Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin
300 Colorado Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5124956504x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm
Mon-Fri 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Long
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a business lunch, sit-down dinner, or a reception-style party, Sullivan's has many private dining rooms options to suit your needs. For more information, contact: Amy Harding ~
512-474-1862 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 7 nights a week.
Swingin at Sully's Thursday and Sunday - $6.00 Bar Menu, $6.00 Specialty Martini's and Wine.
This is Austin's number one place to see and be seen.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (32)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DisappointingMaggieDined on 8/31/2014We had an obviously new server, dripped wine all over our table at the outset after opening the bottle- so tablecloth was a mess and was left that way. Bisque was good, steaks and accompanying sauces we're very salty, so sent most of our meal back uneaten. No ambiance in the restaurant. We had booked to celebrate husband's birthday, they did bring my husband a dessert and birthday card. Don't recommend this for anyone who is looking for fine dining steak restaurant.
- first time guestnuubeeDined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend and i came here thanks to my bosses. Made reservations online quick and easy. Table was ready when we got there and the waiter knew it was our first time thanks to my notes made during online reservation. Good to know they reallt look at those notes. The food was great menu was amazing and drinks were beyond tastey. Our waiter was new and you could tell but he did an amazing job. Super personable made good recommendations and you could tell he was really working to make this a great night. My filet was perfect and the salmon disappeared off my girlfriends plate. We ordered the bananas foster for desert and also their specialty house coffee. Great end to an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerardDined on 8/29/2014The location is perfect, the sports bar next door, Sully's, is worth checking out, and the service was outstanding. I will return again.Special Features:
- FoodSosoDined on 8/27/2014The salad was good but overloaded with dressing. The potatoes and asparagus were very salty. I like salt on my food but not that much. The filet mignon was excellent as was the bananas foster bread pudding. Coffee was lukewarm but server did brew a new pot. Our waiter was outstanding.
- Great Anniversary DinnerRRdinerDined on 8/26/2014Sullivan's always has great food and is a great destination for a special occasion. The service was top notch and the restaurant is very hospitable from the entry to leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTXMouseDined on 8/24/2014Had a Sunday evening dinner at Sullivan's in celebration of my daughter's birthday. Great menu selections; service was exceptional; and they added the extra touches to make her birthday memorable.Special Features:
- 36th wedding anniversary! ThanksThanks2youDined on 8/19/2014Many thanks to Todd Henderson and server Chris both of whom made our anniversary dinner memorable. The reservation system worked well. Our table was well chosen and well placed. The menu was diverse without too many choices. The prix fixe 3 course dinner was only slightly and comfortably a little too much food. The creme brulee was amazing but twice too large. We had a very wonderful evening of good atmosphere ( not too noisy), good service, and great food. Again many thanks to the manager Todd Henderson and server Chris who were both friendly and personable but not intrusive. We had a great 36th wedding anniversary night! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe at Sullivan'sAustinSailorDined on 8/17/2014On a recent Sunday evening, enjoyed the Prix Fixe special offered at Sullivan's. The three course special had plenty of offerings to satisfy both of us and the portions were large enough to share. Bar staff and wait staff were excellent and professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family DinnerEManDined on 8/17/2014Hal (the Manager) did an excellent job making us feel welcomed and important. The staff was great and very attentive (but not intrusive) - obviously well-trained.Special Features:
- Wonderful StaffCelebrateDiningDined on 8/16/2014The staff really made the evening... at all levels. Wonderful folks. The food was very good, but not great. The steaks were better than the seafood. I would definitely go again for a special occasion. Meals were reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Food-Intolerant-FriendlynewsullygroupieDined on 8/15/2014In addition to top-notch service and an incredible menu, the chef will adjust just about any dish to fit food-intolerances. I, myself, am intolerant to gluten, dairy, and soy but still had a delicious experience. Highly recommend for everyone!Special Features:
- New Sullivan's not for the upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014The new Sullivan's is a failure in terms of maintaining it's upscale clientele. It's more like a bar with a dinning room than a dining room with a bar.The ambiance is gone and there is no privacy in the dining experience so it is more like an eating hall than a restaurant.The service is adequate but not mature and upscale. the place is staffed by kids not adults who have a style or personality of top servers.I was a lobbyist for nearly 35 years and restaurants were my second office and Sullivan's was on my short list---but no more. Fleming's is my new choice.Special Features:
- OK but not badOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014It was definitely not a knock your socks off filet, but they were OK. The appetizer calamari was tough. The soups were excellent. We ordered the special 3 4 OZ filets with different sauces. The were not cooked to order. The sides were excellent. Overall, just an average dinner for the money. The bar was hopping with a great jazz band. If you want to go for drinks and listen to jazz, this is the place.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the experience very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Very nice restaurant and we really enjoyed our dinner. Staff was great, food was really good,a and we liked the atmosphere. Our waitress was wonderful. We will highly recommend it to my friends and co-workers.Special Features:
- SullysCfboDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding service, high prices Average food. Compared to Ruth Chris or Eddie V's It is a distant second Not sure that we will go backSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Private Dining ExperienceTomSJVIPDined on 7/25/2014Came here and got a private room for a Bachelor Party. Setting up the reservation was easy, and when we got there, we had a great time. The room was awesome, the food was delicious, and the service was fantastic, too - I swear that throughout our 90 minutes there, we saw like ten different wait staff and the manager help show us a good time while we were there.Special Features:
- UT visiteatsoutDined on 7/25/2014Another steakhouse chain - food was good - great heirloom salad. Steaks were good not great. I had the bone in kansas city strip. Way better at Smith and Wollenskys. Service however was impeccable and all the staff friendly and cheerful.Special Features:
- 25th Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Sullivan's certainly made our dinner special. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were pampered like visiting dignitaries. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate our every need. Janessa, Sullivan's Sommelier, helped us select appropriate wines to compliment our food and was so helpful with sampling of several different varietals to make sure we were pleased. Eileen, took care of our table and was so professional, and attentive, that we did not want to leave. In fact we spent a pleasant hour and a half in the restaurant with out feeling rushed. Eileen brought each course in a relaxed fashion so that we could enjoy ourselves without feeling like the table needed to be turned for the next party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- such good food...service is poorBigtexashairDined on 7/18/2014The food was fantastic, but the wait staff couldn't be bothered to check up on us. food was delivered and they disappeared and did not reappear for 30 minutes. there were five tables filled and 25 staff roaming around, really ruined the experience.Special Features:
- Remodeled... Great serviceKZRodDined on 7/9/2014Sullivan's has remodeled so nice that it's new.... Feels modern, felt warmer before but still wonderful! Service was great and the lunch menu is perfect. Will be there again today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ANNIVERSARY EVER!!!bobandmarDined on 7/7/2014OMG We are so glad we picked Sullivan"s to celebrate our 40th Anniversary, could not have picked a better place!! The waiter that we had was wonderful, took really good care of us. The place is beautiful!! The food was out of this world, our ribeye's were cooked to perfection!! The manager came by several times and asked us if we needed anything and if everything was ok, which we really appreciated. We even got free desserts to celebrate our anniversary. Thank you so much to everyone at Sullivan"s for making a great evening for us! We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014My sons ages 16 and 17 had never before had a NY Strip, they so thoroughly enjoyed their NY Strips from Sullivan's I have not stopped hearing about it for 3 daysSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodNotAFoodieDined on 6/28/2014We've probably been to Sullivan's in Austin about fifteen times over the course of the last few years. Their overall food is good, and some items are very good - try the Philly Cheesesteak egg rolls, and take a good look at the cocktail list. Service is typically very good, with attentive and knowledgeable staff. Note that they tend to undercook their steaks slightly, so you might consider that when ordering. Overall a consistently good dining experience, and one of the best places we've found for steak in Austin.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top serviceshoebuddyDined on 6/28/2014I haven't been to Sullivans in a couple years. Not sure the remodel was an upgrade but I am sure the service is the best in Austin!! Food matches as well. The staff was very friendly and made sure we had a great evening. I will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner on 06-28-14PaulMcDined on 6/28/2014We went early, about 5:00 p.m., so the restaurant was very quiet. The hostesses and waitresses were extremely sweet and knowledgeable. We'd go here again in an instant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!dannaperDined on 6/21/2014Service and food simply awesome! I had the Lobster Trio and can't stop thinking about this meal! I highly recommend.Special Features:
- happywithsullivansDined on 6/21/2014Very nice evening celebrating a 60th birthday. Service was excellent and our specific waiter was outstanding. Especially loved the crab cakes. We were there for a relaxing evening and did not feel rushed.Special Features:
- Steakhouse?DaveDined on 6/19/2014For being a part of a very high end group of steakhouses, our party of 4 was not impressed at all. Our server was good. The food was way overpriced and undercooked. We all hadn't been there in years. I hear the hamburgers are good, but you don't come to a 'high end' steakhouse for that it's bad when a national chain beats the flavor, cut and at a third of the price.
- Always goodKeithVIPDined on 6/15/2014I've been going to Sullivan's, for special occasions, for many years and it is always excellent. I hadn't been there since they remodeled (about 6 months ago) but I like the more "open" environment (i.e. they mainly just tore down some walls). I had the 12 oz filet and it was soo lender you could have cut it with a fork. And, of course, seasoned perfectly. I was there on Father's day, and my only concern with the restaurant is that it was not very busy at all. We got there at 5PM, so admittedly a little early, but even when we left at 7PM, there were still plenty of empty tables. This may be good news for some people, since they will not have to worry about getting a reservation and still be able to enjoy an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service & Outstanding foodRoRoATXDined on 6/13/2014One of the Managers, Janessa, made sure our romantic evening was absolutely perfect. Our server was so friendly, the restaurant didn't feel like a stuffy old man's steakhouse. This is now one of my favorite spots for lobster and steaks. As a high end restaurant regular, this is the best food I've had in a long time! The new renovation looks amazing- Mid Century Style!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beeaustinDined on 6/7/2014I went to Sullivan's with my parents to celebrate my graduation. First of all the server talked way to much and would not leave our table alone! I have it give her credit she was nice but she needs to learn how to read the table. My dad is not the type of man that likes a lot of interaction with the wait staff and we were trying to catch up which was made difficult by the waitress that kept barging in on our conversations. It really was very distracting and annoying. Lastly, the food was okay but both my dad and I did not like our steaks because we ordered ours medium rare and they both came out undercooked. I sent mine back and it was better but my dad was so ready to get away from the overly talkative waitress that he didn't bother.Special Features:
- fatherday1Dined on 6/7/2014Food was great. Nice round table for our party of 6. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Only one complaint, the temperature inside the build was a bit too hot. Other than that it was a great resturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay food for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014We had the Salmon. It was just okay for the price. And the their bread was surprisingly bad. I couldn't believe it. They said it was fresh out of the oven, but it was cold, dry and hard.Special Features:
- best visit yetjwolikeshisfoodDined on 5/24/2014Tiffany provided impeccable service. The aged ribye was cooked to perfection. The Ridge 2012 paso robles Zinfandel recommended by the wine e sommeliers (yes plural) complimented the beef nicely. We were visited by at least 7 different employees...they were hitting on all cylinders! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 966 reviews are from the Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin reviews archive.
- ReviewTaxdogDined on 5/20/2014Service was excellent. Manager handled a difficult situation perfectly. Love the franchise and this just kept it on the A list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gem1GutsyldyDined on 5/20/2014Not usually go downtown but wonderful meal. Good wine. Bit more spend for steakhouse but perfect for occasions and can recommend especially wine. Wish waitress little more helpful with that and not know all items menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Lobster special was unique and very tasty. Great raviolis for appetizers ! Deserts tasted wonderful.Special Features:
- Great place!!!JReyDined on 5/16/2014This was the first time I've been to Sullivan's. We sat at a nice, and moderately quiet table so it was easy to chat while the place was packed full. Great food and great service. Will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakKyleDined on 5/16/2014All steaks were cooked well except for my cowboy cut ribeye. It was medium to medium-well when I ordered it medium-rare and I had to send it back for another. They got it out quick but I still had to sit there and wait for another steak while other people ate theirs. Sucks because it was my graduation dinner. They did give me a free shot for graduating. However, but that doesn't make up for the poorly cooked steak. I also didn't like how the cowboy cut ribeye wasn't uniform in thickness like the other steaks. A bit of a disappointment paying so much for that experience.