Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
3316 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (317) 580-1280
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 - 2:30. Bar remains open all day.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00 - 11:00
Dinner: Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party space is available for 10-100 people daily for lunch and dinner. Featuring newly renovated banquet rooms including A/V equipment. We can accommodate any budget. Let Sullivan's be your destination for cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners, family celebrations, corporate events and more.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Monday - Saturday featuring vocals on Wednesday and Friday. Live Jazz Trio every Thursday for Swingin' at Sully's.
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (83)notable wine list (82)good for groups (64)fit for foodies (60)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (21)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointed with lunchGeorgeDined on 11/20/2014Took my spouse to lunch as a surprise for her. She has suggested Sullivan's several times lately based on trips there before in the not so recent past. We went at 12:30 so as to miss the noon rush. We were seated immediately and waited on very quickly. We both ordered the luncheon trio which inluded Bleu Cheese Meatloaf, a wedge salad and a side. Wedge salad was very good. I had Parmesan fries as my side....Unimaginative.. I thought the meatloaf was "mushy" and other than an overdose of sage, I thought it was very tasteless. It may hVe had bleu cheese in it but it was not obvious. In spite of the main entree, wait staff inattentiveness was my reason for low rating. Our waiter had two tables, ours and another two top. He was not very observant of my desire to order a second glass of wine until Lu ch was almost over. Doubt if I will try again for lunch.
- ExcellentWinoDined on 11/16/2014We were there for a special occasion and could not have chosen a better place. The food, service and manager, Jeannie, were all outstanding. Thank you for having a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than the wait....CardsfanfromoutoftownDined on 11/15/2014We had an 8:15 reservation, they were running 45 minutes behind with seating. Service was great, waitress was Excellent. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, overcrowded, poor service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We came to celebrate, so dissapointing. It was So overcrowded, you had to move sideways to squeeze between tables,people everywhere including the "lobby", two angry people demanding to see the manager about mishandled reservations as we tried to get through the crowd to exit. The service was so very poor, I think we saw our waitress three times the whole meal with long waits in between, and several attempts to get her attention. The food was great. The whole experience ruined our evening and was expensive. This is not our first time here, but it was so dissapointing that it certainly will be our last.
- Anniversary DinnerJB1820Dined on 11/10/2014We had a great experience at Sullivan's for our anniversary dinner. The service was excellent and they took the extra time to make sure everything was perfect. Very good value when it comes to classier/ upscale steak houses. I would recommend Sullivan's for anyone looking for a place to go for business, special occasion or even just a night out. The bar area looked nice as well with a more laid back atmosphere which we will try next time. They added a nice touch by taking our picture and giving it to us before we left with the date and a happy anniversary memo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bone in Filet & Orin Swift WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Wonderful Food, great service, place was packed....easy to see why. Steak was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJudyDined on 11/7/2014Our server's name was Tracey McNamara. She was excellent. Professional, friendly and attentive. We always have good service at Sullivans, but sometimes are better than others. She should be commended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy foodAllanDined on 11/3/2014Nobody warns about spicy food. But the waitress was excellent in serviceSpecial Features:
- Good food but too loud/busy.SweetbtDined on 11/3/2014Good food but loud and very busy staff...must have been training day as 2 people seemed to be doing every job. Did not make for a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total package in a restaurantFoodie4LifeDined on 11/3/2014I've always gone for dinner in the past and you just can't find a better filet, mushrooms and their heavenly wedge salad! Today the girls and I met up for lunch for the first time and we couldn't had been more pleased. Of course we all had the wedge(I think the blue cheese dressing has crack in it because it is soooo good) and all had the French onion soup. Which in our opinion, is the best in the city!!! Our service was great! Matt was very friendly and anticipated our every need before we had to ask. I will be a customer for life even though it's a 100 mile round trip for me. Very much worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reccomend BAR ONLYNotafanVIPDined on 11/2/2014Sullivans has a very good, reasonably priced bar menu. I long ago cut ties with Sullivans , though it once upon a time was my favorite. Beef is choice, NOT prime, and everything has slipped, from bread to salad to steaks. All nearby competitors are better. But the bar is an oasis.
