Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin
300 Colorado Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (512) 495-6504
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm
Mon-Fri 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Long
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a business lunch, sit-down dinner, or a reception-style party, Sullivan's has many private dining rooms options to suit your needs. For more information, contact: Amy Harding ~
512-474-1862 or email@example.com
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 7 nights a week.
Swingin at Sully's Thursday and Sunday - $6.00 Bar Menu, $6.00 Specialty Martini's and Wine.
This is Austin's number one place to see and be seen.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (39)notable wine list (31)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ....not a good dining experience...overpriced!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014waaaay overpriced....there must be a reason for the place being dead...others in the area (trulucks) crowded....i managed a coupla' joints in nyc....this joint would never be on a must see list....i managed maxwells plum..(.owned by the same group that ran" tavern on the green")....owned by warner leroy son of famous producer mervin leroy(produced the wizard of oz)... so i can say with surety the food was NOT top drawer...the service was barely adequate .. though not inspiring..scallops were "mushy"...the nystrip was WAY too chewy....the sea bass had a glaze that hid the flavor of the bass....i've had better lobster bisque at a cheap chinese restaurant...
- RoxanneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Sullivan's was a great choice for an early dinner before attending an event at The Long Center. Food was excellent, service was very attentive, but not overbearing; management also friendly and personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a good choice after 5 yearswjbii58VIPDined on 11/21/2014Nice redesign of restraunt from last visit. Food was very good. Especially the sides. Brussels sprouts, mac etc. Only short fall was the bread. I like more crust and not so much dough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience, best of food and service!Al33Dined on 11/21/2014The BEST of the BEST this establishment is! Jennifer and I had an outstanding dining experience, excellent food with impeccable service. Thank you for making our birthday celebrations so special!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to PleaseLollygaggerDined on 11/20/2014Group of seven and I'm the only girl of the bunch. They did a nice job of acknowledging me as the host. Round table is always appreciated for a group of this size. Found a nice slightly off the beaten path wine at a fair price. We had fun with the older port after dinner along with the desserts. Chocoholics were happy with the lava cake. Steaks were cooked per order and we thought the mushrooms were killer. Don't miss them. Great dinner after a long day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivan'sPrettybirdDined on 11/16/2014Hadn't been to Sullivan's since the renovation. They opened up the space. It looks very different. I preffered the old decor. It was. Cozier and more romantic. My steak salad was not really up to par but my date's mahi mahi was to die for! Overall a nice experience but I think they may have lost some of the magic in the renovation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The service was Exceptional! The food was ok, because our fish and pork entrees were over cooked. But I've had many time where all the food has been well prepared and we would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendVIPDined on 11/11/2014Every other year I come to Austin to attend the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Librae=ry. I conclude my day with dinner at Sullivan's. This year I was early and called and was told to come on in. I was seated in the bar area and the bartender, Christina took excellent care of me. I had therib eye and mac and cheese with the a cup of shrimp and crab soup..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AthmospherTopChoiceDined on 11/7/2014We were fortunate to have Carlos as our waiter. Carlos is one of the best waiter we have had in any restaurant, that includes Truluck's, Driskill Grill, Ruth's Chris, Jezebel, Perry's and Flenning's...just to mention a few. His knowledge of the menu, his professionalism, and attention to details was superb and far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- mmailmanVIPDined on 11/3/2014The service was the slowest I've ever had at any restaurant, much less a "nice" steakhouse. I have been to lots of other Sullivan's before and even this same location and it was a major let down. We waited 35 minuted in between appetizers and soup and even longer for the steaks. It was my anniversary and we didn't even stay for desert because it was taking a ridiculous amount of time and the restaurant was so hot we felt like we could barely breathe. We asked for the check the moment our steaks came and didn't even eat our steaks. We bumped into friends that night leaving and they said they could barely take the heat too; we were sweating at the table. We will never go back. Such a let down, especially since it was our anniversary.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014We really liked the food - but we made an 8:45 reservation and weren't seated until 10:30. Other parties came in after us and were seated. This was even after going up to the hostess table every 10 minutes to check on the status of a table. Once we finally got a table the service was quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Steak house in AustinneveragainDined on 11/1/2014We booked the restaurant for 830pm were put aside to wait for a table for an hour - the staff was clearly inexperienced and totally lost. Table were free but they were not seating anyone that was waiting, probably because they were understaffed - Once we finally had our table we waiting 45 minutes for water and another hour for our meal. One of us in the party decided to not wait for the food any longer as it was already 11pm by then. During a large event in town my advise is to forget this place. It could be very nice but would have to be managed properly and staffed accordingly.
- Not as good as it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We don't splurge on dinner frequently, but Sullivan's is where we've gone for the last 10 years when we do! It used to be nice, intimate, quiet. I guess the owners/managers are trying to present a more casual atmosphere. The wine wall has been moved, the bar visible to the entire restaurant and it's lost that intimate appeal. My husband and I would go to have a nice dinner, be adults and enjoy conversation. There were a lot of "huh's?" during our conversation last Saturday night. The food was still pretty good, but I'll admit that my ribeye had more fat on it than I remembered from before.Special Features:
- Race WeekendRaceweekVIPDined on 11/1/2014We did not have a good experience. The food was so so, and service was good, but not to Sullivan's standards. The chair were folded chairs, the meal took 1.5 hours to serve our dinner (kitchen was having some issues). The waiter was not trainined on how to serve or present a bottle of wine. We purchased (3) bottles. I been Sullivan's many times around the US, but this was not a good evening. It was race weekend in Austin and all the restaurats were extremely busy.Special Features:
- F1 weekend stapleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Our waiter Oliver did a great job! Steaks and cocktails were very nice, the prix fixe menu worked for me, enough food and a good bargain. Our reservation got us in immediately. We've eaten in the bar, the large back room and the main dining room, nice each time. Nice decor and the attractive hostesses and staff don't hurt either! Coming back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The service was great, the food was good, but nothing exceptional. My husband's salmon was a bit overcooked, but he's not one to send food back, although they offered. It came out on a very hot plate and kept cooking. The drinks were good, although very expensive. It was our anniversary and not only did they comp our dessert, but comped two. They also took our picture and presented it to us with the staff signatures. We has a good experience, but nothing to write home about
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our service was a little rocky at start, not what I expected out of a fine dining establishment. We were promptly seated upon our arrival & told our waitress would be right over and she was(10 minutes later). It took another 15 minutes before we got any drinks including water, I guess the 7 other tables were too much for all the waiters/waitress to handle because they constantly had meetings in a group by the kitchen where all the patrons could see. Our meals finally arrived almost an hour after being seated and it made up for the service. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and tasted great. I did notice that no manager came by the table to see how our experience was, a detail most high end places in the area usually do. Overall average.Special Features:
- Birthday blissClarkFamilyFunDined on 10/18/2014Took Mom for her 70th birthday. She was made to feel ultra special! Carlos and the entire wait staff took exceptional care of our entire table. It was our first trip to Sullivan's, but certainly not our last! The steak was the best I've had in Austin…cooked to absolute perfection! Thank you Sullivan's for making Mom's 70th especially memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and impeccable servicemollyg86Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I came here for my birthday dinner for a 6pm reservation and we had a really great experience. I tried the new Cranberry Collins cocktail and it was absolutely delicious. My steak was a little pink for my liking, but I wasn't even going to say anything - the waitress just knew, though. She whisked it away, and the manager came over to apologize and give us a free side of (perfectly cooked) asparagus. Within minutes my steak was back, perfectly cooked. I really appreciated the great service and appreciated the good food even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service terribleboomersoonerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Booked a reservation 2 months in advance, hostess acted like she didn't know what to do when we showed up. 15 minutes to get seated WITH a reservation. Waited forever for a waiter, for water. Begged for service with manager, hostess, and then waiter. Begged for wine list. Then finally manager got attentive and then wouldn't stop bugging us the rest of the night. We have eaten here before and food had been great. This time food was just ok. Steak overcooked but service had been so bad we were afraid to send it back. Also noted they they seated every African American guest in one section of the restaurant, in the raised section to the right. Why???
- Good food, Excellent servicetrekkievetDined on 10/16/2014We went her for my husband's birthday. He loves steak and enjoyed what he got. My son and I are vegetarians and were limited to salads and sides. That being said, the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were outstanding. The service was wonderful, and the staff were helpful and fun. They even took a picture of us and put it in a frame that everyone signed as a birthday gift. My only complaint was that the noise level was so high we could barely hear each other over the noise. It would probably be fun for a group, but not a quiet family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Thought the new decor was good except I think there needs to be a half wall between the bar and fine dining. When you're paying $40 or more per entree you normally are not wanting to watch sports. Also love the fact there was live music but seemed a little loud. It was better once there were more tables filled but not too nice when we first got there at. 7pm. Service was good and we thought the food was great. Just a little pricy.Special Features:
- Nothing special.SisterKateDined on 10/11/2014I originally checked "yes," that I would recommend the restaurant. It was a nice evening and besides it being slightly noisy, we had no complaints. But I can't say I'd recommend it for any of the specific reasons listed. The food was good, but this is Austin- you can get good food many places- from fine dining to food trailers. As I said in the survey I completed at Sullivan's, if there had been any more guests there (it was just under 1/2 capacity), we would have been annoyed at the noise and crowdedness. It was a nice evening, but nothing interesting, unique or noticeable about it. Maybe if I was a few decades older and just wanted a boring evening, this would be the place I'd rave about.
- Our favorite steakhouse in Austincrazy4sullvansDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I have visited Sullivan's several times in the past 18 years, and we have never had a bad experience. The staff is courteous, the atmosphere is excellent, and the food is amazing. Sullivan's is the only place where I do not have to request steak sauce because the meat is seasoned to perfection. We are looking forward to our return!Special Features:
- new and remodeledTryonDined on 10/10/2014Remodeled interior is nice..sides were all good. Service by Christian was great..Steak was not the best. They need to switch to Allen Brothers steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium Well done horriblyMealsAndDealsDined on 10/10/2014I went for lunch for my mom's birthday. The furniture, decor and lighting were beautiful!! Everything else went down hill. For beverages, I had the 50/50 and it was great. She had the strawberry lemonade and it was much too sweet. I also had the 6 oz filet mignon and it was charred as if they rubbed charcoal on top, and it was cooked well when I asked it to be cooked medium. My mother had the special which was a 4 oz filet mignon with shrimp. Her filet was supposed to be medium and it was well done, no pink inside, and the shrimp was rubbery. I will not be going back. In fact, I'd much rather go to Saltgrass Steakhouse. There I paid the same amount, received more food and my filet mignon was cooked perfectl
- ByrdmanDined on 9/28/2014Wanted a local steakhouse in Austin for a small group and Sullivan's didn't disappoint! Great service, drinks were awesome (I recommend the signature Knockout), food was timely and my ribeye was charred perfectly on outside and done medium inside exactly as requested. The chopped Brussels sprouts were out of this world! I'll be back next time I'm in Austin!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We reserved a table for the evening with a group, but we couldn't hear ourselves talk. The food was great, but the purpose was to gather and talk while we ate. We were dissatisfied as a result.
- Fine dining at its best!Gr8ntoutDined on 9/19/2014From top rate service to a splendid wine selection and a tremendous meal from start to finish, Sullivan's steakhouse should not be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pqOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014Very good restaurant. However too pricey and not in the class of Morton's or Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- The Best of Austin DiningTheMosiersDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I decided to spend our 1st year anniversary dinner at Sullivan's. Its had been many years and were pleasantly surprised by the remodel. The food was so much more than I had remembered. Our service was off the charts. The wait staff and management went over and beyond to make our evening special. We have decided not to wait for the next remodel and will be making reservation very soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingMaggieDined on 8/31/2014We had an obviously new server, dripped wine all over our table at the outset after opening the bottle- so tablecloth was a mess and was left that way. Bisque was good, steaks and accompanying sauces we're very salty, so sent most of our meal back uneaten. No ambiance in the restaurant. We had booked to celebrate husband's birthday, they did bring my husband a dessert and birthday card. Don't recommend this for anyone who is looking for fine dining steak restaurant.
- first time guestnuubeeDined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend and i came here thanks to my bosses. Made reservations online quick and easy. Table was ready when we got there and the waiter knew it was our first time thanks to my notes made during online reservation. Good to know they reallt look at those notes. The food was great menu was amazing and drinks were beyond tastey. Our waiter was new and you could tell but he did an amazing job. Super personable made good recommendations and you could tell he was really working to make this a great night. My filet was perfect and the salmon disappeared off my girlfriends plate. We ordered the bananas foster for desert and also their specialty house coffee. Great end to an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerardDined on 8/29/2014The location is perfect, the sports bar next door, Sully's, is worth checking out, and the service was outstanding. I will return again.Special Features:
- FoodSosoDined on 8/27/2014The salad was good but overloaded with dressing. The potatoes and asparagus were very salty. I like salt on my food but not that much. The filet mignon was excellent as was the bananas foster bread pudding. Coffee was lukewarm but server did brew a new pot. Our waiter was outstanding.
- Great Anniversary DinnerRRdinerDined on 8/26/2014Sullivan's always has great food and is a great destination for a special occasion. The service was top notch and the restaurant is very hospitable from the entry to leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTXMouseDined on 8/24/2014Had a Sunday evening dinner at Sullivan's in celebration of my daughter's birthday. Great menu selections; service was exceptional; and they added the extra touches to make her birthday memorable.Special Features:
- 36th wedding anniversary! ThanksThanks2youDined on 8/19/2014Many thanks to Todd Henderson and server Chris both of whom made our anniversary dinner memorable. The reservation system worked well. Our table was well chosen and well placed. The menu was diverse without too many choices. The prix fixe 3 course dinner was only slightly and comfortably a little too much food. The creme brulee was amazing but twice too large. We had a very wonderful evening of good atmosphere ( not too noisy), good service, and great food. Again many thanks to the manager Todd Henderson and server Chris who were both friendly and personable but not intrusive. We had a great 36th wedding anniversary night! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe at Sullivan'sAustinSailorDined on 8/17/2014On a recent Sunday evening, enjoyed the Prix Fixe special offered at Sullivan's. The three course special had plenty of offerings to satisfy both of us and the portions were large enough to share. Bar staff and wait staff were excellent and professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family DinnerEManDined on 8/17/2014Hal (the Manager) did an excellent job making us feel welcomed and important. The staff was great and very attentive (but not intrusive) - obviously well-trained.Special Features: