Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
1928 South Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7043358228x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:30pm- 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Walters
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sullivan's provides many options for your private dining needs with accommodations from 10 to 250 guests. We offer pre-set lunch menus from $25-$39 per person, featuring soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Our dinner menus offer many choices including Filet Mignon, Bone-In Kansas City Strip, and Chilean Sea Bass. Our pre-set dinner menus range from $53-$79 per person. We also offer a full appetizer menu for cocktail parties and networking events.
For more information please contact Natasha DeMaio: (704) 335-8228.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Six Nights A Week!
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Southend ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)romantic (94)good for groups (76)notable wine list (76)fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (24)great for lunch (21)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Debbie5500Debbie5500Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great tasting 8 0z. filet with bernaise on the side no other words but delicious, I usually never finish but here I cannot resist. I shared a side of shaved brussel sprouts awesome tasting with bacon. My friend ordered the chicken with balsamic and enjoyed that also. We shared a nice super tuscan wine at a reasonable price $45. Overall a very nice night out with great conversation and food to match.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceMarkBDined on 10/23/2014Great steaks and wine. Every item was top notch from the calamari to the sides and the Filet Mignon was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivans Steakhouse-CharlotteSteeleDined on 10/20/2014Sullivans Steakhouse is always at the top of my list for entertaining out of town guest. Service is key so everyone is comfortable and can enjoy the meal, drinks, and they make sure you never have to ask for refills. Their steaks are always spot on !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementTravelerDined on 10/19/2014Dinner for 4 on a relatively quiet Sunday night at the prior-reliable Sullivan's seemed like a low risk. In actuality, I left with the thought that there is room for improvement. It still has the right feel, but service and food could have been better.Special Features:
- Good food , Quiet placeDRG1Dined on 10/18/2014You do get what you pay for at Sullivan's. It is expensive, but the food lives up to price tag. Been here twice and every item we had on the menu has been top notch. The added bonus is that it is also a small enough and quiet enough place to have a conversation with whoever you are going to eat with, and you are not in some giant establishment that could make you feel like you get lost in the shuffle. The staff was also very friendly, helpful and attentive on both occasions. If you are willing to spend the money, Sullivan's will not disappoint you.Special Features:
- Hands down!LuvagoodsteakDined on 10/17/2014Sullivan's serves the best steak I have ever eaten! Hands down! Aside from the great food. The service and the overall vibe has been wonderful each time we have been!Special Features:
- Great food...AfnerDined on 10/17/2014the food was really good, and as picky as I am for meat, the steak (medium rare) satisfied all my cravings, the goat cheese and red wine topping for it was off the chain. Pumpkin/squash soup was incredible, with the toasted seeds of the same pumpkin as garnish which I really like. Overall great place, my only concern is that music was a little bit too loud for a relaxing dining experience, but I guess it all depends in what your occasion is.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealDrMemmieDined on 10/17/2014The food and service were excellent. Enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysNyc2cltDined on 10/11/2014I never have had a bad experience with Sullivan's, it's always so delicious and friendly. The manager was great!! He was so nice and came over to speak with us for a bit about everything from sports, to travel, dinning and more! Being a social couple, we really enjoyed and admired that! Their drinks are so good, the service is fast! Best calamari ever! I ordered the roasted chicken, which I've ordered in the past, and it is so good! However this time around, it was a little dry and overlooked, but flavor was amazing. I'm definitely going to try the lamb on my next visit!! This place is one of my faves, you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Too Noisy for Mebest12driverDined on 10/10/2014I was hoping for a elegant, quiet, romantic dining experience - with excellent food. The food and the service were excellent. The only disappointment - for me - was the noise level. I felt the music was too loud - which made all the conversations louder than necessary. The total experience wasn't bad - just not what I wanted for a 38th wedding anniversary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining here.DrellDined on 10/2/2014Waiter was excellent very accommodating and friendly, attended to our every need, It's always my first choice to dine at Sullivan's with that special someone.Special Features:
