4608 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7139610333x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Saturday: 4:30pm- 12:00am
Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Horacio Degante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available, please contact Kristi Beck at 713-961-0333
- Entertainment: Live Jazz nightly in our lounge.
- Special Events: We would be happy to assist you in booking private parties. We have three banquet rooms. Our Boardroom can accommodate parties up to 25 people. The Library can host parties up to 75 people.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (84)notable wine list (57)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Service at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I hosted my 30th birthday at Sullivan's and everything was wonderful! Service was impeccable! Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60 the birthday60happensonceDined on 9/12/2014We had been to Sullivan's about a year ago with friends. When i was ready to pick a place to celebrate my 60 the birthday, this is where I chose to go. My adult children and their wives joined my husband and I. The evening was special from beginning to end. All enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Rachel, the manager, was fantastic. She was everywhere unlike our server. She made our dining experience outstanding. The steaks were some of the best we have ever had. We hs d 3 birthdays and we all felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchCBGalleriaDined on 9/11/2014Consistently high quality food with rational portions. Broad selection without looking through 20 pages of menu. You can carry on a conversation, parking is much easier than the galleria. Overall a great place for a business lunch or to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed results.RickVIPDined on 9/6/2014I rated this experience good due in large part to the over-cooked pan-seared Halibut. My wife's filet was perfect. Service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for AnniversarykrittikaeDined on 9/6/2014They brought everything out timely. The steaks were cooked perfectly, and the gorgonzola butter was surprisingly delicious! They took our picture and gave us free dessert for our anniversary. Very nice.Special Features:
- A really nice evening celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating our grandson's birthday and he wanted to go someplace new (to him) for a steak. We beat the crowd at 6:30 so there was no noise - wonderful. The presentation was well done. The service was excellent without being intrusive. The food was delicious and he particularly enjoyed the cheesesteak egg rolls. He ordered creme brûlée for dessert. Sullivan's brought it (a gift on the house!) with a birthday candle and took his photo. Very thoughtful.Special Features:
- BillCDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service and friendly wait staff. Oscar was an excellent waiter and made the experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant WeekCarolDined on 8/30/2014The meals were cheap and did not offer side dishes. I will not be returning. Lobster portion on the summer fling was poor.
- Confusing HRW menuCountryGirlDined on 8/30/2014When I called the restaurant a week prior to my reservation, I was told there would be a small dessert menu (even though opentable.com did not list dessert as one of the courses). Also, on Sullivan's website, they listed a dessert choice as part of the Houston Restaurant week lunch menu. However, on the day of my reservation, we were told the dessert option ended the day before so it would not be a part of our menu selection. For $20 I expected to either get a larger portion or to have dessert as part of the menu. Overall, the food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicePugglesDined on 8/30/2014We had called in to let the restaurant know we were arriving 5 minutes late. From the moment we arrived, our host was extremely polite and prompt to seat us to our table. Our waiter was just as friendly, polite, and helpful, and gave us quality service. We dined in for the last HRW, and got Hers: Filet Mignon & Lobster and Shrimp Bisque. His: The Ribeye and Caesar Salad. Steaks were cooked to perfection and followed the orders we had asked for. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steakFoodiegeekDined on 8/30/2014The atmosphere was romantic we came for restaurant week and absolutely loved it! Ordered the filet mignon and both of our steaks were cooked to perfection and came out pretty fast actually. I will def be back! The staff was friendly especially the manager that came by to greet us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceBeckyEatsVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I went to Sullivan's for a nice night out. I ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu and he ordered from the regular menu. We both enjoyed our food immensely. I had the kale salad which was outstanding & perfectly dressed, the salmon which was cooked perfectly, and the bananas foster bread pudding which was good, but nothing to write home about. He has the bisque, which he said was perfect and the surf & turf, which he loved. Other than it being really loud in the restaurant, we had a great meal.Special Features:
- boisterous dinersKatyBusyBeeDined on 8/29/2014We visited Friday 8/29. Two rival college football team fans were dining as well. Although we did not have the romantic dinner anticipated, our night out was fun due to the high energy level. We both has the filet and lobster special.....A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a birthdayRWH123VIPDined on 8/29/2014This was for a special occasion. Everyone treated the group so nice. We received a great picture of the group. Good excellent. Will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best value of HRWOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014Both for lunch and dinner, Sullivan's is one of the top values for Houston Restaurant Week. Great food & exceptional service! The wedge salad and the filet and are winning combination.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent, service was way too rushed and hectic. The restaurant had a very hurried feel for lunch and not what is expected of a steakhouse.
- Good Steaks, Atmosphere and ServiceRickPVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is an attractive restaurant (but in a comfortable, unpretentious way), with friendly, attentive service, a nice wine list (good variety and not outrageously marked up) and very good steaks (the fish and lobsters are good but this is primarily a steakhouse). They will gauge the pace to your desires -- we wanted a leisurely meal, and they were very accommodating in not rushing us but also not forgetting us). Good value for a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- gamel53Dined on 8/23/2014The service is good and the dinning room is not to loud. It is still a bit pricy to me, considering that the food quality is not outstanding. Still looking for a price optimized steakhouse in the area.Special Features:
- Our Server was FantasitcGr8ServDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated out anniversary there and they made us feel really special. Our server was great. He spent some time with us telling us about himself and listening to us telling stories too. It was a great evening for us. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great steaks and best wedge lettuce salad in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch serviceWineNdineDined on 8/21/2014Waitress asked if we were on a work lunch and had a specific time we needed to leave. She then made certain we had all of our food in a timely manner and our bill without being rushed.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 8/20/2014Great atmosphere and food. Staff was excellent. Easy to find.Special Features:
- I love everything about this place!Dinnerfor2Dined on 8/19/2014The managers made my boyfriend and I feel warm and welcomed the entire time. We got the chance to interact with all the managers & they were all so hospitable! The good is impeccable, we had some of everything. Best choice for his birthday dinner for fine dining with an exquisite meal & classy yet contemporary ambiance. WE WiLL DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRWCharlieBerkDined on 8/18/2014Went for Houston Restaurant Week. They had a great menu for $35. I had the lobster bisque, NY strip and bananas foster and all was very good. One point to watch is that the drinks are very expensive, so your inexpensive HRW dine out, can turn be a bit more than you were expecting when the bill comes. Overall, it was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal!ShazDined on 8/18/2014We went there for the Houston Restaurant Weeks lunch. It was a great deal and it was delicious! Wedge salad, filet mignon, green beans and mashed potatoes and a tart for dessert...all for $20! A deal like that can't be beat!Special Features:
- okay serviceTexasgal1Dined on 8/16/2014I have been here before but wanted to take my fiance here for Houston Restaurant Month. Felt like we weren't important because we were going the inexpensive menu that I thought was helping a good cause. If this is an inconvenience then the restaurant shouldn't participate. Our waiter was awful. Great food though.
- deliciousFatBaoDined on 8/16/2014The food and service here was great. Steak was cooked perfectly to everyone's request and the green beans were delicious. My only problem was the mashed potato cooked with horseradish. Although that's just a personal preference I wasn't too happy about how we cannot substitute for another side. Other than. That I would recommend this place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving in AugustTguffDined on 8/16/2014I reserved a table for 15 of my family and closest friends. We were celebrating a recent business success. When we arrived we were greeted as if we were long lost friends. Everyone from the hostess, manager, to the waiter, spoke to us. We were seated at a beautiful table overlooking the dining area. Four staff were given to wait on us for the entire meal ( including the manager!) I have never experienced the level of service we received at Sullivan's . The food was excellent and the staff warm and friendly. I would recommend Sullivan's to anyone who cares about the people they dine with. Blown away! My wife and I will make this a regular spot.Special Features:
- Objective reviewDiningfordatenightsDined on 8/16/2014The cuisine was delicious! It was our first dining experience at the restaurant. However, I noticed the staff lacked in cultural diversity and it was apparent in the service provided. May I suggest improving recruitment of more people of color and provide diversity training to current staff to improve interactions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, disappointing dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed a meal during HRW. Our steak was delicious and the service was good. Our only disappointment was the Warm Bananas Foster Bread Pudding which was not warm and was dry. None of us ate more than 3 bites.
- Last minute reservationeyedocmomDined on 8/15/2014We had a reservation at a restaurant down the street and their power went out! We called Sullivan's and they were able to get us in after a very short wait. It was also Restaurant Week. The food was fabulous! Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealJamesInSugarlandDined on 8/15/2014I went twice during Restaurant Weeks. The first for lunch and the second for dinner. The blue cheese dressing on their wedge was one of the best I have ever had. The lobster bisque was good, but not one of the best in Houston. The garlic mashed potatoes were a little on the bland side. The steaks were prepared very well and the service was great. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great dinnerLovelyEveningDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food, great service. We were celebrating a birthday and the hostess came by and took a photo of our group and presented us with a photo memento. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Glad we went back!SkipGDined on 8/15/2014We always look forward to Houston Restaurant Weeks as an opportunity to get out of our 'restaurant rut' by trying new places and/or returning to dining establishments we have visited in the past. Such was the case with our recent Sullivan's visit, and we were very pleased; the wedge salad was every bit as good as I remember, the steak was perfect and the service hit that elusive spot between attentive and overbearing. On the subject of "overbearing", it's a shame the PC'ers who seem bent on keeping the rest of us from having a choice have prevailed and that cigar smoking is no longer allowed at Sully's (please note: that is the case throughout the city now, so my complaint is not with the restaurant) Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backMotowngirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014First time during HRW and we really enjoyed it. RJ waited on us and he was terrific and even sent a personal follow-up note. Food was very good but I would pass on the bread pudding next time. Otherwise, very good we will be back for sure.Special Features:
- side dishfirsttimeDined on 8/14/2014this was my first time there and the food was superb my only complaint is that your mac and cheese be a little better for about 10 bucks you would think it would be the best mac and cheese ever but my over all experience is very good and I hope to come back very soon. thank you Sheryl alexanderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchbobtailDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I dined at Sullivan's for lunch. We both were off and enjoyed the service, food and the convenient parking. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The food was delicious and our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Deal for Restaurant WeeksRainmanDined on 8/12/2014It's just a great deal to eat at Sullivan's during restaurant week. The food is every bit on par with other high end steakhouses but you don't have to fight the Galleria traffic/parking to get here. We had several combinations of the restaurant weeks menu and they were all awesome. This was our second time at Sullivan's and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great foodJohnDined on 8/10/2014The food and services is always great here. The only thing I have to say is that the s'mores cake is too rich. If it was much thinner it would be great with a melted marshmallow. My marshmallow was cold and not melted.Special Features: