4608 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7139610333x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Saturday: 4:30pm- 12:00am
Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Horacio Degante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available, please contact Kristi Beck at 713-961-0333
- Entertainment: Live Jazz nightly in our lounge.
- Special Events: We would be happy to assist you in booking private parties. We have three banquet rooms. Our Boardroom can accommodate parties up to 25 people. The Library can host parties up to 75 people.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)romantic (96)good for groups (65)notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (54)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Service?JanIVIPDined on 10/28/2014Although the restaurant was not busy the service was slow. We had several waiters but kitchen was what was holding up service. Food was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I am a store manager of a retail store so I constantly critique customer service, Sullivan's was 10 out of 10 without a shadow of a doubt. They all worked together like a little team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining!barlow2Dined on 10/25/2014I have had a great dining experience each time I have visited Sullivan's Steakhouse. The staff are very professional, the host greets you with a smile, and the food is outstanding. When asked about dining in Houston, Sullivan's Steakhouse is one of the first restaurants mentioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service everfoodisgudDined on 10/24/2014Our waitress was Mary and she gave us phenomenal service! Always checked on us to make sure we were taken care of. Didn't rush us to order or pay. Even wished us a happy birthday and got us complimentary desert with a custom birthday card from the Sullivan staff. The manager even came by to greet us! I'm definitely coming back to celebrate my special occasions hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 39plusDined on 10/15/2014Wait staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Management was also on top of things and kept us happy.Special Features:
- Dm8815Dined on 10/14/2014We received Outstanding service. Our waitess was Sharlene. She was very attentive to our needs. Bar drinks were great. Looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:
- Great FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Took my girlfriend her and it was great. It is well worth the price and always good to get dressed up and eat a great meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic steakEquusDined on 10/11/2014A great restaurant for a tender and perfectly cooked steak. My son said it was the best steak he ever had.Special Features:
- first time visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Overall everything was great. Our server was very nice and made sure we had what we needed to make our anniversary special. The only reason the food was given a 3 was because our steak and potatoes were very salty. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant as well as the quietness of the restaurant. We would go back again.Special Features:
- Love the quiet!,,Wingsr1texasDined on 10/5/2014Several recent experiences in the Galleria area remind me why I love Sullivan's. Food is great, it's quiet, I can enjoy dinner with my husband without loud and obnoxious groups nearby? Steak was perfect, Bernie's sauce just made it better and I wasn't to go back really soon.Special Features:
- SuperbDanielleDined on 10/4/2014Impeccable service, awesome food, great prices. Best steak in the Houston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Loved ItMrsOliverDined on 10/3/2014It was the best Birthday Celebration for my husband ever. We made memories that will last forever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014From the time we walked in to the time we walked out all our needs were met by a friendly and professional staff. One complaint, as we were eating one member of staff used a red dolly to place boxes of wine in wine display, two time, by coming through the main dining room. Not good timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I took customers there for a business dinner, it went well, staff and wait service were very impressive.Special Features:
- Nice environment, ok food.CorpABrownDined on 9/27/2014This is a nice place. Staff was very courteous and nice environment. However, the food is just ok. This is a nice place for steak if you are in the area, but not the best. Menu options were a little overpriced and limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TopDogDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our 18th anniversary here and we really enjoyed our dining experience. The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. We would definitely recommend Sullivan's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceMLM05Dined on 9/23/2014The food was excellent, not the best steak I've ever had but definitely up there it was perfectly cooked and a great piece of meat. We went with the calamari appetizer and I would go back just for that. The mushrooms were excellent and the mashed potatos were good but, not our style, they have horseradish in them. The service however was well worth the price. Our waiter dropped by at all the right times, my water glass was never empty. I didn't like my cocktail originally ordered so he exchanged it for one I liked at no charge. The manager came by several times and was very nice. We were celebrating a birthday and they gave us champagne and dessert at no charge as well as a happy birthday photograph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening At SullivansDropInFindDined on 9/23/2014For me it all revolves around the main course. I had the deluxe Fillet and it was simply one of the best steaks I have every had. The sides were also outstanding. It was very busy with many vocal groups present. This made for a loud environment, but it did not detract from my experience. I am not a food critic, but from my point of view they knocked it out of the park. I will definitely visit again if my travels bring me to Houston again.Special Features:
- Lunch with the GirlsJanIVIPDined on 9/23/2014Our group really enjoys eating lunch here. They find wonderful service, good food and we can hear each other. We love the relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Sure ThingSteakhouseDaddyDined on 9/20/2014Check out Sullivan's menu online before you go. They offer a year round special called The Sure Thing. For $42 or $50 (depending in the size steak) you get a 3 course meal that is absolutely delicious! The Sure Thing also has a fish option. The service is fantastic. Everyone is accommodating and attentive. We eat at steakhouses ($40+ per person) regularly and Sullivan's is at the top of our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HAPPY Birthday Dinner!SeptemberFoodieDined on 9/19/2014I came on a Friday evening w/my husband and son to celebrate all three of our birthdays and the food and service were impeccable. Our server was very accommodating and even took a picture of us to remember the night. The cheesesteak eggrolls, salmon, creamed corn and mac n cheese were to DIE for and the birthday desserts capped the night off excellently! I will definitely come back to Sullivan's again in the future as all of my experiences there have been enjoyable! Thank you Sullivan's for making our birthdays memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I hosted my 30th birthday at Sullivan's and everything was wonderful! Service was impeccable! Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60 the birthday60happensonceDined on 9/12/2014We had been to Sullivan's about a year ago with friends. When i was ready to pick a place to celebrate my 60 the birthday, this is where I chose to go. My adult children and their wives joined my husband and I. The evening was special from beginning to end. All enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Rachel, the manager, was fantastic. She was everywhere unlike our server. She made our dining experience outstanding. The steaks were some of the best we have ever had. We hs d 3 birthdays and we all felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchCBGalleriaDined on 9/11/2014Consistently high quality food with rational portions. Broad selection without looking through 20 pages of menu. You can carry on a conversation, parking is much easier than the galleria. Overall a great place for a business lunch or to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed results.RickVIPDined on 9/6/2014I rated this experience good due in large part to the over-cooked pan-seared Halibut. My wife's filet was perfect. Service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for AnniversarykrittikaeDined on 9/6/2014They brought everything out timely. The steaks were cooked perfectly, and the gorgonzola butter was surprisingly delicious! They took our picture and gave us free dessert for our anniversary. Very nice.Special Features:
- A really nice evening celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating our grandson's birthday and he wanted to go someplace new (to him) for a steak. We beat the crowd at 6:30 so there was no noise - wonderful. The presentation was well done. The service was excellent without being intrusive. The food was delicious and he particularly enjoyed the cheesesteak egg rolls. He ordered creme brûlée for dessert. Sullivan's brought it (a gift on the house!) with a birthday candle and took his photo. Very thoughtful.Special Features:
- BillCDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service and friendly wait staff. Oscar was an excellent waiter and made the experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant WeekCarolDined on 8/30/2014The meals were cheap and did not offer side dishes. I will not be returning. Lobster portion on the summer fling was poor.
- Confusing HRW menuCountryGirlDined on 8/30/2014When I called the restaurant a week prior to my reservation, I was told there would be a small dessert menu (even though opentable.com did not list dessert as one of the courses). Also, on Sullivan's website, they listed a dessert choice as part of the Houston Restaurant week lunch menu. However, on the day of my reservation, we were told the dessert option ended the day before so it would not be a part of our menu selection. For $20 I expected to either get a larger portion or to have dessert as part of the menu. Overall, the food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicePugglesDined on 8/30/2014We had called in to let the restaurant know we were arriving 5 minutes late. From the moment we arrived, our host was extremely polite and prompt to seat us to our table. Our waiter was just as friendly, polite, and helpful, and gave us quality service. We dined in for the last HRW, and got Hers: Filet Mignon & Lobster and Shrimp Bisque. His: The Ribeye and Caesar Salad. Steaks were cooked to perfection and followed the orders we had asked for. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steakFoodiegeekDined on 8/30/2014The atmosphere was romantic we came for restaurant week and absolutely loved it! Ordered the filet mignon and both of our steaks were cooked to perfection and came out pretty fast actually. I will def be back! The staff was friendly especially the manager that came by to greet us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceBeckyEatsVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I went to Sullivan's for a nice night out. I ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu and he ordered from the regular menu. We both enjoyed our food immensely. I had the kale salad which was outstanding & perfectly dressed, the salmon which was cooked perfectly, and the bananas foster bread pudding which was good, but nothing to write home about. He has the bisque, which he said was perfect and the surf & turf, which he loved. Other than it being really loud in the restaurant, we had a great meal.Special Features:
- boisterous dinersKatyBusyBeeDined on 8/29/2014We visited Friday 8/29. Two rival college football team fans were dining as well. Although we did not have the romantic dinner anticipated, our night out was fun due to the high energy level. We both has the filet and lobster special.....A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a birthdayRWH123VIPDined on 8/29/2014This was for a special occasion. Everyone treated the group so nice. We received a great picture of the group. Good excellent. Will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best value of HRWOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014Both for lunch and dinner, Sullivan's is one of the top values for Houston Restaurant Week. Great food & exceptional service! The wedge salad and the filet and are winning combination.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent, service was way too rushed and hectic. The restaurant had a very hurried feel for lunch and not what is expected of a steakhouse.
- Good Steaks, Atmosphere and ServiceRickPVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is an attractive restaurant (but in a comfortable, unpretentious way), with friendly, attentive service, a nice wine list (good variety and not outrageously marked up) and very good steaks (the fish and lobsters are good but this is primarily a steakhouse). They will gauge the pace to your desires -- we wanted a leisurely meal, and they were very accommodating in not rushing us but also not forgetting us). Good value for a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- gamel53Dined on 8/23/2014The service is good and the dinning room is not to loud. It is still a bit pricy to me, considering that the food quality is not outstanding. Still looking for a price optimized steakhouse in the area.Special Features: