Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver
1745 Wazee Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032952664x
- Hours of Operation:
LOUNGE DAILY 4:00PM-2:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties or in-house dinner parties for up to 100 guests. Please inquire with a manager.
- Entertainment: Sullivan's features the finest jazz duos and trios Wednesday-Sunday evenings. From a bustling happy hour crowd with high energy, heart pounding vibes to the edgy classic sounds of latin jazz, our musicians do not disappoint. Come early to begin your dining experience and stay late to enjoy your favorite nightcap.
- Special Events:
- Cross Street: 18th Street
- Public Transit: Union Station on the Light rail is 1 block West of the Restaurant. Enjoy a great evening downtown and a short walk to the trains to take you home.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is available nightly. Street parking and 3 adjacent parking garages give our guests the best options for downtown parking.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (60)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (27)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not impressed at all.BlahhhhhhhhhDined on 9/6/2014The women servers looked trashy with their fish net leggings and skimpy skirts.
- Great dining!!AbelVIPDined on 9/6/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with two other couples. We had a wonderful time and the service and food was outstsnding. Sullivan's is our favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was great and prepared correctly. Decor and ambiance seemed cheap and low grade, service staff seemed more suited to Johnny Carrino's rather than a $150 - $200 a dinner for a couple steakhouse. For the money I would not recommend the restaurant, way too many options in the metro area that offer equal food and a legitmate higher end dining experience. Off the top of my head, a nice steakhouse should not have brainless high school girls who are easily confused greeting customers.
- Anniversary Dinner TraditionMikeWDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have been coming to Sullivan's for our wedding anniversary dinners for 5 years. The food, service, and ambiance create a very romantic and memorable experience for us each year. As long as Sullivan's is there on the corner, we will be coming each year for our anniversary. Thank you Sullivan's.Special Features:
- The bill was quite a shock!food4lifeDined on 9/1/2014We ordered 2 of the specials recommended by our server, but we never asked the price of the meals. One was a menu special listed at $42 (filet and half lobster), but we were charged $29 for the lobster and $57 for the filet because we asked for the bone-in version. When the price is that different, the customer should have be made aware of the difference ahead of time. We would not have asked for the upgrade if we had known the price. The server and manager were very solicitous and checked on us frequently throughout the meal. And although we were taken aback by the final bill, we will definitely be back--just wiser than this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Sullivans did it again. Each and every time I eat there they hit a home run. Great service, wonderful wine list, excellent food. We'll be back!Special Features:
- First time guestsMarkKDined on 8/30/2014Our party of 4 tried Sullivan's for the 1st time during restaurant week as we were attached to the promotional menu. The food taste and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beefDonHDined on 8/30/2014We have been to both Del Frisco's and Sullivan's and the food is excellently prepared and served. If you are looking for a great steak, this is the place to go. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service for mediocre foodFoodieExpertDined on 8/29/2014It took 5 mins after being seated before anyone came over to fill our waters, then another 5 mins before our waitress came over. She took our order. It took 10-15 mins to receive our pre-entree salads (caesars) and almost 30 minutes to get our steaks. Before our steaks came out, I saw a male manager going to tables around us asking how was everything, but he kept walking past us. I finally grabbed his attention and let him know that we'd been waiting quiet awhile. When our steaks came out the sauces were switched between my steak and my boyfriend's. The waitress didn't seem to care but forced out, "Would you like me to fix that for you." Because of how long everything took to get out, we said no, thank you. Overall, not worth the money.
