4608 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (713) 961-0333
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Saturday: 4:30pm- 12:00am
Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Horacio Degante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available, please contact Kristi Beck at 713-961-0333
- Entertainment: Live Jazz nightly in our lounge.
- Special Events: We would be happy to assist you in booking private parties. We have three banquet rooms. Our Boardroom can accommodate parties up to 25 people. The Library can host parties up to 75 people.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)romantic (89)good for groups (65)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (53)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (17)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good Food, Bad Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/22/2014Food was good, the service was not. The casual service did not match the prices. Same prices as Del Friscos and Pappas Bros SH, with the service of Olive Garden. Server was focused on turning our table as fast as possible, don't know why since the restaurant was half empty. The best part is when the server dropped the bill and said "you can pay now, what credit card do you want to use". I responded "you just dropped the check, can I look at it first?", server frowned and walked away. We were only there for 1 hour, not like we were camping out. I should have guessed, since Sullivan's was one of the only steakhouses available on Opentable for same night 6:45pm reservations. Next time I'll plan better and go to Pappas instead. DF prices with OG service, next time I'll bring my 2 year old. I know they will get us in and out quickly, maybe they have a kids menu with crayons.
- Poor service Stringy FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The ambiance at Sullivan's was perfect; however, our server seemed to think that she should be part of our conversation each time she aporoached the table. It got to the point to where my companion and I would purposely speak over her. We each had a 6 oz filet. The texture of mine was more like that of a pot roast than of a prime filet. When we were finished with our meal, it took about 15 minutes for our table to be cleared. This is after several wait staff busboys and the manager walked by on several occasions. The manager realized that we were displeased with our experience. Despite the fact that this particular manager, Rachel, is Sullivan's of Denver's manager, she gave us her card and told us to ask for her the next time we dine at Sullivan's. 1) What good is her business card with nothing written on it. 2) Will she even be at the Houston location? I do not recommend Sullivan's.Special Features:
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014I have always found Sullivan's to be a lovely dinner spot with delicious food and wine. I took my mom here on a "special" birthday and we both had a wonderful experience. The service was excellent and the food was delicious (ribeye, mushrooms, garlic horseradish mashed potatoes, and sautéed spinach and Frank Family Cab....yummy!) Even more special than that was the birthday acknowledgement that they gave my mom - a delicious key lime pie dessert to go since we were both stuffed but then a candlelit plate with "happy birthday" spelled in caramel sauce for a photo op. Sullivan's Manage Rachel took a photo of us on her own camera and a few minutes later out came a lovely birthday memory with that pictured tucked away in a card from Sullivan - truly special! I highly recommend Sullivan's a delicious steak dinner and special attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dinner, very limited for Lunch.morfi10Dined on 11/13/2014I have been here at Dinner and I had a great experince, but it was my first time having lunch. Lunch menu was extremely poor and limited.
- Good price, good foodteshyDined on 11/3/2014Had a very good experience, wait staff was attentive and the food was great. The Kale salad is a must. I just wish I would have been able to eat more :P I went late night so I cant say much about the ambiance and noise level as we were practically the only ones in the restaurant but it was nicely decorated and spacious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Beware sneaky upselling!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2014Had the $42 table d'hote (3 course fixed price dinner). Started with shrimp cocktail. 3 large meaty shrimp. Lobster & Shrimp bisque was delicious. Ordered 6 oz filet mignon. Asked if I could get a baked potato instead of garlic mashed, "sure" was the reply. Was shocked when I was charged $8 extra for baked potato without being informed. Lots of sneaky upselling going on here, so BEWARE! "It's $5 extra to upgrade to 8 oz filet, is that ok?"... "IS THAT OK??".. Since when do restaurants start automatically upgrading you to more expensive dish unless you stop them???? Also, service lacked an element of class "SO? Are the steaks delicious?". Not very customer-oriented service here.
- Good experience overallKaty1986Dined on 11/1/2014Restaurant a bit loud but this was due to a birthday party at a nearby table. Food was generally very satisfactory. Steaks were very over cooked from our order but still tasty. The restaurant clearly willing to take them back but it wasn't that big an issue. They then comped us a nice dessert which again we said wasn't necessary. Try the snow crab appetizers they were excellent and ask for the sommelier, Kristy, she is very engaging and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The ambiance was awesome! My server made me feel important an well taken care of. The food looked like something out of a magazine and the taste was ridiculously good! I took a friend there for her bday celebration and upon arrival we were given free champagne and a free dessert that was to die for. Management checked on us consistently which shows that they are very aware of how everything is ran. Just an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnergigisunDined on 10/31/2014Everyone was so happy. We got extra attention. Also a person in our party was from New York...and he loved the spot. His plans are to come back and even stay at Hotel DerekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningYoungAtHeartDined on 10/31/2014Always excellent service and great food! One of the best restaurants in Houston!Special Features:
- HostMonicajoyDined on 10/30/2014Nichole was great love the food drinks was wonderful music was just right I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Dine!AggiedadDined on 10/29/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the service is superb! Food was great and for what you are getting fairly priced. Love the valet parking. My only problem was a little noisy. Loks of special rooms so would be great for a gathering. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- Service?JanIVIPDined on 10/28/2014Although the restaurant was not busy the service was slow. We had several waiters but kitchen was what was holding up service. Food was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterNellyalexDined on 10/25/2014The waitress was horrible! We waited forever for our food and were given the wrong steaks. I had to ask her for a refill two times and to give us to go boxes. She had us waiting forever! The food was good and I love the live music. I hope its better next time!Special Features:
- incredible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I am a store manager of a retail store so I constantly critique customer service, Sullivan's was 10 out of 10 without a shadow of a doubt. They all worked together like a little team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining!barlow2Dined on 10/25/2014I have had a great dining experience each time I have visited Sullivan's Steakhouse. The staff are very professional, the host greets you with a smile, and the food is outstanding. When asked about dining in Houston, Sullivan's Steakhouse is one of the first restaurants mentioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service everfoodisgudDined on 10/24/2014Our waitress was Mary and she gave us phenomenal service! Always checked on us to make sure we were taken care of. Didn't rush us to order or pay. Even wished us a happy birthday and got us complimentary desert with a custom birthday card from the Sullivan staff. The manager even came by to greet us! I'm definitely coming back to celebrate my special occasions hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 39plusDined on 10/15/2014Wait staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Management was also on top of things and kept us happy.Special Features:
- Dm8815Dined on 10/14/2014We received Outstanding service. Our waitess was Sharlene. She was very attentive to our needs. Bar drinks were great. Looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:
- Great FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Took my girlfriend her and it was great. It is well worth the price and always good to get dressed up and eat a great meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic steakEquusVIPDined on 10/11/2014A great restaurant for a tender and perfectly cooked steak. My son said it was the best steak he ever had.Special Features:
- first time visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Overall everything was great. Our server was very nice and made sure we had what we needed to make our anniversary special. The only reason the food was given a 3 was because our steak and potatoes were very salty. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant as well as the quietness of the restaurant. We would go back again.Special Features:
- Love the quiet!,,Wingsr1texasDined on 10/5/2014Several recent experiences in the Galleria area remind me why I love Sullivan's. Food is great, it's quiet, I can enjoy dinner with my husband without loud and obnoxious groups nearby? Steak was perfect, Bernie's sauce just made it better and I wasn't to go back really soon.Special Features:
- SuperbDanielleDined on 10/4/2014Impeccable service, awesome food, great prices. Best steak in the Houston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Loved ItMrsOliverDined on 10/3/2014It was the best Birthday Celebration for my husband ever. We made memories that will last forever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014From the time we walked in to the time we walked out all our needs were met by a friendly and professional staff. One complaint, as we were eating one member of staff used a red dolly to place boxes of wine in wine display, two time, by coming through the main dining room. Not good timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I took customers there for a business dinner, it went well, staff and wait service were very impressive.Special Features:
- Nice environment, ok food.CorpABrownDined on 9/27/2014This is a nice place. Staff was very courteous and nice environment. However, the food is just ok. This is a nice place for steak if you are in the area, but not the best. Menu options were a little overpriced and limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TopDogDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our 18th anniversary here and we really enjoyed our dining experience. The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. We would definitely recommend Sullivan's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceMLM05Dined on 9/23/2014The food was excellent, not the best steak I've ever had but definitely up there it was perfectly cooked and a great piece of meat. We went with the calamari appetizer and I would go back just for that. The mushrooms were excellent and the mashed potatos were good but, not our style, they have horseradish in them. The service however was well worth the price. Our waiter dropped by at all the right times, my water glass was never empty. I didn't like my cocktail originally ordered so he exchanged it for one I liked at no charge. The manager came by several times and was very nice. We were celebrating a birthday and they gave us champagne and dessert at no charge as well as a happy birthday photograph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening At SullivansDropInFindDined on 9/23/2014For me it all revolves around the main course. I had the deluxe Fillet and it was simply one of the best steaks I have every had. The sides were also outstanding. It was very busy with many vocal groups present. This made for a loud environment, but it did not detract from my experience. I am not a food critic, but from my point of view they knocked it out of the park. I will definitely visit again if my travels bring me to Houston again.Special Features:
- Lunch with the GirlsJanIVIPDined on 9/23/2014Our group really enjoys eating lunch here. They find wonderful service, good food and we can hear each other. We love the relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Sure ThingSteakhouseDaddyDined on 9/20/2014Check out Sullivan's menu online before you go. They offer a year round special called The Sure Thing. For $42 or $50 (depending in the size steak) you get a 3 course meal that is absolutely delicious! The Sure Thing also has a fish option. The service is fantastic. Everyone is accommodating and attentive. We eat at steakhouses ($40+ per person) regularly and Sullivan's is at the top of our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HAPPY Birthday Dinner!SeptemberFoodieDined on 9/19/2014I came on a Friday evening w/my husband and son to celebrate all three of our birthdays and the food and service were impeccable. Our server was very accommodating and even took a picture of us to remember the night. The cheesesteak eggrolls, salmon, creamed corn and mac n cheese were to DIE for and the birthday desserts capped the night off excellently! I will definitely come back to Sullivan's again in the future as all of my experiences there have been enjoyable! Thank you Sullivan's for making our birthdays memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I hosted my 30th birthday at Sullivan's and everything was wonderful! Service was impeccable! Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60 the birthday60happensonceDined on 9/12/2014We had been to Sullivan's about a year ago with friends. When i was ready to pick a place to celebrate my 60 the birthday, this is where I chose to go. My adult children and their wives joined my husband and I. The evening was special from beginning to end. All enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Rachel, the manager, was fantastic. She was everywhere unlike our server. She made our dining experience outstanding. The steaks were some of the best we have ever had. We hs d 3 birthdays and we all felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchCBGalleriaDined on 9/11/2014Consistently high quality food with rational portions. Broad selection without looking through 20 pages of menu. You can carry on a conversation, parking is much easier than the galleria. Overall a great place for a business lunch or to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed results.RickVIPDined on 9/6/2014I rated this experience good due in large part to the over-cooked pan-seared Halibut. My wife's filet was perfect. Service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for AnniversarykrittikaeDined on 9/6/2014They brought everything out timely. The steaks were cooked perfectly, and the gorgonzola butter was surprisingly delicious! They took our picture and gave us free dessert for our anniversary. Very nice.Special Features: