Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago
415 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sullivansteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (312) 527-3510
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jesus Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature live jazz every night.
- Special Events:
- Cross Street: Hubbard Street
- Public Transit: Red Line to Grand Avenue
Bus 22: Southbound to Clark & Hubbard, Northbound to Dearborn & Hubbard
Bus 29: Southbound to State & Hubbard, Northbound to State & Kinzie
Bus 36: Southbound to State & Hubbard, Northbound to Dearborn & Hubbard
Bus 65: Eastbound to Illinois & Clark, Westbound to Grand & Dearborn
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet parking for $12
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (40)good for groups (35)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/20144 of us ate here, we all ordered steak. One persons steak was not done the way she asked, it went back and when it was returned she was asked to cut it and see, but in the dim of the room couldn't really tell. As she continued to eat, the rareness of the meat was evident, but she felt funny sending it back a 2nd time. She will never eat there again, but the rest of us were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No FrillsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014No frills. Basic...very. Good price for the locale but you get what you pay for. Steaks were ok...cooked spot on with unnoticeable seasoning. We went to the near north location for a 30th bday dinner. Asked a waitress for a surprise cake offering after dinner. She seemed excited and accommodating. ..Unfortunately they never brought the cake...they did bring the check....although their prices for ENTREES beat their peers...Drinks and sides more than make up the difference. We are not returning.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencethelegendVIPDined on 11/10/2014Dinner was very good. Our server as attentive, yet discreet. We shared a shrimp cocktail and philly cheese springrolls, which were simply outrageous. Split the cowboy ribeye which was succulent, juicy and delicious accompanied by BR Cohn Cabernet. I look forward to returning to Sullivans.Special Features:
- Queen for an eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014My mom who is not easily impressed was very excited and felt like a queen. Your staff was very responsive and waited on her with patience.Special Features:
- Good energyFirsttimeVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had great time here. It was fun and lively. Great cocktail menu. Service was very good, although have had better steak at other steak restaurants. Could have been what we ordered though.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphere...WindycitydeevaDined on 11/7/2014My family and I were celebrating my Mother's 80th birthday, however, experienced a very long wait for food delivery. Our waitresses were fantastic, however, I requested a birthday dessert but did not receive the dessert. This was my first visit and with a large group, however, I will visit again expecting a different service experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go Wrongbrip20Dined on 11/4/2014I've been to Sullivan's many times before, and I make sure it's a regular stop when in Chicago. Steaks are amazing, staff is fun and friendly, and the appetizers were great. Top notch as always from this place. I will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Service was awfulNotcomingbackDined on 11/4/2014We arrived and it was really slow but yet our server was no where to be found. She took our order for food and wine finally but yet our food came and still no wine. We were actually almost done eating when our wine showed up. Same thing with dessert, we ordered coffee but had to ask again for it.
- Business dinning experienceDasherDined on 11/3/2014The night did not start out well our reservation was for 8pm and we were finally seated at 8:45. Once seated our waitress did a very good job getting our drink orders quickly however there were several times that we just couldn't seem to find her when we needed help. When our food arrived all the orders were mixed up and our waitress was nowhere to be seen. We did order wine but the wine prices were very inflated with very few economical wine selections. For the prices and reputation of the restaurant I would have expected better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceNicoleVIPDined on 11/1/2014I was not pleased with the service. My waitress gave me the impression the restaurant was short of plates. She continuously picked up plates from my table even well before I signaled completion. My dinner took an extremely long time to arrive. I ordered the prix, and she also made it very clear "No Substitutions" for any of the items that came with the prix(I.e mashed potatoes to bake potatoes).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Wife had the filet. She said it was the best steak she had ever eaten. I had the rib eye pretty good but not spectacular considering the price. Sides of mushrooms- outstanding, au gratin potatoes- fair, creamed spinach- bitter. They must have been short of help waiter did not speak or understand English very well.
