Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
4501 West 119th Street
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9133450800x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our Private Dining Rooms, our Library also offers private or semi-private dining, perfect for any celebration with friends, family, or co-workers. We offer a variety of menu options for those who desire an all-inclusive package, and can accommodate parties of 10 – 85 guests in our private dining facilities.
Ask about our new Rewards Program and start earning points for each dollar you spend as our loyal guests!
- Entertainment: We have live jazz in our bar from 6-10PM nightly.
Thursdays: "Swingin' at Sully's" $6.00 select martinis/wines all night!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (45)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- serviceklc14Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter didn't talk much. He was some what rude to us and other waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a family night and wanted a special place to celebrate with a special dinner. We are fortunate to have a Country Club that is wonderful for dining both food and service, but it does not have really high end plates and wines. This restaurant had both. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the side dishes were excellent. We brought a special bottle of wine to enjoy, but also were enthralled with the wine list and the featured wines. My wife and I will definitely order off the wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Great special occasion restaurant. Can get a little noisy at times but during our 3 visits we have always been happy!Special Features:
- Great food and service...MikeDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good and the wine list is extensive. The only con to the experience was the noise level. We went for our anniversary and could not her each other talk. It wasn't what we were looking for, but for large groups, like the one next to us, it would be great. Definitely not a "date place" or quiet, romantic spot.Special Features:
- impressiveAceloverDined on 10/11/2014Food and service is excellent. A little bit pricey but we'll worth the money. Been back several times because of the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Would have enjoyed the experience a lot more if it weren't for the cigar smell/smoke drifting in from the patio right outside. There's only a few feet from the inside bar seating to the outside patio - I would think there is supposed to be a wider smoking area margin than what they are allowing. Too bad.
- Down from last timeTravelerDined on 10/7/2014I have frequented this restaurant a number of times when traveling to the area. This time the experience was much less than expected. The waitperson was new and did not remember what had been ordered, failed to bring coffee without being reminded and just overall did not seem to be particularly engaged. The steaks were tremendously over-peppered. All agreed that about all you could taste was pepper. Such a waste on a good piece of meat. The wine steward was excellent and spent quite a bit of time with us talking about options, etc.
- Good But PriceyLovesSteakDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food but $111 before tip for two people, with no alcohol, is a bit much. Also, the waitress claimed all of the sides were sized to be plenty for two. Seven spears of asparagus is not a serving for two. It is, at best, a moderate serving for one.Special Features:
- Best bet for a Birthday!fabfoodie3912Dined on 10/3/2014The weekend was not going to be my first preference for a night out. But we had a reservation and that took the fear out of a long wait. The restaurant is low light and light sound, and very intimate, which was nice. I had the special which was a filet with crab and creole butter and he had the 22oz cowboy ribeye and we were both very happy with our choices. The server was attentive and no glass ever went empty. The sommelier stopped to check on us early and offer his services. We had dessert on the house for his birthday and I think that was the best. They took our picture, put it in a little black mat frame that was signed by the whole staff! All in all an exceptional evening!Special Features:
- Best Dining in LeawoodXanonDined on 10/2/2014Our group had a great evening at Sullivan's. The food and atmosphere were excellent. However, the best part was the excellent service by Fred our waiter. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceBruceDined on 10/1/2014Excellent service with very good food would recommend for special occasions and business meetingsSpecial Features:
- DisappointingJayhawkFanDined on 10/1/2014We were there to celebrate a co-worker retiring this month. Five of us received our food but the other 3, who ordered meatloaf, did not receive their meal. Apparently there was an issue with the meatloaf. If there was an issue this should have been disclosed to us in the beginning so that they could have ordered something us. The five of us who received our meal finished our meal before the other 3 received their replacement meal. Simply not acceptable. The restaurant did comp those 3 meals as well as the desserts. This was intended to be a special time with our co-worker but unfortunately it was not.Special Features:
- MrOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Food and service were good. I thought that you should have a few little less expensive wines on the list. Like most restaurants you take much too large a markup on your wines. I saw wines on the list for $60 that I can buy RETAIL for $20 or less. In Europe the markups are much less.Special Features:
- Our first visit but not our last!!SandyDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Sullivan's after friends recommended it. We were there for our anniversary. From the minute we walked in until we left, the service was outstanding. Our waitress, Karly, was so helpful, informative and couldn't have been nicer. We ordered a couple of things she recommended, the cheesesteak egg roll appetizer and the bourbon peppercorn sauce for my filet, which was done exactly right. They have an almost endless wine selection. Everything we had was prepared to perfection and we look forward to eating at Sullivan's again! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Loved It!ChellarDined on 9/16/2014Sullivans has always been my favorite place in KC. It's a little on the pricey side, but sign up for their emails, and they usually have really good deals. I've been for work meetings, birthday parties, and dates.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything was delicious, service was wonderful. I do wish they had a few more affordable bottles of wine (under $35-$40), but otherwise very very good.Special Features:
- OverpricedBirthdayGirlDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but overpriced for what we received. I would rather go to Bristol.Special Features:
- Great food / service at Sullivan'sModiecastDined on 9/12/2014Sullivan's is always our first choice for fine dining. The wait staff is top notch and the food is always prepared perfectly. Sean the manager is a great host too. The bar scene is a real treat too!Special Features:
- Great employeesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014One of our group's steaks was not cooked as ordered and I feel the executive chef handled it very professionally. He cooked the steak again and then personally brought it to the table to make sure it was as the guest ordered. I also feel the manager on duty was very professional and welcoming. Great employees on board!Special Features:
- DinnerLadyribbit76Dined on 9/7/2014Sullivan's is always a great place to eat steaks. They have entertainment in the bar which is a bit noisy when you eat in the dining room. All in all it is a special place to celebrate Birthdays and Anniversaries.Special Features:
- Exquisite RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My 22oz bone-in ribeye was as good as it gets. My wife's halibut special was very good. Mac & cheese was special. The "table-dressed" baked potato was nothing special. Their only miscue was a banana's foster bread pudding which both of us agreed may be the worst bread pudding we have eaten anywhere. If you like pineapple, don't miss the Knockout Martini. Service was polished.Special Features:
- Expected moresteaklvrDined on 8/30/2014I consider Sullivan's to be a special occasion restaurant. The prices are on the high side so I only visit there when I want to have a memorable dining experience. While the service was very good and the atmosphere is high end, I was somewhat disappointed with the food. I had a steak, my guest, the salmon. These were delicious, a bit heavy on the salty side. We ordered a side of asparagus which was at best, plain and a bit oily. For the fees charged, I feel I should be overly impressed with every aspect of my visit--especially the food. Nice place--overall rating leans more towards atmosphere than the food.Special Features:
- Always Consistent QualityRodcfpDined on 8/30/2014This upscale steakhouse continues to be a great addition to the Kansas City market. With the departure of Ruth's Chris Sullivan's is nicely positioned to take up some of the slack. Similar quality steaks, huge sides and lovely desserts. The management makes regular visits to your table and seems genuinely interested in you having a great experience.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedNittanytomDined on 8/29/2014For the price, my expectations are fairly high and Sullivan's didn't deliver on my expectations. The service was the best part - attentive and informative. The food was less so. The filet mignon was OK. The garlic mashed potato side was OK. The appetizer/salad/soup were OK. That about sums up the meal - it was OK.Special Features:
- foodWowieVIPDined on 8/29/2014The steak was good and so was the salad. The side dish of asparagus were a joke. There were only about 12 stalks, not good quality and prepared very poorly for what they charge as a side item. The restaurant is very pretty inside and our waiter was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time/last timeDannyVIPDined on 8/28/2014we set at the bar, arrived for happy hour on Thursday, got the $7 shrimp appetizer which was very good, enjoyed the $7 wine and martinis, we both ordered Cesar salads and they were fine but not any thing to brag about, we both had the steak and lobster special for $44 and ordered a side of asparagus, we ordered our steaks medium rare, they came out medium, one lobster was over cooked and mushy, the entrees did not come with any sides, not even bread, very thing is al a cart. We thought this place was expensive for what you get compared to others. it was hard to get waited on at the bar even though there were 3 bartenders, we were offered another steak but didn't won't to wait so we were compted 2 chocolate desserts, which were quite goodSpecial Features:
- greatadventureDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service, good interaction with staff, jazz was superb, order served in timely but not rushed manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the food, service and atmosphere were all outstanding. We were celebrating a birthday and everything about the experience was excellent. Sullivan's is a top flight restaurant without the stuffy feeling you get in some fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service ever1stimeDined on 8/21/2014Received the best service ever. Waiter was excellent, as well as a manager that helped us select a wine. Food was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestFavoriteDined on 8/18/2014Sullivan's is with doubt the best restraunt we have ever been to. The food and drink, service and friendliness is great, to say the least. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale steakhouseBeachGirlKSDined on 8/16/2014Everything was excellent, but it is very pricey. Steaks start at $34 and all sides are extra. Crab cake appetizer includes one crab cake and costs $16.95. Whew!Special Features:
- amazing!bmooreDined on 8/16/2014My family was out of town so I went alone and had the best time. Manager suggested a perfect glass of wine, steak was terrific. Will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat4UDined on 8/9/2014Very good service and dining experience for our 40 th anniversary. Service , appetizers, meal was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencead1990Dined on 8/9/2014After having a terrible experience on Valentine's day, we decided to give this restaurant another try and celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Sullivan's went out of their way to make an amazing experience for us. The managers we're very helpful to the staff, our waiter might of been the best waiter I have ever had in my life, you could tell he loved what he does for a living, thank you Nick! Everyone helping Nick was also so professional and pleasant. Also, the hostess with the long blonde hair was amazing, she took our picture and then the staff signed it. It was one of the best, if not THE BEST dining experience we have ever had. Thank you so much Sullivan's!Special Features:
- Sullivan's latest experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014My 93rd year old mother specifically requested that we (herself, me, and my husband) go to dinner with her at Sullivan's to celebrate a special event. The server seemed pleasant, but certainly not as attentive as we were expecting. On two different occasions we had to ask for silverware. We also had to request delivery of the green bean side dish that we ordered. I look for consistency and the wow factor. Ever since the manager that opened the restaurant several years ago (I believe her name was Sherri??) moved on, I find the service to be inconsistent and not up to the standards that I had come to expect from Sullivan's. Something has changed at Sullivan's and I will probably find alternatives to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- BettyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Pre Fixe menu is an excellent choice. Great food. Excellent price.Special Features:
- Great placeincludingtacosDined on 8/3/2014Sullivan's has a great menu and a wonderful ambiance. You can have a quiet evening in the dining room or a lively night in the bar or on the patio. An all around good place for a date.Special Features:
- Consistently greatsatisfiedMikeDined on 7/30/2014My first experience with Sullivan's Steak House was in Houston, Texas and it was awesome, My 2nd, 3rd and 4th was in Austin, Texas and again it was awesome. Since being in Kansas City, I have gone several times, this last visit was with my company. Everyone commented on how great it was and we were still able to discuss business without yelling across the table. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Had a great dinner with a wonderfull bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and atmospheredeknuxDined on 7/23/2014Good wine selection, service and steaks. The menu is quite sufficient for one to choose from. Good location.Special Features: