Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
244 S. Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6303050230x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Terrell Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights a week Tue-Sat, starting at 5:00pm.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)notable wine list (103)romantic (103)vibrant bar scene (73)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (51)hot spot (41)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Had dinner here with my Girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. The meal was great and Kevin our server was excellent. He gave good recommendations on a few new wines to try and was very attentive to us, even though it was a busy night. The food was excellent and the wait wasn't long at all. The steaks were cooked to perfection and our sides were out of this world!Special Features:
- Sullivan's Summer SpecialDLJCPADined on 8/31/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday at Sullivan's because of their advertised summer special of a filet and half a main lobster. There were 3 of us and only 2 of us got the main lobster because they ran out. The other person in our party got some small lobster tails. The lobster was very tough and chewy. It seemed to be over cooked. The service was very good. The salads and side dishes were also very good.
- Felt like a chainBlac11Dined on 8/29/2014The experience on this night was terrible. Cookie cutter food in every aspect. Bland potatoes, NY strip, calamari tasted like glazed candy. Not impressed. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Great-As Always!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014We love dining at Sullivan's because we count on the wine, food, and service being outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was a special celebration dinner for my best friend who had just retired after 39 years at the U of Chicago Medical Center. I wanted it to be special and it certainly was! Everything was perfect from the moment we sat down until the moment we left. Drinks were good, food was superb, and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Will never returnTexastornadoDined on 8/23/2014I'm from Austin and the Sullivan's there is quite a 180 from Naperville. We had reservations and didn't get seated until 30 minutes after our time. The dining area is so crammed with tables it's impossible to not hear what your neighbor is saying. The drinks and food took forever and my filet was chewy. I have had better food at an Outback, especially the cut and quality of meat. The waiter was extremely young and nice but had no clue what service was about. Way too pricy and staff was a bit stuffy for a restaurant who can't deliver.
- Saturday night dinner reservations.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The only complaint I have for the entire evening is when we arrived at 715 right on time for our reservations, and had to wait an additional 32 minutes to be seated, if you can fix that problem, you have made yourself 2 life long guests in your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDmatDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I like two have a date night once a month. Sullivans is a great place for good food, conversation and overall great time. Service is very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a steak house.AaronDined on 8/23/2014It was good for what it is. Chicago prices for decent food. You pay mostly for the experience of the cooks to not mess up your steak for the most part. I can get prime grade beef from my local market, and it is a lot cheaper than the steaks are here. I can cook them just the same, so I you are really paying the wages of the people cooking your food, not for fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Fabulous meal we both enjoyed. It was nice to her the complimentary dessert & photo to commemorate our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'ssports8177Dined on 8/20/2014Decided to try this place out. Checked on the website and noted that the dress code was dressy, so my party did so accordingly. To my surprise, the restaurant apparently does not enforce this as several patrons were in shorts, t shirt, jeans and gym shoes. To say the least, I was a little disappointed. Also noticed several waitresses with extremely short skirts, so much so that a few of them had to cover themselves while bending over. Off their pre-fix menu, had the cheesesteak eggroll, shrimp and lobster bisque (phenomenal) and the 8oz Filet Mignon. Our waiter had dropped off a wine menu to choose a glass to have with the meal, and I was ready, but he never came back around to take my order, so had to settle with water for my Filet.Special Features:
- We were under impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The service was slow and the food was OK. I ordered a rib eye, and was anticipating that it would be a better tasting steak then what I have received at less expensive restaurants. Not only was it not as tasty, it was thin and under flavored. At these prices, I expect a great meal and great service -- unfortunately your restaurant did not deliver.Special Features:
- Exceeds ExpectationsMichaelDined on 8/16/2014Sullivan's in Naperville continues to be one our favorite spots. They provide excellent service to make the event always special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary. It was a great experience. The food was excellent. The staff was completely amazing. They were very attentive, remembered every request through the whole evening, and made our time very special. Great for special occasions! Use their valet parking during prime times! Right across the street from the River Walk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKimBDined on 8/15/2014We were celebrating the birthday of a friend on Friday evening. The food was wonderful and our waiter was excellent. He made the event very special with his attentiveness and great recommendations. Excellent place to have a special dinner. I plan to return again.Special Features:
- too noisyromeoDined on 8/14/2014Way too noisy for a romantic dinner. Whatever happened to quiet restaurants?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slightToolittleDined on 8/14/2014Food portions are a bit small for the price of eating there. You would think that when you are served a steak w/mash potatoes that the portion of potatoes would be larger than the steak.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable eveningPickydinerDined on 8/11/2014The steaks were first-rate. Great value. Very professional and yet friendly service. Formal but unpretentious atmosphere.Special Features:
- I must be getting old...HJB2Dined on 8/10/2014... or insufficiently wealthy, because we were a little disappointed at what we got for our money this past Sunday. The place hasn't changed, and it wasn't too busy or noisy, and our server was just fine (didn't call us "guys" or sing Happy Birthday when she brought our dessert with a candle in it for me)... But the wine we got for $70 -- the most affordable bottle I could find of what should have been acceptable cabernet -- was drinkable and not much more. And the "specials?" $42 for half a small lobster and an incredibly small filet. (Everything else a la carte.) Granted, it was all cooked correctly, so no complaint there. I suppose I would only have been satisfied if I'd spent $60 on the best steak. I'm thinking they could do better.Special Features:
- Local favorite for celebrationslovetodineDined on 8/9/2014Awesome atmosphere to celebrate holidays and birthdays and anniversaries in downtown Naperville! The men love the steaks, and the women enjoy the martini and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomNomMikeKyleDined on 8/8/2014All I have to say is Prie Fixe menu. It's pretty costly with out it, but this place doesn't disappoint. Perfect for me and my boyfriend. THANKS!Special Features:
- Marvelous Experiencefoodie618Dined on 8/7/2014My boyfriend and I went to Sullivan's the other night and had a fantastic time! Our waiter, Sam, was very passionate about the restaurant and gave us very good service. The food was incredible, the ambiance was lovely, and we both enjoyed ourselves very much. Definitely nothing bad to say about Sullivan's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentJudieDined on 8/7/2014Seems like no matter how often we go to Sullivan's it's Always Excellent. We love the Mixers since we both are watching carbs. The meatloaf was like none other and the nearby table guests were wishing they had ordered the same. Our waiter provided super service always with a smile. We were not in the bar area but it sure is a popular spot. We like the dining room and this trip made the birthday lunch special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's -- Naperville, ILRickAnnapolisMDDined on 8/6/2014Great food and great company were experienced for my business dinner I hosted. The staff was excellent and couldn't have been any better. Perhaps that figured into the success of the meeting....Special Features:
- MIKE OUR WAITER ON SATURDAY NITEMARTHURDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding waiter, Mike, and food and service. Mike and the food are what really make Sullivans. All the staff was exception. We will be back.Special Features:
- Best Meal ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was beyond delicious our waitress was outstanding, very knowledgeable and friendly. Staff couldn't have been better all around. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This was the second time my wife and I spent our anniversary at Sullivan's. My wife loves the garlic mashed potatoes and made sure she got them again. We both had a New York strip and the wedge salad (both very good). I had three cheese mac instead of the potatoes and it didn't disappoint. We shared the bananas foster bread pudding and it was stupendous even on a fairly full stomach. The desert was on the house for our anniversary which was very nice of them to do. One other fun note is that they took our picture and put it in a sleeve and had multiple staff members sign it which was a nice way to remember the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse around!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Tried Sullivan's for the first time 6 years ago, ordered the filet and it was the best steak I've ever had. Living over an hour away, we have been making the trip 3-4 times a year and it's worth it. The service is outstanding, nothing like it. The food, amazing. The atmosphere, perfect. Nothing to improve here , it's already the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSamiamiuDined on 7/30/2014We go to Sullivan's for special events and family celebrations. Perfect steaks made to order and complimented with flavorful sides. Lauren was training Amy at our table and they had a nice rapport with us and each other. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone who has a little extra in their wallet for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Indulgence of choiceBob453Dined on 7/26/2014Sullivan's has become our go-to for celebration. WIth food as good as higher priced "Name spots" without the hassles (and expense) of travelling downtown. If you want a romantic evening go on a weekday and avoid the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine for special occasionPracticalDined on 7/26/2014You are paying a premium price for ...... what? The ability to tell others that you ate at Sullivan's? The only reason to go there is to impress whomever you are with (first date, business client, etc.) We're not into that mind set. SO many other better values in the Naperville area.Special Features:
- Hold the saltOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Salmon and garlic mash potatos were heavily oversalted. Could not eat. They brought us out a free dessert which I already had a coupon for so I asked them for a free after dinner drink and they agreed.Special Features:
- FoodFood4funDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent and well prepared. The calamari was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependableshirl10Dined on 7/25/2014All was good as usual---we didn't finish the caesar salad. Dressing didn't taste at all like a caesar dressing. Anchovies may have been missing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We always enjoy our evenings when we dine at Sullivan's in Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time CustomerHoochieCookieVIPDined on 7/23/2014We'll I have been coming here 3-4 times a year since they opened, probably 20 years. So I have seen the place under several iterations. This time was one of the lesser experiences, as they have (probably with the input of MBA's), stopped offering the traditional and classic wedge salad with a relatively expensive choice grade steak. Now it'a an additional cost. To replace the salad, they offer to smother the steak with a choice of 1 of 4 sauces. (Who wants to cover their expensive steak with a sauce ?). Seems the old school Chicago Steak house mentality has gone out the window. I do think they have made a significant improvement in their desert offerings, as they used to come out of a box, now they look and taste home-made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too priceyDJ61Dined on 7/21/2014Too expensive for me. There are many other spots with good food, service and ambience for a much better value.Special Features:
- Another great eveningkarch1Dined on 7/19/2014Our server was excellent and engaging and the food was great as always. Wine recommendation was excellent and bar drinks were done well also. New Prix Fix menu was a good idea.Special Features:
- CieloDined on 7/18/2014Simply the best steakhouse. The food is the best around and the service is truly exceptional.Special Features:
- Great for SteakLynnsFindsDined on 7/17/2014This is a classic upscale steak house. Although you can get a prix fixe dinner, most everything is ala carte. If you order a filet, that is the only thing on your plate so it is important to order sides to share. The sides are good portions, meant to be shared. Most of us had 8 oz petit filets and they are quite large and substantial. Burgers are a good size too if that is desired. There are other options to order as well such as fish entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.