- 21st Birthday CelebrationQuincyKDined on 10/25/2014Celebrated a 21st Birthday on a weekend visit in Chicago with my daughter who attends a local University in town. We enjoyed good food and drink and would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Service a bit offLinda1795Dined on 10/25/2014We had been here for cocktails but never dinner. When friends came to town we strongly recommended going there. When my friend requested a vespers martini, the bartender a) had never heard of one; b) had no idea how to make one; and c) asked my friend to look up the recipe for him - all conveyed through the cocktail waitress who ran back and forth to the bar. Then friend No. 2 asked for a gin martini using Tanqueray 10 gin - the waitress returned to say that no, the bar didn't have Tanqueray 10. Our friends then joked we perhaps should have gone across the street instead to Ruth's Cris for cocktails! The waitress was very nice & apologetic. And our meal was absolutely delicious with superb service there - will give it another try.Special Features:
- Reunion dinner2goodDined on 10/25/2014My friend and I use to dine at Sullivan's in Dallas. When we realized there was one in Chicago,we quickly decided to dine there. So glad we did. Jazz music in the background. Delicious martinis. For dinner we had their fresh shrimp cocktail. We had butternut squash soup. It was creamy and so flavorful.The strip and the filet mingnon were cooked to perfection and seasoned perfectly.Didn't finish it all,so didn't have room for desert. Can't wait to go back. I will plan my meal better so I can have deserSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timekw4744Dined on 10/25/2014This was my second time eating at your establishment which was fantastic, the only complaint that I have is this is the second time I had the New York steak and both times I ordered it well done and both times it came out medium. And any steak lover knows once you cut into a steak and then have to throw it back on the fire it takes away a lot of the juice inside. Overall I will definitely being returning to your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay for a Chain RestaurantGourmetGalVIPDined on 10/21/2014Good service and massive portions. Not bad considering it is part of a chain.
- Chicago Dining Fail!WiscoDinerDined on 10/18/2014Sullivan's used to be one of my favorites for business & personal dining. This experience was the worst! Appetizer came quick - but downhill from there. Waitress never asked us for drink refills - so when we asked they came 20 minutes later and the old glasses were left at the table. The salads took 30 minutes after the appetizer and another 15 to clear the plates. Ordered off the Prix Fix menu and my steak came without potatoes and not sauce on it. Another waitress had to help cleanup our messy table. Had made a special request on Opentable for a special treat for my daughters 25th birthday we were celebrating - Nothing was offered! Sullivan's moves to the bottom of the list for me.Special Features:
- Good Steak House in ChicagocdnfoodieDined on 10/15/2014If you are looking for a typical Chicago steak meal, this would be a good choice. We were there on a quiet night. The service was excellent, the steak was delicious, and the sides & salads were as good as the steak. In our experience, not every restaurant can lay claim to that. If you want to hear the piano bar, be sure to specify that in your reservation, otherwise you may not hear much of the music.Special Features:
- Classic steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/12/2014Not just the steak, but the other food options are very good at this steakhouse. I like the prix fixe menu which allows you to have a small steak as well as an appetizer and dessert. It has an old Chicago feel. I didn't like the fact that the waitress called me "dear", "darling", etc. She was considerable younger than I am. Not appropriate regardless of age. Also too intense on the service. Not enough time between her suggestions and her return to the table.
- Great Steak HouseRIdinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Fantastic restaurant with a fantastic atmosphere and awesome food. They had a great prix fix menu and let me substitute a 14 oz dry aged New York Strip for just a few dollars more. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Very goodbrucer500Dined on 9/27/2014Had a business dinner for 6 here. Everything was great. Steaks were all done correctly, and one had Ahi tuna, and said it was very good. Service was very good and attentive. Only negative was the noise level. It is a high energy place, and a bit difficult to have any group conversation. I would recommend Sullivan's highly, however.Special Features:
- Wonderful!leahvanDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful time there with friends. Service and food was beyond expectations. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDatenightDined on 9/25/2014Took my wife here for a date night and it was perfect. Low lighting and live music that wasn'tooverpowering. Food was a bit expensive but worth every penny. We will definitely be going back but I recommend this place for special occasions or if you wanna do something romantic for your significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had the $42 special which was very good. Our waitress was new, but did an excellent job. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Our favorite Restaraunt in ChicagoJfadmdVIPDined on 9/19/2014Consistently fantastic . Third time eating here and looking forward to coming again . Steaks are delicious and cooked perfectly . Sides are tasty and large . Service is prompt and professional . You get wf hat you pay for here . A bit expensive but worth it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but service can be better.NA11VIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was good, but the waitress was slow. The food was good, but the waitress was slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/13/2014I took my husband to Sullivan's in Chicago for his birthday. We split the Cowboy Ribeye, and it was prepared to perfection! We initially ordered it medium rare, but our server recommended that it be cooked to medium. We were so glad we took his recommendation - it was amazing. We selected the shaved brussel sprouts and the garlic mashed potatoes to accompany our steak, and both were excellent! While I did not mention to our server that it was my husband's birthday, we were surprised with a tasty bananas foster bread pudding on the house, as he noticed the birthday card I had given him on our table. It was a great way to spend the evening, and I would recommend Sullivan's to anyone looking for a great steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedIMTSVisitorDined on 9/11/2014Tables and chairs were so close together that the wait staff couldn't even get around table - we had to pass food and plates. Food was just okay. One steak plate showed up cold. Ordered mashed potatoes, got french fries. Ordered dessert and it took 20 minutes to get served it. Waitress forgot to get an order from one person at the table and walked away. Best part was the calamari appetizer which was excellent. Everything else was just "okay", definitely over rated.
- DisappointedReviewDined on 9/10/2014I've eaten at Sullivan's multiple times. I am not one to send my food back but, during a recent visit (to the Naperville location) I returned my rib-eye because it was severely undercooked. The second attempt simply charred the outside of the steak sent back. The third attempt was a new rib-eye and was perfect. The manager stopped by the table to check, reduced the bill and bought us a round of drinks. I was very pleased how the situation was handled and vowed to return. I recently entertained a group of 8 at the Chgo Loop location. Four meals were perfect. The balance were cold and one steak was returned three times. Service was also very slow. I will not be returning.
- Great food but not romanticRko2013Dined on 9/8/2014Great steaks and sides. A visitor to Chicago this steakhouse was recommended by the hotel. The shaved brussel sprouts were excellent for those who like brussel sprouts. Like most the steak houses, you need to wonder why the can't throw in a couple sides for the price of the meal! A bit too noisy to call it romantic, which cost them points for ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable birthday steakhouse mealExNewYorkerDined on 9/7/2014Steak perfectly cooked - melted in our mouths. Mellow jazz, live two piece act in bar area. Every morsel was delicious - we ordered a variety from the prix fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Win, win, win...CoreyDDined on 9/3/2014Great food.. great menu.. great prices! I would suggest that this in one of the best steak places in downtown Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014It was our daughter's 30th golden birthday. We told the hostess and thought she would mention that to our waitress, but apparently she didn't. At the end of the meal when I asked about something for the bday girl, the waitress had no idea what I was talking about. The ambience was excellent and noise level perfect, possibly because it was not crowded. Food was good, but nothing outstanding and certainly not as good as Ruth Chris, our go-to steak house for consistently wonderful buttery steaks. Service was just okay. The waitress may have been new, so I will give her a pass. She was much too casual, forgot to bring a few items, didn't know the menu well, and forgot to apply the $25 coupon we had. Our dining experience was okay.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceSTBearDined on 8/30/2014Another great meal at Sullivan's!! Great food, great service - just a great place to dine!Special Features:
- PerfectLuvfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014We we pleasantly surprised, visiting Chicago from California for my daughters birthday... Everyone was so happy, fantastic ribeye, salmon and surf & turf, the staff was great multiple servers waiting on us, thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my daughterJenluvsfiletDined on 8/28/2014I wanted to take my daughter out for a nice dinner our last night in Chicago. Sullivan's did not disappoint! The ambiance was very nice. We ordered off of the sure thing menu (prix fixe). My daughter ordered the calamari which was very good albeit quite spicy.. (A little too spicy for the both of us). I ordered the roasted garlic meatballs which were excellent but tasted more like meatballs in Marsala sauce. Up next was the shrimp lobster bisque.. I declined the fresh cracked black pepper and that was a wise decision as the soup did have quite a bit of heat (from pepper) already. We both ordered the 6 oz filet and garlic horseradish mashed potatoes. The filet had a little too much pepper. The potatoes were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comment on Sullivan'spapiDined on 8/28/2014The evening at Sullivan's was to celebrate my daughter's forthcoming birthday, at first the service was slow and taking our orders but after that the restaurant exceeded our expectation - food was delicious, cocktails excellent, wine chosen was good. Attention given to us after my original complaint compensated for our slight inconvenience at the beginning. All in all a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014I am bringing 10 people and I have to pour my own wine.
- Great Anniversary DinnerElizabethDined on 8/16/2014Sullivan's is a tradition for our wedding anniversary dinner, and for this year we dined at the downtown Chicago location - having a great experience there as well :) See you again next year, and before then for fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I both ordered filets and mine came out perfectly done and amazing. Her filet was too rare and had to be sent back. After trying to fix it unsuccessfully, we got a new one with a new side dish that was just as amazing as mine. A minor inconvenience, but the food was so good we didn't mind. Service was impeccable and they comped her wine for the trouble. Definitely one of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.