- Good foodMeghan93Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good however I aksked for my steak to be cooked Medium and it was medium rare to rare. It was still good however I didn't eat about 4 pieces of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeichoosegDined on 9/27/2014I special requested a dessert that was simply delicious. It was also my husband's birthday & they put candles on his dessert & also made a picture. The food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a splendid dinnerLuv2splurgeDined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and my husband's first time there. He really enjoyed his dinner and I am so glad. I have been a diner there before with clients. I am certain we will back together it was such a great evening. Highly recommend the bananas foster bread pudding worth every calorie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was awful and the steak was dry. I would have expected a little more taste and moisture in my food and more knowledge about items on menu.If I was dinning at tgif I would say that things was fine, but with the amount of MONEY the I spent here things should have been 100 percent better.Cost plus service plus knowledge. I would never suggests this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014We had excellent, seamless service and delicious food on a recent evening at Sullivan's for a birthday and anniversary celebration. We were especially appreciative that they accommodated our request of being out of the way since we had a young infant with us. Thank you for helping make our night special, Sullivan's! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!MikeDined on 9/23/2014Once again Sullivan's hits the mark! The service was outstanding, even to the point of remembering a dish we had previously that was no longer on the menu. We asked the waiter if it was possible to provide the dish, and the chef agreed. The food was delicious, and the wine was top notch. I always have a great experience at Sullivan's and highly recommend it for either a business dinner or special occassion, and of course for a wonderful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the prices.MinnMaxDined on 9/22/2014A "good" steakhouse charging "great" steakhouse prices. Nowhere near the standard of national chains like Capital Grille and Mastro's. Sullivan's also doesn't have a compelling local history to make it an interesting dining experience. Extremely inattentive service the last 2 times I've brought clients to dine here. Cold steaks that weren't served to all guests simultaneously. If you must have steak, stick with a chain when in Charlotte.
- Over pricedStaceyDined on 9/20/2014Good food but it is way overpriced. Apparently only the rich can afford to eat here. Very demeaning to those who arentSpecial Features:
- Overall Good...TamaraDined on 9/19/2014I've heard so much about Sullivan's. So, for my boyfriend's birthday, we decided to make reservations. We did not have to wait to be seated. The atmosphere was good. I was excited because I've heard so many positive comments about the food. We had the calamari and steak egg rolls for appetizers. They were good. The wedge lettuce was decent but I've had better. It was nothing special. We ordered the Salmon and Steak. The steak was overcook but seasoned well. The salmon was dry, could have used some kind of sauce. Since it was my boyfriend's birthday, we got a free dessert and a picture to take home; a very nice touch. My first visit wasn't what I was expecting. I felt like I was let down because of all the rave reviews I've heard about.Special Features:
- Sullivan's-Five Star PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Our first time finding this gem in the Southend District provided a phenomenal dining experience. They met and exceeded my every expectation - from the set up of a bottle of Presecco to the fresh sourdough loaf and whipped butter, to adding a single rose to our special date night, the food and service is exceptional. Our waiter, Richard, took every opportunity to make our night special. And the food - outstanding. The lobster bisque was chock full of lobster and shrimp and offered with a well prepared Cesear salad...then the trio filet Mignon topped with three distinct sauces shared with a large double sized lobster tail and grilled asparagus was prepared and cooked to perfection. This restaurant is now on our short list as a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedcharlotteresidentDined on 9/18/2014The food and service was great! The wine list is excellent. They also serve my husband's favorite whisky, which you don't find most places.Special Features:
- Not so GreatmaddyforfoodDined on 9/16/2014I had a business lunch at Sullivan's with two others and it was just OK. It use to be a lot better We sat in the bar at a great table off to the side, good for a meeting. But the food and the service was ok at best. We wont hurry back.This was the second time I have had a not so good experience.Special Features:
- September 14sullivans1steaksDined on 9/14/2014We usually like to go to Sullivans and will 4 or 5 times a year. However, this occasion we had a bad experience on a Sunday night. Not for sure what happened on this night if the staff forgot to show up or wanted to stay home. Onion rings were not good and very chewy. The mgr took this off the tab since they were so bad. All of our side items were not good at all. Mushrooms had butter adhered to the outside, baked potato was cold and mashed potatoes were not even edible. The only descent part of the meal was the steak and salad
- Disappointment of a $200 mealbrucerDined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed. We heard it was such a great restaurant but we could have the same quality of food for less than 1/2 the price. My wife's salad was drenched in dressing and they served her steak with the wrong sauce.
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014great service without being intrusive, excellent food and experienceSpecial Features:
- Great service and Ambience - FOOD!food2celebrateDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant was picked by an employee for his special anniversary celebration. The staff, food - entire night was exactly what we had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and Delicious!LKN0608Dined on 9/9/2014Sullivan's, while a steakhouse chain, operates with a personal touch attitude, has a very well trained and personable waitstaff, offers both the a la carte and prix fix menus, and delivers service that is, while expected, greatly appreciated. Highly recommend this location. Food was perfect, waitstaff and attention to detail superb.Special Features:
- Great food and service; freneticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014I took my husband to Sullivan's for his birthday. We had a great table, the food was outstanding and the service was just the right amount of attention. The noise level, however, was distracting, and the servers were all running around constantly--the environment was very frenetic. It's a great place if you don't mind the noise and constant activity.Special Features:
- The Creme De La CremelovedtheexperienceDined on 9/6/2014Simply an outstanding meal, unbeatable service, and special birthday treat. We have been to many higher end restaurants and can attest to the fact that overall, it does get any better than our occasion and meal at Sullivan's in Charlotte. Thank you.Special Features:
- OverratedDined on 9/6/2014Moved here fom NJ about 7 years ago. After working in NY for 25 years, and being familiar with all the best eateries, finally a comparable restaurant to ones in the City.Special Features:
- Great EveningKitcatDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our recent dinner celebrating an anniversary. Most of us in our party of six ordered off of the $42 Prix Fixe menu. We especially liked the jumbo shrimp cocktail, lettuce wedge, shrimp & lobster bisque and the delicious filet mignon. Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidSPgoodDined on 9/5/2014Solid food with outstanding service Made my daughter's birthday very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan class actFunDiningDined on 8/30/2014Service and food was great. From hostess, to waiter, to manager-- very personable which made our anniversary even more memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with Sullivan'salanDined on 8/29/2014We have never been disappointed with Sullivan's. The service is excellent. This time the waitress was training a new person and we received better than excellent service. Food is always outstanding -- I don't know how they get a filet that tender and prepared just the way you ordered it. We each ordered the $39 special which includes appetizer, salad, and entrée. Great value! The only thing I could complain about is they did not put bacon bits on my lettuce wedge, but the blue cheese made up for it.Special Features:
- 082914Dined on 8/29/2014The only thing missing the day I went was a selection of crab cakes.... i love Sullivan's crab cakes!!! But the Long Island Ice Tea was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMizbu01VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have always enjoyed Sullivan's in the past, the service and Happy Hour is normally pleasant. However, the last few times that I have dined there have not been great. We had a late dinner this time, we felt rushed and the food portions were small despite everything being a la carte. I was not impressed with the steak or lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!!DBH1974Dined on 8/28/2014I chose to celebrate my birthday at Sullivan's because I had eaten there before and it was delicious. Sullivan's is the best steak house in Charlotte!! The food was delicious!! The portions are huge!! And the staff at Sullivan's does a great job from the moment you walk in the door!! I had a great 40th birthday with my brother (who flew down from Connecticut!) and my good friend. I will definitely be back!! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Service friendly and accommodating but poor follow thru Steak had to be returned to kitchen for further cooking initial order not even close to was ordered Ordered medium received rare Dessert soufflé was not even cooked Brown on top runny and soup like interior Took forever to get even tough we pre ordered Had to ask waiter if they stl featured soufflés because he failed to mention I think he forgot to put order in Than rushed to get it out We were the only party in rest at 5:15 pm So there're should be no excuse for the poor performance Never again Sorry
- 14 Year Wedding AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went to Sullivan's to celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary. When searching for the perfect location for a memorable dinner we found Sullivan's and thought why not! I immediately booked dinner reservations and told them exactly what I wanted on the table before we arrived and it was just the way I requested it! We were taken away by the amazing ambiance and romantic setting of the restaurant. Their food was some of the best food that we have ever had! We have lived in Europe and traveled all over the world so we are not strangers to great cuisine. I highly recommend this restaurant to any couple that wants to have the perfect romantic experience while indulging in an outstanding meal. Two thumbs up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.