Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge
5252 Corporate Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2259251161x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in our bar everyday Monday-Sat 6pm to 10pm
Ringside Offers live Bands Thursday through Saturday 9:30pm till 1:30am
- Special Events:
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (48)notable wine list (39)good for groups (31)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (17)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Family Night OutPickyEaterDined on 10/18/2014When our daughters are in town we give them the choice of where to eat out, most of the time they choose Sullivan's because we always enjoy the food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was awesome and one of the first meals in Baton Rouge where we were not rushed to complete are meal. We lingered over a four hour dinner and enjoyed the food and service. Definitely would recommend for special occasions and romantic outings.Special Features:
- 12thanniversaryDined on 10/11/2014The service was amazing. Me and my wife went there for our 12th anniversary. Everyone was aware it was our anniversary and they made it very specialSpecial Features:
- The best in townElderVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great food. Great wine. Great service. Everything you'd expect from a premium restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesitilianDined on 9/19/2014Food was ok. Service was very slow. Took 45 minutes to get my salad. Then took 20 minutes to get dessert and another 30 min for server to bring bill the. 20 minutes to return and pick it up. What should gave been a 1-2 hour dinner was 3.5! Too long for this customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a Do-Again for us.MrsHDined on 9/13/2014Everything was amazing. Sommelier, Marty, was a perfect addition to our dinning experience and we went with his suggestion to compliment our meal. Thank you Marty for your knowledgeable expertise and friendly open manner.Special Features:
- DisappointingnolapgaDined on 9/13/2014I have been to this restaurant many times in the past, but it has been approximately 2 years since my last visit. We arrived to the restaurant at 8:19 on Saturday night. The hostesses seemed like they didn't want to be there due to the LSU game. They sat my fiance and myself down with menus unopened and walked off without telling us who our server was going to be. The restaurant was 1/4 full at this point and we had no acknowledgement that we were seated. We waited a good ten minutes for someone to greet us and no one ever did. We were looking around and saw a group of employees standing in the service station by the kitchen, and they would look back at us then just walk off. So we got up and left.
- First Time VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food and staff. It was my first time there and it was just a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sullivan'sHungryHillResidentsDined on 9/12/2014We dinned at Sullivan's for our 45th wedding anniversary, which was also my husband's 65th birthday. It was our first dining experience at Sullivan's and we were not disappointed. The service was wonderful, especially Sam our waitress. The food was wonderful and the wait was short. We enjoyed the special attention we received on our special night and were surprised with a photo! Our second visit, on Sept 12th lived up to our expectations. Food was wonderful as was the service. We are looking forward to dining at Sullivan's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Baton RougeLMRONEVIPDined on 9/11/2014A steakhouse is not usually what you consider to be the "best" restaurant in a town. But, after trying virtually all of top rated restaurants in Baton Rouge while visiting over the past six months, we conclude that Sullivan's is the go-to choice. Excellent wine list, consistent execution by the kitchen, high quality food, and a staff thoroughly trained by GM, Leo Verde. We hosted two family events for 20 people in the private dining room which were very well executed and we finished our stay with a going away dinner for three in the main dining room. Simply the best place we visited.Special Features:
- No. 1 place for a great evening.ElderVIPDined on 9/11/2014Absolutely the best steaks on town exceeded only by the exquisite service and attention to detail on the part of everyone working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great steakkouseOverture63Dined on 9/10/2014Sullivan's exceeded all of my expectations for service, ambiance, and the food. Highly recommended for above average dining!Special Features:
- Phenomenal!morethansatisfiedDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful experience celebrating my daughter's 14th birthday. Everyone made her feel very special!Special Features:
- Special event for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014We were not rushed and had a leisurely cocktail before ordering. The wine was specially good and the food, all four entrees, were very good. A nice memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!!romanticDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I came for our Anniversary. We recieved the star treatment. The service, staff, and food were out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was Excellentmiller10Dined on 8/29/2014Food was Amazing but service not so great........ Atmosphere was perfect and food was delicious. Our waiter seemed to forget about our table. I think we seen him maybe twice during the entire night. When he came to put butter, sour cream etc on our potato he came with an empty tray and the little bit of butter he had left in it he slung it on the floor. IF we return we will request NOT to have this guy as our server.Special Features:
- Birthday treatRickDined on 8/27/2014We were anticipated. We were coddled and very well attended. Great overall experience. Thank you Sullivan's!Special Features:
