Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
4501 West 119th Street
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9133450800x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our Private Dining Rooms, our Library also offers private or semi-private dining, perfect for any celebration with friends, family, or co-workers. We offer a variety of menu options for those who desire an all-inclusive package, and can accommodate parties of 10 – 85 guests in our private dining facilities.
Ask about our new Rewards Program and start earning points for each dollar you spend as our loyal guests!
- Entertainment: We have live jazz in our bar from 6-10PM nightly.
Thursdays: "Swingin' at Sully's" $6.00 select martinis/wines all night!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (44)notable wine list (42)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (11)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I consider Sullivan's to be a special occasion restaurant. The prices are on the high side so I only visit there when I want to have a memorable dining experience. While the service was very good and the atmosphere is high end, I was somewhat disappointed with the food. I had a steak, my guest, the salmon. These were delicious, a bit heavy on the salty side. We ordered a side of asparagus which was at best, plain and a bit oily. For the fees charged, I feel I should be overly impressed with every aspect of my visit--especially the food. Nice place--overall rating leans more towards atmosphere than the food.Special Features:
- Always Consistent QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This upscale steakhouse continues to be a great addition to the Kansas City market. With the departure of Ruth's Chris Sullivan's is nicely positioned to take up some of the slack. Similar quality steaks, huge sides and lovely desserts. The management makes regular visits to your table and seems genuinely interested in you having a great experience.Special Features:
- foodWowieVIPDined on 8/29/2014The steak was good and so was the salad. The side dish of asparagus were a joke. There were only about 12 stalks, not good quality and prepared very poorly for what they charge as a side item. The restaurant is very pretty inside and our waiter was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time/last timeDannyVIPDined on 8/28/2014we set at the bar, arrived for happy hour on Thursday, got the $7 shrimp appetizer which was very good, enjoyed the $7 wine and martinis, we both ordered Cesar salads and they were fine but not any thing to brag about, we both had the steak and lobster special for $44 and ordered a side of asparagus, we ordered our steaks medium rare, they came out medium, one lobster was over cooked and mushy, the entrees did not come with any sides, not even bread, very thing is al a cart. We thought this place was expensive for what you get compared to others. it was hard to get waited on at the bar even though there were 3 bartenders, we were offered another steak but didn't won't to wait so we were compted 2 chocolate desserts, which were quite goodSpecial Features:
- greatadventureDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service, good interaction with staff, jazz was superb, order served in timely but not rushed manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the food, service and atmosphere were all outstanding. We were celebrating a birthday and everything about the experience was excellent. Sullivan's is a top flight restaurant without the stuffy feeling you get in some fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service ever1stimeDined on 8/21/2014Received the best service ever. Waiter was excellent, as well as a manager that helped us select a wine. Food was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestFavoriteDined on 8/18/2014Sullivan's is with doubt the best restraunt we have ever been to. The food and drink, service and friendliness is great, to say the least. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale steakhouseBeachGirlKSDined on 8/16/2014Everything was excellent, but it is very pricey. Steaks start at $34 and all sides are extra. Crab cake appetizer includes one crab cake and costs $16.95. Whew!Special Features:
- amazing!bmooreDined on 8/16/2014My family was out of town so I went alone and had the best time. Manager suggested a perfect glass of wine, steak was terrific. Will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat4UDined on 8/9/2014Very good service and dining experience for our 40 th anniversary. Service , appetizers, meal was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencead1990Dined on 8/9/2014After having a terrible experience on Valentine's day, we decided to give this restaurant another try and celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Sullivan's went out of their way to make an amazing experience for us. The managers we're very helpful to the staff, our waiter might of been the best waiter I have ever had in my life, you could tell he loved what he does for a living, thank you Nick! Everyone helping Nick was also so professional and pleasant. Also, the hostess with the long blonde hair was amazing, she took our picture and then the staff signed it. It was one of the best, if not THE BEST dining experience we have ever had. Thank you so much Sullivan's!Special Features:
- Sullivan's latest experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014My 93rd year old mother specifically requested that we (herself, me, and my husband) go to dinner with her at Sullivan's to celebrate a special event. The server seemed pleasant, but certainly not as attentive as we were expecting. On two different occasions we had to ask for silverware. We also had to request delivery of the green bean side dish that we ordered. I look for consistency and the wow factor. Ever since the manager that opened the restaurant several years ago (I believe her name was Sherri??) moved on, I find the service to be inconsistent and not up to the standards that I had come to expect from Sullivan's. Something has changed at Sullivan's and I will probably find alternatives to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- BettyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Pre Fixe menu is an excellent choice. Great food. Excellent price.Special Features:
- Great placeincludingtacosDined on 8/3/2014Sullivan's has a great menu and a wonderful ambiance. You can have a quiet evening in the dining room or a lively night in the bar or on the patio. An all around good place for a date.Special Features:
- Consistently greatsatisfiedMikeDined on 7/30/2014My first experience with Sullivan's Steak House was in Houston, Texas and it was awesome, My 2nd, 3rd and 4th was in Austin, Texas and again it was awesome. Since being in Kansas City, I have gone several times, this last visit was with my company. Everyone commented on how great it was and we were still able to discuss business without yelling across the table. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Had a great dinner with a wonderfull bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and atmospheredeknuxDined on 7/23/2014Good wine selection, service and steaks. The menu is quite sufficient for one to choose from. Good location.Special Features:
- Jay & ChristinaMaBagainDined on 7/18/2014To purchase a $140 bottle of wine before dinner, sit in the bar area before going to our table an to have both waitresses that wasn't very good. Bar waitress never came back to the table to check on us an the dinner waitress didn't tell us anything about the steaks the different butters. Fumbled lair with words. Friendly but not good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Priced as if GreatD1819Dined on 6/27/2014It's a nice restaurant, but not great. When I spend $46 on a steak, with no sides included, I expect a great steak. It was only a good steak. In short, the food good, but it doesn't live up to the price. The exception was the shaved Brussels Sprouts, which may have been the best Brussels Sprouts that I've ever had. Also, a little too much noise from the music in the bar spilled over into the dining room. That may be okay in some instances, but I was entertaining business associates and the level was distracting.
- PriceySnowbirdfavDined on 6/26/2014I thought everything was to a fault of the restaurant, just not what we want to spend on dinner.Special Features:
- great evening!JimfromKCDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Sullivan's. Great service and food!! We had one issue with the bill which was mostly resolved, and I sent an email to the restaurant after that and never did hear back from them. That's not the type of attention to customer service I expect from a place such as Sullivan's. Nonetheless, we'll still go back, since the dining experience was otherwise top-notch.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!! - Not for childrenMelindaDined on 6/21/2014The food was amazing, the wine was incredible and the service was impeccable. The restaurant was fabulous! Our evening would have been perfect if the three year old boy who seemed to be very impressed with his vocal cords would have stayed home! Parents, please find a babysitter!!!! This is not a restaurant for children who don’t know how to behave. Or maybe it’s the parents who don’t know how to make their children behave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNoMeatForMeDined on 6/19/2014The service was fantastic. The noise was high and hard to enjoy a conversation and 3 out of 5 meals were incorrect at our table. Management was very polite and apologetic for it. Was a little disappointed because we were there for a birthday and it didn't quite go as well as I had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experience2disappointedDined on 6/15/2014Service was slower than usual at our table but guests that were seated after we were got their food before we did. I had to send my entree back because it was dry and overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 6/11/2014We went this time for a special occasion. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!photoduoDined on 6/7/2014For my wife and me, Sullivan's has always meant a special nite out for a consistently excellent meal. We've dined at Sullivan's in IL, NE & now KS. Perfectly prepared steaks, the BEST wedge salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our replacement for Ruth's ChrisrodcfpDined on 6/7/2014Since our community recently lost our Ruth's Chris we've been looking for a suitable replacement. It appears that Sullivan's is it. Great steaks, large alcarte sides, and excellent desserts. The wine list is extensive (maybe too large) and a varied choice of wines by the glass. The servers seem well trained and willing to meet your every needs. The manager stopped by twice to make sure everything was OK, and he seemed genuinely interested our food and service. We will continue to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Ordered steak well done but it was burnt. It was covered with crab so couldnt tell upon appearance. Once I started eating I realized it but didnt want send back and wait for another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced less than ordinary foodAlanVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have dined at fine restaurants all over the world. Sullivans isn't one. Waited 10 minutes in foyer for an indifferent hostess to appear. Ordered filets, and they had all the flavor of cardboard--one of worst steaks i've ever eaten. Au gratin potato side was just a bowl of half cooked spuds swimming in cheese & butter. 98% of their wines are ignorantly highly overpriced. Only bright spot of evening was the charming young man from Hawaii who waited our table. Will NEVER go back!
- Business DinnerLiketoentertainKCDined on 6/3/2014Took our client here and it everything was excellent. All the food and drink selections met everyone's expectations.Special Features:
- Good food, wonderful serviceLenexaNurseDined on 6/2/2014The food was nothing special to me, but the service made the experience exceptional. I did enjoy the Calamari appetizer and Bananas Foster Bread Pudding quite a bit. My salmon was good, a little lacking in flavor, though. Our server was excellent. We were celebrating my parent's 30th anniversary and the hostess set up the table with confetti and a very nice card for the occasion as well as offering complementary dessert. I think it really made them feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing eveningDatingdadkc1Dined on 6/2/2014Our server Billy was great! Charming and personable and very attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakJayCDined on 5/30/2014This is my favorite steak in town. On the higher end, price-wise. But worth it for a special occasion. They also have a great wine menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcertVIPDined on 5/23/2014It is a lovely restaurant. White linen tablecloths, etc. service was good. The food was nothing special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014My favorite restaurant. Superior service. They go the extra mile in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversity dinnerCoffee31Dined on 5/16/2014We wanted to go to an early dinner celebration. Appetizer was excellent ( calamari) the sides mashed potatoes was the best we had. I had lamb and was a little disappointed. The steak my wife had was very good. The coconut cream pie was the best we ever had. The only other disappointment was the coffee. It was not hot enough an was lacking in body and flavor. Something you should consider is the last thing I had was the coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff.Datingdadkc1Dined on 5/14/2014Our server RJ was just wonderful. The manager Joshua always makes my visit worth the trip itself. He makes all of my girls feel important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerdinnerDined on 5/12/2014we had not been to Sullivan's in awhile and celebrated our 35th wedding anniv there. Our server, Billy, was great! The gal that seated us gave us a lunch menu even tho we were there for dinner and Billy made sure we got the dinner menu. I know we got extra attention for our occasion but ALL the food we had was delicious. Billy made it extra special with his attention to us and great service. He is a very likeable person and very good at this job even tho he said it was his first job as a waiter and only been there 3 months. We were very pleased with the whole night and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Mothers DayjrisemanDined on 5/11/2014AS always, we had a great meal and a great server for Mother's Day. We both love the food and the ambience of Sullivans so will keep coming backSpecial Features: