Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago
415 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sullivansteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3125273510x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jesus Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature live jazz every night.
- Special Events:
- Cross Street: Hubbard Street
- Public Transit: Red Line to Grand Avenue
Bus 22: Southbound to Clark & Hubbard, Northbound to Dearborn & Hubbard
Bus 29: Southbound to State & Hubbard, Northbound to State & Kinzie
Bus 36: Southbound to State & Hubbard, Northbound to Dearborn & Hubbard
Bus 65: Eastbound to Illinois & Clark, Westbound to Grand & Dearborn
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet parking for $12
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (42)good for groups (40)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014It was our daughter's 30th golden birthday. We told the hostess and thought she would mention that to our waitress, but apparently she didn't. At the end of the meal when I asked about something for the bday girl, the waitress had no idea what I was talking about. The ambience was excellent and noise level perfect, possibly because it was not crowded. Food was good, but nothing outstanding and certainly not as good as Ruth Chris, our go-to steak house for consistently wonderful buttery steaks. Service was just okay. The waitress may have been new, so I will give her a pass. She was much too casual, forgot to bring a few items, didn't know the menu well, and forgot to apply the $25 coupon we had. Our dining experience was okay.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Another great meal at Sullivan's!! Great food, great service - just a great place to dine!Special Features:
- PerfectLuvfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014We we pleasantly surprised, visiting Chicago from California for my daughters birthday... Everyone was so happy, fantastic ribeye, salmon and surf & turf, the staff was great multiple servers waiting on us, thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I wanted to take my daughter out for a nice dinner our last night in Chicago. Sullivan's did not disappoint! The ambiance was very nice. We ordered off of the sure thing menu (prix fixe). My daughter ordered the calamari which was very good albeit quite spicy.. (A little too spicy for the both of us). I ordered the roasted garlic meatballs which were excellent but tasted more like meatballs in Marsala sauce. Up next was the shrimp lobster bisque.. I declined the fresh cracked black pepper and that was a wise decision as the soup did have quite a bit of heat (from pepper) already. We both ordered the 6 oz filet and garlic horseradish mashed potatoes. The filet had a little too much pepper. The potatoes were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comment on Sullivan'spapiDined on 8/28/2014The evening at Sullivan's was to celebrate my daughter's forthcoming birthday, at first the service was slow and taking our orders but after that the restaurant exceeded our expectation - food was delicious, cocktails excellent, wine chosen was good. Attention given to us after my original complaint compensated for our slight inconvenience at the beginning. All in all a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014I am bringing 10 people and I have to pour my own wine.
- Great Anniversary DinnerElizabethDined on 8/16/2014Sullivan's is a tradition for our wedding anniversary dinner, and for this year we dined at the downtown Chicago location - having a great experience there as well :) See you again next year, and before then for fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I both ordered filets and mine came out perfectly done and amazing. Her filet was too rare and had to be sent back. After trying to fix it unsuccessfully, we got a new one with a new side dish that was just as amazing as mine. A minor inconvenience, but the food was so good we didn't mind. Service was impeccable and they comped her wine for the trouble. Definitely one of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and nice band!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 16th year anniversary. We had the special and everything was excellent! The live band was nice, the lights are dimmed so if you want to get romantic you can. Great atmosphere! I can't wait to go back for another dinner outing with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visit Sullivan'sMznita2uDined on 8/7/2014The service, food, server and atmosphere was great I will defiantly be back soon and will recommend you to all for fine dining in Chicago one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placelolasguyDined on 8/5/2014We went on Tuesday evening, 9/5/14, kind of early, around 7. Reservations were made that afternoon, but we would not have needed them at that time on a Tuesday. I only have 2 concerns. First, the food was pretty good, but the green beans side were VERY salty. I tend to salt things quite a bit (more than i should) and these tasted salty to me. And secondly, they had a couple of guys playing music there. A guy on drums and a guy on keyboards. Boy do THEY need practice!!! As far as I'm concerned their music was just noise.Special Features:
- Don't miss this place!WhateverCindyDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time in Chicago. I was looking for a nice steak house but not a typical chain. The server and service along with food was AMAZING and totally exceeded my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bg13Dined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the evening and dinner. Had the steak and lobster. We sat and talked after dinner with dessert's and tea / coffee, and it felt like we were being watched even though the restaurant wasn't full. May have just been attentive service. Thought the food was very good.
- Classic Chicago steakhouseBacardiSFODined on 7/26/2014After running down the list of "top 20" steak houses listed on Chicago magazine without much luck on a last minute Saturday night reservation, we landed a 7pm slot at Sullivan's. It was on the list, but not being familiar with the name, it wasn't our first choice. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise and a terrific choice. The table was ready immediately, but we decided to have a classic Martini in the bar first. They had a small live music combo playing and the generously poured drinks were served quickly with a smile from the hostess. A great start to the evening. Once seated at the table, the great experience continued. Fantastic servers, amazing old school steaks and side dishes. It was a great meal. A+ all the way around. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Me and my fiancée enjoy ourselves. Will be back soon to try one of those cigars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!luv2skateDined on 7/12/2014We had a great meal at Sullivan's. Our waiter was fabulous and recommended an off menu entrée that was delicious. Great steak and seafood. And the waiter persuaded me to try the braised brussel sprouts and I was glad I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoDiningdivasDined on 7/12/2014The waiter and other staff were very attentive. I thought the food was good but I have had better at other downtown restaurants. The restaurant was clean and we were promptly seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROMANTIC DINNERCrime44Dined on 7/6/2014My wife and I wanted to have a romantic dinner. Sullivan's was recommended by a friend for GREAT Food and awesome service...glad we were able to get a reservation on a short notice. Very enjoyable and tasty..! The atmosphere was amazing and the music was so very relaxing. Highly recommend the Filet Mignon cooked to perfection and delicately seasoned to perfection. We will return again, hopefully sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainLove2TravelDined on 7/4/20145 of us went for dinner July 4th. 2 tables had patrons. My husband said wine & hesitated. Our waiter, Jason, immediately said, "something cheap." In the 1st 5 min. he called us cheap 3 times. We all frequent upscale restaurants on a regular basis & were surprised & insulted. When he came for our dinner order, we decided on the Prix Fixe Menu, since he felt we were cheap. We had all planned on ordering full meals that would have totaled in the $60/person range. The steaks were not cooked as we had asked; there was no Bordelaise sauce for starters.When he asked how our meal was, we said great. He turned to the kitchen where a group of servers & cooks watching & held 2 thumbs up. How very blatantly condescending. After diner drinks elsewhere.
- Expected more...SwerveDined on 6/28/2014We dined at Sullivan's during a recent getaway weekend to Chicago. My wife and I enjoy finding nice restaurants with good food and good service and this was just an average find. It started with slow service - we had a 8:45pm reservation so it wasn't like the place was busy. We had high hopes of good food based on the reviews we had seen but we were left disappointed there as well.
- Bachelor PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Had an awesome time. Kenny our server did a great job taking care of us. And the manager even stopped by to offer a special desert for the Bachelor. Had an awesome time with great food and drink. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to have a great dinner.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/28/2014Kenny was our waiter and he was just great! The food was delicious and he paced us very nicely. Have been meaning to go here for quite a while now, and finally did. So sorry I waited so long. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great DiningSaxdazeDined on 6/21/2014From the entrance to our seats, we were treated like royalty. Great service, food, drink, and atmosphere! A most stop for any 'out-of-towner' or local product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet not great.AUC1Dined on 6/20/2014Filet not impressive. Prix fixe menu options good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day 6/15/14TMdiningDined on 6/15/2014I surprised my sweetheart with reservations at Sullivan's on Father's Day. We had never dined there in the past and was pleasantly wowed with the experience. Food, entertainment, service, and ambiance were all fantastic.Special Features:
- Solid as usualSullyLoverVIPDined on 6/13/2014Sullivan's never disappoints. Great food, great drinks, great service. I love their promotional deals and the rare rewards program.Special Features:
- Sullivan's steak and lobster a hitDaveVIPDined on 6/8/2014My wife took advantage of Sullivan's steak and lobster special for $42 and was delighted. The lobster included more than just the tail and was done to perfection. The small steak was tasty despite her insistence it be done medium well. My filet was quite good after a notable and unique philly steak egg roll appetizer. The lobster and crab bisque was especially tasty and not overpowering. We had an excellent experience.Special Features:
