 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Swingin' at Sully's - Every Thursday & Sunday 3:00pm to Close
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Favinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are THE valley offsite catering choice, our reputation is known for such stellar events as the "Bob Hope Chrysler Classic" and the annual music festivals at the Polo Grounds each year. For parties of twenty to two thousand, we are the choice.
- Entertainment: Live music six nights a week. Smooth Brothers every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)vibrant bar scene (57)romantic (41)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (27)hot spot (24)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/16/2014Very poor dining experience. Will not go again. Steak was overcooked so I sent it back. They provided a new steak but the original plate had all the side dish items on it, which you have to purchase separately. So I paid for side dishes but didn't get what I paid for. My wife's menu item reportedly came with arugula salad. The plate shows up with regular lettuce. We question this and the explanation given is that this is "adult" arugula. It wasn't....what is our compensation for me having to wait for my new steak while others eat, side dishes vanishing and not replaced, and not accurate food for my wife? Zippo. This is only the 2nd negative review I have written about a restaurant in 10+ years and I never send my food back but this was bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Went there for our anniversary. Food was very good, and menu had lots of variety. Treated us very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantweekendersDined on 9/13/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for many years. They recently changed their look and it is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We were very satisfied with the service, presentation and the food you provided for this special occasion. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food GaloreWowinSFDined on 9/8/2014Moist, tender New York, cooked to perfection with my favorite sauce, Béarnaise. Au gratin potatoes to die for and Cobbler to finish. What's not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Our friend who live in the area recommends this place out of other steakhouses. It is low season in the desert and people are not in the rush. It is very relaxing to eat and enjoy the moment at the restaurant. The steaks are tender and the taste is very good. My filet mignon is very very good. Soft. The flavor was inside of the meat. It is good as expected. My husband ordered a New York Strip. It was charcoaled outside and rare inside. A very different style from mine. They just cooked it right. The cocktail is nice. The signature one is good. I also tried the second one with raspberry flavor...very tasty and smooth. :)Special Features:
- Wow! What an experience!FtworthguyDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary at Sullivan's. It was amazing! The service was top notch, first class all the way. The food was delicious! We will be coming back on our next trip. The staff & attention to every detail was unlike any other place I have dined at. Highly recommended. The location is beautiful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notably unexceptionalMontgomeryDined on 8/31/2014We found it loud, not particularly comfortable, and "mainstream steakhouse". At $50/per, +tip, it was nothing to write home about. Our server did a good job; the front desk was abysmally slow in getting the show on the road, despite having a reservation. Our food was good - about what we expected.
- Anniversary celebrationAltonDined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our Anniversary dinner, and this place has become our gem in the desert. The service was excellent as we were given an overview of the specials, and suggested item's. The food was great!! Management personnel visited us and as an added touch, we had our picture taken which added a personal touch to this special evening. Great time...***Filet Mignon***Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ExperienceBunb86Dined on 8/30/2014Sullivan's is always solid. On this particular occassion it was even better! Great appetizers, steak was prepared perfectly (medium rare) and the side dishes were awesome. Any time au gratin potatos are the third best thing you taste, the food was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/serviceBruceWVIPDined on 8/30/2014A big fan of Del Friscos Double Eagle at Dallas and Vegas, just found out that Sullivan's is part of the same group, so had to try it. Coming in to a restaurant like this, don't expect the price to be cheap, but the quality of food and service is top notch. Everyone that saw me and my wife said hi. Those that knew, said "happy anniversary", and that was a minimum of 5 people. Our server was great. The manager Keith came by a couple of times to greet us, wished us "happy anniversary", and chatted about new Del Friscos opening up all over SoCal. Love to come back again soon. Thank you for a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014As somewhat regulars at Sullivan's it never disappoints, great atmosphere, service and food....Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationAnniversaryDined on 8/29/2014Service was outstanding - attentive but not overbearing. Acknowledged my wife's birthday and had special dessert to celebrate! Food was terrific and well prepared to our specifications. Our favorite restaurant in Palm Springs area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- left completly speechlessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Over all great experience! The attention to detail was great!Special Features:
- SeamlessReneuxDined on 8/23/2014The place is bullet proof-been there dozen times over the years. Always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 8/23/2014The re-vamped decor is hip and cool without losing the old school supper club feel. Tables in the (60's) next to the library and with romantic table lamps are best. The manager came from the Sullivans Chicago and really seems to care about the experience to be had at this wonderful restaurant. The food is very good, service is excellent and the bar scene has a real neighborhood feel with a vibrant scene and good music in the bar starting at 6:30. My husband and I felt very welcomed there and had a truly wonderful night.Special Features:
- JimkDined on 8/23/2014Sullivan's is always a GREAT place to dine. Service is excellent. When we want to go out for a nice dinner Sullivan's is always our first choice.Special Features:
- RaineyVIPDined on 8/16/2014I met Kevin the new Manager & he was very nice. He came to the table to make sure alls well. Our server Laura was a delight & did a great job. Our steak was like butter.Special Features:
- Great PrefixeDesertmanDined on 8/15/2014They have a great Prefixe menu, good portions and great choicesSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Sullivan'sSatisfiedDined on 8/12/2014A bit disappointing because the place was about only 1/4 full or less, and our foursome was seated at a table beside the only other foursome there. There were many foursome places where we could have been seated. The other folks became noisier and noisier as the evening went on, and spoiled our time together.Special Features:
- Gret ValuethebrasilianDined on 8/11/2014Recently had dinner here; it's one of our favorites in Palm Desert. "Melody" was our server; she did an outstanding job; very attentive, professional and courteous. We took advantage of the fixed price dinner and thought the value for what we got was fantastic. Nice-sized portions; perfectly prepared. The manager visited our table to check on things. Towards the end of the meal, we were asked if we were there for anything special, and actually yes - we were celebrating my wife's birthday! To our surprise, the manager took our photo and placed it in a nice card signed by everyone; we also got a free dessert! All this: from the delicious food to the wonderful staff, made this evening a memorable one for us. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!NewdesertratsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great! The special menu is a great value and still perfect quality and quantity! We have enjoyed having server, Stephanie twice now and will ask for her again! We ordered a second bottle of wine at the dinner table and were able to finish it in the amazing bar with entertainment! You can watch the sun go down in this lounge! One of our great pleasures here in the desert view to the west! The chef came out to deliver a dish to a neighboring table and he was very gracious and a pleasure to meet. His attention to detail makes this a great meal from calamari (and shrimp cocktail) to New York with garlic, gorgonzola garlic butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy employeesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The service was fine, the appetizers were unique, the salad and soup just average as were the steaks. They were extremely tender but they didn't have much taste. They needed more seasoning. The steaks were PRICEY!!!!! especially when they did not come with any sides. How often can you afford a $75.00 meal, excluding drinks.Special Features:
- DesertRat92253DesertRat92253Dined on 8/4/2014We absolutely love Sullivan's and are never disappointed! Great food, fabulous service, overall a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Quiet, Tasteful Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Had reservations and were promptly seated in a booth. Nice and quiet for a birthday dinner. Service was fine but a lot of upselling. Asked for a certain brand of Vodka for a martini but was brought something else. Wife's glass of wine was small and for $9 was not worth it. We split a salad which was very good. Had steaks which were perfectly cooked. Dessert was on the house and it was yummy. All in all not a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirl65Dined on 8/1/2014Great experience with wonderful service and food. We had a truly memorable experience with friends and family. The Prix Fix "Sure Thing" meal choices are excellent.Special Features:
- Loved itRoseVIPDined on 7/31/2014Prefix menu was terrific. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations - Low QualityExperiencedDined on 7/29/2014I read many reviews and at Mastro's, Morton's, and Morgan's. Ate last week at Mastro's Newport Beach and loved it. Dined at many high end restaurants. I expected this place, at a minimum to serve great food especially at their prices. We were very disappointed in the quality of the food. Side dishes; large jumbo shrimp was not fresh and seemed like it was very old then microwaved and tough. Mushrooms - greasy and tasted awful. Entrees; Rack of lamb was very greasy, not tender nor flavorable. Lobster not fresh and did not even resemble the normal looking species. The small filet mignon that came with the lobster was good. Despite all of this, we made do and enjoyed our own company and the server was nice.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse completely redineMaroisronVIPDined on 7/26/2014A new fresh new open look. The food continues to be terrific, the service even better. And they are now both matched with a great look and environment. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's SuperbMisterMarkDined on 7/19/2014The dining experience at Sullivan's is superb. The assistant manager (Kristen) is the most friendly and sincere restaurant manager we have ever encountered. Our waitress was also extremely friendly and helpful. The food is always plentiful and excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulNickiVIPDined on 7/15/2014We go to Sullivan's every time we go to the desert and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'sGaryDined on 7/13/2014First class service- Food was excellent- Server was very accommodating and knowledgeable. Overall great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too badmpinlaDined on 7/12/2014Went here for a celebration with friends. Some of the food was good, but two of my guests had to send their steaks back. One was overcooked and the other was raw. Our waitress was really nice and on the ball. If it wasn't for her, there might be 1 less star in this this review. Our waitress got the second round of steaks out really quickly and they were perfect the second time around. I went here because it's a little more reasonable than Mastro's. I think i'll probably bite the bullet and do Mastro's next time.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSdscorpionsDined on 7/12/2014We read about Sullivan's on Yelp and the reviews were spot on. We Took our two kids 13 and 11 and they both were treated great and brought endless free refills for my daughters Shirley Temple. Just great experience all the way around, highly recommend!! My wife is still raving about the Banana bread pudding and my daughter went crazy for the blond brownie. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delcious mealDavidVIPDined on 7/12/2014The service, atmosphere and food is always the best!! Great job all the time.Special Features:
- NICE PLACEOCDINERVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great atomosphere, great service, good food! Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a romantic dinnerSullyfanDined on 7/8/2014Sullivan's is not only an intimate dining experience with excellent food, but the wait staff is second to none. The attention diners receive makes for a special evening without being overwhelming. If you're looking for a quiet place for a romantic dinner, consider Sullivan's. The food is brought out fresh and hot, but not before you're finished with the previous course. And in between courses, the staff always make sure you have everything you need (bread, drink, etc.). Every time I've dined at Sullivan's, I've always been pleased and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Private, fancy and very affordable.PereztroykaDined on 7/7/2014We when to Sullivan's to celebrate our engagement. Was terrific very private the time do they serve the food and appetizer, and the service was awesome. The food I order steak with lobster and was delicious and affordable. The drinks was perfect. Overall was a great night and over our expectations. I highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningValentines2014Dined on 7/5/2014Would not like to recommend for a romantic evening. Way too loud and too casual.Special Features:
- luvlouannDined on 6/27/2014We have had a second home at Ironwood Country Club for almost thirty years. This is our first trip to Sullivan's. We only went because our neighbor in Livermore CA was on a golf trip here and asked if we would recommend Sullivan's.....told him we'd never been....he tried you and said "best bone-in rib ever".....so we made a reservation.....glad we did....we go often to Morton's and Mastros while in the desert and now....they become 2 and 3 on our list....so happy with our dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.