- Fine diningFinley75Dined on 8/23/2014I had my Australian family in town and they wanted a really good steak, so Sullivan's is always the best choice for a steak in a fine dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new spot!!!thenewspotDined on 8/16/2014We have decided to make Sullivans our new spot for special occasions and the "must take" restaurant for our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JordanPaigeDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at Sullivan's!! We were celebrating our anniversary and my birthday! It was a great experience!! We will definitely be back!! The food and service were both fantastic!!Special Features:
- Meat loversWinstonDined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere and the service was excellent. The steaks are great but the desert and sides where just so so. And the lobster was under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor ambienceDisappointedDined on 8/16/2014Over-priced to sit 1.5 foot from next table. This was booked for a special occassion and didn't have any privacy.Special Features:
- 50 and countingoverthehillgangDined on 8/16/2014It was my 50th birthday we had a great time. The dining experiment was perfect for my occasion. Had a great time thanks Sullivan's staff.Special Features:
- Great meal before the show!Soul2SoulDined on 8/10/2014Stopped by for dinner and really enjoyed the meal and service. Portion was plentiful, tasty and we'll seasoned but not over done. Definitely on my repeat list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CajunBJDined on 8/9/2014The price fixe was a good value. We received our 1st and 2nd courses promptly and enjoyed them. We had to wait a long time for our steaks and then the order was switched which we straightened out between us. My husband's steak was medium well instead of the medium I ordered, and I was enjoying his medium rare. Our waitress was friendly and offered to send her manager over which we declined. The restaurant was very busy! All in all we enjoyed our meal and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoldengirlDined on 8/1/2014We had the ribeye and anew York strip , Both were exceptional! Great dinner place!Special Features:
- Doc JHLuvsteakDined on 7/31/2014Great overall experience. My personal favorite. Specifically regarding food quality, consistency and service Sullivan's is great all around. Amazing bone in ribeye. Just being honest, RC steak house is not even close. RC is not bad but far from Sullivan's BR. In fact, if I am spending my money, Sullivan's gets my vote hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 7/31/2014Always a great place to relax with friends/colleagues and enjoy great food!Special Features:
- Great Experience!FPaulBDined on 7/29/2014This was my first time dining at Sullivan's. It was a very good experience. The food was delicious and our waiter, Jerome, was outstanding! The only complaint I had was it was extremely noisy in the restaurant. Not from the staff but from other patrons. This was unexpected as it was a Tuesday night and there were no special events in town. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a steakhouseBillinBRDined on 7/26/2014Sullivan's always provides more than a great steakhouse. Great shrimp appetizer, the best sea bass and great attentive service. And the summer pre fixe is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysCabernetFlashVIPDined on 7/25/2014Ate there for the hundredth time. As always great! Leo runs a special restaurant and new wine guy Marty is special. Highly recommend. Long bone dry aged rib-eye is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerBayouPoker26Dined on 7/22/2014Service was excellent. Seated promptly. Waitress was polite and very helpful. Food cooked as requested and delivered on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy dinner here. Service and food is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Great food and the staff was outstanding! We were visited by the manager, Leo, and assistant Kyle. Plus, at least 5 different members of the wait staff came to our table. It was a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star dining!CchenDined on 7/18/2014The food was so rich and flavorful! The servers were attentive and very friendly. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impecable!LuvdatenightsDined on 7/5/2014Went for my Birthday for the 1st time. From the manager to the kitchen staff to the waiters and waitresses, everyone that came to our table wished me a happy birthday. The suble sparklers and complimentary picture was definitely a surprise. Steaks melted in our mouth and crème brulee was superb. And 2 days later, handwritten thank you cards from our waitress was another shocker. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejs1Dined on 7/5/2014Sullivan's is a very good restaurant, not a great restaurant. Steak was good, not great. Need to learn to season meat without so much salt and pepper. House salad was below average. Free birthday dessert was a plus. Biggest negative was the informal dress code. Men were wearing shorts and T-shirts (on Saturday Night) which is totally inappropriate for an upscale restaurant. Will try Flemings to see if they do a better overall job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great steak house.dnezatDined on 7/2/2014They succeed in cooking steaks and anything else. A great place in Baton Rouge to find bone in filet an bone in aged ribeyes. This one rare find cooked to perfection. Thanks SullivansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valuesullysno1Dined on 6/28/2014My wife & I celebrated our 41st anniversary at Sullivan's for dinner. We took advantage of the $39 " Sizzling Summer Value" deal and were very pleased with it. Our food was exceptional, and our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. We, along with the other couple that accommodated us, were very satisfied with our food, well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHawkDined on 6/26/2014Outstanding from the time we walked in until the time we left. Great service,drink,food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 599 reviews are from the Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge reviews archive.