Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha
222 South 15th Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4023420077x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Daley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Lucia Sanchez, our Private Party Coordinator, to reserve space in one of our Private Dining Areas.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights per week, Tuesday-Saturday, with some of Omaha's finest musicians. Please call for specific times and musicians.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (40)notable wine list (38)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Over the top serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014From the moment we arrived the staff was very attentive to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and it became obvious the entire staff was informed, as we were receiving congrats from anyone who stopped by our table. At the end of the meal they asked if they could take a picture of us in a scenic room, and we obliged. To our surprise a few minutes later they presented us with a homemade card with our picture and signed by everyone working that night. Sullivan's made the evening perfect in every way. Food was done and presented nicely and attention to detail was a priority.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicelovetodineDined on 8/22/2014Tiffany and the other servers did a wonderful job; very attentive, knew the menu and had lots of recommendations.Special Features:
- FabulouscngibiDined on 8/20/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and decided to try Sullivan's for the first time. We weren't disappointed. We had a super waiter, Anthony, who was very attentive and took our picture and presented it to us in a card signed by everyone. All the staff that came by our table wished us Happy Anniversary, including the manager. He even gave us a complimentary dessert. The food was absolutely delicious. The big surprise was a card in the mail two days later thanking us and wishing us Happy Aniversary again! Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great experience...with an asteriskJdoellDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful time at Sullivan's. My wife and ordered from the prix fixe menu. My wife loved the calamari and filet! I enjoyed the cheesesteak eggrolls, lobster bisque and a sliced strip. Also had a delicious s'mores mousse. For a nominal corkage fee, Sullivan's allowed us to bring in a special bottle of wine for our tenth anniversary. Service was also quite good. The one bad part of the experience came after getting home, we realized our car had been damaged by the valet!! Not happy about that at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The service was great! However, for a meal for two (2) that cost $184.00 customers expect the food to be great too. We found the food to be acceptable, but we were disappointed. This was the second time we patronized the restaurant and our earlier visit a couple of years ago was more satisfactory. The food was much better during our first visit!
- Never disappointsStandingFavoriteDined on 8/9/2014Great service great selection and great presentation. The food was prepared as ordered, the quality exceeds that of similar choices in Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSteakAddictDined on 8/8/2014Ordered a 8oz fillet mignon medium rare. Steak was cooked medium rare but more on the medium side rather than rare side. Seemed as though steak may have been forgotten while cooking on one side as it was slightly burnt and could definitely taste the charred part. However, the bourbon signature sauce was excellent and was strong enough to cover the charred taste without masking the flavor of the steak. My date had a fillet as well and hers was cooked perfectly medium and not burnt. Wine was fairly expensive as I was able to find a bottle of the wine we drank for $10 less than what we paid for two glasses, although they were fairly large glasses of wine. Some very minor things and a great experience, great waitress, will most likely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The food overall was okay. We started with the wedge salad. Which was brown. I should have taken a picture. Not just a little wilty on the edges. But brown throughout. For the price of the salad and the type of restaurant...it shouldn't have been brown. The mac and cheese was just okay. Not even good. The steal was great. Perfectly cooked. Nice and tender. But the dessert was just so-so. The cheesecake itself was pretty good. But the graham cracker crust tasted a little off. Overall....not really worth the price.Special Features:
- Take someone specialwine4twoDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated our anniversary, great food, excellent service and made you you feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodTerryRDined on 8/1/2014We were celebrating my recent retirement. The server soda great job of making it feel like the special occasion it was! The atmosphere is relaxing! Our meal was superb! The garlic horseradish mashed potatoes were the only think lacking in the whole meal. The steak was amazing, the Mac and cheese melt in your mouth delicious! The salads, and desserts divine! Thanks for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsRowdyVIPDined on 7/30/2014We've taken customers here for the past 8 years and they always do a nice job. Food was great as expected.Special Features:
- Fun nightFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Exceeded our expectations for anniversary dinner. We even got a picture taken and printed by the restaurant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Sullivan's exceeded my expectations. Great service, atmosphere and food. The calamari was fabulous and the steak was probably the best I have had in Omaha. Cooked perfectly! The after dinner drink Sully was just the right amount and again perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad for out WestBryanJBVIPDined on 7/15/2014I was in the area for work purposes so we selected this restaurant because it was close to the hotel. The steaks were excellent! Being from the east coast I stayed away from most of the seafood dishes except the crab cakes - which were excellent - although slightly different from what I am use to (they were more on the wet side - I don't know how else to explain it). I'd stick with the steaks and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- DominoDined on 7/15/2014Way below expectations...the steaks were ok, the sides were very unremarkable. The services was horrible...Upon arrival we went out to the patio for a pre-dinner drink and no one came by for 10 minutes. We finally left and went to our table inside and experienced all the mediocrity...
- Poor Service and cold foodRischDined on 7/13/2014Service was slow and inflexible on menu and dishes were not hot when served.Special Features:
- Upcharges everywhereSteveDined on 7/10/2014I get fatigued by the steak house "up charging" phenomenon; every thing we order, you can add to or make it bigger. This literally happened with our drinks ("can i offer you a more premium rum for your mojito"?), our appetizers, our steak ("you can make it 16 oz"), etc. I have a menu: I can order myself without all the reminders!
- An Omaha OMG! :)RomeoDined on 7/9/2014Was in Omaha for a business trip, and my business associate and I were looking for an outstanding steakhouse. I consulted Open Table. This was a great find! the food was terrific, the wait staff friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere very inviting. When the opportunity to visit Omaha comes up again, I will most definitely dine at Sullivan's again.Special Features:
- Treated like royality, but1234bDined on 7/8/2014It was our 25th wedding anniversary and we were treated like royalty, receved a great photo signed by the staff and a complementary dessert! However, my daughter's leftover rib-in filet mignon did not get put in the tidy take-home box! The missing steak was not discovered until the next day. Otherwise, it was a lovely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerStevoDined on 7/6/2014We ate at Sullivan's for my wife's 50th birthday and had an awesome experience...as usual. Food, service and atmosphere were all top-notch. Could not have had a more enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticBecandLenDined on 7/5/2014Love this place for our anniversary. Every year. Lots of attention but not too much to interrupt a romantic evening. Noise level low even when large groups nearby. Great ambiance. Love the Bar (especially when Piano is going)Special Features:
- Premier SteakhouseJsmit197VIPDined on 7/3/2014Great dinner and service! Food recommendations were right on the spot and wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMMM3Dined on 7/1/2014Second time at Sullivan's. Excellent service. Best place for a romantic dinner. Food is amazing. Received a thank you card from our server, she remember that our daughter was visiting. Worth the price.Special Features:
- New York StripOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014The steak was average at best compared to other venues in Omaha that price their steaks equallySpecial Features:
- GreatChuckuDined on 6/28/2014Great service, great food, great atmosphere! A special occasion made extra special.Special Features:
- Had a Great timeCONSTADined on 6/28/2014I made reservation for our anniversary. The food, service, and ambience were fantastic!!! The only concern was the overprice wine but you have that in any restaurant. overall this is a Great place to go for special occasions and I would highly recommend Sullivan's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Everything was very nice. Steaks were good. The brussels sprouts with bacon were AMAZING!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2014Food was excellent, but it took too long a time between courses. If the restaurant was full, I would understand. But it was mostly empty....We were a party of 12 so sometimes that slows things down as well, but not as much as this was...after we ate appetizers it shouldn't take another 15-20 minutes to get salads etc...and then another 15-20 for the main course etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steakNOLAfoodieDined on 6/17/2014Appetizers were real good. Sea Bass was slightly fishy, lobster-stuffed flounder was excellent. aged ribeye was pretty good but slightly overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey Steakhouse, Great AppetizerschrisaDined on 6/16/2014We had calamari and Ahi tuna for appetizers which were uniquely presented- the calamari were crispy and flavored with a somewhat spicy sauce and the Ahi was served thinly sliced with a wasabi vinegarette. I had Bay of Fundy Salmon as an entrée, cooked to my request and my dinner partners both said their filet mignons were cooked to order. The restaurant was quite busy the night we were there with the CWS in town, but service remained superior to many of the better chain steakhouses. Expect to pay about $75pp with a moderately priced ($50) bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Would RecomendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent service, food, and atmosphere. Both our waiter and the manager were very attentive. The cheesesteak eggrolls are a MUST try and the offered an excellent selection of wines.Special Features:
