Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
1928 South Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7043358228x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:30pm- 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Walters
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sullivan's provides many options for your private dining needs with accommodations from 10 to 250 guests. We offer pre-set lunch menus from $25-$39 per person, featuring soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Our dinner menus offer many choices including Filet Mignon, Bone-In Kansas City Strip, and Chilean Sea Bass. Our pre-set dinner menus range from $53-$79 per person. We also offer a full appetizer menu for cocktail parties and networking events.
For more information please contact Natasha DeMaio: (704) 335-8228.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Six Nights A Week!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Southend ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)romantic (95)notable wine list (71)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (54)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (21)great for lunch (17)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Overall Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I've heard so much about Sullivan's. So, for my boyfriend's birthday, we decided to make reservations. We did not have to wait to be seated. The atmosphere was good. I was excited because I've heard so many positive comments about the food. We had the calamari and steak egg rolls for appetizers. They were good. The wedge lettuce was decent but I've had better. It was nothing special. We ordered the Salmon and Steak. The steak was overcook but seasoned well. The salmon was dry, could have used some kind of sauce. Since it was my boyfriend's birthday, we got a free dessert and a picture to take home; a very nice touch. My first visit wasn't what I was expecting. I felt like I was let down because of all the rave reviews I've heard about.Special Features:
- Sullivan's-Five Star PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Our first time finding this gem in the Southend District provided a phenomenal dining experience. They met and exceeded my every expectation - from the set up of a bottle of Presecco to the fresh sourdough loaf and whipped butter, to adding a single rose to our special date night, the food and service is exceptional. Our waiter, Richard, took every opportunity to make our night special. And the food - outstanding. The lobster bisque was chock full of lobster and shrimp and offered with a well prepared Cesear salad...then the trio filet Mignon topped with three distinct sauces shared with a large double sized lobster tail and grilled asparagus was prepared and cooked to perfection. This restaurant is now on our short list as a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedcharlotteresidentDined on 9/18/2014The food and service was great! The wine list is excellent. They also serve my husband's favorite whisky, which you don't find most places.Special Features:
- September 14sullivans1steaksDined on 9/14/2014We usually like to go to Sullivans and will 4 or 5 times a year. However, this occasion we had a bad experience on a Sunday night. Not for sure what happened on this night if the staff forgot to show up or wanted to stay home. Onion rings were not good and very chewy. The mgr took this off the tab since they were so bad. All of our side items were not good at all. Mushrooms had butter adhered to the outside, baked potato was cold and mashed potatoes were not even edible. The only descent part of the meal was the steak and salad
- Disappointment of a $200 mealbrucerDined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed. We heard it was such a great restaurant but we could have the same quality of food for less than 1/2 the price. My wife's salad was drenched in dressing and they served her steak with the wrong sauce.
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014great service without being intrusive, excellent food and experienceSpecial Features:
- Great service and Ambience - FOOD!food2celebrateDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant was picked by an employee for his special anniversary celebration. The staff, food - entire night was exactly what we had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and Delicious!LKN0608Dined on 9/9/2014Sullivan's, while a steakhouse chain, operates with a personal touch attitude, has a very well trained and personable waitstaff, offers both the a la carte and prix fix menus, and delivers service that is, while expected, greatly appreciated. Highly recommend this location. Food was perfect, waitstaff and attention to detail superb.Special Features:
- Great food and service; freneticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014I took my husband to Sullivan's for his birthday. We had a great table, the food was outstanding and the service was just the right amount of attention. The noise level, however, was distracting, and the servers were all running around constantly--the environment was very frenetic. It's a great place if you don't mind the noise and constant activity.Special Features:
- The Creme De La CremelovedtheexperienceDined on 9/6/2014Simply an outstanding meal, unbeatable service, and special birthday treat. We have been to many higher end restaurants and can attest to the fact that overall, it does get any better than our occasion and meal at Sullivan's in Charlotte. Thank you.Special Features:
- OverratedDined on 9/6/2014Moved here fom NJ about 7 years ago. After working in NY for 25 years, and being familiar with all the best eateries, finally a comparable restaurant to ones in the City.Special Features:
- Great EveningKitcatDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our recent dinner celebrating an anniversary. Most of us in our party of six ordered off of the $42 Prix Fixe menu. We especially liked the jumbo shrimp cocktail, lettuce wedge, shrimp & lobster bisque and the delicious filet mignon. Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidSPgoodDined on 9/5/2014Solid food with outstanding service Made my daughter's birthday very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan class actFunDiningDined on 8/30/2014Service and food was great. From hostess, to waiter, to manager-- very personable which made our anniversary even more memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with Sullivan'salanDined on 8/29/2014We have never been disappointed with Sullivan's. The service is excellent. This time the waitress was training a new person and we received better than excellent service. Food is always outstanding -- I don't know how they get a filet that tender and prepared just the way you ordered it. We each ordered the $39 special which includes appetizer, salad, and entrée. Great value! The only thing I could complain about is they did not put bacon bits on my lettuce wedge, but the blue cheese made up for it.Special Features:
- 082914Dined on 8/29/2014The only thing missing the day I went was a selection of crab cakes.... i love Sullivan's crab cakes!!! But the Long Island Ice Tea was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMizbu01VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have always enjoyed Sullivan's in the past, the service and Happy Hour is normally pleasant. However, the last few times that I have dined there have not been great. We had a late dinner this time, we felt rushed and the food portions were small despite everything being a la carte. I was not impressed with the steak or lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!!DBH1974Dined on 8/28/2014I chose to celebrate my birthday at Sullivan's because I had eaten there before and it was delicious. Sullivan's is the best steak house in Charlotte!! The food was delicious!! The portions are huge!! And the staff at Sullivan's does a great job from the moment you walk in the door!! I had a great 40th birthday with my brother (who flew down from Connecticut!) and my good friend. I will definitely be back!! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Service friendly and accommodating but poor follow thru Steak had to be returned to kitchen for further cooking initial order not even close to was ordered Ordered medium received rare Dessert soufflé was not even cooked Brown on top runny and soup like interior Took forever to get even tough we pre ordered Had to ask waiter if they stl featured soufflés because he failed to mention I think he forgot to put order in Than rushed to get it out We were the only party in rest at 5:15 pm So there're should be no excuse for the poor performance Never again Sorry
- 14 Year Wedding AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went to Sullivan's to celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary. When searching for the perfect location for a memorable dinner we found Sullivan's and thought why not! I immediately booked dinner reservations and told them exactly what I wanted on the table before we arrived and it was just the way I requested it! We were taken away by the amazing ambiance and romantic setting of the restaurant. Their food was some of the best food that we have ever had! We have lived in Europe and traveled all over the world so we are not strangers to great cuisine. I highly recommend this restaurant to any couple that wants to have the perfect romantic experience while indulging in an outstanding meal. Two thumbs up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go here when canCraigDined on 8/23/2014If I am to drive to Charlotte to eat, Sullivans is always my first choice. Food and service were excellent as usual. Children leaving for college and we had a table for 10 as a going away. Will certainly do again. Also, I do not hear well, and have no problems hearing here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfiedluv2eatsteakDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I both always choose Sullivan's for any special occasion. We have never had a bad meal or poor service. We tried several other steak houses (Ruth Chris and Morton's) and were very disappointed with the quality all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinganniversaryDined on 8/22/2014From the moment that we walked in the door our experience was amazing. It was our 33rd wedding anniversary and everyone there made us feel special. The food was delicious ,cook exactly like we ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dudley JonesDudleyDined on 8/21/2014My favourite restaurant in USA, it never dissapoints !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014our group of 7 enjoyed their meals and the service was attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversaryDeekDined on 8/19/2014We went for the lobster trio, but got a number of excellent surprises in addition, we had an exceptional meal and a great timeSpecial Features:
- A real treat!luckydogDined on 8/17/2014We went for our 36th anniversary and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They took our picture and signed the photo and even brought us complimentary champaigne to toast our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilDined on 8/17/2014Great service. My guest enjoyed the food and the attendant was very helpful with the food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's was outstanding!Thankful2014Dined on 8/16/2014Summer Fling special was delicious! The staff was attentive. The wine recommendation was excellent. They handled my celiac disease extremely well. Our family of five loved celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary there! We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My steak was great; my wife's lobster was undercooked--probably she should have sent it back. All the sides, etc., were good. Very pretty inside; music annoying--too "rocky" and too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomaticMommyX2Dined on 8/16/2014I truly enjoyed Sullivan's. My wife and I went there for our anniversary. Everyone was extremely nice and the waiter was great. At the end of our evening, a hostess came by to take our picture. A few minutes later she returned with our picture and it had been signed by everyone. We will make this our new yearly anniversary outing.Special Features:
- Sully's SteakDanny007Dined on 8/15/2014Service impeccable and good honest food. Ambiance was good and bar was hoping which is always a good indication.Special Features:
- Memorable EveningEllieDined on 8/9/2014This was a birthday dinner for my lady. We were greeted with smiles which made us feel very comfortable. Out waiter, Will, was the greatest. He was there when we needed him, his recommendations were spot on and he was fun and extremely helpful. The food was outstanding. We had the boned in filet and it was a real treat. They provided us without charge a 25 year old scotch as a birthday treat. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and enjoyed every minute of our dinning experience. On our favorite list and highly recommend. Easy to get to and parking was abundant. Sullivan's has a sophisticated charm with a comfortable feeling. Great combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'sMikeDined on 8/9/2014Service was outstanding and the food was great! Good find!Special Features:
- Overall fantasticNiceDined on 8/8/2014Lobster bisque was highlight of the evening as well as dessert. Fast. Steak was salty and one note with nothing added to it. Disappointed there was only one Riesling by the glass on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for dinnerRSDgroupDined on 8/7/2014My family loves Sullivans. You always have the best food. But on this last visit we were disappointed that there was no spinach salad with the bacon dressing. Also, my shrimp cocktail was not to good because the shrimp were rubbery and tasteless. I brought this to the attention of the server and he said he was sorry to hear it but did nothing about it. All this is unusual for Sullivans. Our previous visits were always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- another great sullies!ortleyitesDined on 8/6/2014This is our third Sullivan and 4th time. This one like the others was fantastic. All are a bit pricey, but, you get what you pay for. A don't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Night!MarkDined on 8/5/2014I have been to Sullivan's numerous times for team dinners, board of director dinners and date nights. The food and staff never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Rated ChainGustavasDined on 8/1/2014Friday night dinner reservation for two. Valet parking. Greeted, seated promptly and then ignored. Waitress greeted us briefly, took drink order. Waited 15 minutes for drinks. Water poured the wait again. Four courses finally ordered with first being lobster bisque. Hot bread not delivered until asked for twice. Ironically "two" plates of hot bread delivered just as bisque was finished. Then a rushed pace and very poor pacing of courses. Second and third courses delivered on top of each other with no mercy. Plates from finished first course not cleared even after second course placed. Entire experience felt hurried and indifferent. Food quality (filet & half lobster) only average in preparation, quality and presentation.
- barrister1Dined on 8/1/2014Sullivan's is a classic American steakhouse. The ambience is typical -- and good. Live jazz on Friday and Saturday nights add to the mix. The main product, steaks are excellent as are the usual sides. Sullivan's , unlike Del Frisco's or Mortens tends to deliver normal size rather than huge portions both in the steaks and sides. This reflects itself in the price which is moderately less than those other two. Mid range wine list is certainly decent , but will not blow anyone away. Definitely recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.