Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
1928 South Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7043358228x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:30pm- 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Walters
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sullivan's provides many options for your private dining needs with accommodations from 10 to 250 guests. We offer pre-set lunch menus from $25-$39 per person, featuring soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Our dinner menus offer many choices including Filet Mignon, Bone-In Kansas City Strip, and Chilean Sea Bass. Our pre-set dinner menus range from $53-$79 per person. We also offer a full appetizer menu for cocktail parties and networking events.
For more information please contact Natasha DeMaio: (704) 335-8228.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Six Nights A Week!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Southend ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)romantic (97)notable wine list (71)good for groups (62)fit for foodies (47)vibrant bar scene (38)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (19)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (10)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Sullivan class actFunDiningDined on 8/30/2014Service and food was great. From hostess, to waiter, to manager-- very personable which made our anniversary even more memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with Sullivan'salanDined on 8/29/2014We have never been disappointed with Sullivan's. The service is excellent. This time the waitress was training a new person and we received better than excellent service. Food is always outstanding -- I don't know how they get a filet that tender and prepared just the way you ordered it. We each ordered the $39 special which includes appetizer, salad, and entrée. Great value! The only thing I could complain about is they did not put bacon bits on my lettuce wedge, but the blue cheese made up for it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014The only thing missing the day I went was a selection of crab cakes.... i love Sullivan's crab cakes!!! But the Long Island Ice Tea was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMizbu01VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have always enjoyed Sullivan's in the past, the service and Happy Hour is normally pleasant. However, the last few times that I have dined there have not been great. We had a late dinner this time, we felt rushed and the food portions were small despite everything being a la carte. I was not impressed with the steak or lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!!DBH1974Dined on 8/28/2014I chose to celebrate my birthday at Sullivan's because I had eaten there before and it was delicious. Sullivan's is the best steak house in Charlotte!! The food was delicious!! The portions are huge!! And the staff at Sullivan's does a great job from the moment you walk in the door!! I had a great 40th birthday with my brother (who flew down from Connecticut!) and my good friend. I will definitely be back!! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Service friendly and accommodating but poor follow thru Steak had to be returned to kitchen for further cooking initial order not even close to was ordered Ordered medium received rare Dessert soufflé was not even cooked Brown on top runny and soup like interior Took forever to get even tough we pre ordered Had to ask waiter if they stl featured soufflés because he failed to mention I think he forgot to put order in Than rushed to get it out We were the only party in rest at 5:15 pm So there're should be no excuse for the poor performance Never again Sorry
- 14 Year Wedding AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went to Sullivan's to celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary. When searching for the perfect location for a memorable dinner we found Sullivan's and thought why not! I immediately booked dinner reservations and told them exactly what I wanted on the table before we arrived and it was just the way I requested it! We were taken away by the amazing ambiance and romantic setting of the restaurant. Their food was some of the best food that we have ever had! We have lived in Europe and traveled all over the world so we are not strangers to great cuisine. I highly recommend this restaurant to any couple that wants to have the perfect romantic experience while indulging in an outstanding meal. Two thumbs up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go here when canCraigDined on 8/23/2014If I am to drive to Charlotte to eat, Sullivans is always my first choice. Food and service were excellent as usual. Children leaving for college and we had a table for 10 as a going away. Will certainly do again. Also, I do not hear well, and have no problems hearing here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfiedluv2eatsteakDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I both always choose Sullivan's for any special occasion. We have never had a bad meal or poor service. We tried several other steak houses (Ruth Chris and Morton's) and were very disappointed with the quality all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinganniversaryDined on 8/22/2014From the moment that we walked in the door our experience was amazing. It was our 33rd wedding anniversary and everyone there made us feel special. The food was delicious ,cook exactly like we ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dudley JonesDudleyDined on 8/21/2014My favourite restaurant in USA, it never dissapoints !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014our group of 7 enjoyed their meals and the service was attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversaryDeekDined on 8/19/2014We went for the lobster trio, but got a number of excellent surprises in addition, we had an exceptional meal and a great timeSpecial Features:
- A real treat!luckydogDined on 8/17/2014We went for our 36th anniversary and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They took our picture and signed the photo and even brought us complimentary champaigne to toast our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilDined on 8/17/2014Great service. My guest enjoyed the food and the attendant was very helpful with the food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan's was outstanding!Thankful2014Dined on 8/16/2014Summer Fling special was delicious! The staff was attentive. The wine recommendation was excellent. They handled my celiac disease extremely well. Our family of five loved celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary there! We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My steak was great; my wife's lobster was undercooked--probably she should have sent it back. All the sides, etc., were good. Very pretty inside; music annoying--too "rocky" and too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomaticMommyX2Dined on 8/16/2014I truly enjoyed Sullivan's. My wife and I went there for our anniversary. Everyone was extremely nice and the waiter was great. At the end of our evening, a hostess came by to take our picture. A few minutes later she returned with our picture and it had been signed by everyone. We will make this our new yearly anniversary outing.Special Features:
- Memorable EveningEllieDined on 8/9/2014This was a birthday dinner for my lady. We were greeted with smiles which made us feel very comfortable. Out waiter, Will, was the greatest. He was there when we needed him, his recommendations were spot on and he was fun and extremely helpful. The food was outstanding. We had the boned in filet and it was a real treat. They provided us without charge a 25 year old scotch as a birthday treat. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and enjoyed every minute of our dinning experience. On our favorite list and highly recommend. Easy to get to and parking was abundant. Sullivan's has a sophisticated charm with a comfortable feeling. Great combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'sMikeDined on 8/9/2014Service was outstanding and the food was great! Good find!Special Features:
- Overall fantasticNiceDined on 8/8/2014Lobster bisque was highlight of the evening as well as dessert. Fast. Steak was salty and one note with nothing added to it. Disappointed there was only one Riesling by the glass on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for dinnerRSDgroupDined on 8/7/2014My family loves Sullivans. You always have the best food. But on this last visit we were disappointed that there was no spinach salad with the bacon dressing. Also, my shrimp cocktail was not to good because the shrimp were rubbery and tasteless. I brought this to the attention of the server and he said he was sorry to hear it but did nothing about it. All this is unusual for Sullivans. Our previous visits were always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- another great sullies!ortleyitesDined on 8/6/2014This is our third Sullivan and 4th time. This one like the others was fantastic. All are a bit pricey, but, you get what you pay for. A don't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Night!MarkDined on 8/5/2014I have been to Sullivan's numerous times for team dinners, board of director dinners and date nights. The food and staff never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Rated ChainGustavasDined on 8/1/2014Friday night dinner reservation for two. Valet parking. Greeted, seated promptly and then ignored. Waitress greeted us briefly, took drink order. Waited 15 minutes for drinks. Water poured the wait again. Four courses finally ordered with first being lobster bisque. Hot bread not delivered until asked for twice. Ironically "two" plates of hot bread delivered just as bisque was finished. Then a rushed pace and very poor pacing of courses. Second and third courses delivered on top of each other with no mercy. Plates from finished first course not cleared even after second course placed. Entire experience felt hurried and indifferent. Food quality (filet & half lobster) only average in preparation, quality and presentation.
