Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
244 S. Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (630) 305-0230
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Terrell Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights a week Tue-Sat, starting at 5:00pm.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)romantic (117)notable wine list (92)vibrant bar scene (81)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (65)hot spot (48)late-night find (21)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Anniversary and Birthday dinnerGregVIPDined on 11/23/2014For our special occasion we returned to Sullivan's. We have had many great meals here. This was a Sunday evening, so maybe the staff was not the first team. The Balsamic Chicken was tough and nearly impossible to eat. The bacon wrapped scallops had burned bacon on all of them. The macaroni and cheese side had burned bread crumbs. The two other entrees were steaks and were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, poor menu...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014Our reservation was for 7:45pm and by that time our entire party was there. We were seated at 8:10pm after repeatedly asking the hostess when we would be seated. In the past my wife and I have dined there repeatedly, and had great experiences, though it's been a year or so since our last visit. I wanted the Steakhouse salad for my entree so I asked for the dressing choices. No 1,000 Island, no honey mustard, so I said to the waiter, "do you have any creamy dressings?", his reply, "the raspberry vinegarette is fabulous"; um, okay. They've taken the Prime Rib and the Porterhouse off the menu, as well as the Peanut Butter pie. So...wouldn't recommend it to anyone after spending $110 there Saturday night and will certainly be steering people towards Ruth's Chris or Morton's. Completely and utterly disappointed with the entire experience. Your grade for the night: "F"
- Great EveningESJohnsonDined on 11/22/2014We were celebrating our anniversary at Sullivan's. Not only was the food and service outstanding but the manager went out of his way to make our night very special. We rarely get to dine without our two small boys. It was nice to be able to enjoy our food and we never felt rushed. We would definitely go back to Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014This place is run like a well oiled machine. I've never been to a place where the service was that good. We loved it and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downward trendSKIKVIPDined on 11/21/20143rd visit to this establishment over past 2 years. Quality of food seems to be going down. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not up to par...AutoShowVIPDined on 11/16/2014My filet was very good. I cannot say the same for my husbands meal. NY strip was tough and had to send the lobster tail back. It was fishy and tasted BAD. We have dined here twice and it just does not compare to other high end steak places. The cost is way to high for the quality. Sorry but I do not think we will be back.
- Excellent food & Service but you do pay for itSushiFanaticDined on 11/15/2014A party of 10, celebrated a birthday and it seemed as everything were on point with a couple of things here and there. Again it is a party so I know it's not easy. Lobster mac & cheese was good but it needed more lobster for what we were paying. Everybody ordered a steak...excellent! We ordered from their pre fixe menu so our options were limited but very good nonetheless. We try to budget our parties to under $600 for the party size but we paid a little extra that night. That would be the only reason we wouldn't return...otherwise Sullivan's was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Even though we had reservations, we still had to wait in the crowded lobby for 35 minutes to be seated.Special Features:
- 45 min wait to be seated even with reservationTJMACDined on 11/15/2014No room to sit at bar, stood the whole time listening to everyone else complain. after that what difference does service make, why go back to that?
- MarybVIPDined on 11/13/2014We were disappointed. This used to be a favorite. We found it to be very noisy. Staff caters to business groups and why not. They are on an expense account. Food and wine very expensive and quality not As good as I rememberSpecial Features:
- GREAT SERVICE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014The food was outstanding. The service was impeccable! Being our first time there, it well exceeded expectations!Special Features:
- Love Sullivan'sSaralaDined on 11/8/2014Fantastic steaks and sides! Wonderful drinks! Best steaks outside my home. Also ordered sea bass that was off the hook good!Special Features:
- Nicely done overallIsmayDined on 11/7/2014Although we had a few minor issues, overall this restaurant is easily recommended to family and friends. I was there for a business dinner, but I could easily see doing holidays or celebratory dinners here. The service was truly excellent and the food, although with a few issues, was also quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DiningPlainfield2dineDined on 11/1/2014We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and decided to go to some place nearby. Downtown Naperville is beautiful this time of year and parking was ample. We did have to wait for a few minutes longer than what we reserved, but it was well worth it. When you walk in, you will see a wall full of awards on the wall. After dining at Sullivan's, you will know why. The food was outstanding and the service was second to none. We highly recommend Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner BummerHighPricesPoorServiceDined on 11/1/2014We arrived 25 minutes prior to our reservation time. Our visit was less than pleasant in that we were not seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time. The reservation for my wife's birthday was made a week in advance so there is no excuse to not having a table available, especially considering our early arrival. Three large groups were seated ahead of us that had reservation times later than ours. The food while good was not exceptional as one would expect with Sullivan's price points. I'll think twice before booking a special celebration meal at Sullivan's in the future.Special Features:
- MarkDined on 11/1/2014great food and service, noise level only reason I didn't rate higher, very loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014great atmosphere, busy steakhouse.... average foodSpecial Features:
- Alway goodJudieDined on 10/30/2014Every return to Sullivan's is a lovely lunch, good service, interesting food combinations, love The Mixer for those of us denying carbs. We have never not enjoyed our trip to Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nite OutDiningout2niteDined on 10/28/2014Food and service were excellent but restaurant was rather noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Food was great, wine was wonderful, service was perfect. I had the prefix meal, steak, shrimp and a salad. The server recommended a red wine, e and I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice time, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Had a fine dinner Saturday night with my girlfriend. I took her out for a special night for her birthday. We had a good bottle of Malbec, she has the Fillet, which was OK, and I had the Cowboy Ribeye, which was fantastic. I had a waiter that was new working there, and he did fine...... until I paid the check. I happened to have $100 worth of gift certificates that I slid in with my credit card. The gf didn't need to know. The bill was $200+ including tip. All was good until the waiter came back for me to sign the card, and he says loudly. "Those gift certificates sure do come in handy, huh?". Ugh!!!!! This was the only reason I didn't give 5 stars (and the waiter didn't get a better tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice!JudyDined on 10/25/2014I wanted to pick a special place to bring our son's best friend for his 21st birthday. It was perfect. Lots of attention and a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Sully'sMCYMCVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great place for a good meal guaranteed. I would have to say the experience at Sullivan's is one of the most consistent in Naperville. The food is always on point with excellent service. If you are looking for a place where you don't have to wonder about the "what if" prior to choosing somewhere to eat this is the place.Special Features:
- Hostess was very congenialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Waiter was very good and attentive. Full staff was aware of the occasion and made the evening very pleasent. The food was slightly on the salty side. Portion sizes were good and esthetically pleasing. Cocktails were very good. I enjoyed the old photos and memorabilia.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Kept us waiting for our table too long. Promised to make it up, but never followed through. Not the best first impression. Food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overly GoodKngilstrapDined on 10/21/2014Thought the food and service was great. The wait staff was amazing. The food was better than I thought it was going to be. I only wish they would have small plates of something for my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingJackstalkDined on 10/19/2014Calamari was excellent. Steak was very good, just meat on a plate. The fish was the worst we have had in years. Tasteless, very dry with green tasteless cucumber piled on top.. If this was there special, was it to show off special poor cooking? There too many better places to eat just blocks away. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Excellent night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food, service and overall experience was great. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are warm but not juicy - MRLoddieCheftressDined on 10/18/2014The first time we went the steak was outrageous! Every time after that however we can't say the same thing.Special Features:
- Great service and even better foodnapervillebobDined on 10/18/2014Sullivan's was a great place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our server wished us a happy anniversary and took great care of us. Our service was exceptional and the meal was outstanding. We each had a fillet and the garlic mashed potatoes, with the wedge salad and my wife had the cheese steak egg rolls and I had the meatballs. All in all a great night and an outstanding meal. Thanks for taking great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sullivan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The service here is outstanding. It is a team approach, multiple servers come by checking on you for beverage refills or clearing crumbs and empty plates. We were celebrating our anniversary and weren't ordering desert, server said they would be happy to send home a desert on the house! The food is always prepared to perfection but definately pricey so we only come for a special occasion. The bar on the other hand has some nice choices for a happy hour snack that are more ecomical! Overall Sullivan's is a great neighborhood treat in downtown naperville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued PerfectionMikeDined on 10/17/2014We dine at the Naperville Sullivan's several times per year, and it's very difficult to find anything negative to say about the place. From the apps to the desserts, the extensive wine list and their famous Pineapple Martini, everything is terrific. The Manager always stops by to ensure our experience is to our liking. One of our favorite places to dine. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoShanijDined on 10/17/2014Sullivan's is a perfect place for a dinner for two. Our server was very attentive & pleasant. I would love yo go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionwondrousdiningDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had a wonderful experience at Sullivans Steakhouse in Naperville, Illinois. We arrived early so we sat in the bar and had a drink. The wait staff in the bar were very friendly. We we then taken into the dining room and sat in a booth. The waiter asked us if we were there for a special occasion, which we were. I was celebrating my 74 birthday. He explained the specials and took our appetizer order. While waiting the waiter came back and took a picture of us. After our wonderful dinner he brought a Banana foster bread pudding for us to share. The experience was wonderful.\ I will suggest it to my family and friens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceLucky07Dined on 10/16/2014This had to be the best 6 oz filet I have ever had. The cheesesteak egg rolls are amazing. Key lime pie..perfect. Service as excellent as the food! The entire staff make you feel welcome. Just an overall fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerUDParentVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was priced extremely high considering it is rated as a $$ restaurant. I should have done my part and checked the menu before reserving or while waiting 45 minutes after our reservation time for our table. I ordered the salmon special, and was informed the chef liked to cook it "medium well." I requested it medium, but it came out well-done with little flavor. Sending it back would have been an option had our waiter or his "assistant" stopped by our table within a reasonable time. 3 other diners ordered from the prix fixe menu. The filet mignon looked delicious; the strip steaks were very skimpy. I can find other steakhouses that are in the same price range with better service and food.
- Wonderful ServicemackistarDined on 10/11/2014I took my parents for their 48th anniversary. The entire staff made the occasion very special.Special Features:
- Consistently goodjustamealDined on 10/11/2014Always good food and fairly attentive staff tho they are pulled in many directions. A steak jouse and spendy but the fish is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!ERiveraDined on 10/10/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday this past Friday. My wife has several intolerances/allergies (soy, dairy, msg, gluten) and Sullivan's did an outstanding job accommodating them all. Our waiter Bradley, went out of his way to make it a wonderful experience. The food was excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Choice1889SouthDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I had plans to go to another restaurant for our birthdays. We dexuded atvthe last minute we didn't want to drive into Chicago but wanted a good steak. We didn't want a chain but it's hard to find a non chain place. Last minute we chose Sullivan's (Naperville) and we are happy we did. The food--appetizers, entree, dessert--was very good. Our server Laura was very attentive. It was great. We received free dessert for our birthdays. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.