- Wonderful throughoutHelenDined on 6/4/2014This is by far the best steak I have ever had. The service was excellent. The wine steward was extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. While I am sure they are friendly towards kids, I did not see a children's menu and I am not sure kids woudl appreciate the quality of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great for a romantic evening!JohnsonsDined on 5/30/2014I booked a reservation for our anniversary. They treated us like king and queen. Took our picture and gave it to us prior to leaving with all of the staff signatures. We also got a dessert for free. The staff was amazing, the food was to die for and the steakhouse was clean. I highly recommend and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss itAwesomeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Wanted to have a "steak " experience in Omaha. Big mistake. Service was amateurish and inattentive. Very long time and had to ask many times to take our order. Food looked great, so we did not leave. Bigger mistake. It was cold. They did send us hot food, unfortunately it was coated with salt. Manager seemed out of touch with everything.
- Dinner and Show.QuicksterVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is perfect for a special evening. Valet park, great meal, walk to Theatre for "Wicked". The night was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but it'll cost youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014don't get me wrong the food was good the service is greatbut I don't feel the $40 steak was any better than a 20 dollar steak I've had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine at another steakhousebjgentDined on 5/17/2014We dined as a party of ten on a Saturday night. There is nothing special aesthetically about the restaurant itself and one you see the servers in their short skirts/shorts and thigh highs, you realize you have entered a cheesy place. I ordered the nightly special which was sole on top of a crab cake and two prawns. The sole itself was tasteless and the crab cake had an overpowering taste of ammonia. Obviously, Sullivan's knew that their crab was going bad so they created a nightly special to try to get rid of it. To me this is the most despicable thing I've ever experienced at a restaurant. There are many fine steakhouses in Omaha, I suggest you bypass Sullivan's
- Reserved or not?NEtravelerDined on 5/16/2014We were very pleased with the food and service at the Omaha location. The reservation was for 7pm. We arrived about a half hour early and told them we would be willing to be seated earlier. They suggested we wait in the lounge and they would notify us when the table was ready. We were finally seated for dining at 7:30 (an hour after arriving and a half hour after the reservation time). Near 7 pm I checked with the desk to make sure they knew we were there. Later the cocktail waitress checked for us and talked to the manager when she found out our reservation time had long since passed. Otherwise we might still be waiting. We had been at Sullivan's in Naperville, IL the week before and were seated promptly at our reservation time.Special Features:
- Great venue for graduation dinnerDudetteDined on 5/16/2014Visited Sullivan's in Denver years ago and it was great, so we chose Sullivan's Omaha for a celebration of our son's college graduation. The food and service were very good; a "no-brainer" when you are looking for good steaks, fresh seafood, and interesting martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Very Good FoodJF1EdgeDined on 5/16/2014Did Sullivan's for the first time ever this weekend and the thing that I must touch on first is the service. That is one area they absolutely excelled in, and it included visits from a floor manager (I believe), multiple food servers, multiple people refilling water every three sips and plates being taken away exactly on queue. That part of it was phenomenal. The food is very good. Is it $150 for two (included a $35 bottle of 375ml wine) good? No, it's not. Not based on portion size ($12 for two cheesesteak wonton rolls was overboard, though they were exceptional) and quality of the steak. At $35 for an 8 oz. filet, I'm expecting prime. I don't think this was and I've had better for $25. Overall, though, a good experience we enjoyed. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.