- barrister1Dined on 8/1/2014Sullivan's is a classic American steakhouse. The ambience is typical -- and good. Live jazz on Friday and Saturday nights add to the mix. The main product, steaks are excellent as are the usual sides. Sullivan's , unlike Del Frisco's or Mortens tends to deliver normal size rather than huge portions both in the steaks and sides. This reflects itself in the price which is moderately less than those other two. Mid range wine list is certainly decent , but will not blow anyone away. Definitely recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Tradition!MuddersDined on 8/1/2014By far our favorite restaurant - always our choice to celebrate our anniversary! The quality of food, service and atmosphere is always top notch! Never leave disappointed!Special Features:
- Great Place for groups & couplesNICEDined on 7/29/2014Food Was great, wine was awesome and service was outstanding, will return again!Special Features:
- First Time VisitNiceNasTDined on 7/27/2014I was impressed with the quick service received. The server was very attentive and the food was EXCEPTIONAL! The steak was the most tender I have had in a long time. I am looking forward to the next dining experience.Special Features:
- StereotypeDisappointedDined on 7/27/2014I took my daughter out for dinner during restaurant week. The waiter obviously made assumptions about us. He immediately removed the wine glasses without asking if we wanted wine ( I ordered wine). He did not go over the evening specials, we ordered from the regular menu. When another member of the wait staff engaged us in a brief conversation, he asked her why she was talking to us. Granted I called her over because she seemed so approachable. I noticed how others waiters were interacting with their patrons and it was a distinct difference. I left him a tip not because of the level of service but because his lack of service and attitude indicated he thought I was not going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation uselessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I used open table for reservations. I arrived at the hostesses table on time, and still waited for 15 minutes or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backluv2eatDined on 7/26/2014Sullivan's is a top rated restaurant and owned by the same company as Del Frisco's. Del Frisco's was great; Sullivan's was awful. The filet was so overcooked, we had to send it back; my New York Strip was tough and both had so much pepper they were barely palatable. The cheesecake tasted like frozen supermarket fare. While the service there is supposed to be outstanding, they brought the steaks without steak knives. Can you imagine a top tier restaurant serving steak without steak knives? I had to use the bread cutting knife. Our friend cut his filet with a butter knife, since that's all he had. We had asked the waiter for separate checks, so of course the bill arrived on one check. Needless to say, they won't be seeing us again.
- Yumcooper16Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Sullivan's on a couples date. Everyone loved what they ate. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Charlotte mustOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Sullivan's is hands down, the best steakhouse we have ever been to. The atmosphere is wonderful for fine dinning & special occasion dinners. When it is not Restaurant Week the volume is perfect. The food is amazing & if you wish to have a sauce on your steak, we have not tried a bad one yet but don't worry. The steaks are amazing without the sauce & not lost in the sauce if you have one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next time, "Get the steak!"LessaDined on 7/26/2014I got the salmon and it was overcooked (too well done) and a little on the dry side inside. But!- it was still tasty and delicious. I would love for there to be brighter or more lighting overhead. The dimness is such that reading menus make the eyes strain a bit more than normal. Service was good too. Some might think the service is a bit overdone but in my own opinion, better it be attentive than not. I enjoy coming to Sullivan's and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Very satisfying experienceCC76Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner so much on Saturday evening. Our waiter, I believe his name was Richard, did an excellent job. He was friendly, polite, checked in just the right number of times, and made sure everything was perfect. I loved the kale salad and my husband's sliced NY Strip was amazing - so flavorful and tender. Of course, we topped it off with the chocolate mousse, a dessert that I appreciate, since I am allergic to gluten and can rarely have dessert out. I look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Everything was great. It was loud and a little slow, but it was Queens Feast week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMMFMDined on 7/25/2014Our entire meal, from cocktails to dessert, and everything in between was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dining experience.LoveSteaksDined on 7/24/2014We arrived for our reservation an hour early because my wife's flight landed at Charlotte Douglas early. The hostess was friendly and able to seat us immediately. The waitstaff was attentive but not intrusive, friendly but not overly "chatty". The food was very good, steaks cooked to our specifications, and the shrimp and lobster bisque was quite nice. We left the restaurant at about the time the dining room was really filling up, and it was going to get a little lively, but not excessively so. Valet parking was complementary, and they had an umbrella to walk my wife to the door because of a very light drizzle, and that was a very nice touch. We would definitely eat there again, and I have recommended Sullivan's to several friends.Special Features:
- Top notch food!KelbelDined on 7/24/2014The food was incredible. I was extremely impressed. The drinks were great as well and they did not rush us through dinner like many restaurants do. The server was not the best but everyone else who worked there was extremely friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.