Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver
1745 Wazee Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032952664x
- Hours of Operation:
LOUNGE DAILY 4:00PM-2:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties or in-house dinner parties for up to 100 guests. Please inquire with a manager.
- Entertainment: Sullivan's features the finest jazz duos and trios Wednesday-Sunday evenings. From a bustling happy hour crowd with high energy, heart pounding vibes to the edgy classic sounds of latin jazz, our musicians do not disappoint. Come early to begin your dining experience and stay late to enjoy your favorite nightcap.
- Special Events:
- Cross Street: 18th Street
- Public Transit: Union Station on the Light rail is 1 block West of the Restaurant. Enjoy a great evening downtown and a short walk to the trains to take you home.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is available nightly. Street parking and 3 adjacent parking garages give our guests the best options for downtown parking.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (55)notable wine list (41)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (20)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Small portionwisconsingirlDined on 8/26/2014Ate there for restaurant week...the portion sizes have significantly shrunk for the restaurant week menu. More options should be offered for sides. Food tasted wonderful though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Had a really good meal and enjoyed out time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatAngelDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service! I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We had the such a great time. Our waiter was excellent and the whole wait staff is outstanding. Delivery of the food was perfect. It is great to see that wonderful service still exists. The food was excellent. We had a great time. They make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Denver!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to Sullivan's to celebrate our 7 year anniversary during restaurant week. The food was wonderful and so was the service! I've eaten at pretty much every steakhouse in Denver and I think Sullivan's has the best steaks! We'll be back again and again and again!Special Features:
- Always goodqueenbeeDined on 8/24/2014Sullivans is an underrated steak house. We enjoy our meals here and particularly for Restaurant Week. Perhaps because it was restaurant week, the staff seemed a bit pushy with appetizers, and second drinks. Appaling was when they asked four of us all over the age of 70 if we wanted a glass of milk with our desert.Special Features:
- Caren Griffin Owner Spa UniversairespauDined on 8/23/2014Really nice dining experience starting with the hostess. Very talented jazz ensemble prior to our dinner. Great table location, customer service, and the food was top notch. Manager managed our situation above and beyond.Special Features:
- Our experienceJadey93Dined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I had a reservation at 8, but we showed up at 7:30 just to be safe. We asked the hostess if she could seat us before 8 that'd be great, however, they all forgot about us! People were coming in after 8 and getting seated before us, and we were the ones with a reservation. When I went up at 8:20 to see what was going on, she simply said "oh ya! Sorry we can seat you next".I mean granted I wouldn't have minded waiting 20 if I showed up at 8, but we showed up at 7:30 and were forgotten about. The food was good, our waiter was great, but the whole hostess seating ordeal ruined my night. I might be back, just not anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great food, less than great seatingDenverDinerTGDined on 8/23/2014This was for Denver Restaurant Week and the food was good and a good sample of their larger menu. I was disappointed though that even with a reservation we were told it was 25 minutes additional until our table was ready. We were later offered an outdoor table to avoid the remainder of the 25 minute wait, which we took but I was disappointed to see that we were the only table seated outside the main outdoor dining area and were instead seated at a smaller, lower table in the outdoor bar area where other patrons later began smoking cigars. Prior to this I'd only had great experiences at Sullivan's and was surprised that this visit was so different than all of the others.Special Features:
- Long wait even with a reservationBionicmomDined on 8/23/2014The food was incredible. If you go with a large party(We had 8) plan to wait. We had a 7:30 reservation and did not get seated till almost 8:30. Most restaurants would put some smaller tables together and dodge this problem. Not sure why this was not an option. I will go again, but never with a larger group. 2-4 maxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited to sit, but good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We planned a group dinner there for restaurant week. We made a reservation for 14 people at 7:15pm, and the staff did not seat us until 8:05. We asked the hostess 3 times while we were waiting when we would get a table and each time she indicated the staff were setting up our table as we spoke. Once we finally sat down, the service and food were good. My filet was cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious. The only negative I would say about food is that the beer selection is pretty unremarkable considering Sullivan's is located in one of the more saturated craft brewing markets in the country. The whisky selection was decent, though. All in all, it was a good dinner and night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good but not great, the service was very slow we were told by our server that she had two more tables that she was not use too having, but everyone around us we're severed before us even though they were seated after us we usually dine at Sullivan's a couple times a year but after this it will be a long time before we return
- Great Food!Luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great food and good service. A little loud for a romantic dinner, but we'll be back!Special Features:
- Moderate ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated an anniversary having dinner at Sullivan's on a Saturday night. The main dining room was extremely noisy so we sat in a smaller room with tolerable noise. Great service, but the food was not: lukewarm sides, very tough lobster tail, a filet steak overcooked and very thin. One other filet was very good and cooked perfectly and the wedge salad was tasty. Probably won't recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Predictable steakhouse menuMoucheDined on 8/23/2014Pro: med rare ny strip, blondie butter pecan ice cream, friendly staff Con: my partner's well-done ny strip half the size of mine; he had 4 bites anyway since it was over well-done. Don't like having to ask for the bread.Special Features:
- CharlesDined on 8/17/2014Overall Pleasent experience, one improvement upgrade of the establishment -- black bath facilities are a turn-off to me. Great Staff! (5 Star).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat, worth going.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Don't pass it up. If you miss going, you are missing great food and a great place to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Romantic Anniversary DinnerCeltannaDined on 8/9/2014We purposely went early so it would be a little less noisy. Our waiter was most attentive and we enjoyed a very romantice anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointedChoskDined on 8/9/2014What happened to the wonderful Sullivan's of former years? The filet was a thin cut, unlike the fat, juicy steaks of old. They were okay, but not exceptional in any way. The lobster was lukewarm and did not taste fresh. We liked our server, but she recommended a wine that was not representative of what we received. She was unapologetic that we did not like it, and then recommended that we cork it to "enjoy at home" later. Further, the dessert was horrible. When she commented that I did not eat more than one bite, I gave up. She just didn't get it. We will not dine here again and caution others seeking the Sullivan's of a decade ago to choose a different restaurant.
- Downtown Denver VisitGayleDined on 8/8/2014Went on a Friday night in August. Reservations 7:30 p.m., Valet, we were aked to drive around the block to get to the stand, about 20 feet from our vehicle.???? Really, the valet attendant couldn't do that? We were seated right away, quiet dining area, service quick, and wonderful appetizer and entree suggestions from the waiter. Food was so wonderful, Scallops, and Summer Fling( signature Filet, and 1/2 Lobster) were done to perfection. The experience was one of the best we've encountered in Downtown Denver. After dinner we went into the bar which had live band playing, elegant yet comfortable place to eat and listen to live music. We'll be returning in the future. Dining area was quiet, Bar was vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steakhouse That Gave UpGeneDined on 8/3/2014From beginning to end - a very sub par restaurant. As we approached the hostess, she is in conversation with a waitress over the coupon section of a newspaper. Hostess was frumpy and rude. The table is set for 4 (we are 2), which is cleared once we are seated. The waiter was horrible. He goes through a wine tasting with a screw cap wine (which should not even be on the tasting menu) and does not bring my martini until after the first course (nor the bread, nor the water, nor the tray of accompanying items for my oysters). The martini is undrinkable - it was so dirty that it was green. Sitting across from us was a man in a stained plain white t-shirt and pajama bottoms - nice ambience. Maybe Sunday nights should be avoided.
- First Time, Not My Last!Dkno24Dined on 7/31/2014food was great, service was great, setting was great, my wife and I had an amazing time, we are definitely going back thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014My favorite go to steakhouse. Service is great and food is prepared to my specifications.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Sullivan's staff + food seleon made a perfect anniversary celebrationSpecial Features:
- Always GreatCyndieDined on 7/25/2014Service Great. Food Great. Wine Great. Always Great.Special Features:
- Great!GreatDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful evening at Sullivan's. The food and service were both great! Very relaxing and not rushed. Time to chat and enjoy the evening. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!WesleyDined on 7/19/2014No complaints whatsoever. Had a great time and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJKB57Dined on 7/12/2014we flew into Denver and our hotel recommended this restaurant. My husband's 60th birthday...they gave him a free drink and free dessert. they did it all right...enjoyed everything...the steaks were cooked perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deanearDined on 7/10/2014Sullivans was very quiet (thur 6pm) but steaks were as good as I remembered.....mouth watering yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as special as it used to bewinter42Dined on 7/5/2014Sullivan's has long been our go-to place for celebration dinners. The food this time was fine, although my husband's steak was overcooked and the Oscar style toppings fell right off. I go the impression the plates had been sitting under a heating lamp too long. I have to say the dessert options have gone downhill. There used to be a variety of soufflés, and the waiter would ask you at the beginning of the meal if you'd like to order one, as they took some time to prepare. Even after they were removed from the menu, they could still be accommodated upon request. No more. Our waiter didn't know what we were talking about. The rest of the dessert options are sub-par.... we ordered the creme brûlée and the flavor was lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PolrodDined on 7/1/2014Knowledgable and friendly service. Nice selection. The "cowboy" bone in ribeye is hard to beat! Add on kale salad was delicious. Along with horseradish mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts with bacon. Blondie brownie perfect for sharing. Overall awesome! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2014The food was on par with what you'd expect from a good steak house, the wine list offered plenty of choices and the service really stood out for us!Special Features:
- Fabulous!JancDined on 6/30/2014We went to Sullivan's for my daughter's birthday. Everything that we ordered was cooked to perfection, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Sullivan's has gone downhill. While the steaks are still excellent, all the pieces that need to come together to make it an excellent dining experience just did not. There a better experiences to be had in Denver, I will be spend my time at those places.
- Dinner for two at SullivansOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We had reservations at 7pm, arrived early and were seated right away. The service was friendly, attentive, pleasant and professional. We both had the summer fling surf and turf. I asked for garlic to be minced into the butter which they did and it was all delicious. My partner ordered a bottle of wine - delicious. We had a very pleasant evening and to my surprise they have a humidor. So we also enjoyed a cigar with an after dinner drink out on the patio. It was lovely.Special Features:
- Reliable StandbybrickwomanVIPDined on 6/25/2014Though I am not a personal fan of steakhouses, many of my friends and business associates are. When dining out with the "carnivore crowd" or wanting a classy restaurant suitable for conversation and simple good food in LoDo, Sullivan's hits the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatdisappointedDined on 6/21/2014I set my expectations high, and I think they were too high. The food was good but I've had better. Prices were steep.Special Features:
- CharlesDined on 6/20/2014I always enjoying diining at this restaurant. Great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off NightActionVIPDined on 5/26/2014Well it was memorial day, but the food was just not good, steak had no flavor, etc..........Maybe the back-up cook had an off night, but I will probably not be back.......
- HamertimeHamertimeDined on 5/25/2014We had a party of 4, I must say Sullivan's was up to par. Food, service , it was perfect again.Special Features: