Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73505 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (760) 341-3560
- Hours of Operation:
Opens Daily at 3:00pm
Happy Hour Daily 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Swingin' at Sully's - Every Thursday & Sunday 3:00pm to Close
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Favinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are THE valley offsite catering choice, our reputation is known for such stellar events as the "Bob Hope Chrysler Classic" and the annual music festivals at the Polo Grounds each year. For parties of twenty to two thousand, we are the choice.
- Entertainment: Live music six nights a week. Smooth Brothers every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)vibrant bar scene (44)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (34)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food- great service- great deal!Lucky1VIPDined on 11/23/2014We both had the fixed price $42 dinner. Wonderful choices. Shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad, steak and mashed potatoes, warm bread. Server was attentive. Could not ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayRosevilleDinerDined on 11/21/2014Steaks were done to perfection, and the service was outstanding. They went out of their way to recognize our anniversary, and the attention to detail was great. Jaymie is an outstanding server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distracted servers...RedcarceoVIPDined on 11/21/2014Without a doubt, the steaks were great and cooked to perfection! The lamb was over cooked and tough. The salads, soups and appetizers quite tasty. The downside was the service. We waited a long time to even get water. Between finishing the salads and the main course, there was at least a 35 minutes delay. Upon arrival, we were asked if there was anything we were celebrating. We noted that there were two birthdays and added that it was an anniversary as well. Specifically, that it was 47 years prior that the voters had supported the formation of our college district. This was a big deal for us. At the end of the evening,there was no "congratulations" nor recognition of these special occurrences. Further, we asked to take some of the food with us: egg rolls, scalloped potatoes and yams. A large bag was delivered that contained only the cheese steak egg rolls. All in all, disappointing service that diminished the impact of the experience for us. The servers were flitting around too much, did not pay attention NOR listen well, and treated us as though we were cattle being herded through the pasture. With stock brokers, lawyers, fund raisers, and college CEOs in this party, the opportunity for you to make a good first impression was definitely missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whydothisVIPDined on 11/17/2014not necessary after designating attributes of dining at Sullivan's. Note that all Sullivan's are not equal---Palm Desert is outstaningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Sullivan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The attentive staff at Sullivan's made my wife's Birthday celebration very special. We had a wonderful time, and considered the food, service and ambiance to be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllenDined on 11/9/2014The food and service were excellant.Started out with the Stone Crab Claws and a kale salad. The entrees included an 8oz filet grilled as requested and seared scallops with steaked seared mushrooms and creamed spinach. Ended the dinner with a banana pudding bread and vanilla bean ice creme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knockout!SteakloverVIPDined on 11/8/2014We regularly return to Sullivan's for both the dining experience and their famous martini. We started in the bar with the blue cheese chips and Knockout martinis. (Happy hour prices). Dinner straight to entrees: 8oz filet mignons and creamed corn accompanied by glasses of Cherry Tart Pinot. My steak was fabulous, my husband's, although good was a bit tough. Nevertheless,we will continue to frequent. Our server Stephanie was lovely and very knowledgeable. She recommended the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SullivansTavernDined on 11/7/2014Steak cooked to perfection! Server was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Our first time at this restaurant and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Sullivan's has become our local "go to" restaurant for special occasions. The interior was remodeled over the summer, and my husband was bummed by the loss of the wood paneling and overall 40s look. The new look is more modern. Bottom line for me, the food is still good. Wait staff was, perhaps, a bit too attentive, but it beats being ignored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVIPDined on 11/1/2014Things started out shaky but they quickly recovered and made it for and them some. Lauren was fantastic and took very good care of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebration!RobertDined on 11/1/2014We celebrated 3 birthdays and they treated us like royalty! Very attentive service and the food was wonderful. Try the wedge salad! Awesome!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Great Service....our server, Kaitlin, couldn't have been more attentive. As was true with our previous visits, our meals were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!NMS53Dined on 10/25/2014This was our third visit over the last two years. Three of us had the filet and we all felt it was cooked to perfection and had a melt in your mouth texture. Also, the service was excellent. Our waiter helped us select a bottle of wine to compliment our meal and it did just that. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualTerrieDined on 10/25/2014I had the Lobster it was huge and very tasty. My hisband had the New York it was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food and service was excellent. The noise level- just way too loud. Would seek the library section next time. I am speaking from the 80+ age group. Our younger guests were not bothered by the noise. We all enjoyed excellently prepared dinners. Thank you.Special Features:
- Killer chairsPattyto44Dined on 10/21/2014We sat in the patio because we wanted to be close to the music, but the chairs are very uncomfortable. I had my mom with me and we decided not to stay for diner because of the chairs. We had only an appetizer that was delicious. It was a shame we didn't stay for diner. The high chairs at the bar are not appealing to everybody, although they looked more comfy.Special Features:
- Amazing Service and FoodGetinmybelly32Dined on 10/19/2014Was very surprised at the quality of the food and the service. They even took a picture of us because of our anniversary and gave us the picture. Still can taste the perfectly made steak, it was a night and dinner to remember. Thank you Sullivans! We will be back.Special Features:
- Our Favorite place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014We love to meet our friends here before or after dinner. Enjoy the live music and staff is always friendly.Special Features:
- Happy from TexasJTexasDined on 10/18/2014I had a large group of customers out to dinner. Sullivan's came highly recommended and they didn't disappoint. From the private dining room, to the great wine, excellent food and fantastic service, it was a great night for my customers, their wives and myself. I would gladly return there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HapazapDined on 10/18/2014First time enjoying Sullivan's and we were impressed with the service immediately. The hostesses very friendly and we were promptly greeted by our wait staff and floor manager Lauren. The food was phenomenal! We selected their prix fare menu at a very reasonable fixed price point. To say the proportions were large would be an understatement. From the appetizers to the main course, we enjoyed every bit of the meal and dessert was a hit too. We celebrated a special occasion and staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our visit. Well done Sullivan's! This has now become our new favorite restaurant. Will definitely be returning for our date nights or other special occasions. Just one thing...make sure to have reservations.Special Features:
- Loved it!LoverofsteakDined on 10/18/2014Great service, great food, great experience! I will return and bring my friends. Very close to El Paseo shopping in palm desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualFoodmikeVIPDined on 10/11/2014We missed the books in the little "library" area but the steaks were perfect as usual. Only minor complaint was that the shrimp in the shrimp cocktail were slightly overcooked. And Laura was a fantastic waitress.Special Features:
- Sullivan's RocksDesertDinerDined on 10/10/2014Sullivan's is one of the most consistently good restaurants at which I have dined. Everything is great--food, service and ambiance. The manager always comes over to check to make sure everything is to one's satisfaction. There are a lot of dining choices in Palm Desert, but we always go back to Sullivan's.Special Features:
- dbreukDined on 10/6/2014Still the BEST Steak place in the desert. My wife and I always celebrate special occasions there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONOCDINERVIPDined on 10/4/2014We live in Huntington Beach and have a place in Palm Desert. This was our second visit to Sullivan's. It was our 34th wedding anniversary and the staff made our dining experience extra special. The food and service was excellent!Special Features:
- RickRickPDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food! Second time there and the experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice date spotrosietosieDined on 9/27/2014For dinner at 8 PM I was surprised how loud it was. The food was great as always. I found the wine list to be rather disappointing this time around. Hopefully they are getting ready to restock :)Special Features:
- Great dinner at Sullivan'sPDDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a great meal there- tried the Prix Fix and it was just delicious. Had a really good bottle of Cabernet, affordable at $38. The wait staff, Richard in particular, was friendly, available, informed about the menu and generally did a very good job. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningPerfectVIPDined on 9/25/2014Staff very attentive and courteous , very prompt service . The comp. desert was a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PpllytagDined on 9/20/2014Always consistently good food. Steaks perfectly cooked to orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great!TorioDined on 9/20/2014Celebrated a Bday and was treated very special! Food was tasty and plentiful-- this was unexpected! Ended up with leftovers ;) Don't leave without having the white choc brownie with pralines and caramel sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveItInPSDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful time. Since it was mid-week we were happy that we could get into the bar to have a drink and enjoy the entertainment before dinner. It was our 47th wedding anniversary and Kirsten took our picture and returned it in a cute frame signed by the staff. We had a lot of laughs and the food and service was great. We really liked the new renovation and look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedWoodinvilledadVIPDined on 9/16/2014Very poor dining experience. Will not go again. Steak was overcooked so I sent it back. They provided a new steak but the original plate had all the side dish items on it, which you have to purchase separately. So I paid for side dishes but didn't get what I paid for. My wife's menu item reportedly came with arugula salad. The plate shows up with regular lettuce. We question this and the explanation given is that this is "adult" arugula. It wasn't....what is our compensation for me having to wait for my new steak while others eat, side dishes vanishing and not replaced, and not accurate food for my wife? Zippo. This is only the 2nd negative review I have written about a restaurant in 10+ years and I never send my food back but this was bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2014Went there for our anniversary. Food was very good, and menu had lots of variety. Treated us very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantweekendersDined on 9/13/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for many years. They recently changed their look and it is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We were very satisfied with the service, presentation and the food you provided for this special occasion. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food GaloreWowinSFDined on 9/8/2014Moist, tender New York, cooked to perfection with my favorite sauce, Béarnaise. Au gratin potatoes to die for and Cobbler to finish. What's not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Our friend who live in the area recommends this place out of other steakhouses. It is low season in the desert and people are not in the rush. It is very relaxing to eat and enjoy the moment at the restaurant. The steaks are tender and the taste is very good. My filet mignon is very very good. Soft. The flavor was inside of the meat. It is good as expected. My husband ordered a New York Strip. It was charcoaled outside and rare inside. A very different style from mine. They just cooked it right. The cocktail is nice. The signature one is good. I also tried the second one with raspberry flavor...very tasty and smooth. :)Special Features:
- Wow! What an experience!FtworthguyDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary at Sullivan's. It was amazing! The service was top notch, first class all the way. The food was delicious! We will be coming back on our next trip. The staff & attention to every detail was unlike any other place I have dined at. Highly recommended. The location is beautiful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notably unexceptionalMontgomeryDined on 8/31/2014We found it loud, not particularly comfortable, and "mainstream steakhouse". At $50/per, +tip, it was nothing to write home about. Our server did a good job; the front desk was abysmally slow in getting the show on the road, despite having a reservation. Our food was good - about what we expected.