- This place has gone downhillFood4snobbieDined on 8/29/2014This used to be a place we really enjoyed, but now totally unimpressed with the food quality. There was an odor when we entered. We were greeted by some friendly faces and taken right to our table. We were promptly greeted by the waiter, who provided very good service all throughout the evening. We ordered the knock out martinis, which were good. I had the Caesar salad, it was not horrible, but not great. I had the NY strip, medium rare with the Cajun butter. It was rare, seemed raw in places. The mashed potatoes were okay. The mushrooms weren't so great. the creamed spinach was terrible. The key lime pie, that was good. After this time I don't believe I will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceLuvbbqDined on 8/29/2014This is a favorite go to place for any special occasion. The bar is great, especially on Thursday nights when it's happy hour all night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 2014July2014Dined on 8/29/2014We ordered oysters on the half shell as an appetizer. They were delicious. Pre-dinner: we each had a Caesar salad which was fresh and crisp. Dinner: we had a filet mignon with mashed potatoes and a New York strip with button mushrooms. The steaks were slightly overcooked for what we asked for. We asked for them to be medium rare and they were medium well. However, even though overcooked for our liking, the seasoning on the meat was tasty. For dessert, we ordered key lime pie which was on point. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Overall, it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Private Reserve Cab is back!SmilesDined on 8/29/2014It was the tail end of 5280 week and given that and all the other times we've been here they didn't miss a beat! I prefer their dinner service and the male staff (sorry - don't judge me) because I find they are much more attentive and less moody (yes, at Sullivan's too). The salads were fresh and crisp, the bread was amazing and the Steaks cooked perfectly. Jeff was our Server for the evening and everything was timed perfectly, thanks again, Jeff! I was so excited when we first arrived and sat in the bar that their Private Reserve Cab was back on the wine menu. It's worth every $13 a glass, I just wish the pours were bigger - maybe next time I'll just get a bottle and take the rest home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceRJPSGOLDENDined on 8/29/2014Sullivan's is truly a gem and you would never guess it by the outside however, once inside the décor is very nice. The wine list was very extensive and they gave us excellent service, not once were our Champagne glasses empty. We dined during Restaurant week and the "special" menu had many of their normal items. Beware if you order the chicken because it is a huge portion and be prepared to take some home but absolutely delicious! The New York strip was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceEatarockDined on 8/28/2014This place makes you feel good and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBL41Dined on 8/27/2014We had great service and for the most part great food. We didn't care for the Seafood Sampler as it was overpriced for the quality of food on it. The steaks we had were amazing as well as the sides. I would recommend and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not blown awayoutandaboutDined on 8/27/2014The food was good. The service was good... its just like every other steak house. I had the Salmon and thought it was pretty salty. The filet and NY Strip were decent. It wasn't bad food at all, but it didn't blow us away. Our server was attentive, patient and truly great. There was staff running around the whole place and that was awesome We came here for Restaurant week and the price was perfect, but I wouldn't pay regular pricing for this experience on a regular night. A couple Shining lights: The calamari was AWESOME!! And I really liked the Mushroom Bisque soup. If you're looking for decent food and a good atmosphere - Sullivan's is perfect for that.Special Features:
- Small portionwisconsingirlDined on 8/26/2014Ate there for restaurant week...the portion sizes have significantly shrunk for the restaurant week menu. More options should be offered for sides. Food tasted wonderful though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNewtousDined on 8/26/2014Had a really good meal and enjoyed out time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's one starKITADined on 8/26/2014Over cooked chicken, adv reservations but no seat choice, staff not attentive. I'll pass next time on this place.
- Great place to eatAngelDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service! I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencewillbebackDined on 8/25/2014We had the such a great time. Our waiter was excellent and the whole wait staff is outstanding. Delivery of the food was perfect. It is great to see that wonderful service still exists. The food was excellent. We had a great time. They make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Denver!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to Sullivan's to celebrate our 7 year anniversary during restaurant week. The food was wonderful and so was the service! I've eaten at pretty much every steakhouse in Denver and I think Sullivan's has the best steaks! We'll be back again and again and again!Special Features:
- Always goodqueenbeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Sullivans is an underrated steak house. We enjoy our meals here and particularly for Restaurant Week. Perhaps because it was restaurant week, the staff seemed a bit pushy with appetizers, and second drinks. Appaling was when they asked four of us all over the age of 70 if we wanted a glass of milk with our desert.Special Features:
- Caren Griffin Owner Spa UniversairespauDined on 8/23/2014Really nice dining experience starting with the hostess. Very talented jazz ensemble prior to our dinner. Great table location, customer service, and the food was top notch. Manager managed our situation above and beyond.Special Features:
- Our experienceJadey93Dined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I had a reservation at 8, but we showed up at 7:30 just to be safe. We asked the hostess if she could seat us before 8 that'd be great, however, they all forgot about us! People were coming in after 8 and getting seated before us, and we were the ones with a reservation. When I went up at 8:20 to see what was going on, she simply said "oh ya! Sorry we can seat you next".I mean granted I wouldn't have minded waiting 20 if I showed up at 8, but we showed up at 7:30 and were forgotten about. The food was good, our waiter was great, but the whole hostess seating ordeal ruined my night. I might be back, just not anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great food, less than great seatingDenverDinerTGDined on 8/23/2014This was for Denver Restaurant Week and the food was good and a good sample of their larger menu. I was disappointed though that even with a reservation we were told it was 25 minutes additional until our table was ready. We were later offered an outdoor table to avoid the remainder of the 25 minute wait, which we took but I was disappointed to see that we were the only table seated outside the main outdoor dining area and were instead seated at a smaller, lower table in the outdoor bar area where other patrons later began smoking cigars. Prior to this I'd only had great experiences at Sullivan's and was surprised that this visit was so different than all of the others.Special Features:
- Long wait even with a reservationBionicmomDined on 8/23/2014The food was incredible. If you go with a large party(We had 8) plan to wait. We had a 7:30 reservation and did not get seated till almost 8:30. Most restaurants would put some smaller tables together and dodge this problem. Not sure why this was not an option. I will go again, but never with a larger group. 2-4 maxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited to sit, but good dinnerrestjohnDined on 8/23/2014We planned a group dinner there for restaurant week. We made a reservation for 14 people at 7:15pm, and the staff did not seat us until 8:05. We asked the hostess 3 times while we were waiting when we would get a table and each time she indicated the staff were setting up our table as we spoke. Once we finally sat down, the service and food were good. My filet was cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious. The only negative I would say about food is that the beer selection is pretty unremarkable considering Sullivan's is located in one of the more saturated craft brewing markets in the country. The whisky selection was decent, though. All in all, it was a good dinner and night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good but not great, the service was very slow we were told by our server that she had two more tables that she was not use too having, but everyone around us we're severed before us even though they were seated after us we usually dine at Sullivan's a couple times a year but after this it will be a long time before we return
- Great Food!Luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great food and good service. A little loud for a romantic dinner, but we'll be back!Special Features:
- Moderate ExperienceAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated an anniversary having dinner at Sullivan's on a Saturday night. The main dining room was extremely noisy so we sat in a smaller room with tolerable noise. Great service, but the food was not: lukewarm sides, very tough lobster tail, a filet steak overcooked and very thin. One other filet was very good and cooked perfectly and the wedge salad was tasty. Probably won't recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Predictable steakhouse menuMoucheDined on 8/23/2014Pro: med rare ny strip, blondie butter pecan ice cream, friendly staff Con: my partner's well-done ny strip half the size of mine; he had 4 bites anyway since it was over well-done. Don't like having to ask for the bread.Special Features:
- CharlesDined on 8/17/2014Overall Pleasent experience, one improvement upgrade of the establishment -- black bath facilities are a turn-off to me. Great Staff! (5 Star).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat, worth going.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Don't pass it up. If you miss going, you are missing great food and a great place to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Romantic Anniversary DinnerCeltannaDined on 8/9/2014We purposely went early so it would be a little less noisy. Our waiter was most attentive and we enjoyed a very romantice anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointedChoskDined on 8/9/2014What happened to the wonderful Sullivan's of former years? The filet was a thin cut, unlike the fat, juicy steaks of old. They were okay, but not exceptional in any way. The lobster was lukewarm and did not taste fresh. We liked our server, but she recommended a wine that was not representative of what we received. She was unapologetic that we did not like it, and then recommended that we cork it to "enjoy at home" later. Further, the dessert was horrible. When she commented that I did not eat more than one bite, I gave up. She just didn't get it. We will not dine here again and caution others seeking the Sullivan's of a decade ago to choose a different restaurant.
- Downtown Denver VisitGayleDined on 8/8/2014Went on a Friday night in August. Reservations 7:30 p.m., Valet, we were aked to drive around the block to get to the stand, about 20 feet from our vehicle.???? Really, the valet attendant couldn't do that? We were seated right away, quiet dining area, service quick, and wonderful appetizer and entree suggestions from the waiter. Food was so wonderful, Scallops, and Summer Fling( signature Filet, and 1/2 Lobster) were done to perfection. The experience was one of the best we've encountered in Downtown Denver. After dinner we went into the bar which had live band playing, elegant yet comfortable place to eat and listen to live music. We'll be returning in the future. Dining area was quiet, Bar was vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steakhouse That Gave UpGeneDined on 8/3/2014From beginning to end - a very sub par restaurant. As we approached the hostess, she is in conversation with a waitress over the coupon section of a newspaper. Hostess was frumpy and rude. The table is set for 4 (we are 2), which is cleared once we are seated. The waiter was horrible. He goes through a wine tasting with a screw cap wine (which should not even be on the tasting menu) and does not bring my martini until after the first course (nor the bread, nor the water, nor the tray of accompanying items for my oysters). The martini is undrinkable - it was so dirty that it was green. Sitting across from us was a man in a stained plain white t-shirt and pajama bottoms - nice ambience. Maybe Sunday nights should be avoided.
- First Time, Not My Last!Dkno24Dined on 7/31/2014food was great, service was great, setting was great, my wife and I had an amazing time, we are definitely going back thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.