Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
1928 South Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (704) 335-8228
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:30pm- 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Walters
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sullivan's provides many options for your private dining needs with accommodations from 10 to 250 guests. We offer pre-set lunch menus from $25-$39 per person, featuring soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Our dinner menus offer many choices including Filet Mignon, Bone-In Kansas City Strip, and Chilean Sea Bass. Our pre-set dinner menus range from $53-$79 per person. We also offer a full appetizer menu for cocktail parties and networking events.
For more information please contact Natasha DeMaio: (704) 335-8228.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Six Nights A Week!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Southend ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (71)good for groups (60)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (25)great for lunch (20)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome food, long wait.DaniDined on 11/15/2014They were running behind on reservations, so we ended up waiting an hr, when we were told 15mins, but we sat at the bar and had a drink and talked and barely even noticed how long we were waiting until it was an hr. When we finally sat and ate, OMG the food was AMAZING! ! Well worth the wait, but not something I want to do again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was good but expensive. Service was poor. My waitress literally threw sugar packets on my table after I requested some. She never used my name although I had a reservation and paid with a credit card. I had a 5:00 reservation and the restaurant was completely empty when I arrived yet I was shown to a table in the middle of the floor. When I asked to be seated in a booth I was told they were full although the restaurant was empty and I had a reservation.
- Good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I suppose I just ordered the wrong dish that night as my friend's filet was apparently delicious. I, however, decided to go all out on their $59 lobster tail and ended up with an over priced meal of chewy toughness. The wait staff was very good, and the rest of the meal was tasty but I could have gotten a $10 lobster tail from Harris Teeter and messed it up on my own.
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014Just took my son there for his 18th birthday. The dining room looks like it was redecorated, it did not seem as warm as it used to be. The food was average at best. Calamari with Asian flare was just ok, Cheese steak egg rolls were awful, chowder had one piece of crab in it. Steak was nothing special. VERY pricey for just an average meal. I was very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's Is Always GreatDeeGeeZeeDined on 11/10/2014I've never had a bad meal or inattentive service at Sullivan's. The food is reliably excellent and the restaurant is always my first choice when thinking of a nicer place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are perfecttrynottocookDined on 11/9/2014Best place in Charlotte for steak. All the food is excellent. Try the pineapple martini!Special Features:
- Quick but nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We were in a bit of a rush to get to a wedding, but the staff did a great job handling our time crunch. Also they were very attentive to my wife's gluten free specifics regarding her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Me and my wife celebrated our anniversary there. Food was great. Service was outstanding. Best fried calamari i have had since i lived in FloridaSpecial Features:
- Awesome steak. Best calamari!BrianeatsCLTDined on 11/5/2014Filet was perfectly prepared and the calamari appetizer was the best I've ever eaten. Ask for Bob as a waiter because he is so nice and very attentive. He even took an old school photo of my family celebrating my wife's birthday, printed it out and gave to us to remember the occasion. Great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak In CharlotteleftyjackwoodDined on 11/2/2014Sullivan's in never a disappointment...consistently the best steak in Charlotte, great service, and perfect ambiance for a steak restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014I told them that it was a milestone birthday for my husband. All directions were followed exactly. It was a great meal. Wonderful service and great atmosphere. They even took a picture and printed it out. The restaurant went above and beyondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maxie95Dined on 11/2/2014Outstanding in food, service, setting. I would come here regularly but prices keep it as a special occasion restaurant. Best restaurant meal since I moved here a year ago. The calamari is incredible, as are steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcarolinagirlDined on 11/1/2014I always heard about Sullivan's and decided to try it for my daughters 18th Birthday. I thought it would be a little more fancier. It was small and very noisy. The food was okay. Very expensive and I don't think worth the $$. I wouldn't recommend or go back.
- Dining at its BesthappyDined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious, cook to perfection. They had many choices to choice from. Elegant but not stuffy. Staff was willing to help and very knowledgeable on the various items.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCharlieVIPDined on 10/30/2014We think the steaks at Sullivan's are the best in town. They are always cooked to perfection. If you go ask for Lynn to be your server. She is superb.The Pris Fixe is a grat value and the choices will satisfy anyone's desire. Grat food, great service, great value. BTW, the bar tender makes a perfect Rob Roy perfectly!Special Features:
- Debbie5500Debbie5500Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great tasting 8 0z. filet with bernaise on the side no other words but delicious, I usually never finish but here I cannot resist. I shared a side of shaved brussel sprouts awesome tasting with bacon. My friend ordered the chicken with balsamic and enjoyed that also. We shared a nice super tuscan wine at a reasonable price $45. Overall a very nice night out with great conversation and food to match.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceMarkBDined on 10/23/2014Great steaks and wine. Every item was top notch from the calamari to the sides and the Filet Mignon was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivans Steakhouse-CharlotteSteeleDined on 10/20/2014Sullivans Steakhouse is always at the top of my list for entertaining out of town guest. Service is key so everyone is comfortable and can enjoy the meal, drinks, and they make sure you never have to ask for refills. Their steaks are always spot on !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementTravelerDined on 10/19/2014Dinner for 4 on a relatively quiet Sunday night at the prior-reliable Sullivan's seemed like a low risk. In actuality, I left with the thought that there is room for improvement. It still has the right feel, but service and food could have been better.Special Features:
- Good food , Quiet placeDRG1Dined on 10/18/2014You do get what you pay for at Sullivan's. It is expensive, but the food lives up to price tag. Been here twice and every item we had on the menu has been top notch. The added bonus is that it is also a small enough and quiet enough place to have a conversation with whoever you are going to eat with, and you are not in some giant establishment that could make you feel like you get lost in the shuffle. The staff was also very friendly, helpful and attentive on both occasions. If you are willing to spend the money, Sullivan's will not disappoint you.Special Features:
- Hands down!LuvagoodsteakDined on 10/17/2014Sullivan's serves the best steak I have ever eaten! Hands down! Aside from the great food. The service and the overall vibe has been wonderful each time we have been!Special Features:
- Great food...AfnerDined on 10/17/2014the food was really good, and as picky as I am for meat, the steak (medium rare) satisfied all my cravings, the goat cheese and red wine topping for it was off the chain. Pumpkin/squash soup was incredible, with the toasted seeds of the same pumpkin as garnish which I really like. Overall great place, my only concern is that music was a little bit too loud for a relaxing dining experience, but I guess it all depends in what your occasion is.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealDrMemmieDined on 10/17/2014The food and service were excellent. Enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- Lovely evening for our anniversaryHeathersnesteDined on 10/13/2014We can not say enough about how well we were treated for our anniversary dinner. Everyone who greeted us we friendly and welcoming. Our server went out of his way to make our celebration a memorable one. We both had the specials and were able to split both our appetizers so each one of us had a small, but good size portion of both the soup and salad not to mention our shared fabulous free dessert that we barely had any room for. Even with the "special" dinner with a glass of wine each it was over $130, but this place is worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysNyc2cltDined on 10/11/2014I never have had a bad experience with Sullivan's, it's always so delicious and friendly. The manager was great!! He was so nice and came over to speak with us for a bit about everything from sports, to travel, dinning and more! Being a social couple, we really enjoyed and admired that! Their drinks are so good, the service is fast! Best calamari ever! I ordered the roasted chicken, which I've ordered in the past, and it is so good! However this time around, it was a little dry and overlooked, but flavor was amazing. I'm definitely going to try the lamb on my next visit!! This place is one of my faves, you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Too Noisy for Mebest12driverDined on 10/10/2014I was hoping for a elegant, quiet, romantic dining experience - with excellent food. The food and the service were excellent. The only disappointment - for me - was the noise level. I felt the music was too loud - which made all the conversations louder than necessary. The total experience wasn't bad - just not what I wanted for a 38th wedding anniversary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining here.DrellDined on 10/2/2014Waiter was excellent very accommodating and friendly, attended to our every need, It's always my first choice to dine at Sullivan's with that special someone.Special Features:
- Good foodMeghan93Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good however I aksked for my steak to be cooked Medium and it was medium rare to rare. It was still good however I didn't eat about 4 pieces of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeichoosegDined on 9/27/2014I special requested a dessert that was simply delicious. It was also my husband's birthday & they put candles on his dessert & also made a picture. The food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a splendid dinnerLuv2splurgeDined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and my husband's first time there. He really enjoyed his dinner and I am so glad. I have been a diner there before with clients. I am certain we will back together it was such a great evening. Highly recommend the bananas foster bread pudding worth every calorie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was awful and the steak was dry. I would have expected a little more taste and moisture in my food and more knowledge about items on menu.If I was dinning at tgif I would say that things was fine, but with the amount of MONEY the I spent here things should have been 100 percent better.Cost plus service plus knowledge. I would never suggests this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014We had excellent, seamless service and delicious food on a recent evening at Sullivan's for a birthday and anniversary celebration. We were especially appreciative that they accommodated our request of being out of the way since we had a young infant with us. Thank you for helping make our night special, Sullivan's! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!MikeDined on 9/23/2014Once again Sullivan's hits the mark! The service was outstanding, even to the point of remembering a dish we had previously that was no longer on the menu. We asked the waiter if it was possible to provide the dish, and the chef agreed. The food was delicious, and the wine was top notch. I always have a great experience at Sullivan's and highly recommend it for either a business dinner or special occassion, and of course for a wonderful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the prices.MinnMaxDined on 9/22/2014A "good" steakhouse charging "great" steakhouse prices. Nowhere near the standard of national chains like Capital Grille and Mastro's. Sullivan's also doesn't have a compelling local history to make it an interesting dining experience. Extremely inattentive service the last 2 times I've brought clients to dine here. Cold steaks that weren't served to all guests simultaneously. If you must have steak, stick with a chain when in Charlotte.
- Over pricedStaceyDined on 9/20/2014Good food but it is way overpriced. Apparently only the rich can afford to eat here. Very demeaning to those who arentSpecial Features:
- Overall Good...TamaraDined on 9/19/2014I've heard so much about Sullivan's. So, for my boyfriend's birthday, we decided to make reservations. We did not have to wait to be seated. The atmosphere was good. I was excited because I've heard so many positive comments about the food. We had the calamari and steak egg rolls for appetizers. They were good. The wedge lettuce was decent but I've had better. It was nothing special. We ordered the Salmon and Steak. The steak was overcook but seasoned well. The salmon was dry, could have used some kind of sauce. Since it was my boyfriend's birthday, we got a free dessert and a picture to take home; a very nice touch. My first visit wasn't what I was expecting. I felt like I was let down because of all the rave reviews I've heard about.Special Features:
- Sullivan's-Five Star PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Our first time finding this gem in the Southend District provided a phenomenal dining experience. They met and exceeded my every expectation - from the set up of a bottle of Presecco to the fresh sourdough loaf and whipped butter, to adding a single rose to our special date night, the food and service is exceptional. Our waiter, Richard, took every opportunity to make our night special. And the food - outstanding. The lobster bisque was chock full of lobster and shrimp and offered with a well prepared Cesear salad...then the trio filet Mignon topped with three distinct sauces shared with a large double sized lobster tail and grilled asparagus was prepared and cooked to perfection. This restaurant is now on our short list as a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedcharlotteresidentDined on 9/18/2014The food and service was great! The wine list is excellent. They also serve my husband's favorite whisky, which you don't find most places.Special Features:
- Not so GreatmaddyforfoodDined on 9/16/2014I had a business lunch at Sullivan's with two others and it was just OK. It use to be a lot better We sat in the bar at a great table off to the side, good for a meeting. But the food and the service was ok at best. We wont hurry back.This was the second time I have had a not so good experience.Special Features:
- September 14sullivans1steaksDined on 9/14/2014We usually like to go to Sullivans and will 4 or 5 times a year. However, this occasion we had a bad experience on a Sunday night. Not for sure what happened on this night if the staff forgot to show up or wanted to stay home. Onion rings were not good and very chewy. The mgr took this off the tab since they were so bad. All of our side items were not good at all. Mushrooms had butter adhered to the outside, baked potato was cold and mashed potatoes were not even edible. The only descent part of the meal was the steak and salad