Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
3316 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3175801280x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 - 2:30. Bar remains open all day.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00 - 11:00
Dinner: Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party space is available for 10-100 people daily for lunch and dinner. Featuring newly renovated banquet rooms including A/V equipment. We can accommodate any budget. Let Sullivan's be your destination for cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners, family celebrations, corporate events and more.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Monday - Saturday featuring vocals on Wednesday and Friday. Live Jazz Trio every Thursday for Swingin' at Sully's.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)romantic (85)notable wine list (78)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (54)vibrant bar scene (47)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (24)late-night find (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent. From the valet, to the server, to the management, we were made to feel special. The steak was a little overdone, but the experience was so enjoyable, it didn`t matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional ExperienceWolffDined on 10/18/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, the service and experience was exceptional. Our server was top-notch and the food was amazing. I'd highly recommend Sullivan's for that special occasion (we were there for our 20th anniversary), or just a nice night out.Special Features:
- Overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Went a year ago and nothing short of perfection. This time 3 times servers asked if these side were ours and they were not. Dry aged steak ribeye long bone was tough and way overpriced for what I got. Our other dinner the duo was perfect.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014My wife's steak was grossly over cooked. Had heard good things but we were disappointed with steaks. Perhaps the "sure thing" dinner choice was a poor choice. My New York was at least close to being cooked correctly. I ordered median, and it was quoted as being "bright pink". It did have alittle pink in it. We feel a restaurant of this stature should impress its customers. My steak did not accomplish that. It was our 31st anniversary and I wanted a nice meal for us. My wife should've sent her filet back. It is not her nature to do that and she just went ahead and ate it well done. Really sorry our evening disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Tables are way to close together. We could have eaten off the table next to ours. The steaks were good but the sides were just okay. Waitress was very friendly but our conversations were constantly interrupted.Special Features:
- Great FoodSharoDined on 10/17/2014Have eaten here many times and never disappointed. Food is always wonderful and prepared just right. Staff always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Went here for my wedding Anniversary dinner. Food was great. Only thing is we were set in the very back at the kitchen. A lot of kitchen activity/noise around - not sure why we were in the back given the restaurant wasn't that full. Probably because we were dressed causal and had our daughter.Special Features:
- Great timeiucatmanDined on 10/11/2014Did our 39th anniversary and had a wonderful meal, service, and drinks. Both the server and John the Mgr. went out of their way to make the evening great. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great SteakGoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014The steaks were very good, and the wait staff was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServiceBrianDined on 10/10/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed the food and service. In particular, Kathryn was an outstanding waitress as she was very attentive to our dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing lunchNanzjayhaz5051Dined on 10/10/2014Went to Sullivan's for a leisure lunch with friends. Food and service were outstanding and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- ExcellentMmindianaDined on 10/8/2014The seabass was excellent. My husband had a filet that he also loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the staff - food is amazing !MadDogDined on 10/5/2014Shannon (server) is like family. She greets us by name and is relevant in conversation. Food is always 5 stars - 1 complaint - BRING BACK THE COCONUT CREAM PIE !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionLove2eatDined on 10/2/2014Hostess, waitress and even the water girl were very friendly. The manager even came out to walk the dining room and say hello to people, that's always a nice touch! Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014We had some amazing seafood, including the tuna, salmon, and crab cake. Our server was phenomenal. The key is to get there when they open before they get too busy. Their food is ok, but their service is pretty consistent on being great!
- SammyDined on 10/1/2014We had outstanding service and the steak was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014The food and service was wonderful. The staff was really attentive and know the menu items well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceasianlakeDined on 9/28/2014Love this place. Food is fantastic, service is wonderful, and I love going for a date night with my hubby. Will certainly return soon!Special Features:
- Filet disappointmentSadbuthDined on 9/28/2014Service and food overall very good. My only complaint is my 6oz filet was grizzly and I should have sent it back. However, my wife & I were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary & I didn't want to make a fuss.Special Features:
- Food was perfect. We were cold.TSAvonDined on 9/27/2014Great dinner. Food was cooked perfectly. Merlot was perfect. Only issue was too chilly for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The ambiance was good, the waitress was wonderful, the frozen mudslide was to die for! The food was not spectacular ..... the steaks were so so .... especially the "oscar" finish. The potatoes au gratin were lack luster .... For the prices we paid we expected that everything would be amazing. Also, when the waiter boxed up our leftovers .... we were given SOMEONE ELSE'S left over steak!!! It was a filet with no toppings .... the four of us ate steak but each steak had a topping :(
- good birthday placesamoDined on 9/27/2014great food and great service we havent been there in a long time but will be back. The negative was the hostess. We waited a long time to be seated.Special Features:
- Over-run by PeopleFineDiner1971Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant had a party of 24 right in the center of the room. It was loud & very crowded. The service was poor probably because she was assigned too many tables. We requested a table & got a booth which was uncomfortable. The food was lukewarm & steaks were not very tender. We will not be back. Also, the bartender didn`t make our drinks correctly & we paid $20 for two drinks not including tip. I left half my drink. We, party of 3 @ 6:00pm, had a miserable evening & spent almost $200.Special Features:
- friday nite date4569Dined on 9/26/2014Busy evening at Sullivan's. "North Side Nights" was happening. We had a drink at the bar first. Bartenders are VERY good. Band in the bar was fun. Service VERY good. Only criticism: VERY expensive--Way overpriced. $10 for a Jack Daniels & Coke. LOL Twice as much as any normal place. Had a booth reserved in the dining room. Had dinner. Again, service VERY good. Server was good. The Ahi was "ok." Steak was good. Again...meal way over priced. Just as expensive as Fleming's, but not as polished. Will probably just go to the bar in the future for drinks and will skip the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John Englumjohn42Dined on 9/26/2014Food, price, service and staff were great for our 44th anniversary!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twonicole08Dined on 9/26/2014We had a lovely time, the food was amazing, the service was excellent. It was a great night at Sullivan's! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great time. Service and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- great first experienceJacknsheriDined on 9/25/2014First time at Sullivan's and I'd highly recommend it. Great food and outstanding service. Somewhat loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'shappyfanDined on 9/25/2014The experience would be perfect if it had not been noisy with table extremely close together. But the service was good--not great as it was a bit slow, but the server was helpful and the manager did come by to check on us. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's DelightBoppaDined on 9/23/2014Excelkent service. Steaks cooked as ordered. Fixed price menu was an excellent dinner choice for my wife and me on a surprisingly busy Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!beautycleanDined on 9/21/2014We chose Sullivan's as the spot to celebrate my mother's birthday. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and more importantly the service was great, attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Mrs FayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We celebrated my daughters birthday, everyone was very attentive, other waiters helping others. We were served my salad and a soup, then a waiter came with another soup and the shrimp cocktail, a bit of a miss step, the soup was not very hot. Béarnaise sauce was not warm. But other wise we always enjoy coming never feel rushed, food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Sullivan's has always been one of my favorite steakhouses in Indy, but this experience was rather ordinary. The service was just ok....not the level I would expect. The staff did a good job passing on their best wishes for my wife's birthday. The food was also just ok....and the portions were rather small for the price. All in all, just very middle of the road.Special Features:
- A little disappointing :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I absolutely LOVE Sullivan's, but this last visit was less than ideal. We had a reservation, but still waited 30 mins to be seated. That wasn't so bad, but our waitress & the noise level just kinda ruined the experience. Our waitress brought my husband & I the wrong drinks. We were with another couple & 3 of 4 of us ordered soup/salad and she forgot to bring one out so it came with the meal & that seemed pointless. And we had to flag her down when we needed her bc she never came to check on us, we even asked another waitress at one point to find her. :( and the noise level was so high we couldn't hear one another across the table. I know that can't be helped, but it wasn't pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usualbriannVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always a great dinner with great wait staff. Greeters could be a bit more compassionate when 745 reservation turns into 810 because they overbooked. Entry way was far too crowded due to a poor lack of planning bit, as usual, cooks and wait staff make your forget about that pretty fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Saturday night extremely busy. (expected) Service was good, some confusion on staffs part they brought our meal to us 3 times then over cooked . This was suppose to be a special night for a romantic get away and engagement. But Aaron Conover did his part as a great manager and helped with the delivery of a special desert and ring. He also took care of the bill because of the confusion. We did not expect that. May be sometime we can return for a decent meal served right the first time. At least we will have memories of our special night. Thanks TjSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Arrived a few minutes early for a 7:00 reservation. We checked in, and at the hostess' suggestion, had a cocktail in the bar. At 15 minutes past our reservation time, checked with the hostess who said they couldn't find us. Waited 15 minutes after being seated and had to ask for bread. Finally had meals delivered with no indication of which steak was prepared med, which medium rare. Medium rare was quite rare, medium was more medium rare. Sent back the rare steak and it came out charred on the outside. Both were chewy and grisly. No offer was even made for dessert. Have eaten at Sullivan's several times before so we were looking forward a nice "date night," but were very disappointed.
- WonderfulCarptiniDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Sullivan's 3 times now. It is more of a special occasion spot for us. It is a wonderful experience every time. The food is beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialBrittenmanorDined on 9/19/2014They were on pointe as far as sitting us on time for our reservation but it went down hill from there. It then took our server twenty minutes just to take our drink order and our food came about an hour later. Still for a great piece of steak I would have forgiven all, but even my steak was a bit dry. Especially since I ordered it medium done. Lets just say it was no St. Elmo's or Chris Ruth's.Special Features:
- Slow ServerfridatenitesDined on 9/19/2014Been coming to Sullivan's for about 8 years and its usually great. This time we got a poor server. He would come up to the table and rush us and be gone in 10 seconds but yet we waited forever for everything. It was a good 45-50 minutes from salad to entree. Also, noise level was not what you'd expect from a true high end experience. We will be back because food was great we just think it was a poor waiter this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.