Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
3316 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3175801280x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 - 2:30. Bar remains open all day.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00 - 11:00
Dinner: Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party space is available for 10-100 people daily for lunch and dinner. Featuring newly renovated banquet rooms including A/V equipment. We can accommodate any budget. Let Sullivan's be your destination for cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners, family celebrations, corporate events and more.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Monday - Saturday featuring vocals on Wednesday and Friday. Live Jazz Trio every Thursday for Swingin' at Sully's.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)romantic (77)notable wine list (69)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (44)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (20)great for lunch (20)late-night find (14)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We chose Sullivan's as the spot to celebrate my mother's birthday. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and more importantly the service was great, attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Mrs FayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We celebrated my daughters birthday, everyone was very attentive, other waiters helping others. We were served my salad and a soup, then a waiter came with another soup and the shrimp cocktail, a bit of a miss step, the soup was not very hot. Béarnaise sauce was not warm. But other wise we always enjoy coming never feel rushed, food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Sullivan's has always been one of my favorite steakhouses in Indy, but this experience was rather ordinary. The service was just ok....not the level I would expect. The staff did a good job passing on their best wishes for my wife's birthday. The food was also just ok....and the portions were rather small for the price. All in all, just very middle of the road.Special Features:
- A little disappointing :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I absolutely LOVE Sullivan's, but this last visit was less than ideal. We had a reservation, but still waited 30 mins to be seated. That wasn't so bad, but our waitress & the noise level just kinda ruined the experience. Our waitress brought my husband & I the wrong drinks. We were with another couple & 3 of 4 of us ordered soup/salad and she forgot to bring one out so it came with the meal & that seemed pointless. And we had to flag her down when we needed her bc she never came to check on us, we even asked another waitress at one point to find her. :( and the noise level was so high we couldn't hear one another across the table. I know that can't be helped, but it wasn't pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/20/2014Always a great dinner with great wait staff. Greeters could be a bit more compassionate when 745 reservation turns into 810 because they overbooked. Entry way was far too crowded due to a poor lack of planning bit, as usual, cooks and wait staff make your forget about that pretty fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Saturday night extremely busy. (expected) Service was good, some confusion on staffs part they brought our meal to us 3 times then over cooked . This was suppose to be a special night for a romantic get away and engagement. But Aaron Conover did his part as a great manager and helped with the delivery of a special desert and ring. He also took care of the bill because of the confusion. We did not expect that. May be sometime we can return for a decent meal served right the first time. At least we will have memories of our special night. Thanks TjSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Arrived a few minutes early for a 7:00 reservation. We checked in, and at the hostess' suggestion, had a cocktail in the bar. At 15 minutes past our reservation time, checked with the hostess who said they couldn't find us. Waited 15 minutes after being seated and had to ask for bread. Finally had meals delivered with no indication of which steak was prepared med, which medium rare. Medium rare was quite rare, medium was more medium rare. Sent back the rare steak and it came out charred on the outside. Both were chewy and grisly. No offer was even made for dessert. Have eaten at Sullivan's several times before so we were looking forward a nice "date night," but were very disappointed.
- Slow ServerfridatenitesDined on 9/19/2014Been coming to Sullivan's for about 8 years and its usually great. This time we got a poor server. He would come up to the table and rush us and be gone in 10 seconds but yet we waited forever for everything. It was a good 45-50 minutes from salad to entree. Also, noise level was not what you'd expect from a true high end experience. We will be back because food was great we just think it was a poor waiter this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckGDined on 9/18/2014Great service and steaks perfectly cooked. A little loud but overall a great dinner. The sides are big and perfect to share.Special Features:
- FantasticStgibbDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful first visit and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceFood2liveforDined on 9/13/2014This was our first dining experience at Sullivan's Steak House. The food was wonderful and prepared to perfection from start to finish. Appetizers were great, and melt in your mouth steak that was cooked to my specific liking. (The Blondie Brownie to love for). Impeccable service and pleasant servers. My husband chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday. I was so pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's SteakhouseChardonnayGregDined on 9/6/2014Noisy, noisy, noisy!!!!!!!!! Tables too close together causing my date and I to be constantly bumped into. Food only OK. Probably would not return.
- Slow ServicedatenightDined on 9/6/2014We normally enjoy going to Sullivans for their food and lively atmosphere but our last 2 visits has been not been great. Our service was slow. She asked if we wanted a minute to look over the menu but the minute turned into 10 minutes and having to stop her as she walked by the table to tell her we were ready to order. The ribeye steak was not cooked properly, we asked for medium rare plus and it came out still cool in the center. In my opinion any upscale restaurant that doesn't cook your steak properly should take the pricey steak off your check since one person has to wait while the other eats. That way you feel some sense of regard from the establishment about our date night away from home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!LouisvilleLindaVIPDined on 9/4/2014I visit Indianapolis for a week twice a year. Year after year, I find myself having dinner at Sullivan's every night. The food and service are always top notch and the manager, Kimberly, is a real gem.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDineoutDined on 9/2/2014The fillet and New York strip were excellent and our server was a delight. Their wine list is pretty comprehensive. The atmosphere is pleasant if just a touch too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedGraybeardDined on 9/1/2014Food was prepared well and staff oversold the steaks, I had Lamb and got 4 small chops for $40, Overpriced in my boookSpecial Features:
- Out on the townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Sullivan's is a wonderful place to go for a good time. The food is delicious and the service is Excellent.Special Features:
- HamburgDined on 8/29/2014Despite reservation table location in enclosed porch without any atmosphere . Both steaks came well done despite order for medium and medium rare. After complaint it took 20! minutes to get new ones . Veggies were cold by that time, got new ones. Too expensive for an experience like that!
- Saturday dinnerSullivans8232014Dined on 8/23/2014My work colleagues and I had a wonderful dinner experience at Sullivan's. Our server was excellent, the management staff was excellent, and they truly made us feel like VIPs. I know for a fact that my colleagues definitely left Sullivan's with a very high opinion of the restaurant, food, management, and will all definitely be back to other Sullivan's or Del Frisco's restaurants when they are on additional work trips. Thank you to the whole staff at Sullivan's for making our experience a wonderful and memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014My husband & I were celebrating our 34th anniversary, which I noted on my reservation. Our friends decided to join us, as they were celebrating their 35th. Each & every employee couldn't have been nicer. Our server was AWESOME. Meal was wonderful. We appreciated the extra treat of a comp dessert and a take-home photo!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Sullivans has been one our favorites for years. Never has let us down! Service was awesome, as well as the food, and atmosphere. A little loud, but we knew that going in. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse For The PricePop1Dined on 8/23/2014In a crowded field of steak houses in Indianapolis, Sullivan's is a great choice. It provides excellent quality of food at a reasonable prices. Staff provides service at the right level - there when you need them but not overbearing. The fixed-price menu choice with appetizer, salad, and entre is a particularly good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Must.OldtimerDined on 8/21/2014Really had a Great time celebrating our 45th Anniversary. Wait staff was fantastic, our dinners were awesome, done perfectly, will definitely tell all how great it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a good friendTime2shareDined on 8/21/2014We chose to dine with you early to have a nice quiet time to catch up and enjoy one of your lobster and filet specials. Our waitress was very nice. Drinks and dinner were very good. As it got later in the evening, there were more people there. Not a problem until the waiter at the next table was rather loudly encouraging the folks to try various things but unfortunately for us he was very close to us and we could not hear anything except his voice. They really looked capable of reading the menu.I know he was just trying to service his table but he needed to be aware of surrounding tables. I am just mentioning this as a reminder. Everything was great, sharing a desert was a super idea. We left feeling presently full and will be back.Special Features:
- ExceptionalPrinc50Dined on 8/18/2014Food, drinks, and service at Sullivan's is excellent. You will not be disappointed. However, price can be a little steep if you are not expecting it. Great place to celebrate that special occasion in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When times were goodluv2dine32Dined on 8/17/2014I use to frequent Sullivans quite a bit prior to the Great Recession. I was definitely not disappointed knowing that this was a once a quarter date night. As always the food was delicious & the service was impeccable. I have always preferred Ruth's (downtown) ambience over Sullivans, but the food & service has always been best at Sullivans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow...EngagedDined on 8/16/2014We went to Sullivan's for a nice, romantic dinner for our 6th anniversary. We were not disappointed. It was a little pricey, but everything came together to create a fantastic evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Consistent again!KoopDined on 8/16/2014Every time we go here it never disappoints. Our daughter was heading out to college and we wanted to send her off with a great meal. Some bisque, shrimp cocktail and a few filet mignons later voila! Mission accomplished!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTlindZDined on 8/15/2014I have only been a few times because it is a bit on the expensive side but the food is always awesome! Definitely try the cheesesteak egg rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with the girls!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I took my good friend and our three 9 yr old daughters last night, and none of us had any idea of what to expect. Too often when taking children out to dinner, especially at a 'nice' restaurant, staff treat you as a burden...NOT AT SULLIVAN'S!!!! Garrett was awesome, the complimentary valet parking staff were super friendly...I honestly cannot rave enough about the ENTIRE staff! Oh, and the steaks...OMG..s.o good!! Like cutting butter! They even ended up giving us 2 complimentary desserts for our table, and I have NO idea why! This is an amazing experience, and I am SO glad I had the opportunity to share it with my favorite people!! Despite the cost (worth EVERY SINGLE penny), we will be making this an annual event for the five of us!!Special Features:
- Outstanding food!capersuasionDined on 8/14/2014I was out on business in the Indy area and chose Sullivan's based on other customer reviews. It did not disappoint! I ordered off of the $39 fixed price menu. The cheesesteak eggrolls are an absolute must! I could have made a meal off of those all night, unfortunately there were only 2 on the plate. The second option was the Caesar salad which was absolutely delicious! I special ordered my filet to be cooked medium plus and they nailed it! The white cheddar au gratin potatoes were the only item that was good but didn't stand out. I was nervous to try the horseradish mashed potatoes for fear they would be too spicy. The staff was pleasant and attentive. I never had an empty glass and bread was brought out immediately. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I wanted a special place to take our adult children to dinner. We had a great table away from traffic which made it easy for conversation. Our waitress was eager to provide excellent service without being a bother. We all had a delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFrequentoutsidedinerDined on 8/9/2014Selected Sullivan's for our 28th anniversary dinner. I've eaten at Sullivan's in Chicago many times. Overall, this was a good experience with great service. My filet was a little overcooked, but the staff made up for it with offers of complimentary wine or dessert. I would still go back since they seemed to truly care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dougDined on 8/9/2014Always a good place to go out to eat. I did not like the extra room attached to the bar. It was to bright.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Saturday evening, so it was rather crowded and busy. Service was very good, and food was OK. We thought the menu was good but rather pricey.Special Features:
- Standout Food and ServiceFoodSnobDined on 8/9/2014Frequently do lunch here, but it had been a short while since we had done dinner here. WOW! Forgot what we were missing. Everything was fantastic and exceed our expectations. Perfect place to celebrate our anniversary! THANK YOU SULLIVANS!Special Features:
- our meal exceeded our expectationsSalmonloverDined on 8/9/2014Everything from our celebratory cocktails, appetizers, entree choices, salads, wine, bread, vegetables, dessert and coffee were delicious. Despite the many famous steak houses in Indianapolis, Sullivan's is conveniently located, has the friendliest staff, a remarkable menu and provides a consistently fine dining experience. It's easy to plan a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top NotchRFCarmelVIPDined on 8/8/2014Returned to celebrate wedding anniversary... Terrific time! Outstanding service from Evan..again, and as usual! Must try the horseradish mash potatoes and one of the soufflés! My wife loved the kale salad and lobster bisque! My favorite is the 8oz Filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Unfortunately, steaks weren't done as ordered. Very over done. Some were sent back and returned at the right temp. Staff made extra effort to get them right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014This was a fun night. Music, $7.00 drinks, menu specials, the restaurant was full. whats not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.