Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
4501 West 119th Street
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (913) 345-0800
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our Private Dining Rooms, our Library also offers private or semi-private dining, perfect for any celebration with friends, family, or co-workers. We offer a variety of menu options for those who desire an all-inclusive package, and can accommodate parties of 10 – 85 guests in our private dining facilities.
Ask about our new Rewards Program and start earning points for each dollar you spend as our loyal guests!
- Entertainment: We have live jazz in our bar from 6-10PM nightly.
Thursdays: "Swingin' at Sully's" $6.00 select martinis/wines all night!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (58)notable wine list (54)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (40)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Delicious and AccommodatingJMMHVIPDined on 11/21/2014Because I have an allergy it may be difficult for me to eat out and still get extraordinary food. But I can do that here. The Executive Chef makes sure that the meal is great while keeping it safe for me. Our server was very nice and had no problem with this. For those with no allergies, the food on the menu is incredible, from their fresh seafood to their well cooked meats and interesting appetizers and dessert, you can get something for everyone here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'sMajesticVIPDined on 11/15/2014Chefs need to know how to cook a steak especially on a $400 bill. Extremely disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's Quality and ExcellenceJanDDined on 11/12/2014Our dinner was a corporate team event and everyone left well pleased with their meal and the service we received. The Calamari was the best I have ever had. The homemade Blue Cheese dressing, Drinks done to perfection and Crème Brule were highlights on our meal. Honestly, you could not ask for a better dining experience. Overall, Sulilvan's well worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveCH9DINERDined on 11/7/2014This was one of my favorite spots in Austin. So happy to find it in KC. Favorite meal is the filet with Gorgonzola and garlic butter, Mac n Cheese, and a pineapple knockout. It would be my last meal! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing amazing amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014From the moment we walked in the door we had a magical time! I made a reservation for my fiancé and he was greeted with a 'happy birthday!' From the manager when we arrived. We were treated to a romantic and classy night with amazing steak! What made it extra special was when the hostess took our picture and framed it for us I'm a frame signed by all the staff working that evening. Our night was so special and my fiancé felt so loved- it was more than I expected and we would definitely recommend them for their atmosphere, service, and good! 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Food was good, service was a little slow....the restaurant wasn't busy. I saw two people in the cooking area throwing something at each other....don't know what it was. And I saw the chef (had on the tall, white hat) eating in the kitchen. That made me wonder what he was eating and was he standing over something he was cooking.Special Features:
- VanceVIPDined on 10/31/2014Sullivan's was okay. We had a good Melbac wine. The price fixe menu was pricey and didn't include a dessert. One guest sent his steak back as too rare.Special Features:
- ELCIDDined on 10/31/2014Very nice...again. Food consistently great. Manager and assistant manager stopped by to make sure things were going well. Wine Steward helped with my Cab and we had a very nice night.Special Features:
- Good StuffRyeeDined on 10/30/2014This is the 3rd time I've eaten here and it never disappoints. It's pricey, but not over-priced, you get what you pay for. I had never had the oysters before, but we ordered two orders of them. Probably the best I've ever had, and I've lived on both coasts. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJMMHVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food here is always fresh and cooked to order, unless braised. That means you can order your food to be made how YOU like it. This time our server was outstanding, which is not always the case but normally it is good.Special Features:
- serviceklc14Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter didn't talk much. He was some what rude to us and other waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a family night and wanted a special place to celebrate with a special dinner. We are fortunate to have a Country Club that is wonderful for dining both food and service, but it does not have really high end plates and wines. This restaurant had both. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the side dishes were excellent. We brought a special bottle of wine to enjoy, but also were enthralled with the wine list and the featured wines. My wife and I will definitely order off the wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Great special occasion restaurant. Can get a little noisy at times but during our 3 visits we have always been happy!Special Features:
- Great food and service...MikeDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good and the wine list is extensive. The only con to the experience was the noise level. We went for our anniversary and could not her each other talk. It wasn't what we were looking for, but for large groups, like the one next to us, it would be great. Definitely not a "date place" or quiet, romantic spot.Special Features:
- impressiveAceloverDined on 10/11/2014Food and service is excellent. A little bit pricey but we'll worth the money. Been back several times because of the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Would have enjoyed the experience a lot more if it weren't for the cigar smell/smoke drifting in from the patio right outside. There's only a few feet from the inside bar seating to the outside patio - I would think there is supposed to be a wider smoking area margin than what they are allowing. Too bad.