- Great FoodBassPlayerDined on 11/2/2014Sullivan's is a great place to eat. Fantastic food, great service without someone constantly floating around your table. Creative side dishes, super tender steaks. Very friendly waitress and very nice settings.Special Features:
- sub-par experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I've dined many times at Sullivans and it is one of my favorite places to go, but I thought the service was a little slow (refills for drinks would be my main complaint) and that my steak was pretty tough and not very well seasoned. For the price of the steak I was very disappointed. My wife's steak was excellent. We also had the pleasure of listening to a screaming baby for most of the meal. Up to now I would always have chosen Sullivans for a night out and nice meal. Will think twice before returning.Special Features:
- ok but not the besrdjbm88Dined on 11/1/2014Service was great and the overall appearance of restaurant was very good. Clean, orderly and very friendly staff. The food was okay but nothing fantastic. Both filets were slightly charred which ruins the flavor and was slightly dry. Garlic/horseradish mashed potatoes were different but good and the grilled asparagus was perfectSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENTscottieDined on 10/31/2014First time to Sullivan's and it was fantastic. The bartender was friendly and most helpful. She was very personable and welcoming. The entire staff was great. Everyone was friendly, well-versed in the nature of the resturant and offerings. The waiter was superb. Can't say enough nice things about our visit. It was our anniversary and we spent the evening with another couple. All remarked about the great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service.SweetsDined on 10/30/2014The service was absolutely wonderful. The food was not good. The chicken was dry and the balsamic marinade just tasted like soy sauce.Special Features:
- Happy but also disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014For a $400.00 dinner for 4, the food was ok. Lemon drop martinis were mediocre, 2 medallions of beef tenderloin were ok, the lobster tail was overcooked, the Kansas City New York Strip was too peppery, filet mignon was fabulous, and so was the cowboy bone-in-ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST OF EVERYTHING...Luv2eat2Dined on 10/26/2014The service was wonderful, the entire staff was great and very personable. The food was WONDERFUL. Steak with crab topping, Bernaise, and asparagus was Insanely good. I would recommend Sullivan's to anyone and everyone. Great dining experience. Thank you Sullivan's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...RickDined on 10/26/2014We have always had an excellent experience at Sullivan's and this time was no different. Our order was both on the menu and the specials. Everyone felt full and satisfied when we were done. The service was exemplary and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Left desiring moreMDBGGDined on 10/24/2014Having read several reviews of Sullivan's, we made the journey from the far southside for what we thought was going to be a great meal. Others boasted of the steak being far better than other well known steak houses. My steak came out warm, not hot and the waiter was MIA most of the time. Disappointed would fit my feelings about Sullivan's.Special Features:
- The best steakhouse restaurant!LisaDined on 10/24/2014We have been to every "steakhouse" in Indy the past 5 years with the exception of Sullivan's. We were hesitant to go to yet another of the typical steak restaurant's usual profile. We've had everything from tough asparagus, overpriced steaks and sides, and just unimpressive lack of quality all the way around. SULLIVAN'S was a pleasant surprise! Their quality of service, food and wine far outweighed St. Elmo's, Morton's, etc. WITHOUT A DOUBT!!Special Features:
- As good as ever!TerryODined on 10/24/2014I was able to visit Sullivans 4-5 times a year when I lived in the area. In 2008 I moved away, but had a chance to get back this weekend. I raved about the food, atmosphere, and service the the group I was going with. I was hoping that nothing had changed in the years I've been gone. As the subject says: it was good as ever -- on all points. It's like I never left. The staff is especially noteworthy. They're incredibly professional, friendly, attentive, yet not overbearing. My only wish is I could generate excuses to come back more frequently! Thanks Sullivans!Special Features:
- BirthdayDined on 10/23/2014I took my daughter for her 40th birthday and everything was great! Everybody told her happy birthday and the food was great. They also surprised her with a piece of cheesecake with a candle in it. It was very nice and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!LEELEEVIPDined on 10/22/2014Best place in Indy!!!! Great food!!! Best service !!Special Features:
- Great meal and service!laves0826Dined on 10/22/2014We went to Sulllivan's to celebrate the retirement of a long-term employee. Heather waited on us and did an outstanding job! The food (we all had the bone-in ribeye) was awesome! Definitely a great place!Special Features:
- Good Date Nightdinerdad99Dined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent. From the valet, to the server, to the management, we were made to feel special. The steak was a little overdone, but the experience was so enjoyable, it didn`t matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional ExperienceWolffDined on 10/18/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, the service and experience was exceptional. Our server was top-notch and the food was amazing. I'd highly recommend Sullivan's for that special occasion (we were there for our 20th anniversary), or just a nice night out.Special Features:
- Overall experienceIndybDined on 10/18/2014Went a year ago and nothing short of perfection. This time 3 times servers asked if these side were ours and they were not. Dry aged steak ribeye long bone was tough and way overpriced for what I got. Our other dinner the duo was perfect.
- DisappointingDanielDined on 10/17/2014My wife's steak was grossly over cooked. Had heard good things but we were disappointed with steaks. Perhaps the "sure thing" dinner choice was a poor choice. My New York was at least close to being cooked correctly. I ordered median, and it was quoted as being "bright pink". It did have alittle pink in it. We feel a restaurant of this stature should impress its customers. My steak did not accomplish that. It was our 31st anniversary and I wanted a nice meal for us. My wife should've sent her filet back. It is not her nature to do that and she just went ahead and ate it well done. Really sorry our evening disappointed.Special Features:
- TbuckDined on 10/17/2014Tables are way to close together. We could have eaten off the table next to ours. The steaks were good but the sides were just okay. Waitress was very friendly but our conversations were constantly interrupted.Special Features:
- Great FoodSharoDined on 10/17/2014Have eaten here many times and never disappointed. Food is always wonderful and prepared just right. Staff always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting BetterTorian0319VIPDined on 10/17/2014My girls and I dined at Sullivan's last weekend. We had previously dined a few months ago and had a not so good experience with the food. This time around, I could definitely see improvements. My steak was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. The french onion soup actually had broth this time and not just cheese and soggy bread. The Smore's dessert last time was a disappointment, so this time we ordered the Banana Foster bread pudding. It was delicious. The pineapple infused martini was also tasty! My only complaint was in regards to the side dish that I ordered. The au gratin potatoes were undercooked. I have tried many side dishes here and they never seem to be quite as appetizing as I would like. Overall, good!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Went here for my wedding Anniversary dinner. Food was great. Only thing is we were set in the very back at the kitchen. A lot of kitchen activity/noise around - not sure why we were in the back given the restaurant wasn't that full. Probably because we were dressed causal and had our daughter.Special Features:
- Great timeiucatmanDined on 10/11/2014Did our 39th anniversary and had a wonderful meal, service, and drinks. Both the server and John the Mgr. went out of their way to make the evening great. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great SteakGoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014The steaks were very good, and the wait staff was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServiceBrianDined on 10/10/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed the food and service. In particular, Kathryn was an outstanding waitress as she was very attentive to our dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing lunchNanzjayhaz5051Dined on 10/10/2014Went to Sullivan's for a leisure lunch with friends. Food and service were outstanding and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- ExcellentMmindianaDined on 10/8/2014The seabass was excellent. My husband had a filet that he also loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the staff - food is amazing !MadDogDined on 10/5/2014Shannon (server) is like family. She greets us by name and is relevant in conversation. Food is always 5 stars - 1 complaint - BRING BACK THE COCONUT CREAM PIE !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionLove2eatDined on 10/2/2014Hostess, waitress and even the water girl were very friendly. The manager even came out to walk the dining room and say hello to people, that's always a nice touch! Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.