- SolidZippyDined on 6/7/2014Good food. Good price. Good service. There were no surprises or disappointments. It is a solid dining experience when you know you will get a good meal at a good price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!KaJoDined on 6/5/2014I made a reservation here for my husband's birthday. This is a great restaurant with great service. This is a true dining experience. They allow you to take your time. Our server was excellent, not hovering but still attentive. We both had the summer fling-steak and lobster which was fantastic. Steaks were cooked just the way we had ordered them. The sides are family style so we were able to share a side of garlic mashed potatoes which we also great. And because I had included that it was my husband's birthday in our reservation we had a free dessert on the house with a candle in it when it was brought to the table. We will certainly consider returning for celebrations in the future.Special Features:
- Great for groupsBurparooDined on 5/30/2014I had a party for 20-ish people - easy to book on Open Table, had a private room booked and great service. Food was excellent and generous portions were served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected8WellDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant had been recommended to us. We were a party of six. We were seated on time. Two of the couples asked to split the 12oz filet. The steaks delivered were more like strip steaks than filets. One steak had to be sent back and they new one was not improvement. I would not return or recommend. The restaurant called us later and said that the one steak should have been removed from our bill and they did credit for it afterward.
- Disappointing ExperiencegrtfoodieDined on 5/21/2014We have dined here before and had excellent service, great food and drinks. However, this time, until we explained that we had theatre tickets and had a drop dead leave time, the service was slow and not very attentive. Also, we were with another couple and the drink ordered (mojito) was lacking something and did not taste right. The drink had been ordered and was excellent in the past so she was disappointed. The replacement drink (rum and coke) appeared watered down with an enormous amount of ice. Albeit, the excelent drink was on a Saturday and this was a Wednesday, this put us off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSarahDined on 5/20/2014Delicious food and great hospitality. The live jazz was a great addition to our meal. By far, my favorite steakhouse in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeartyTheDinerVIPDined on 5/18/2014Busy and nice restaurant. Nice decor, what you'd expect in a high end steakhouse. Won't disappoint.Special Features:
- Rough night for the staffNicholDined on 5/17/2014Two of three steaks were perfect, the sides were great, and drinks were pretty good. Unfortunately, there was a fire alarm that some folks in a panic. Didn't really disturb us, but we overheard some folks really complaining how it "ruined their night" and how terrified it made them. Two recommendations if you try Sullivans; 1) Find the right bartender if you get a drink before dinner. One guy has a talent and some very good ideas, the others, less so. 2) If you can eat on the main level dinning area, it's probably the better experience. All in all, a solid choice but I think it was a rough night for the crew all around.Special Features:
- Would do it all over again!!TheVsDined on 5/17/2014In town from NY for our son's college graduation. Saturday nights are busy but add in graduation day for a number of local colleges, busy would be an understatement. Reservation at 7:45 (six people). Have to admit that I was a little stressed out when we saw the crowd out front. Went inside, gave the hostess our name and she said hang out a bit, we'll seat you as soon as we have a table for 6. I thought that there is no way we are going get seated any time soon not to mention that there would be no way for her to remember us considering the crowd she had to have in her face. I could not have been more wrong, in about 15 minutes we were headed to our table. The rest of the night was even better - service & food were perfect - 5 stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Fiancee and I went out to a nice date night, and had a wonderful time. Our server was fantastic, and despite it only being her second night on the job, she had been very well trained, it would seem. The other servers seemed to be very helpful and work together. I had a Manhattan, which was fantastic. My only complaint was that my steak was a little on the medium well side, instead of the medium rare that I requested. It was a one-off though, because the other steak was spot on. Both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful bday celebrationmzphoheiselDined on 5/17/2014The staff was wonderful! We had a large group and the staff were so nice. F2f old was great especially the cheese steak egg rolls yum! I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Exceptional as usual!Iceman44Dined on 5/11/2014I've been dining at Sullivan's for over ten years now, and I can honestly say I have never had a bad dining experience. That sentence ,in a nutshell, says all you'll need to know when deciding where to dine this evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch!!!Love2dineDined on 5/11/2014We had an amaizing time with my 2 children, in-law and Husband. Food and service were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.