- Down from last timeTravelerDined on 10/7/2014I have frequented this restaurant a number of times when traveling to the area. This time the experience was much less than expected. The waitperson was new and did not remember what had been ordered, failed to bring coffee without being reminded and just overall did not seem to be particularly engaged. The steaks were tremendously over-peppered. All agreed that about all you could taste was pepper. Such a waste on a good piece of meat. The wine steward was excellent and spent quite a bit of time with us talking about options, etc.
- Good But PriceyLovesSteakDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food but $111 before tip for two people, with no alcohol, is a bit much. Also, the waitress claimed all of the sides were sized to be plenty for two. Seven spears of asparagus is not a serving for two. It is, at best, a moderate serving for one.Special Features:
- Best bet for a Birthday!fabfoodie3912Dined on 10/3/2014The weekend was not going to be my first preference for a night out. But we had a reservation and that took the fear out of a long wait. The restaurant is low light and light sound, and very intimate, which was nice. I had the special which was a filet with crab and creole butter and he had the 22oz cowboy ribeye and we were both very happy with our choices. The server was attentive and no glass ever went empty. The sommelier stopped to check on us early and offer his services. We had dessert on the house for his birthday and I think that was the best. They took our picture, put it in a little black mat frame that was signed by the whole staff! All in all an exceptional evening!Special Features:
- Best Dining in LeawoodXanonDined on 10/2/2014Our group had a great evening at Sullivan's. The food and atmosphere were excellent. However, the best part was the excellent service by Fred our waiter. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceBruceDined on 10/1/2014Excellent service with very good food would recommend for special occasions and business meetingsSpecial Features:
- DisappointingJayhawkFanDined on 10/1/2014We were there to celebrate a co-worker retiring this month. Five of us received our food but the other 3, who ordered meatloaf, did not receive their meal. Apparently there was an issue with the meatloaf. If there was an issue this should have been disclosed to us in the beginning so that they could have ordered something us. The five of us who received our meal finished our meal before the other 3 received their replacement meal. Simply not acceptable. The restaurant did comp those 3 meals as well as the desserts. This was intended to be a special time with our co-worker but unfortunately it was not.Special Features:
- MrOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Food and service were good. I thought that you should have a few little less expensive wines on the list. Like most restaurants you take much too large a markup on your wines. I saw wines on the list for $60 that I can buy RETAIL for $20 or less. In Europe the markups are much less.Special Features:
- Our first visit but not our last!!SandyDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Sullivan's after friends recommended it. We were there for our anniversary. From the minute we walked in until we left, the service was outstanding. Our waitress, Karly, was so helpful, informative and couldn't have been nicer. We ordered a couple of things she recommended, the cheesesteak egg roll appetizer and the bourbon peppercorn sauce for my filet, which was done exactly right. They have an almost endless wine selection. Everything we had was prepared to perfection and we look forward to eating at Sullivan's again! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Loved It!ChellarDined on 9/16/2014Sullivans has always been my favorite place in KC. It's a little on the pricey side, but sign up for their emails, and they usually have really good deals. I've been for work meetings, birthday parties, and dates.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything was delicious, service was wonderful. I do wish they had a few more affordable bottles of wine (under $35-$40), but otherwise very very good.Special Features:
- OverpricedBirthdayGirlDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but overpriced for what we received. I would rather go to Bristol.Special Features:
- Great food / service at Sullivan'sModiecastDined on 9/12/2014Sullivan's is always our first choice for fine dining. The wait staff is top notch and the food is always prepared perfectly. Sean the manager is a great host too. The bar scene is a real treat too!Special Features:
- Great employeesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014One of our group's steaks was not cooked as ordered and I feel the executive chef handled it very professionally. He cooked the steak again and then personally brought it to the table to make sure it was as the guest ordered. I also feel the manager on duty was very professional and welcoming. Great employees on board!Special Features:
- DinnerLadyribbit76Dined on 9/7/2014Sullivan's is always a great place to eat steaks. They have entertainment in the bar which is a bit noisy when you eat in the dining room. All in all it is a special place to celebrate Birthdays and Anniversaries.Special Features:
- Exquisite RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My 22oz bone-in ribeye was as good as it gets. My wife's halibut special was very good. Mac & cheese was special. The "table-dressed" baked potato was nothing special. Their only miscue was a banana's foster bread pudding which both of us agreed may be the worst bread pudding we have eaten anywhere. If you like pineapple, don't miss the Knockout Martini. Service was polished.Special Features:
- Expected moresteaklvrDined on 8/30/2014I consider Sullivan's to be a special occasion restaurant. The prices are on the high side so I only visit there when I want to have a memorable dining experience. While the service was very good and the atmosphere is high end, I was somewhat disappointed with the food. I had a steak, my guest, the salmon. These were delicious, a bit heavy on the salty side. We ordered a side of asparagus which was at best, plain and a bit oily. For the fees charged, I feel I should be overly impressed with every aspect of my visit--especially the food. Nice place--overall rating leans more towards atmosphere than the food.Special Features:
- Always Consistent QualityRodcfpDined on 8/30/2014This upscale steakhouse continues to be a great addition to the Kansas City market. With the departure of Ruth's Chris Sullivan's is nicely positioned to take up some of the slack. Similar quality steaks, huge sides and lovely desserts. The management makes regular visits to your table and seems genuinely interested in you having a great experience.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedNittanytomDined on 8/29/2014For the price, my expectations are fairly high and Sullivan's didn't deliver on my expectations. The service was the best part - attentive and informative. The food was less so. The filet mignon was OK. The garlic mashed potato side was OK. The appetizer/salad/soup were OK. That about sums up the meal - it was OK.Special Features:
- foodWowieVIPDined on 8/29/2014The steak was good and so was the salad. The side dish of asparagus were a joke. There were only about 12 stalks, not good quality and prepared very poorly for what they charge as a side item. The restaurant is very pretty inside and our waiter was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time/last timeDannyVIPDined on 8/28/2014we set at the bar, arrived for happy hour on Thursday, got the $7 shrimp appetizer which was very good, enjoyed the $7 wine and martinis, we both ordered Cesar salads and they were fine but not any thing to brag about, we both had the steak and lobster special for $44 and ordered a side of asparagus, we ordered our steaks medium rare, they came out medium, one lobster was over cooked and mushy, the entrees did not come with any sides, not even bread, very thing is al a cart. We thought this place was expensive for what you get compared to others. it was hard to get waited on at the bar even though there were 3 bartenders, we were offered another steak but didn't won't to wait so we were compted 2 chocolate desserts, which were quite goodSpecial Features:
- greatadventureDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service, good interaction with staff, jazz was superb, order served in timely but not rushed manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the food, service and atmosphere were all outstanding. We were celebrating a birthday and everything about the experience was excellent. Sullivan's is a top flight restaurant without the stuffy feeling you get in some fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service ever1stimeDined on 8/21/2014Received the best service ever. Waiter was excellent, as well as a manager that helped us select a wine. Food was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestFavoriteDined on 8/18/2014Sullivan's is with doubt the best restraunt we have ever been to. The food and drink, service and friendliness is great, to say the least. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.