Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
244 S. Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6303050230x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Terrell Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire email@example.com for details.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights a week Tue-Sat, starting at 5:00pm.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)romantic (110)notable wine list (96)vibrant bar scene (72)neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (58)hot spot (37)great for lunch (22)late-night find (17)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food, service and overall experience was great. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are warm but not juicy - MRLoddieCheftressDined on 10/18/2014The first time we went the steak was outrageous! Every time after that however we can't say the same thing.Special Features:
- Great service and even better foodnapervillebobDined on 10/18/2014Sullivan's was a great place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our server wished us a happy anniversary and took great care of us. Our service was exceptional and the meal was outstanding. We each had a fillet and the garlic mashed potatoes, with the wedge salad and my wife had the cheese steak egg rolls and I had the meatballs. All in all a great night and an outstanding meal. Thanks for taking great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sullivan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The service here is outstanding. It is a team approach, multiple servers come by checking on you for beverage refills or clearing crumbs and empty plates. We were celebrating our anniversary and weren't ordering desert, server said they would be happy to send home a desert on the house! The food is always prepared to perfection but definately pricey so we only come for a special occasion. The bar on the other hand has some nice choices for a happy hour snack that are more ecomical! Overall Sullivan's is a great neighborhood treat in downtown naperville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued PerfectionMikeDined on 10/17/2014We dine at the Naperville Sullivan's several times per year, and it's very difficult to find anything negative to say about the place. From the apps to the desserts, the extensive wine list and their famous Pineapple Martini, everything is terrific. The Manager always stops by to ensure our experience is to our liking. One of our favorite places to dine. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoShanijDined on 10/17/2014Sullivan's is a perfect place for a dinner for two. Our server was very attentive & pleasant. I would love yo go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionwondrousdiningDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had a wonderful experience at Sullivans Steakhouse in Naperville, Illinois. We arrived early so we sat in the bar and had a drink. The wait staff in the bar were very friendly. We we then taken into the dining room and sat in a booth. The waiter asked us if we were there for a special occasion, which we were. I was celebrating my 74 birthday. He explained the specials and took our appetizer order. While waiting the waiter came back and took a picture of us. After our wonderful dinner he brought a Banana foster bread pudding for us to share. The experience was wonderful.\ I will suggest it to my family and friens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceLucky07Dined on 10/16/2014This had to be the best 6 oz filet I have ever had. The cheesesteak egg rolls are amazing. Key lime pie..perfect. Service as excellent as the food! The entire staff make you feel welcome. Just an overall fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerUDParentVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was priced extremely high considering it is rated as a $$ restaurant. I should have done my part and checked the menu before reserving or while waiting 45 minutes after our reservation time for our table. I ordered the salmon special, and was informed the chef liked to cook it "medium well." I requested it medium, but it came out well-done with little flavor. Sending it back would have been an option had our waiter or his "assistant" stopped by our table within a reasonable time. 3 other diners ordered from the prix fixe menu. The filet mignon looked delicious; the strip steaks were very skimpy. I can find other steakhouses that are in the same price range with better service and food.
- Wonderful ServicemackistarDined on 10/11/2014I took my parents for their 48th anniversary. The entire staff made the occasion very special.Special Features:
- Consistently goodjustamealDined on 10/11/2014Always good food and fairly attentive staff tho they are pulled in many directions. A steak jouse and spendy but the fish is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!ERiveraDined on 10/10/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday this past Friday. My wife has several intolerances/allergies (soy, dairy, msg, gluten) and Sullivan's did an outstanding job accommodating them all. Our waiter Bradley, went out of his way to make it a wonderful experience. The food was excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Choice1889SouthDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I had plans to go to another restaurant for our birthdays. We dexuded atvthe last minute we didn't want to drive into Chicago but wanted a good steak. We didn't want a chain but it's hard to find a non chain place. Last minute we chose Sullivan's (Naperville) and we are happy we did. The food--appetizers, entree, dessert--was very good. Our server Laura was very attentive. It was great. We received free dessert for our birthdays. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steeped in ServicedadetDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Sullivan's where we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. Our, server,Elisabeth, and the entire crew including bus staff were attentive throughout our time there. The food was excellent (we had the steak and lobster tail) and Barb's cream corn was wonderful as a side dish. It is somewhat creamy but with a fresh herb taste that distinguishes it from that old family type of creamed corn. I asked for a French Manhattan and the bartender made it to my specifications. It was great. We topped off our meal with a blondie with ice cream which was perfect with coffee and a gift from the establishment. We left with an excellent picture of ourselves taken by the staff! Overall, a really great evening!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary celebrationPuppyLoveDined on 10/5/2014From the moment we walked in we felt very welcomed. The atmosphere was very fun and inviting. The server was very energetic and knowledgeable of the menu and had great opinions on what to try. We love the souvenir picture taken and signed by all and happy the manager took the time to bring it over personally. Also the complimentary dessert was fantastic. We are looking forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!michelleDined on 10/5/2014There were 10 of us and all of us ordered steak. We all said the same thing...."That was the best steak we had ever had!" Service was amazing for a table of 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Our elderly mother likes to take us all out to Sullivan's celebrate our birthdays. We always request "The Library" as the ceiling is a bit lower and not quite as noisy (energetic). The food didn't disappoint. The "Sure Thing" promotion is an excellent value. Shanghai calamari and lobster shrimp bisque were a big hit. The service was not up to par. I believe the server knew they had stumbled as the restaurant comped our desserts and presented all of the ladies in the group with a photo and birthday card. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014both the food and the service were excellent. Sullivan's made our 37th anniversary a night to remember. our server was Bradley and he was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but doesn't live upswguDined on 9/27/2014The food was pretty good, but this place doesn't live up to the high expectations they set as a high-end steakhouse. I'm comparing to Capital Grille, where they wait on you hand and foot and you feel like you are the only table the waiter has. The service he is comparable to any restaurant, nothing special. I think service is what makes the difference in these high end restaurants and make it worth it. The food was good. Steaks were good. Nothing to get too excited about. Don't think we'll be back. Not for any particular reason, it just didn't live up to our expect ions. Capital Grille is still our favorite high-end steakhouse.Special Features:
- Worth Another VisitJustOKDined on 9/27/2014Being a regular Chicago steak house visitor, I was looking forward to my visit to Sullivan's in Naperville. Having enjoyed several visits to the location in King of Prussia, PA, I have been accustomed to stellar service, great food, and an overall top-notch experience. While the food at the Naperville location was good, the quality of the steaks was not what I expected. One filet appeared to be a small strip steak and the other, larger one actually contained a fair amount of fat. On the plus side, our wait staff was great in spite of being slightly overwhelmed by the packed house. I will definitely dine there again as I know that the Sullivan's brand has a good reputation and I will just chalk this up as the anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTeacher5Dined on 9/27/2014We hadn't been here in a couple of years. We had such a wonderful experience. Our waiter couldn't have been more attentive and made the entire evening perfect. He even took our picture and presented it to us at the end of our meal. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service, forgot costout4amealDined on 9/27/2014We dine at Sullivan's for special occasions at times. We don't go more frequently because we find that it is quite expensive. We tend to enjoy fine dining at several other restaurants in Naperville, for not quite so much money. This time we made the mistake of ordering a suggested special, and didn't ask the price. The steak was excellent, however, I think I would have enjoyed a less expensive steak just as well. We had a shock when the bill arrived. I have found lunch to be much more reasonably priced, and therefore more enjoyable. Additionally, the restaurant tends to be quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!DonnaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Had a great dinner, the pre-fixed menu is a bargain !Special Features:
- Excellent choiceBd1901VIPDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I went to Sullivan's on a weeknight to celebrate our anniversary and was pleasantly surprised at the live music in the bar. They were fantastic! There was a short wait, which tells me that the restaurant is quite popular. Our server gave us excellent suggestions and our meal was delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRossnmeDined on 9/24/2014Every time we dine here their seafood specials are outstanding. They never disappoint us.Special Features:
- An unexpected chargenaperDined on 9/21/2014When offered toppings for your steak be aware that there is a charge of $3 each. The mushrooms were overcooked but we did not complain since we thought they were complimentary until we saw the bill. Since a guest ordered three toppings ($9)and pushed them to the side we did not say anything at the time.Special Features:
- Great SteakOldManInChicagoDined on 9/21/2014A chain with character, Sullivan's has great food with friendly service at the table, the welcoming crew (hostess) need to be actually welcoming! The wine list is long with notable bottles and brands. Great place for dinner with family and special occasions.Special Features:
- Good food, late to table, COLD!MtFirbbitDined on 9/20/2014We'd booked a table for 7.30pm, and when we arrived we were told there would be a 30 min delay...I'm of the opinion that when I book a table it should be ready within 10 minutes of the time I booked - anything else tells me that the restaurant isn't allocating enough time for the diners. Once we got through to our table we found ourselves on a table near the air conditioning unit and my wife was literally shivering - we explained the issue to the server and he told us we were under the air con unit (unsurprisingly we'd worked that out for ourselves...) and he vaguely suggested he'd ask for the air con to be turned down...I was disappointed that this didn't happen! The food itself was excellent...but didn't offset the experience...
- OutstandingOutstandingDined on 9/20/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was first class. The best waiter we've ever had. Our steaks were delicious and prepared to perfection. We truly enjoyed all of our dishes and the desert was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food top notchBigredDined on 9/19/2014This was our 3rd visit to Sullivan's and they have never disappointed. The food is always amazing and the service always puts it over the top! We had a party of 5 and we had 4 people sweep in and clear at one time. They are so attentive but not overly noticeable. Our appetizers were delicious, especially enjoyed the philly beef egg rolls. The entrees were all cooked perfectly (we all orders steaks). The ambiance was great for our party and we look forward to our next visit to Sullivans. Overall, one of our favorite local steak houses and that is saying a lot for being I'm the metro Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Beef!AmoncheDined on 9/18/2014I lived in Argentina during four years and this beef is as good as it gets!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks outside of ChicagoMattDined on 9/15/2014This particular Sullivan's has really excellent steaks. I've been to several Sullivan's in different places and this is without a doubt the best. It is pretty pricey, but you know that going in. The wait staff is just dynamite. We had a birthday so they came back and took picture and then the whole kitchen staff signed it.. just kind of fun and a thoughtful thing to do.. I'm always happy with this place.Special Features:
- SpectacularTraditionVIPDined on 9/13/2014An incredible dinner with the best bone in filet anywhere. Lobster bisque was fantastic and the special oyster rockefeller (all 18!) were incredible. We asked our special guests to grin and bear their 2 hour drive to join us and I am so pleased that the food, service, hostess' were all so wonderfully prepared to make this a truly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereNightoutDined on 9/13/2014Went with two other couples. Great place to enjoy others company. Both my wife's steak and mine were very blah. Tasted like a plain old cooked piece of meat not a lot of flavor. Great evening but food could of been a lot better.
- Perfect dinnerHollySDined on 9/13/2014We were running late for our reservation and called to apologize for being late. The hostess could not have been nicer. Our dinner was perfection, right down to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambience, Good ServiceTime4LunchVIPDined on 9/12/2014The noise level was good so we did not have to shout. Our waiter was very friendly and attentative. He recommended a moderately priced wine, which we all loved.Special Features:
- Great steaks. Great serviceRuntoDineGirlVIPDined on 9/9/2014Received excellent service at this steak place. Food was well prepared and delicious. Seems to be a popular after work spot for business types.Special Features:
- Sullivan'sZiffelDined on 9/7/2014Top-notch restaurant with outstanding food and service. Celebrated our 40th anniversary there and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fordinnerDined on 9/7/2014Staff was courteous, polite and informative. The ambiance was peaceful and enjoyable. Overall, everything was good except parking. Cannot find parking without valet service and they charge a rather large fee for parking a car. Too bad.Special Features:
- ExcellentVerysatisifiedDined on 9/6/2014Staff very attentive, last minute choice an we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.