Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
244 S. Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6303050230x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Terrell Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire email@example.com for details.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights a week Tue-Sat, starting at 5:00pm.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)romantic (104)notable wine list (93)vibrant bar scene (64)neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (51)hot spot (35)great for lunch (27)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, late to table, COLD!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We'd booked a table for 7.30pm, and when we arrived we were told there would be a 30 min delay...I'm of the opinion that when I book a table it should be ready within 10 minutes of the time I booked - anything else tells me that the restaurant isn't allocating enough time for the diners. Once we got through to our table we found ourselves on a table near the air conditioning unit and my wife was literally shivering - we explained the issue to the server and he told us we were under the air con unit (unsurprisingly we'd worked that out for ourselves...) and he vaguely suggested he'd ask for the air con to be turned down...I was disappointed that this didn't happen! The food itself was excellent...but didn't offset the experience...
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was first class. The best waiter we've ever had. Our steaks were delicious and prepared to perfection. We truly enjoyed all of our dishes and the desert was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014This was our 3rd visit to Sullivan's and they have never disappointed. The food is always amazing and the service always puts it over the top! We had a party of 5 and we had 4 people sweep in and clear at one time. They are so attentive but not overly noticeable. Our appetizers were delicious, especially enjoyed the philly beef egg rolls. The entrees were all cooked perfectly (we all orders steaks). The ambiance was great for our party and we look forward to our next visit to Sullivans. Overall, one of our favorite local steak houses and that is saying a lot for being I'm the metro Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Beef!AmoncheDined on 9/18/2014I lived in Argentina during four years and this beef is as good as it gets!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks outside of ChicagoMattDined on 9/15/2014This particular Sullivan's has really excellent steaks. I've been to several Sullivan's in different places and this is without a doubt the best. It is pretty pricey, but you know that going in. The wait staff is just dynamite. We had a birthday so they came back and took picture and then the whole kitchen staff signed it.. just kind of fun and a thoughtful thing to do.. I'm always happy with this place.Special Features:
- SpectacularTraditionVIPDined on 9/13/2014An incredible dinner with the best bone in filet anywhere. Lobster bisque was fantastic and the special oyster rockefeller (all 18!) were incredible. We asked our special guests to grin and bear their 2 hour drive to join us and I am so pleased that the food, service, hostess' were all so wonderfully prepared to make this a truly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereNightoutDined on 9/13/2014Went with two other couples. Great place to enjoy others company. Both my wife's steak and mine were very blah. Tasted like a plain old cooked piece of meat not a lot of flavor. Great evening but food could of been a lot better.
- Perfect dinnerHollySDined on 9/13/2014We were running late for our reservation and called to apologize for being late. The hostess could not have been nicer. Our dinner was perfection, right down to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambience, Good ServiceTime4LunchVIPDined on 9/12/2014The noise level was good so we did not have to shout. Our waiter was very friendly and attentative. He recommended a moderately priced wine, which we all loved.Special Features:
- Great steaks. Great serviceRuntoDineGirlVIPDined on 9/9/2014Received excellent service at this steak place. Food was well prepared and delicious. Seems to be a popular after work spot for business types.Special Features:
- Sullivan'sZiffelDined on 9/7/2014Top-notch restaurant with outstanding food and service. Celebrated our 40th anniversary there and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fordinnerDined on 9/7/2014Staff was courteous, polite and informative. The ambiance was peaceful and enjoyable. Overall, everything was good except parking. Cannot find parking without valet service and they charge a rather large fee for parking a car. Too bad.Special Features:
- ExcellentVerysatisifiedDined on 9/6/2014Staff very attentive, last minute choice an we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Mediocre ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Our drink order was work, our dishes were brought to the table incorrectly & billed incorrectly and the sauteed spinach was not good.Special Features:
- lovefoodDined on 9/6/2014Very very slow service, total time on wait from 8pm reservations to getting our food 2 1/2 jours, took food to go instead. Everyone else had great service but us. Maybe because we are a gay couple but our waiter was to busy with other tables, including the one next to us. Wish we got the service and attention like the rest.
- Great SteakFattyDined on 9/6/2014I've pretty much visted all of the big prime steakhouses and let me say, this one did not disappoint. The steak was cooked exactly to my liking and the flavor, wow! Every bite was a little peice of heaven. Service was great. Was not disappointed one bit. However for a place this pricey, I wouldn't expect anything less.Special Features:
- MissyDined on 9/6/2014This is our go to restaurant for all special occassions and when we want a fabulous steak! The signature knockout martini is incredible. The service is consistently excellent. All staff are knowlegable to menu items, wine lists, and suggestions. The atmosphere is perfect with high energy but has a romantic feel. The General Manager Randy is on point for maintaining service excellence. We always feel like family at Sullivans!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant for a DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Awesome food, and awesome service. I asked for two spoons for the soup, and the waited came out with two bowls to split the soup instead. That was great!Special Features:
- Nice lunchBuff4stakeDined on 9/3/2014A great place for a business or sprcial occasion lunch. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Tough ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014They do offer valet, at $7 for a suburb since they really have no close parking. Use the garage about a block away. Food and service was excellent.
- CelebrationAdmp81Dined on 8/31/2014Had dinner here with my Girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. The meal was great and Kevin our server was excellent. He gave good recommendations on a few new wines to try and was very attentive to us, even though it was a busy night. The food was excellent and the wait wasn't long at all. The steaks were cooked to perfection and our sides were out of this world!Special Features:
- Sullivan's Summer SpecialDLJCPADined on 8/31/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday at Sullivan's because of their advertised summer special of a filet and half a main lobster. There were 3 of us and only 2 of us got the main lobster because they ran out. The other person in our party got some small lobster tails. The lobster was very tough and chewy. It seemed to be over cooked. The service was very good. The salads and side dishes were also very good.
- Eating at Sullivan'sReviewer57Dined on 8/30/2014We arrived at the restaurant in time for our reservation and got seated just before an another couple who did not have a reservation after we had waited almost 30 minutes. The food was good table location was right by the kitchen door. I would definitely go back and give it a second chance because the food is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a chainBlac11Dined on 8/29/2014The experience on this night was terrible. Cookie cutter food in every aspect. Bland potatoes, NY strip, calamari tasted like glazed candy. Not impressed. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Great-As Always!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014We love dining at Sullivan's because we count on the wine, food, and service being outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was a special celebration dinner for my best friend who had just retired after 39 years at the U of Chicago Medical Center. I wanted it to be special and it certainly was! Everything was perfect from the moment we sat down until the moment we left. Drinks were good, food was superb, and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Will never returnTexastornadoDined on 8/23/2014I'm from Austin and the Sullivan's there is quite a 180 from Naperville. We had reservations and didn't get seated until 30 minutes after our time. The dining area is so crammed with tables it's impossible to not hear what your neighbor is saying. The drinks and food took forever and my filet was chewy. I have had better food at an Outback, especially the cut and quality of meat. The waiter was extremely young and nice but had no clue what service was about. Way too pricy and staff was a bit stuffy for a restaurant who can't deliver.
- Saturday night dinner reservations.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The only complaint I have for the entire evening is when we arrived at 715 right on time for our reservations, and had to wait an additional 32 minutes to be seated, if you can fix that problem, you have made yourself 2 life long guests in your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDmatDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I like two have a date night once a month. Sullivans is a great place for good food, conversation and overall great time. Service is very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a steak house.AaronDined on 8/23/2014It was good for what it is. Chicago prices for decent food. You pay mostly for the experience of the cooks to not mess up your steak for the most part. I can get prime grade beef from my local market, and it is a lot cheaper than the steaks are here. I can cook them just the same, so I you are really paying the wages of the people cooking your food, not for fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Fabulous meal we both enjoyed. It was nice to her the complimentary dessert & photo to commemorate our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'ssports8177Dined on 8/20/2014Decided to try this place out. Checked on the website and noted that the dress code was dressy, so my party did so accordingly. To my surprise, the restaurant apparently does not enforce this as several patrons were in shorts, t shirt, jeans and gym shoes. To say the least, I was a little disappointed. Also noticed several waitresses with extremely short skirts, so much so that a few of them had to cover themselves while bending over. Off their pre-fix menu, had the cheesesteak eggroll, shrimp and lobster bisque (phenomenal) and the 8oz Filet Mignon. Our waiter had dropped off a wine menu to choose a glass to have with the meal, and I was ready, but he never came back around to take my order, so had to settle with water for my Filet.Special Features:
- We were under impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The service was slow and the food was OK. I ordered a rib eye, and was anticipating that it would be a better tasting steak then what I have received at less expensive restaurants. Not only was it not as tasty, it was thin and under flavored. At these prices, I expect a great meal and great service -- unfortunately your restaurant did not deliver.Special Features:
- Exceeds ExpectationsMichaelDined on 8/16/2014Sullivan's in Naperville continues to be one our favorite spots. They provide excellent service to make the event always special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary. It was a great experience. The food was excellent. The staff was completely amazing. They were very attentive, remembered every request through the whole evening, and made our time very special. Great for special occasions! Use their valet parking during prime times! Right across the street from the River Walk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKimBDined on 8/15/2014We were celebrating the birthday of a friend on Friday evening. The food was wonderful and our waiter was excellent. He made the event very special with his attentiveness and great recommendations. Excellent place to have a special dinner. I plan to return again.Special Features:
- too noisyromeoDined on 8/14/2014Way too noisy for a romantic dinner. Whatever happened to quiet restaurants?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slightToolittleDined on 8/14/2014Food portions are a bit small for the price of eating there. You would think that when you are served a steak w/mash potatoes that the portion of potatoes would be larger than the steak.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable eveningPickydinerDined on 8/11/2014The steaks were first-rate. Great value. Very professional and yet friendly service. Formal but unpretentious atmosphere.Special Features:
- I must be getting old...HJB2Dined on 8/10/2014... or insufficiently wealthy, because we were a little disappointed at what we got for our money this past Sunday. The place hasn't changed, and it wasn't too busy or noisy, and our server was just fine (didn't call us "guys" or sing Happy Birthday when she brought our dessert with a candle in it for me)... But the wine we got for $70 -- the most affordable bottle I could find of what should have been acceptable cabernet -- was drinkable and not much more. And the "specials?" $42 for half a small lobster and an incredibly small filet. (Everything else a la carte.) Granted, it was all cooked correctly, so no complaint there. I suppose I would only have been satisfied if I'd spent $60 on the best steak. I'm thinking they could do better.Special Features: